z

Young Writers Society

Monster Mash!

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:36 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Rowenna tilted her head slightly. " I have the feeling that you and your dad don't go out and terrorize humans and kill them to survive."
"Those moments when your in so deep, it feels easier to just swim down"

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:41 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

"Nah, he just collects souls, tries to take over all the afterworlds. It's pretty lame." said Guy, mildly bored. He looked back at Rowenna.

"That sounds tough, though." he said sympathetically.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:49 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Spoiler! :
@SirenCymbaline, just because that thing happened where two people post in rapid succession at the end of a page, I believe you missed a post at the end of the page before this one. Or maybe you didn't, but I miss posts occasionally because of that sort of thing so I figured I'd check.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

162 Reviews

Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:05 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

"And you sing? How in the world did that end up happening? and it is tough, but it's the way it is." Rowenna replied, stretching and sitting more comfortably against the wall.

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

59 Reviews

Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:07 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Spoiler! :
@TheMulticoloredCyr you're right, I did miss that! thanks for the notif

Bettie took the searching hand. She looked into Annie's pupilless eyes, and smiled.

"Hey," she said, "Howsabout a lil' trip on the dance floor?"

_____

"It's what I care about." said Guy. "It's the only way to exorcise the darkness in my heart, and connect with people, you know? I've never cared about my dad's politics." he boasted nonchalantly. He could only keep it up for five seconds, before a little smile twitched onto his face.

"But I hear he still plays my albums in the car." he said fondly.

95 Reviews

Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:21 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

The Anima Homicidii stared.

She didn't have a response for something that wasn't supposed to happen, and this was not supposed to happen.

Her spare arms shifted around behind her, two of them passing the book back and forth between them before one finally curled protectively around it as she thought. She nodded. That was what humans did, was it not? They said - or implied - yes when they were asked to dance.

he/they

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:11 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Paul was surprised by the mer that had slid into the water and appeared before him, but could absolutely understand their need to be free of pain. The whole trip over here in Carter's car had been an absolute terror, leaving his legs cramped, and his head aching.

It took Paul much to long to respond with a quiet "Hi", and he wasn't quite sure if the other person was still there or not. If they had swum away from his anxious ass, maybe this party would have wifi and he could take notes for his next book.

---

On the other side of the room, Carter had admitted defeat to the crowd. A multitude of other guests had come in after his quick pass across the floor. And the energy in the room was growing curiouser by the second. Even with all the powers the witch was blessed with, it was getting hard to distinguish different signatures in the room.

Especially when some of the guests weren't being entirely truthful about what they were.

One glass of cider had already been consumed - he justified this by needing to taste it before presenting the drink to Paul. And now he was waiting for the nervous, flaming bartender to get back around to him.

It would take a couple more drinks for Carter to be able to make jokes about anyone else being flaming as he stood in a sparkling tuxedo and purple bow tie.

The scene at the party was the sight to see and he was glad that Paul seemed to be having a good time. He never could tell with that little magician though...

Looking in the direction of that very magician, Carter made his request.
"When you're free, bar keep, I'll have another for myself and one for my date. And do you know if this party has any food?" He paused and patted at his shoulder holster. "I would kill for some jalapeno poppers."

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

95 Reviews

Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:20 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Marciella pulled herself up onto the edge of the pool next to the newcomer, leaving her fins dangling over the edge into the soothing water. This seemed a much more casual event than most she attended, so she forwent the formality of her usual introductions, "I'm Lady Marciella," she said, extending a hand, "What name do you go by?"

he/they

766 Reviews

Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:34 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Noting the mer's use of their title, Paul shifted himself closer to the poolside, accepting her hand, giving it a gentlemanly kiss and answering, "Dr. Paul Lincoln."

He wriggled around in his seat for a moment, trying to return the feeling to his legs, and defaulted to one of Carter's classic pick up lines.
"So...uh...what's a nice mer like you doing in a place like this?"

95 Reviews

Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:47 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"I was invited," she said simply, "Yourself?"

He was most certainly human. His mannerisms confirmed it just as much as his lack of gills and the texture of his skin. It was too smooth to be mer. She suppressed a sigh. An entire party of humans and whatever the other strange, twisted creatures were. She couldn't say she was surprised, but she was a bit disappointed.

he/they

162 Reviews

Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:57 am
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

"That's nice." Rowenna said. "It's good you manage to find a way to connect to people and not follow your dad's footsteps, however painful and hard it can be."

766 Reviews

Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:04 am
View Likes
Brigadier says...

"Yes, I was invited too. Even if my husband insisted we show up in a manner similar to party crashers."

Paul looked back towards the bar as he said this, wondering just how long Carter was going to stand there in that isolation. If the man was going to lurk about, the least he could do was socialize with some of the other guests. Turning back to the mer in the pool, Paul commented further by saying, "I convinced Carter to come because he doesn't get to have fun often enough and this invitation came to me via a research intern. Ce thought it would be helpful for my new book."

95 Reviews

Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:09 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"You're a writer?" she asked, not just because it was the polite thing to ask, but because she was genuinely curious. She didn't get to meet many creative types, least of all writers. The occasional painter would come to create a portrait, or a singer would come to entertain, but the writers never seemed the be present at court. Not openly so, at least. As an avid reader, Marciella thought that a shame.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:35 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Sorry for falling so behind on this! I've had a lack of inspiration and been busy with schoolwork, but I finally figured out what I wanted to do.

The compliment made Azalea smile even more - Ryan following suit as well when he realized it was also directed somewhat at him.

"You could say that," Azalea said. After a moment passed, she decided to create another sunflower and offer it to Baba. She was sure they would like a second one, even if this one wasn't necessarily intended for the hat. "We don't usually call elemental magic users witches, but I think we're pretty close."

"Azalea and I are very similar when it comes to our magic," Ryan agreed. His gaze swept across the room out of habit - looking at the array of skeletons mingling about in costumes. He hoped they didn't mind Kate's insistence on dressing up. They hadn't protested, but it was hard to tell when someone like her was involved...

He shook the thought of his mind, including a little shake of his head.

xXx

The bartender nodded and retrieved everything that was requested - even the poppers, which hadn't been technically requested but were likely to be in a handful of seconds. He hadn't really spoken much during the night, Kate observed as she and Tobias moved from the dance floor to the drinks, but she was pretty sure it was because he was too busy eying Ryan.

Kate and Tobias stopped only a short distance away from the guest - Carter, if she was remembering the names right - and Kate opened her mouth to order both her and her best friend some drinks. But then she caught sight of two people over at the end of juice/snack bar, and she gave a quick, "I'll be right back" before rushing off towards the two.

"Welcome to the party," she said, and the younger of the two - Arthur Croft - of them immediately stiffened. His older, more magically powerful companion looked like he wasn't phased, but she could tell he was a little worried. "I'm Kate - I'm running the party. Did your invitation go through alright? I was trying to figure out if I should just send one or send two of them, but I guess sending one was alright."

Arthur looked over at him, all worry immediately draining from his face.

It was only when she saw a glimpse of a faked invitation - she could tell an illusion when she saw one, even if said illusion was made by the highest level of spirit - that she understood their worry, and she decided it was best to avoid addressing how Marius had been planning on slipping his boyfriend in even if he wasn't invited.

xXx

Tobias was glad that Kate was enjoying herself, but he really wished that she wouldn't run off. He ordered a water from the bartender, who faltered a little when he realized who he was, and stared down at the contents of the glass while he waited for Kate to return. He cast the occasional glance over in her direction, but she was busy chatting away with the two guests he was trying his best to avoid. He knew they both had to be safe to have been invited, but one of their souls just was so...strange. He didn't like the unfamiliar shape, and he didn't like how it felt so powerful compared to the souls he was used to interacting with.

The man beside him, however, was a more familiar presence. He didn't mind standing silently near him, quietly sipping his water through his colorful, Halloween-themed plastic straw.

He just hoped that the man wouldn't try to start up a conversation.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:43 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

"Wonderful." Bettie led Annie out onto the floor, slowly at first.

Just as they stepped into the middle, the lights turned a ghostly green, and sounds of percussion jittered rapidly into being- crisp and upbeat. Trumpets flourished, in frantic curling melody, with shrieks and moans interspersed for punctuation.

Swing. Perfect. Bettie's favourite thing, next to violent electro synth pop.

phpBB [media]

“Now, we hold hands, like this, kick and twist to the rhythm, - experiment- anyone who doesn’t want to get hit'll stay outta the way.”

Bettie should have been concerned with being hit herself, dancing with a five-armed blind girl- but she could take a few hits, and without the risk, why bother?
__

However painful and hard it might be, said Rowenna. Guy’s smile hiccuped.

Guy’s dad planned on doing his ruling and scheming and conquesting pretty much forever, so he never needed an heir. He just raised a son. He bought him a guitar. He played his first album over Hell’s intercom for days when it first came out. The album called ‘Shut Up, Dad.’

“Um.” said Guy. “Thanks.”

“So uh, what’s your dad like? Do you, get along, outside of hunting people?”

Yewis superiority!
— Several authors from the auspicious site.