z

Young Writers Society

Pokemon Johto

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:57 pm
View Likes
Dilbert64 says...

Welcome to the beautiful region of Johto! Johto is an expansive region, brimming full of unique and varied Pokemon from both Johto and neighbouring Kanto!

Johto is led a by Champion Lance, a dork who wears a cape, and only became a Pokemon trainer because he thought dragons looked cool. Lance is far more concerned with catching a full team of shiny dragonites to care about silly things like running the government. As a result, the region has fallen into complete disarray. Central control from the league completely collapsed after Lance became champion. This led to absolute chaos, with gym leaders basically becoming warlords who rule over their city with an iron fist, and instituting brutal totalitarian regimes to maintain control. The routes and rural areas have descended into complete anarchism, there is no government authority, leaving Team Rocket and other criminal gangs to hold complete power, attacking random people as the try to travel between cities. There is also the risk that a person crossing through routes may stray off the path and be murderified by one of the human sized rats, or karate chopping beetles. These this makes travel extremely difficult, and food shortages are common in cities, as they often do not receive the supplies they need.

You are a young and hopeful trainer from New Bark Town, a town so obscure and tiny that it has been mostly left alone by the various thugs hanging around the region. You grew up destined to become a Pokemon trainer, due to the complete lack of education and job prospects. Today is the day in which you will travel to Prof. Elm, the mad scientist who enjoys sending children out into the woods where near certain death awaits.

You and a group of fellow New Bark trainers will journey out into this land of madness and danger, full of dangerous criminals, vicious creatures and malicious gym leaders! Don't worry, you'll be fine!

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:36 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

(Not that I'm planning to join or anything, but you didn't post any character template or a Discussion Thread, so, technically, this SB isn't complete enough for people to join it yet.
Thought you should know!

Peace)
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

I cannot separate the aesthetic pleasure of seeing a butterfly and the scientific pleasure of knowing what it is.
— Vladmir Nabokov