590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:28 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Once Upon A Time

A Saeverse Roleplay

Once upon a time, fairy tales were retold.

This is not a new occurrence. Fairy tales - as are all stories - are retold in some shape or form. Some may bear the same name as the original, while others take only a dash of inspiration from them. But whatever the case may be, fairy tales have always been retold from one generation to the next.

But these retellings are a bit different.

People have been taken from across the multiverse to fulfill the roles needed to tell these tales. The reason for this will likely remain a mystery - it could just be the natural course of the multiverse, or something else is at play. Acting as the roles given to them seems to be the only way to satisfy whatever brought them all together. Without any clear answers, their only chance at getting home is retelling these stories one more time.

mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:28 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Rules

1. The retellings are based heavily on the Disney versions, rather than the originals. This is because they usually have happy endings and people are more familiar with them, but I'm down for doing an original fairy tale or two!

2. At the start of each new retelling, a post will be made. It will include what the fairy tale is, and any future roles that are taken by the characters in the roleplay. You can request future fairy tales and for your characters to play different roles ahead of time, or wait until after I've posted to claim your spot!

3. It's up to you to decide how much your character takes on the role they've been assigned. For example, someone who doesn't like dresses but has to play the part of a princess might have a costume change that involves pants instead of a dress. You can also keep the appearances relatively consistent with the version we're retelling. So, in that example, the character playing the princess would end up wearing the dress.

4. There's bound to be a little chaos at the start of each story. Characters will end up in locations that their roles are supposed to be, and might have to do a little searching to find each other.

5. Obviously this roleplay works well if your characters knows the fairy tales, but don't fret if they don't! We have one character who does, and I'll add more if the need arises.

6. Please include what your characters looks like in the beginning of your post at the start of each story! This is so we can document any major costume changes.

7. Have as many characters as you like! Just, if you do have a lot of characters, make sure to give everyone a chance to lead. There's luckily a lot of supporting roles in Disney movies, so it might be good to play more of those if you claimed many lead roles in previous stories.

8. Communication is key! If you're planning on claiming a role, mention it in spoilers, on the Discord server (I can send you an invite if Discord's more your jam), or by PMing me! You can also use all of those ways to suggest new stories for us to reenact.

9. Each round will end when the characters fulfill the requirements of the original story in some shape or form. There's going to be a lot of creative liberty, so don't be afraid to suggest your ideas for how the stories can have their happily ever after!

10. Have fun!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:30 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Tale I: Beauty and the Beast

(2017 Remake)

Belle
James, courtesy of @soundofmind.

Beast
Prince Nendros Exel Xenon, courtesy of @Magestorrow.

Gaston
Azerena Glendos, courtesy of @Magestorrow.

Belle's Father
Janos Everheart, courtesy of @Magestorrow.

LeFou
Bleffles, courtesy of @SirenCymbaline.

Mrs. Potts
Kendrik, courtesy of @TheSilverFox.

Lumiere
Aegeas, courtesy of @TheSilverFox.

Cogsworth
Aska, courtesy of @Magestorrow.

Chip
Cornyx Blackthorne, courtesy of @Featherstone.

Random Violin
Viper, courtesy of @Featherstone.

Random Accordion
Kratzer, courtesy of @Featherstone.

Random Townsperson
Levi Thompson, courtesy of @Magestorrow.

Madame de Garderobe
Leo, courtesy of @ChristenedPages.

mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:16 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I'm starting to suspect that describing my characters is going to be a hassle with each new story, but oh well. :P

Prince Nendros Exel Xenon: He's tall, and lean, with noticeable muscles. He has golden eyes, and his teeth are pointed like a sharks. Bright red scales line the side of his face, which makes him look like he's wearing some sort of mask. Dark horns jut out of his forehead. His hands have the same color scales on them, and his fingers are clawed. His hair, which looks like it's on fire, goes down to his knees. He's wearing the same outfit Beast wears at the start of the film. The only difference is the silver cross - inset with red gems - dangling around his neck.

Aska: Basically looks like Cogsworth, with a noticeably younger and higher-pitched voice.

Azerena Glendos: She's wearing the same exact outfit Gaston wears at the start of the film. Other notable features are her silver eyes, and black hair, which currently is thrown back in a ponytail like Gaston's was. She's definitely on the short side. The only difference is the silver cross dangling around her neck - it looks like it once had gems in the same array as Nen's necklace, but the gems have either been lost or taken out.

Janos Everheart: He's wearing the same exact outfit Belle's father wore, and his long black hair is thrown into the same messy ponytail Belle's father had in the movie. Other notable features about him are his black eyes, black lips, pale skin, and how tall and lean he is.

When he opened his eyes, he found himself staring up at the ceiling of an unfamiliar library. Everything about it seemed wrong - the smooth floor instead of a carpet, the arrangement of the shelves, the tables and the lack of his beloved fire and armchair. He scrambled to his feet and scanned the room for some explanation of what had happened to him, but nothing jumped out at him.

"Hello?" he hesitantly called out. "Is anyone here?"

He was answered by silence.

He was used to silence, back in the Castle of Blood. It was a large building with only three occupants, and sound didn't travel easily through its halls. But this silence was different. It felt suffocating and eerie when he took the situation into account; a shiver ran up his spine at the thought that naturally followed that realization.

...What if this place was haunted?

As if trying to confirm his suspicions, the door to the library started to creak open.

He froze and slowly turned to look at it.

He couldn't see what was opening the door at first - it was only when he looked down that he discovered who was trying to enter. Or, rather, what was trying to enter. Nen didn't know how, but there was a clock with a face and arms wiggling through the small crack.

It finally popped through, the door slamming behind it.

Now the fear registered - he let out a scream and chucked the nearest book he could grab at it. The clock got knocked off of its feet, tumbling backwards as the book rendered it immobile. But then he heard what sounded suspiciously like the beginnings of crying, which was impossible for clocks - and probably possessed ones, too - to do.

He gathered the little bit of courage he could find and hesitantly approached the clock. Crouching down beside it, he carefully lifted the book up. The clock was shaking as he went to grab onto it, recoiling from his touch when he attempted to pick if up off of the ground.

"Pl-Please don't hurt me," a desperate voice begged - a familiar, desperate voice. Nen's eyes widened, and he promptly hugged the trembling clock close to his chest.

"Aska, it's okay," he whispered. He didn't get why Aska was a clock, and why Aska wouldn't recognize him, but he had to focus on calming his best friend down. "It's me. Nen. I'm not going to hurt you - I just didn't know it was you when I threw that book."

Aska sniffled. "You-You look so big," he replied, his voice trembling. "You're like a g-giant. But-But it's just because I'm tiny, right? N-Not be-because you're a giant?"

That explained the confusion, then.

He nodded. "I'm not a giant," he confirmed. "Do you know why you're a clock?"

Aska shook his head. "N-No," he whispered back. "I-I just woke up like this. And I'm sc-scared, Nen. I don't...I don't know where we are!"

Nen held him a little tighter. "We'll just have to figure that out together, then," he said with a smile, "and maybe find Az while we're at it." He turned Aska around so he could see what was in front of them, and headed out the door with his best friend safely held in his arms.

xXx

When Az woke up, she was laying on the ground near a horse. Her clothing wasn't anything she had ever seen before, the landscape was unfamiliar, and she didn't recognize the town in the distance, but it was the horse that was her main concern. She glared at the beast as she got up to her feet. Horses and her had a strained relationship at best. She had used them for the sake of fast, unnoticeable travel, but she had no interest in keeping one as a pet.

And this horse seemed quite certain that it was hers from the way it kept putting its face in front of hers. She would push it away, but then it would invade her personal space again. She finally threw her hands up in defeat and stormed away from the horse - only for it to follow her as she started stomping towards the town.

xXx

When Janos came to, he was resting his head on a desk covered in metallic creations. He stared at them, then turned his attention to the rest of the bizarre room laid out before him. If he hadn’t just seen Zogin's workshop the other day, he might have assumed that he had been brought there. This room certainly looked - and smelled - similar.

He frowned.

He could hear a bustling town outside of the house. He didn't know where he was or how he had gotten there, but a look outside could be key to discovering what had happened.

He got to his feet, ignoring the unfamiliar clothing he was now wearing before heading towards the door.
mage

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:59 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Spoiler! :
Bleffles is a short college student in her early-to-mid twenties, with a long brown ponytail, brown eyes, freckles, and big round glasses. At the moment she is dressed like Le Fou.

Okay. So. One moment ago Bleffles was studying the catastrophic effect that genies had had on historical economies, and now she was in a pre-revolution provincial French village. But it was not just any pre-revolution provincial French village.
People and objects were cell shaded, but the cobblestones, houses, and the hills in the background were painted. She could guess what could be moved and what was affixed based upon that method of observation.

But most suspiciously of all, there was music on the air, playing a very familiar tune.

What was going on?

Maybe she could tell what she was meant to be doing here, based on her clothes?
She looked down, swished her coattails, and fluffed the oversized bow at her collar.
No luck there. She was just dressed like most of the villagers.

But then she saw him. Her. Someone up ahead, dressed like Gaston! She felt the strangest compulsion to follow them around, and cheer them on at whatever they might be doing.

Bleffles ran up to the stranger's horse, and tried to calm it down.

"Um...whoa? Whoaa. Calm down? Good horsie. Goood horsie."

She pet the horses' mane, and turned to Gaston.

"Em, hi? I'm Bleffles. Or Lefou. I think I'm your supporting comic relief?"

On cue, the horse snorted, and pushed Bleffles. She yelped, and slipped backward into a mud puddle.

Bleffles remained in the puddle, and folded her arms, unimpressed.

"That joke was telegraphed. It was telegraphed, at best." she said flatly.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:15 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Spoiler! :
Probably not much need for a description here but we have Aegeas(angry candle boi) and Kendrik (angry teapot boi).

"No," Aegeas said, looking at himself in the mirror. "No no no no no."

He moved his candleholder arms, watching as the flames on the wicks swayed and threatened to go out. A small part of him wondered what would happen if they did, but most of him was concerned with why he had woken up in a bedroom towards the top of what appeared to be a castle, why he was a candelabra, and how candelabras could have faces and arms. To say nothing of the teapot that was sleeping next to him.

Pressing the tips of his arms over what he was reasonably sure was his head, he paced in a circle, trying to remember last night. He swore he hadn't been smoking or drinking anything. He'd just gone to sleep, hadn't he? Derrick had paid a visit, they'd just finished talking, Aegeas had left him in the guest room. Derrick hadn't offered him anything; the man hated drugs.

A yawn broke through Aegeas's thoughts. The candelabra froze as the teapot slowly opened one eye, and then another, and took a long stare into the mirror over the desk.

"Ain't ever liked tea," the teapot said, face scrunching up.

Aegeas froze. "You?" he said, glaring at the teapot.

The teapot glared right back. "You."

"Did you do this?" Aegeas said.

"How?" Kendrik said, steam coming out of his spout. "What d'ya think I can do? Even Jaron couldn't pull somethin' like this off. How d'I know it ain't you that did it?"

"Well, I guess we're stuck here," Aegeas said, moving as far away from Kendrik as he could.

"I guess we are," Kendrik shot back.

They moved to opposite sides of the mirror, hiding and shooting glares at each other.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:11 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Cornyx:
With a chip. Also a face?

Viper:
Also with a face?

Kratzer:
Add in a face.

Cornyx Blackthorne, the King of Hell, Sovereign of the Shadow Realm, and overall one of the most powerful forces in both the worlds he'd walked, slowly opened his eyes and blinked away the morning haze. He stretched out in a feline manner and stretched his paws in front of him to sink them into the table like a waking cat.

It was that precise moment when he realized two truths that instantly got rid of any grogginess: the first was that, despite his stretching movement, he had neither paws, nor talons, nor even arms; the second was that he was sitting on a table.

He leaped to his feet and tripped over himself, hitting the table with a loud clink, sending a chip of black porcelain clattering to the edge of the table and falling onto the tile floor.

Where in the world had that come from?

He spun around to figure out what it was that he'd broken, and as he moved he caught a glimpse of himself in his periphery. He wasn't sure what he was seeing but it wasn't a suit or feathers, and this disturbed him greatly; it absolutely couldn't get any worse. He moved his head up to be able to look down at himself.

He was a teacup. On a long table, in a great hall, carpeted with gilded red rugs and ornate wooden furniture that resembled something familiar that he couldn't quite pin down.

By the Mistress of Shadow, what had he gotten into?

~**~

Engel hadn't gotten to bed the night before until nearly one in the morning. He'd procrastinated the grading he'd promised his students he'd do by Friday, and, as a result, sacrificed most of his sleep.

He blinked his eyes open to take in the wooden ceiling, yawning. It was honestly a miracle he'd awakened before his alarm. He wondered how much time he had before he had to go make sure the children were getting up and ready to go.

He rolled over to look at the alarm, and that was when he recognized that this wasn't where he was supposed to be. He let out a yelp of surprise and fell off the shelf he was on with a crash and an accidental flat as he squished onto the floor.

The sound he'd made was one he knew very, very well - but it wasn't supposed to be one people could make.

Before he had time to figure out what was going on a raucous screeching resounded through the closet from what appeared to be a violin - with a face? - hanging on the wall, its bow sliding across the strings to create the angry, high F#.

"Ach, vill you cut zat out?!" he snapped, cringing at the shrieking sound. The bow abruptly stopped.

"...Kratzer?" it asked, raising an eyebrow, its voice achingly familiar...

"Auryon?"

"What the hell are you doing here?!"

"I could ask ze same of you, mädel!" he protested. "Vho's ze viol-"

"Who do you think, Fox?" the instrument hissed.

"Ah. Apophis. Pleasure. How did ve get here?"

"Voke up," Auryon said, mimicking his accent. "Same as you, I bet. We can't be the only ones, though. Can you get that door open by any chance? We can just leave Apophis hanging here."
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:53 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Throwing in one more guy as a random villager! He's currently wearing clothes that one of the extras might have worn in the live action movie, and appears to be somewhere in his late teens. He has short, messy black hair and dark brown eyes.

If she hadn't been so focused on the strange singing going on through the town and getting away from her horse, she might have noticed the woman approaching before the introduction cut through the singing. She should have, at least - it was a reassurance that her instincts hadn't grown rusty from lack of use. There were only so many times when she needed to avoid being snuck up on, and those times rarely involved much work; Aska clattered, and Nen just had never been light on his feet.

Still, she was a decent human being. She pulled Bleffles/LeFou (names that sounded absolutely stupid) out of the mud, looking the woman over as the words finally registered.

"You're my what?" she repeated. She let out a groan, sent another glare in the horse's direction as it nudged her again, and turned her attention back to the singing. Her hand itched for one of her daggers. Frustratingly enough, she couldn't find any when she patted herself down. All she could find was a crossbow slung across her back, and a strange black device at her side. Neither one seemed useful. A crossbow was too bulky, and the device didn't even have a blade.

"They took my daggers," she said, her voice a low growl. She didn't know who "they" was, but all that mattered was that they had stolen her primary weapon. What good was an assassin without her blades? Better yet, what good was a protector without a means of protection, or the person they were meant to protect?

She turned back to Bleffles/LeFou.

"You said you were my support," Az said. She ignored the comment about the comedic relief - all that mattered was that this woman seemed to have a better idea of what was going than she did. "I need a pair of daggers. Can you get me them?"

Next part - she needed to find Nen. He had to be nearby. She was sure of it. Aska, too, but it certainly didn't make sense to take her without taking her boyfriend. "Also," she continued, removing the crossbow, studying it for a moment and then chucking into the nearest alleyway, "have you heard anything about a monster that acts like a man?"

It wasn't the most flattering description of her boyfriend, but she knew how people worked. If Bleffles/LeFou had heard of Nen, it would be as a monster - that was how, frustratingly enough, most people saw him these days.

xXx

There were voices coming from the nearby rooms, and the eerie sounds of instruments being played. Nen couldn't put his fingers on why the noises sounded so wrong, but it still sent shivers up his spine. His grip on Aska tightened, his best friend trembling even more in his arms as he cautiously approached the door.

He propped it open with his foot and peeked his head inside.

And was horrified to see that its only occupants were an accordion and a violin.

Aska and Nen came to the same conclusion at roughly the same time: the instruments had been the ones speaking. Aska slowly looked up at him, and he slowly looked down at Aska.

And then both let out terrified screams before Nen darted down the hallway, door slamming shut behind him. Nen finally stopped to throw open the door to another room, desperately hoping that it wouldn't be occupied by possessed instruments.

"They-They talked," Aska whispered, metal hands digging into Nen's arms. "They have to be p-possessed."

Nen gave a nod in agreement.

"Definitely possessed," he said. He took a deep breath and turned his attention to the rest of the room. It looked like there was a desk and a mirror, and he found exactly what he could need there: a light and a teapot. He had no idea where the cup was, but it had to be nearby. He let out a sigh of relief. Maybe a nice, warm cup of tea would make him feel less terrified!

He walked over to the table, Aska still in his arms, and grabbed onto the candelabra with a clawed, scaly hand. Shining some light in the darker parts of the room might help him find the teacup faster.

xXx

He wasn't sure what was more bizarre: waking up in the middle of Beauty and the Beast, or being noticed by the people there. He was dressed like one of the townspeople, and that in itself meant that he was little more than just a side character who barely took part in any conversations. But people were grabbing his arm, whispering things about a character meant to be fictional as the provincial town went about its daily routine.

He took a deep breath.

He needed to relish this opportunity, but he also needed to get to the bottom of it. This didn't feel like a dream; it was too realistic. He scanned the town square for someone - anyone - who would be able to help him. He caught a glimpse of a red coat and black hair. It looked like he had found Gaston, at least. But Gaston reminded him far too much of his classmates, and Belle - who had to be somewhere nearby - would remind him too much of her.

Beast was an option. Even if the man himself was far from friendly, his library would have information that might give him some idea of what was going on. But the castle had to be far away, and he wasn't even sure how he would get there in the first place.

Which left one person.

He slipped out of the crowd of people, wandering until he reached the edge of town. It was there that he found a building straight out of the remake Kevin had shown him - Belle's house. He opened the front gate, hurried through the garden and ran up the front steps. Just as he went to knock on the door, it swung open.

The man should have been Belle's father. Their outfits were identical, and the messy hair made sense. Even the pair of glasses perched on his nose were the ones her father had. But the man himself was completely different, and far younger.

"You're like me," he said, blinking.

The man stared at him.

"You're not from here, are you?" he asked. The man gave a hesitant nod. He wasn't sure if he was supposed to feel relieved that he wasn't alone, or worried that he had just lost a valuable well of information. "I'm not, either."

"Who are you?" the man asked. His voice was cold and regal - it made him wonder just what this man did for a living. His eyes were so dark, too, almost as if they were pitch black, and his lips were black despite looking like they had nothing on them...

"I'm Levi," he said.

"Janos Everheart," the man simply replied.

He raised an eyebrow. "Like the god with two faces?"

The man stared.

"Never mind," Levi said, dismissing his comment with a wave of his hand. "I think we somehow ended up in Beauty and the Beast as the characters. I'm just an extra, but I think you got Belle's father-"

"Is this 'Beauty and the Beast' a story?" Janos interrupted. Levi bristled with annoyance, but the irritation quickly faded when he realized Janos honestly didn't have a clue.

"It is," Levi confirmed. "A popular one, too. I'm surprised you haven't heard of it."

Janos twirled a loose strand of hair around his finger. "I am still learning about your customs," he responded.

Levi didn't know how to reply to that, so he wisely ignored it. He grabbed onto the man's hand - reveling at the feeling of warm skin underneath - and started to lead him away from the house.

"There should be a castle nearby," he said. "If I'm right, we need to sneak in, avoid the talking furniture and the monster, and find the library so we can raid the castle's book collection."

Janos stared at him with those unnerving black eyes, head tilted ever so slightly to the side as he continued to twirl a strand of silky hair around one finger. "You know the way?"

"I can figure it out," he replied.

"Then I suppose you can come," Janos said.

"Of course I would come," Levi answered, hurrying after Janos as the man wriggled out of his grasp and slipped out of the garden. "It was my idea, and you don't even know the way."

"You are a child, Levi," Janos coolly answered. "I abhor working with children - it is too dangerous for someone your age."

He bristled with annoyance. "I'm older than you think."

Janos raised an eyebrow. "The last person that said to me had barely started puberty," he simply answered. Levi opened his mouth to protest, but Janos seemed to have already switched gears. He had veered over towards the wagon waiting beside the house. Now he stood beside the horse, eyeing it warily. The horse gave a nervous neigh as it stared at him, quickly trying to pull away when he went to grab it.

Janos turned back to him. "Can you ride?"

"I took lessons when I was younger," Levi said, uncertain. Younger being more than a decade ago - he had been eleven at the time of his last lesson, and he wasn't sure how much he could trust muscle memory. But the horse was having little to do with Janos, so it looked like he would have to brave the difficulties if he didn't want to walk.

Janos nodded. "Then I will ride in the wagon, and you can bring us to this castle."

Levi gave the man one last look before doing as requested, awkwardly getting onto the horse and leading it out of the town once Janos was seated inside of the wagon.

This was definitely one of the weirdest things that had ever happened to him, that was for sure.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:41 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"VAIT!" Kratzer yelled as the draconian-being threw open the door, screamed, and then disappeared back out, sighing as much as an accordion could. "Great. Absolutely perfect. Elvire is going to kill me."

"I get dibs on that," Auryon answered, tossing herself off the wall and landing on the floor. "I think I can fit under the door. Maybe I can go talk screaming man into coming back."

His gaze wandered nervously towards the mahogany violin on the wall. "You vant..."

"Oh, I live with her for goodness' sakes, you can survive ten minutes," she answered unsympathetically as she shoved her way underneath the threshold and started her way down the hall.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:04 am
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Spoiler! :
Leo right now: Image
...no other descriptions needed.

When Leo opened his eyes, a fancy, ornate bedroom came into view. It took a few long moments of spluttering for him to fully comprehend that he wasn't still dreaming, but he was still at a loss as to why he had ended up here.

He took a step toward the door, and promptly realized that something was terribly off. He was so heavy. Why was he heavy?

Thankfully for him, there was a full-length mirror across the room. He moved toward it, alarmed at the loud clunking noises that seemed to be resulting from him.

He finally reached the mirror, and gazed at his reflection. Only- he wasn't there. The only thing the mirror was reflecting was the rest of the room and an ornate wardrobe he hadn't noticed before sitting in front of it.

He tried as hard as he could to lift his hands to his face, looking down as he did so. The doors of the wardrobe flew open comically fast, and a spill of bright fabrics came shooting out.

Looking at himself again in the mirror, he now realized that he was the wardrobe.

Before he could contemplate this further, a loud shriek sounded in his ears, and he discovered that that was his, too.
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:24 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Bleffles saluted. "Understood, Gaston, ma'am!"

In about five minutes, she returned carrying a belt with two hunting knives on it, and a very old fashioned gun slung over her shoulder.

She handed over the belt, and presented the musket with particular reverence.

"Turns out you own a musket! Nice one. I dunno how to use it though, so em, ya gonna have to work that one out.

'Aight, I heard aboutcha man-Beast, he's up in that castle yonder." She inclined her head in its direction. "The one up on the horizon. I know it looks painted, but it's def there.

Gah, I shoulda grabbed some warm cloaks for the snowy mountains...You're the village's best hunter, you've got furs for daaays."

"Eh." Bleffles shrugged. "It's not time to go there just yet.
You've got a Belle to propose to."

Then she pointed finger guns, punctuating them with a wink and a laidback congratulatory 'aaay.'

"She'll be wandering around in a blue dress somewhere. Can't miss her, she's apparently the only one in town who wears blue."
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:43 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Aegeas was a little less than happy about being picked up by some scaly creature that had barged into the room. That Kendrik was snickering at him from behind the mirror didn't help.

The candlebra swung his arms, trying to get the flames to burn the black and red scales of the draconic man's hand (between those horns, that size, and that general color pattern, Aegeas figured he was dealing with a dragon). "What's the big idea?" Aegeas shouted, glaring up at the stranger holding him.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:30 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Spoiler! :
James is a dude of average height with reddish brown hair! For the sake of the fairytale, it's long and pulled back with a blue bow! He's dressed like Belle from the classic Disney version.

James didn't know if he could call what he did waking up. One moment, he was resting against a tree, and the next, he was sitting by a stone spring of water - some kind of man-made creation that sprayed water into a pool below. That, and he was in the middle of a bustling town. Many of the occupants were singing, and he could feel the gazes of everyone around him on him in a manner that made the hairs on the back of his neck raise.

But the most disturbing change of all was his outfit.

The satchel on his hip was normal, if foreign, and not actually his, but what on Jord's green earth was he wearing?

He stood up sharply, looking at the blue dress that flowed down from his hips. He wore a white apron around his waist and a loose white blouse beneath the dress. He reached up to his head and could feel his hair tied up behind his head with a ribbon. One brush on his cheek told him he was clean-shaven. His fingers arched in tense claws of anger and frustration.

Was this Magic's doing? Was this Kartiel? What kind of bizarre situation had he woken up in this time? Why in Svida's name was he wearing a dress! How was he supposed to run? Or fight? A skirt that long would only catch on something, and there weren't even pockets of use. That, and he was admittedly miffed that he'd evidently been cast as a character that was probably supposed to be female. Because that was exactly what it felt like: like he'd woken up in someone else's story, in someone else's outfit - except for whatever reason, he still had his own body, and for that he couldn't complain.

He groaned as he turned around to the singing crowd. A small flock of sheep baa'd at him.

He couldn't be the only one thrown into this new world in new clothes, with no direction or explanation. He just had to find the other people... who clearly, weren't the singing people.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:41 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

She stared down at the hunting belt that had just been given to her, eying the assortment of weapons on it with confusion. There was a strange black device on it, much like the one she had found at her side. She put the belt around her waist and held the weapon - had Bleffles/LeFou called it a musket? - with an awkwardness that clearly showed she had never seen or held one before in her life.

She promptly discarded the musket and the smaller version of it in the same alleyway she had thrown the crossbow. Now she focused on the two knives. They were hunting knives and not daggers - the weight of them was off when she held one in each hand. But if this was the best she could get, she would just have to settle for being under armed.

This all happened in little more than a minute; she had always been good around weapons.

Now she focused on what had been said.

"Why would I need to propose to this 'Bell'?" Az asked. "And I've never once used the name Gaston, so why are you-"

She paused, catching a glimpse of blue near the fountain. She turned and saw a person who perfectly matched the description of "Bell", save for the fact that Bell was apparently a man and not a woman. Az paid that little mind. What mattered was that he looked just as confused as she felt, and that they were apparently connected in some way according to Bleffles/LeFou.

Az slipped her knives back into the hunting belt, pushing through the crowd until she reached the fountain. Once there, she came to a stop in front of the man. She frustratingly had to look up at him.

"She-" Here she pointed back at Bleffles/LeFou. "said I have to propose to you. I'm not going to, but do you have any idea why I would need to do that in the first place? And do you know anything about the monster in the castle?"
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:50 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James watched as the woman in red marched over to him, noticing how she seemed to be out of place and out of synch with the dancing, singing crowd. As she made her trek over, he actually started to listen to some of what the crowd was saying.

They were singing about a girl named Bell who was.. different from the rest of them. All the while they were sending glances his way. He shifted on his feet uncomfortably and was relieved to have a distraction to the weird song as the woman addressed him.

He blinked. His eyebrows raised, and he looked between the woman in red, to the freckled woman. He stifled a scoff.

"I just woke up here, like I assume you did. I know nothing of a monster or a castle, and I reject your proposal," he spoke plainly, eyes landing on the freckled woman who allegedly was behind said proposal. "Though I'd love to hear why she apparently 'had' to propose. Do you know what's going on?"
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

Poems were like people. Some people you got right off the bat. Some people you just don't get - and never would get.
— Benjamin Alire Saenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe