z

Young Writers Society

Hollow

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:58 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

Sol’s wound was starting to bleed more, and they began to feel a bit lightheaded. But he still kept on going, keeping up the attacks against the bramble of thorns. Eventually, he got through it... but so did his wound. It finally got the best of him. It didn’t take him long for him to faint from blood loss.
Do you how do?
I use any pronouns :)
Get in losers, we're going napping

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:06 pm
Ljungtroll says...

Eventually Jova turned back--just to see if the thing was following. It was not, in fact. Instead it seemed to have fallen the moment it came out of the brambles. It did seem to be badly wounded.
Jova stood there for a moment, unsure whether he wanted to carry on or see what was the matter. The creature had seemed human enough, minus the horns of course. Perhaps it needed help.
"Bollocks," Jova sighed, beginning to trudge back in the direction he'd come.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:18 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

Amoku heard commotion towards the right, smirking.

"Lost? Trapped? Lost and Trapped?" he wondered to himself. After a moment of wondering, Amoku jogged/swam through the deep marsh towards the voices and commotion.
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

112 Reviews

Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:40 pm
Ljungtroll says...

Jova reached the creature and bent down, taking its wrist in his hand. The pulse was there, though it was faint. Jova removed his backpack and began to fish around for his first-aid kit.
"Not sure what you are, old sport," he said, "but you can be sure you won't be dying just yet."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

19 Reviews

Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:44 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

About 10 minutes later, Sol groaned softly, his eyes slowly fluttering open. He saw that guy from earlier looking over him.

“...wh- huh..?”

He sat up, looking at his wound. Much to their surprise, it was... bandaged?
Do you how do?

112 Reviews

Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:51 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"Good to see you awake," Jova said in surprise. He'd been working on stitching up the creature's cloak. "How are you feeling, young fellow?"

she/her

19 Reviews

Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:56 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

“I’m... fine...” Sol looked back at Jova, his eyes softening a little. “...You... helped me..? ...Why...?”
Do you how do?

112 Reviews

Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:36 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"You look human enough," Jova said with a shrug. "My conscience wouldn't let me leave."

she/her

19 Reviews

Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:41 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

Sol looked back at the wound, then back at Jova. “...Thank you. Really. Sorry about earlier.”
Do you how do?

112 Reviews

Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:45 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"I've a tough skin, my boy," Jova chuckled, rising. He offered him his hand. "Or...I'm sorry, I'm not very well acquainted with the sex of non-humans."

she/her

19 Reviews

Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:50 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

“...” Sol sighed. “...It’s boy... y-you say that like I’m... not human anymore...” His voice trembled a little. He truly was a monster, wasn’t he...
Do you how do?

112 Reviews

Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:53 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"Well, I mean you've got a pair of bloody horns on your head, don't you?" He gestured. "It's not a costume, is it?"

she/her

19 Reviews

Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:56 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

“...” Sol sighed. “...It’s a long story. But I wasn’t always a monster. This happened as a result of dark magic.”
Do you how do?

112 Reviews

Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:03 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"Ah, dark magic. Nasty business, that." Jova wiggled his fingers and wrinkled his nose. "My apologies for assuming otherwise, then." He held out his hand. "Earl Jova Mortimer Barton IV, at your service."

she/her

19 Reviews

Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:13 pm
View Likes
Ignorance says...

Sol blinked, carefully taking Jova’s hand. “...Revenge Sanders, nice to meet you.”
Do you how do?

She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings.
— Atticus