z

Young Writers Society

Closing Time

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:46 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Nubes grinned. "That sounds just like Lunis, except he generally becomes bitter or awkward or energetic," the leopard said. "At least he can catch himself - I'd probably break my back if I tried to."
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:51 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Emily chuckled, “To compare Kivvien to Lunis is to compare an object falling at terminal velocity to one propelled by an electric mortar. Kivvien has far more self control than I believe Lunis could ever demonstrate. He does spend most of his time caring for children, after all.”
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

299 Reviews

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:54 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"In that case, I believe Kivvien would get along swimmingly with Lunis," Nubes said, grin turning a little more malicious.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:56 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Speaking of Lunis," Magic said, "do you think he'll be coming back soon?"
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:05 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Well, he always did like taking naps after eating, so, if I had to guess, he's probably trying to sleep on the floor of one of the stalls," Nubes said with a shrug.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:12 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Magic stretched.

"That's understandable," they said. "Eating makes me want to nap, too."

Leon shifted his weight from one foot to the other. "Could I have another request now?" he asked. It had been so long since he had been able to change his appearance freely, and it was fun using them for a game. "You don't have to do someone you know if you think you can't describe them - I just like being able to use my magic."
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:17 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Emily grinned, “I’ve always got someone else, with a life as long and social as mine it’s inevitable.” She thought for a moment, “You don’t mind doing a woman, do you? I wanna see if you can replicate Imani.”

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:21 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He shook his head.

"I don't," he reassured her. It was too long - and complicated - of a story to explain, but all of the three from their reality knew that Leon hadn't been his gender before when doing different forms - there had been the whole thing with Celeste. "What does Imani look like?"
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:29 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She thought about it, “Well, she’s a couple inches taller than me, awfully curvy, with the darkest brown skin I’ve seen in a long time. Her hair is just a shade darker than her skin and cropped really close to her head. She’s got wings too, but not bird wings, I only I know one person with bird wings and she might be a death god, long story.”

Emily tugged at her hair, trying to figure out how to describe the wings, “They’re like a bug. And Earth bug. I can’t-“ she groaned in frustration, “Those long ones, in summertime? With the clear- DRAGONFLIES! She has dragonfly wings, scaled up, of course, so they’re longer than she is tall.”

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:55 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Leon walked over to Emily's side, coat swishing around his legs as he tried to get a good idea of what Imani looked like. He tried to visualize her in his head like he had with Kivvien. He imagined a woman just a little bit taller than Emily, with dark skin and dark hair. He made the hair cropped and a little darker. The dragonfly wings were just a little bit longer than her height.

He made her eyes dark, and tried to think of a good outfit for her to wear. He settled for a white t-shirt, faded jeans and sneakers. He tried to make her...curvy - the word made him squirm - but he had trouble getting to a point that was bordering between natural and unnatural.

"How's this?" Leon asked, in a voice that wasn't like any he had ever really done before. He craned his neck to get a better look at the wings; it was strange seeing them on his back. "...I think I need some more information on what she looks like."
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:07 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Emily looked him over, "Hm..." She got to her feet, putting her plat down within the grip of regular gravity on the counter and got up to circle him.

"She usually wears more traditional Rykvorian clothes, and a pendant honoring Nonto, the Nerdifaen god of peace. The symbol is kinda hard to describe, but it's kina a swirl with a line through it and a dot on one end of the line, and another line on the other, kinda? It's weird. Religion is weird. Anyway, her face is a little leaner than that, and her eyes are a little lighter shade. The patterns on the wings are a little different too, but I'm not even gonna try to describe something as intricate as that."

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:17 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He followed each of her instructions - he attempted to make the pendant, made the face leaner, and made the eyes a lighter shade. He left the wings as they were, knowing he could never get them.

But there was one thing he could get, if he just knew what he was supposed to be making.

"What do Rykvorian clothes look like?" he asked.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:59 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She frowned, "Well, there are a lot of layers. The under layer is all plain fabric and consists of a skirt that kinda gathers at the hip where the two ends overlap. It's, uh, hard to explain. Then there are the overrobes, with four sections. One right down the front that splits away from the other sections a few inches below the hips, the side sections, usually of a darker color and lined with the color of the front section, that attach to the back section all the way to the floor. There aren't usually sleeves and the neckline is all the way up to the neck, with a collar."

She shrugged, "That's about as well as I can explain it, sorry. I don't have any of my suitcases, so I can't go digging in my wardrobe for Rykvorian clothes,"

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:17 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He tried his best to follow her instructions, but it was hard to making a set of clothes that matched a clothing style he had never seen before. While that was part of the problem, there was also the problem of Emily leaving more up to interpretation than she might have realized - he wasn't sure how long the skirt was, and didn't know the exact color of the clothes.

He ultimately went with earthy tones for the color of the clothes, and a skirt that went down to a little less than an inch about his knees.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:20 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She frowned, then shrugged, "Close enough. There's really not a better way to explain it, well, not a better way that I'm aware of anyway." She returned to her spaghetti, which was now a few degrees colder than she liked her spaghetti.

he/they

Alexa, are there European frat boys
— Carina