z

Young Writers Society

The Plight of the Twelve Cities

Reviews: 0
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:58 pm
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

Rileni turns to the group, casting a wary glance at Ryke before speaking. He no longer trusted him at all. He figures he should address an introduction to the rest of the group, even if he's already said one to Bobby.

"My name is Rileni Shanil, second in command to the Solvar, a ship that has sailed many a galaxy." He looks between everyone, deciding he hates Ryke and that Bobby is okay. Everyone else has yet to be decided.
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:25 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Mage's tail nervously swished behind him. He hoped it came off as impatient and not fearful. He wasn't exactly afraid of anyone there, but he was worried that he wouldn't be able to keep up a confident persona. He already had failed a little - he should have made his introduction louder and more bold.

He could still salvage it.

"So what now?" he asked. "We traded introductions and stopped fighting. What are we supposed to do?"

Soul glanced off in the distance.

"There's a building nearby," he said. "We could go there."

Mage had admittedly been thinking the same thing, but he still wasn't sure if everyone here was in the same boat as Soul and him. He wasn't even sure how he was supposed to ask without drawing attention to himself.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:41 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Rizo glanced between them and the building, opening her mouth to protest. She closed it. Straightening her posture, she gave them a nod, "You're not with me, if you do go in," she said quickly.

With a flourish of her cape, she turned and made a beeline for the building.

xXx

Bobby inched back, trying his best to become as small as possible. Ryke was probably mad at him still, and he looked like he could do a lot of damage if he wanted to.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:37 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Soul faltered.

That was...rude. He glanced over at Mage, trying to gauge his friend's reaction. It was hard with the hood covering his face and the methodical swishing of his tail, but he knew that Mage was used to reactions like that. He usually acted ruder to the people that they met, so it wasn't unsurprising when they returned the gesture.

...Even though Mage hadn't done anything rude this time around.

Mage started to head after her.

Soul went to follow, but then he saw the way that Bobby was inching back. He looked almost like Mage did when they first met - though Mage had made a few more threats than Bobby had. But Mage was in a very different boat than Bobby seemed to be in, so the threats had been justified back then.

He walked over to Bobby.

Up ahead, Mage paused and glanced back.

"Hi," he said. He gave a smile. It was still a little awkward, but he hoped it conveyed his point. "I, uh, know we haven't really talked yet, but do you want to walk with my friend and I?"

He thought for a moment, looking Bobby over again.

"I could help you learn how to heal," he said. "I...I don't know why I can't do it right now, but I can heal like you did. You seem new to it, so I thought you might want some help."
mage

queer and here.

Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:43 pm
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

Rileni watches the man talk to Bobby closely. Once he determines Bobby likely isn't in any danger he walks over and picks up his previously flung away knife. He tucks it back into his belt and begins walking to the house, casting a hopefully comforting smile towards Bobby as he does.

He's careful to stay in the middle of the path and away from the small glowing flowers. Those had hurt.
they/them

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:30 pm
View Likes
MeherazulAzim16 says...

The witch has made a clear threat. If they are not with her, then by default, they are against her. That’s how it must be since standing where they are while she goes on her marry way accomplishes nothing. She knows something of substance and Ryke wants to find out what.

The one who goes by the name Magestorrow seems to be walking in the direction of the house, despite the clear warning.

“Do you have any clue as to how we have arrived here, and to what end?” Ryke asks of the rest of the group. “I believe not. We need answers and we won’t find them on this road. Since we are effectively disregarding the witch’s warning, I suggest all of you be on your guard.” Ryke looks at Bobby. “And provide protection to the ones who need it, should it come down to that.”
"We Are Groot."
— Groot

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:45 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Rizo vanished into the building up ahead, the momentarily open door briefly letting out the sound of merriment from within before it once again fell closed and there was only silence.

Bobby nodded to the one who offered to teach him to heal. He didn't know what was going on, how he did what he did, where he was. Anything. He didn't know anything. So he went to walk with the man and his friend.

He looked back at Ryke when he started talking, then immediately turned his gaze to the ground. He wanted to say something, try to stop anyone from thinking they had to hurt each other. Bobby was always the first one hurt when that happened. No one really wanted to kill a kid, but they would shove him onto the ground to get him out of the way, hit him for doing or saying things they didn't like, kick him to make someone else angry, and a lot of other things. He really, really didn't want to get hit again.

But still, he couldn't find any words to say that would work. So he turned back toward the building and inched a little closer to Soul. He had offered to help, and Bobby knew he meant it. He was a good person.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:15 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Soul wanted to start teaching Bobby now.

He needed something that felt familiar. Even if he couldn't heal himself, going through the motions would make everything feel a little more normal. But he knew they needed to go into the tavern, and he knew that now wasn't the time to step aside and teach Bobby how to heal.

Mage fell back. He glanced over at Bobby from the other side of Soul, studying him from within the depths of his hood. Soul wondered what his friend was thinking - Bobby was probably closer to Mage's age than Soul was.

(Soul still didn't know how old he was. He knew he'd never get the answers. But saying he was just eleven felt wrong, just like being trapped like this felt wrong, too.)

"Do you work for the church?" Mage asked. His voice betrayed none of the fear he must have been feeling right now - it was cool and soft.
mage

queer and here.

Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:44 am
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

Rileni entered the building rather cautiously, not trusting it.

His horns hit the top of the door frame, and he nearly fell over, barely stabling himself on the side of said doorframe. Today was not his day.
they/them

But answer me this: how can a story end happily if there is no love?
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane