z

Young Writers Society

From Beneath a Library

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:06 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Harper jumped, eyes immediately locking on the source of the gunshot. She made a little squeaking sound at the back of her throat and clutched her grimoire to her rapidly heaving chest.

She backed up, rand into a shelf, didn't seem to notice.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:07 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He turned upon hearing the loud noise, confusion flickering across his face as he stared at both the weapon that had been fired and the one who had fired it. The weapon was vaguely familiar, but he wasn't entirely used to things like it yet. He also was unsure exactly what a "Deputy Sheriff" was, though he had heard it was some kind of title in the past.

"We were communicating," he said, gesturing at the girl who had been helping him with spell creation - and who had know just backed into a bookcase. He would have just returned to his planning with her, but she was seemingly too shocked by the noise to help much in the moment. He turned back to the two men, studying both of them with an inquisitive look - almost like how a child studied the insects crawling over their play area. "I'm..."

He paused, furrowing his brow. Who was he? He knew his name. He just wasn't sure if he was supposed to give it in a situation like this. He did have an alternative one, but he liked his real name more.

"...Sebastian," he finally decided. Names had power; it was safer going with the alternative.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Reviews: 1
Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:43 pm
View Likes
Silverthefox2 says...

He would turn his gun to the loud noise that filled the room "hey mate if ye could please not do that, that'll be nice" he was still looking at ezra waiting for a answer "i'm tryin to have a conversation and its disturbing"
The people of this world can only give you useless opinions of yourself. don't listen to them, instead live your life like the 10 you are.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:19 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Paul peeked out from behind his husband to pull Carter's gun arm down. It took several frustrated sighs and groans before Paul forced the gun back away.

The night began with them going on date night and now they were here in a haunted realm with Carter shooting at someone. So it was nothing new, but this time they didn't have any popcorn or concession candy.

He stepped out in front of his husband, half leaning on Carter and half leaning on his cane.
"I'm so sorry for his actions. We shouldn't be shooting at our allies in a situation like this and I know there are better ways to clear the air."
With a grimace he shifted his legs and continued, "I'm Paul, as he said, and I'm a professor of Magical Studies."

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

95 Reviews

Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:24 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Harper still looked nervous about the gun, but she perked up between wary glances at Carter when she heard the term 'magical studies'.

"Oh! Me too! Well, no, I'm more of a student. Kind of. I've got a group I preform spells with. We make out own, too. Well, some of us. Some aren't really that into making spells so much as casting them, but what are you gonna do, right? I'm Harper."

he/they

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:54 pm
View Likes
Pan says...

Ezra was thoroughly confused. From the Ghostbusters, to the human sacrifice conversation, and now some lunatic is firing guns and taking about magic . "I feel like this is a really bad trip," she mumbled under her breath.

The silver haired guy approached her, asking her about her friends, and she tried to ignore him. What friends? she thought, remembering the trip to the library on her Moped.

She tried to focus on what the girl with the gothic-lolita seeming style had been saying. "How do you make a spell?" She finally asked, giving into the curiousity.
I AM THE PAN.
BEWARE MY KITCHEN UTENSIL-Y GLORY!
Formerly 'PenAndSword'

95 Reviews

Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:48 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"Oh, it's facinating," she said, apparently forgetting about the gun and her feelings regarding it, "I can't really explain it all right now, but there are a lot of sigils and candles, and occasionally you have to talk to the right gods or demons. It's great fun."

he/they

766 Reviews

Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:08 am
View Likes
Brigadier says...

After Paul's encouragement to put the gun away, Carter relented to placing it back in his shoulder holster. He left his leather jacket hanging open to clearly display the presence of the weapon. Though going by the energy signatures in this room it might not do too much good against some of the cast members.

"Yes, my husband is a magician and I am a witch," Carter announced with his standard sigh and exasperated tone. It would only be a few minutes before someone questioned his gender and his magical status, and he would have to explain that male witches exist too. No matter what the likes of JK Rowling might say.

95 Reviews

Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:17 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"Me too!" Harper said excitedly, then immediately calmed herself down, seeming to realize, for once, that her reaction was a little more extreme than necessary. She blushed, "Sorry, yeah, I'm a witch too. Do you have a coven? I do. Our, uh, leader, I guess, Josh, says I'm one of the most dedicated members." She'd pretty much regained her energy by the time she was done talking, and had resumed bouncing on the balls of her feet with an excess of energy.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:30 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The one who had promised to help suddenly turned her attention to the man who had fired the weapon, leaving Sebastian to study the shelves on his own. He realized only a minute in that he still had no idea where to find the knowledge he was looking for, and turned his attention back to the group at large.

His gaze specifically lingered on the weapon that the man had used. He had held a similar one earlier, but that one had been abruptly taken out of his hands. This one clearly wasn't being used, and it was somewhat out in the open - it wouldn't be that hard to get it.

He closed his eyes, thought for a moment, and tapped into the essence nestled carefully within flesh and bones. A stray gust of wind blew around his feet, but it wasn't nearly the strength he needed. He needed something a little stronger. He directed it into something a little more defined, letting it curl around his feet as he tried to get a good grasp on it.

When it was as direct as he required, he opened his eyes and sent it in the direction of the man who said he was something called a witch. Somewhere, Sebastian recognized the word, but he was too busy trying to get his latest quarry. The wind never touched the man's body. The gust - strong, sudden and focused - popped up the patch of leather covering the top of the weapon, and a gust from below sent it shooting out of the holster. Before it could go flying away from him, he reigned the wind back - using it like an extra limb and bringing the weapon closer to him.

He grabbed the weapon from the wind, letting his magic fade as he examined the weapon and its mechanics.
mage

queer and here.

70 Reviews

Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:44 pm
View Likes
Pan says...

Ezra really was trying to comprehend the distinctions between 'magician' and 'witch', but she still stuck on 'magic'.

"This is really crazy to me," she breathed for probably the 10th time. She was pacing back and forth on a little stretch of already worn carpet. "So pretty much what happened, is that we all entered this library in our presents, and MAGIC sent us through time into a freaking movie," she looked across all of the new people, still mumbling to herself. "And now there are magicians, witches, whatever the hell those two are... And a very psyched out human." She just shook her head, turned around and started trying to find the exit of the library. "This is a mystery that I will absolutely not investigate."

However, the library had changed some since she had entered, and her venture only seemed to confuse her more. "What the hell is going on?" She shouted, feeling the urge to rip her own hair out.
I AM THE PAN.
Formerly 'PenAndSword'

95 Reviews

Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:16 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Harper jumped, "Hey, there's no need to yell. It's really not that complicated. Besides, I'm not sure if this really is the actual movie, it just looks like it. The Anima Homicidii can create illusions like this sometimes, though I'm not sure if she knows she's doing it. 'Course they always act real so..." She shrugged.

he/they

766 Reviews

Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:23 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Carter felt the energy coursing but didn’t block the spell. The confused man had swept the gun away but he stepped foreward to reclaim it a moment later. While this may end in the fellow trying to shoot the deputy, Carter had already put up bulletproof blockers. The round would ricochet off his shell and into a priceless collection of books.

This was Paul’s thought as he tried to answer the multitude of questions.
“Almost all of us entered the library of our own free will. But Carter and I were at the cinema watching Ghostbusters. It’s only been out for a few weeks in our timeline.”

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:05 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He barely noticed the weapon's owner approaching - he was too busy examining it to notice any of his surroundings. This was, in retrospect, a major failing, but his master had always joked in the detached way she always did that he was often more invested in her experiments than she was. With a little bit of trial and error, he discovered how to empty it of its ammunition. It apparently was based on tangible things, rather than beams of light or sudden bursts of energy.

He held the little metal pieces in his hand, the weapon unceremoniously dropped onto the ground as he studied them. He used his free finger to poke them, rolling them around in his palm.
mage

queer and here.

70 Reviews

Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:34 pm
View Likes
Pan says...

"Okay, so what are we supposed to do?" Ezra asks, opting to run her hands through her shoulder-length locks. "Obviously I'm clueless with this." She flapped her hands around her, indicating the 'magic'. "What's the difference between a magician and a witch anyways?" She directed her last question at the strange duo of men.
Last edited by Pan on Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I AM THE PAN.
Formerly 'PenAndSword'

A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.
— Honore de Balzac