Closing Time

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:45 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Leon and Magic's eyes lit up.

"You could definitely do a superhero landing," Leon agreed. He took another bite of his muffin, then turned to Nubes. Nubes might be able to, too, but he wasn't entirely sure - Emily had the added bonus of being a vampire.

"You might be able to," Magic said, voicing his thoughts. They glanced over at Emily. "You should do it."

Kane just looked at the two and shook his head, a smile dancing across his lips as he saw how excited they were at the prospect. Even if Magic was impossibly old, sometimes they acted exactly like the boy they were currently getting excited with.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:20 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Emily's grin widened and she bounced up onto the wall, "Let's test that theory, shall we?" And, without further ado, she sprinted up to where the wall met the ceiling.

Once she was as high as she was going to get, she looked down. There was a clear area of ground between where the others stood and the tables. If the aimed right, she wouldn't crash into something -or someone- that she didn't want to.

She crouched against the wall, becoming aware of her powers for the first time in a long, long time. That force that kept her pinned to the wall and how she held it in place. It was like becoming aware of your breathing.

A deep breath.

She pushed off the wall, simultaneously releasing herself from the grips of her own gravity.

She turned over in the air, her latent muscle memory from so many years as an acrobat returning somewhat to assist.

She landed. A little wobbly, but it was a superhero landing.

She jumped to her feet, giggling. "You guys have to try that!" she exclaimed, forgetting, for a second, the impracticality of that sentence.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:59 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

The leopard tried not to spit out the muffin that he'd stuffed into his mouth as he saw Emily jump from the wall. Emily's old job came in handy - her precision, timing, and movement were excellent. To say nothing about Emily breaking the law of gravity. All in all, the landing wasn't perfect, but she easily pulled off what she'd set out to do.

"On second thought," Nubes said, setting the half-eaten muffin down, "I may not be able to."
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

95 Reviews

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:18 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Her smile didn’t dampen as she shrugged, “Your loss my dea, your loss.” She hopped the counter of the Italian restaurant next to the Dunkin Donuts and got tried out a specific order of garlic-free spaghetti.

The restaurant obliged and soon enough she was messily slurping up noodles while sitting cross-legged on the wall.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:39 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Magic and Leon were too shocked by the landing to give an audible reply for the first few moments that followed - they just stared at Emily with wide eyes.

"That was awesome," Leon said, awe in his voice.

"It's as good as the superhero landings I've seen," Magic agreed.

Leon watched Emily slurp her spaghetti for a moment before an idea to pass the time while they ate struck him.

"I can take requests for how I should make myself look," Leon said, glancing at the collective group.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:00 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She paused, thinking, "How about a game? One of us tried to describe someone to you who we know, and you try to look like them. The goal will be to get you to look as similar to the person being described as possible." She shrugged, "Just an idea," and kept eating.

he/they

299 Reviews

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:31 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Nubes nodded. "That would be entertaining," he said, taking another bite of his muffin. "I imagine Lunis would be rather eager to join in, but he's either still eating or has decided to take a nap. His loss, I suppose."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:41 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Leon nodded.

"That sounds good to me," he said.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:11 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Emily grinned, "Can I go first? I want to go first. I'm going first. Okay, so, I know this guy, Kivvien. He's mixed-race to the max. He looked pretty human though, and if he were from earth I would say he would appear more like he was of Mexican descent than anything else. He's got dusty brown hair that he's got cropped close on the sides and longer on the top, and he's always wearing this super long green and orange coat that he's usually hiding a rapier inside. His eyes are this muddy shade of green and..." she tugged at a strand of her hair, trying to remember anything she missed, "He's athletic. Tall, muscular, you know, the typical dancer."

She shrugged, "See what you can do with that."

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:41 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Leon screwed his eyes shut and tried to imagine the person that Emily was describing. He was already using a taller form than his actual self, but he imagined that Kivvien was a little bigger than him - with more noticeable muscles, too. The cropped hair was easy, and he made the slightly longer top fall a little bit onto his forehead. The muddy green eyes were the kind of green someone got when they tried mixing too many kinds of paint together. He went for a darker skin than his current one. The coat was easy - he made it mostly green with orange blemishes. If anyone had seen Sword Art Online, they might have said it looked like a more colorful version of Kirito's coat.

For the clothes underneath, he went with a simple black - black t-shirt, black pants, and black boots.

Now knowing what he wanted to have his version of Kivvien look like, he snapped his fingers and popped his eyes back open. "How does this look?" he asked, in a voice that wasn't quite the same as the one he was using only minutes before. "The only thing I could do was the rapier - I can't make weapons."
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:47 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Emily tilted her head, "The coat's wrong. That's kinda my fault though. It's mostly this shade of forest green with the orange lining showing through at the cuffs of the sleeves and the collar. And there are these little roped fasteners at the front, like a ceremonial coat. Those are orange too."

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:49 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He readjusted the coat with another snap of fingers.

"How does it look now?" he asked.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:56 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Emily shrugged, "As good as you're gonna get without seeing him. He's a great deal more handsome than you're portraying him, but not in a describable way, so we can't really fix that now can we."

he/they

299 Reviews

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:06 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"That is a remarkable ability of yours," Nubes said, nodding in Leon's direction. "Not only can you imitate people, you can even copy their clothing - I haven't heard of anything quite like that. Unfortunately, most of my friends can neither look remotely human or can dress well, so I feel they would lack Kivvien's charm."

95 Reviews

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:11 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Emily snorted, “He’s good looking, not charming. If that boy ever had the unfortunate luck to end up in a room with anyone he fancied or respected in any way he would make the biggest fool of himself and probably jump out the nearest window in embarrassment. Then I’d have to catch him again, and let me tell you that is not easy.”

he/they

I could literally be Obama and you guys would never know.
— AilahEvelynMae