z

Young Writers Society

The Tavern

4133 Reviews

Reviews: 4133
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:22 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Jennifer smiled. "You can just say you don't want to share. You don't have to lie. You're entitled to your own privacy...and for the record, he follows me around, I'm just making sure he doesn't do anything stupid like blowing up a multiverse. And I guess we're just making up for l...you know what never mind, that'll be too much information."

"What are you going to do with that thing?" said Harry, "shoot yourself?"
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:41 am
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James nodded "what else" he pulled the trigger and went limp.
*boop*

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:46 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Greed raised an eyebrow. "Your brother has the kind of power that could compromise the multiverse?"
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:39 am
View Likes
5h4d0W says...

Spoiler! :

Name : Ryo
Backstory : A teenage boy trying to survive in an apocalyptic world filled with zombies they call Lurkers. His parents have died two years ago before the pandemic and he lived all by himself ever since. Having no other known living relatives, he has been surviving the pandemic all by himself. Loner.
Specialty : Having a gun enthusiast as his father, he knows very well to handle almost all types of gun but his favourite firearms would be sniper rifles and handguns which he trained himself to use for years.

P.S I made this by myself after i had not drawn anything for the past 7-8 months, pretty decent huh? Fyi, this is basically my alter self that i would like to be if we ever got into zombie apocalypse. Minus the loner part and no family member part but i am kind of a loner irl. :smt002

Ryo runs like his life depends on it. Because it is. He knows he messed up this time. TRULY, TRULY MESSED UP BIG TIME. Behind him is a horde of hungry relentless Lurkers chasing him. Ryo then sees a metal door that look sturdy enough to hold the horde from chasing him. Normally, he wouldn't risk rushing straight into a building when he never explored it as it might put him into a more dangerous danger of running into another horde, but not this time. " Crap, there's no time, Fudge this, I just have to kill any lurkers that got too close too me. No big deal, right?" he doubt himself.

As he cursed himself for the problem that he brought to himself he quickly enter through the door and turn around to lock it but he sees no doorknob or any locking mechanism that would allow him to lock the door, just a simple metal door handle. " What the? I thought this is a metal door, but it's actually a wooden door?!" he quickly looked around him to find something to hold the door close but what he sees around him startles him that he forgot the situation he is in.

He seems to be in a medieval styled bar or in that time of age called as tavern and he see a lot of people just chilling and chatting with each other. Upon remembering his situation, he leans towards the door as if the Lurkers are trying to get in but he feels no resistance. He remained at his position for a while just to make sure but again, he feels nothing trying to push the door open. It's as if the Lurkers just decided to leave him alone or, they just miraculously disappear.

He stands up, looking at his surrounding. Suddenly, he frantically checks his mask to make sure that there is no leaks and he isn't imagining things and not breathing in something hallucinating. He looks at the visitors of the tavern while readies his silenced gsr89 semi-auto pistol in his hands, in case they attacks him.

" What is this place?" he thought to himself. Then he smiles, sarcastically, he starts to laugh " Hahahaha...maybe I'm dead. And this is just the purgatory realm. Well, I guess this is better than trying to live through that hell. Maybe I could find that stupid blonde girl who killed herself too." Deep within his heart, he is crying thinking that he is dead but he isn't dead yet.
Last edited by 5h4d0W on Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

95 Reviews

Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:45 am
Teddybear says...

Greed's attention was drawn away from the conversation by a newcomer bursting into the tavern. He wondered aloud where he was, musing that it might be purgatory. Greed snorted.

In an instant without seeming to have moved at all, they were leaning against the doorframe with their arms crossed. "You're not dead, darling."

he/they

12 Reviews

Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:26 am
View Likes
5h4d0W says...

"Huh? I'm not dead- Wait, who are you!? What do you want from me? What is this place!? " due to his last experience that almost killed him with another survivor, Ryo instinctively raised his gun towards the women. Being the cautious person he is, he slowly backs off, the pistol aimed squarly at her head, his index finger ready to pull the trigger the moment she makes a suspicious movement. While his other hand reaches out to his kerambit in its scabbard hidden behind him.
"Set your heart ablaze!" -Rengoku Kyojuro, Flame Hashira of the Demon Corps

95 Reviews

Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:33 pm
Teddybear says...

Greed snickered, "Pull the trigger. Go on. I'm not that kinda being."

he/they

34 Reviews

Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:18 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

Andrew stamped a big red TERMINATED on Subject-087. "Subject-087 has been terminated" Andrew spoke into the mic "permission to send in Subject-088?" There was a pause "permission granted."
Two guards lead in a limp figure, Andrew strode over to him with a smile "hello Spubject-088, you're name is now James Weston, you are a male scientist who worked at DHF until an accident occurred, you lost your best friend and were left with a never before heard of disease that causes you to have random fits of dizziness and slight hearing lost especially after exercising or excessive physical activity. You are to go to this location, you are to order whiskey. I am your partner, you must keep in constant touch with me if you find anything of interest. You think of me like a younger brother. And finally, if all goes wrong, you are to put a bullet through your head with this." He hands James a gun. "Do you understand?" James nods.

Not long later James steps into the tavern, humming to himself. He steps over the dead body of other James, keeping his eyes on the ground as he walks up to the bar. "Could I have some whiskey please" he mutters. Maybe he could rest here for the night? He holds his suitcase close to his chest, he isn't sure if he trusts these people.
*boop*

12 Reviews

Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:05 am
View Likes
5h4d0W says...

Although he would easily pull the trigger if he wants to, he knows from past experiences that intel is a valuable factor for survival. So he decided to try to find out what's happening around him first.

He pulled the trigger anyway, but instead of aiming right at her head he shoot a bullet past beside her, just centimeters from her head, trying to intimidate her. " Bold of you to ask me do that, but please, I seriously don't want to waste my ammo for these kind of things. Tell me, what is this place? How did such place even exist with what's going on outside there? You guys never got attacked by other survivors or Lurkers? And why the hell are you guys wasting your time and food chatting idly? You know winter is near right? " he gaze intensely into her eyes, searching for some truth in it. Somehow, her eyes reminds him of the eyes of the girl who get herself killed by a horde of Lurkers. Memories of the things that occured that day came rushing into his mind.

He was just scavenging the cars in his way back to his shelter when she suddenly heard a female voice screaming something nearby, attracting all the Lurkers in the area towards her. He looked around to find the owner of the voice so that he can convince her to shut up in a way or another.

But when he finally found out who is the owner of the voice, its already too late. A horde of Lurkers have already started to attack her. All he could do is hide inside the car closest to him, and watch all the horror that befalls the girl.

4133 Reviews

Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:32 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Jennifer smiled to herself, glad for the sudden interruption. The extent of Harry's abilities were probably best left unknown for the moment. Very few people had seen what he could truly do.

Then a bullet suddenly flew past her. Out of reflex, she snatched it out of the air, turning towards the source: the newcomer. She raised her eyebrows. That was definitely someone running from a potential apocalypse scenario.

"Can someone explain why this almost hit me?" asked Jennifer, casually stepping forward and holding up the bullet.

Harry watched the man die. Another person hurried into the tavern, looking exactly like the one on the ground. He laughed. It had been a few years since he saw something as silly as a project like one of those. It was hardly a threat to anyone, provided they hadn't somehow gotten unnecessary information.

With that in mind, he muttered under his breath, shielding him and Jennifer from any kind of probing, layering the air with a slight touch of magic. The world around the tavern was weird enough that it would hardly be noticeable. And just to be safe he grabbed the suitcase from the dead guy and quickly erased it and its contents from existence. No chances would be taken.

He stepped away from the new James quickly, stepping quickly towards his sister.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

95 Reviews

Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:15 am
Teddybear says...

Greed was hardly bothered by Jennifer stepping into the conversation. They eyed the bullet in her hand with veiled amusement. "Don't wanna waste your ammo," they repeated, "Right."

They pushed off of the doorframe and strode forward into the newcomer's personal space. "Ignore my acquaintance for the moment," they purred, widening the strings of reality around him. A level two being like himself would probably become dizzy and disoriented at the feeling of reality pulling apart around him. The instability of it all wasn't something things like him were designed to handle. "How about you take those questions one at a time."

he/they

12 Reviews

Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:07 am
View Likes
5h4d0W says...

Upon seeing how this other stranger just swiftly caught the bullet, he realizes that these human like beings might not be human at all. He take a deep, long breath and slowly lowers his pistol. " After what I just see, I don't think i will even survive if I pick a fight with any of you people so I guess there is no really a good reason for me to use the intimidation interrogation technique huh? "

Even so, he still have his other hand readily holding the handle of the kerambit, just as precautions. " So uhhh, would you mind telling me who are you and what is this place? I know we start off in a bitter way but it's just my past experiences kicking in. I'm sorry if anyone is offended by my actions. And you there, the one who caught the bullet, I did shoot to miss anyone it passes through but I didn't expect you would catch it. Anyway, the name's Ryo. "

He wonders how come he could talk normally with a stranger when back before the pandemic, he is a loner, the guy with few words. He guessed maybe spending months of living all by himself without no human interaction raises this urge to talk to someone when he meets anyone that is still alive.

34 Reviews

Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:29 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James walks over to Ryo "hello Ryo, the name's James." He extends his hand. As he does this, he observes Ryo, very, very carefully.
*boop*

4133 Reviews

Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:26 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Why don't you start with exactly who you are?" asked Jennifer.

"I think we should avoid that second James guy," said Harry, talking to Jennifer telepathically this time. No chances would be taken.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

34 Reviews

Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:30 pm
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

James turned to the speaker "I'm James and who might you be?"
*boop*

I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good... then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor - such is my idea of happiness.
— Leo Tolstoy