z

Young Writers Society

E.A.G.L.E.S.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:09 am
Griffinkeeper says...

"Santana, Holland, stay on the roof and provide cover," Kobi ordered.

"Clive, where are the hostiles?"

"I'm showing no heat sigs on the outside, what remains must be inside the main building."

"Any word on Banks?"

"Negative, he may still be inside," Clive said.

"Gracias Clive," Santana said.

The building was behind a gate which enclosed the perimeter for 100 meters.

"Holland, Kobi, I'm going to go grab my sniper rifle. I'm almost out of ammo for my rifle."

"Go ahead Santana, we'll need a minute to regroup."

Santana quickly decended the roof top. He moved quickly towards the crippled plane, it had received a fair amount of fire, but it still was intact.

Grif hopped in and grabbed the Sniper Rifle, before running back towards Holland's position.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:05 am
Ares says...

OOC: Whoa.

Brewer grunted as he threw Caldwell up onto his shoulder. Then he drew his sidearm with his free hand and sprinted to where the majority of the team had gathered. Laying the commander down by Frealand, Brewer holstered his sidearm and grabbed his rifle which had been hanging over his shoulder.

He was about to ask what'd happened to Hunter when someone started shooting from the main house. What looked and sounded like a fifty cal. was firing from a balcony. Brewer hit the floor as an array of bullets sprayed the room, sending little bits of stone flying everywhere.

Low crawling to the other end of the room(cus I'm figuring they're in a basic stone room type place) Brewer poked his head and rifle out of the doorway and began returning fire.

"Santana!? Holland!? You guys seeing this?!"

Someone shouted but Brewer couldn't distinguish any words. Coming up into a crouch, Brewer kept shooting at the balcony, occasionally diving back into the room. Kobi was shooting at them from a hole in the wall and Frealand was tending to Caldwell and Hunter, who was bleeding badly.

Brewer reloaded and looked out the doorway again. A dozen men were running down from the house toward them and two more were firing from windows.

"Damnit! Kobi, I'm gunna run out and left, maybe we can get more than one angle on these guys! Santana, you hear that!? I'm heading your way, toward the hangar.'

"Roger. I'm pinned down over here, I'll try to lay down a cover fire though."

Kobi nodded and switched Brewer positions as he ran out the back door.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:36 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Santana quickly sighted in the rifle. At this range he could hit darn near anything. No wind, that was good. The .50 cal opened up from inside, spraying bullets everywhere.

It was panic fire though, at that range he'd be lucky to hit anything.

Grif aimed towards the firing, but all he saw was the barrel of the gun firing. He aimed for the barrel, and fired.

The Barret fired, sending a bullet towards the gun well over the speed of sound. The round passed through the barrel, before hitting the wall behind it. At that point, the HE tip exploded, sending shrapnel flying around. The .50 cal machine gun stopped, but was it because the gun was done for, or was it because the target got killed?

The answer came in the form of heavy suppresive fire.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:45 am
Ego says...

"Get off, Frealand." Hunter shrugged Frealand's hand away and looked back over the window sill he'd taken to as his outpost. From where he was, he could see the balcony the machine gun was placed at, as well as the operator, who was clutching at the side of his head, where what looked like a piece of shrapnel stuck fro his flesh.

He bent down and picked up his secondary weapon, a russian made RPK, and lowered the bipod on it. He dropped into a prone position and opened fire on the clustered EAGLES.

Hunter brought his rifle to bear, being forced to use his offhand to maeuver it because of his injury.

He sighted down the scope mounted on the picatanny rail on his SCAR and brought the crosshair as close as he could to the machine gunner.

"Covering fire!" He shouted as loud as he could manage, hoping one of the others that had a better position could hear him.

He squeezed the trigger and held tight at the SCAR went into full autofire, tearing into the plaster walls of the balcony and sending bits of debris flying through the air.

Hope these guys know the routine, he thought to himself, knowing full well that Santana was the designated sniper for the mission.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:56 am
Firestarter says...

Holland watched as Brewer darted out from his position. Santana was busying himself with the machine-gun, aiming his Barret toward it. He heard someone shout "Covering fire!" from below, but his glance was fixed on the running form of Brewer. He turned to his right and saw a few hostiles, unnoticed by anyone else, pull up their rifles ...

Holland sprayed them with automatic fire. The men ran behind cover, and fired back, Holland ducking as he heard the impact on the low wall, little bits of debris flying everywhere. His hand was bleeding, and the pain made it hard for him to lift his gun again, but he grunted and brought it back up.

Brewer was almost at the hangar, but he had been forced behind the ruins of a destroyed truck. He was pinned down. Holland knew he had a grenade launcher stuck onto his H&K for a reason. The weapon was outdated and out of production, but Holland favoured it.

He aimed up the underbarrelled launcher, set his sights on the crates that protected the three men, and pulled the trigger.

There was a low whistle and then an explosion, tearing apart the wooden crates into deadly shrapnel. He swa three bodies collapsed around, unmoving.

Brewer, free to move, ran from his cover to take up his new attack position.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

164 Reviews

Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:52 pm
Ares says...

Brewer slid into the hangar and patted his comrade on the shoulder."I'm gunna go farther left and try to get another angle on those window shooters. Stay here."

With that, he started running again, this time to the other side of the hangar where there was an opened door leading to the outside. Taking up position at the door, Brewer aimed for another hostile trying to take up the 50 cal. on the balcony. He shot three times and forced him back, then he moved on to an occupied window. Shooting again, Brewer dropped a colombian and then yelled back to Santana, "Let's move for the house!"

A few runners sprinted toward the hangar, shooting wildly. Two were taken out from somebody up high and Brewer and Santana both shot one themselves.

"Ok, let's go." Santana said.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:23 pm
Firestarter says...

OOC: I think it was previously mentioned that all of the Columbians were in the main building now.

Holland grabbed Santana's shoulder. "Sergeant Kobi ordered us to stay here and provide cover. Don't go rushing anywhere yet. We need to co-ordinate the attack, we don't need any more hits."

Brewer shrugged and settled down, taking a position by a window and aiming his rifle. Nothing was moving. The Columbians had all retreated into the main building. It would be a tough firefight and Holland didn't need any more gung-ho Americans throwing themselves forward like Rambo.

"Let's just wait around before we go getting ourselves killed," Holland added, seeing Santana stare at him.

The complex had gone quiet. There were no more shots, or explosions. It was an eery silence and none of the men looked comfortable.

"Kobi, come in," Holland spoke through the comm, hoping to get an answer.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:15 pm
sabradan says...

(OOC: Sergeant Kobi. heh. fyi Kobi is a first name)
"Kobi here. Go ahead Holland"
"Whats you're status?" Holland said, slightly irritably.
"We just entered the central command center in the complex. Four bandits down. All teammembers squared away and heavy one prisoner."
The Colombian started to struggle and draw a concealed pistol out of his sleeve. It was small enough to be able to use even with his hands bound. Kobi shot him, point blank.
"Scratch that prisoner"
"Roger that"
Kobi turned to his team members, and said "Fuck! Who the hell searched him? Oh well, who the fuck cares? It doesn't matter. Let's just make sure there's no more suprises, kay?"
The fellow team members nodded. The team advanced to the "centrifuge" of the complex. The command HQ, where everything was controlled from. They lined up on the outside of the double-sealed steel reinforced door sealing it from the outside, 2 on each side. They all looked each other in the eyes, and smiled knowingly.
"Into the belly of the beast, eh?" Hunter said, jokingly.
"I guess so. Lets hope this one doesn't have any...surprises" Kobi replied jocundly. Kobi spoke quickly into the Madonna.
"Holland, Brewer, this is Kobi. We are about to breach Alpha. I want you to advance to the inner courtyard, and one of you will stay there to cover our retreat, the other I want to rendezvous with us at Alpha, ready to lay down some heavy suppressive fire. Do you copy?"
"10-4 Kobi" Holland said clearly.
At that, Kobi nodded, placed the C4 detonation charge on the door, and all four men took cover slightly away from the door as the charge was detonated, blasting the door inwards on itself, throwing shrapnel and fire into the "belly of the beast" where, hopefully, if they were lucky, it'd hit the targets inside.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:30 pm
Firestarter says...

OOC: haha, sorry. Couldn't remembver your character's second name. Just looked it up. Sergeant Shimoni!

Holland didn't look at either Brewer or Santana, who were fuming, given that they were advancing toward the courtyard in the first place.

"I'll cover their retreat in the courtyard. One of you better come with me, given what has confronted us already," Holland said, still not looking at them. He reloaded his main rifle and the underbelly grenade launcher.

He glanced round and saw Santana shrug. Brewer stepped forward. "I'll cover them at Alpha," Brewer said, clutching his gun fiercely.

Santana nodded at Holland and all three of them darted out of the building, running forward to take up their positions, ready to soak up any more hostiles with supressive fire.

Holland advanced warily into the courtyard, his H&K pointing at everything, from the stone walls to the torn-apart doorway. He lay down behind a pile of rubble from the destroyed part of the wall and trained his sight on the doorway from which he knew the rest of EAGLES would come charging out of, with a prisoner in two as well, if all went to plan. He saw Santana take position further back.

164 Reviews

Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:54 am
Ares says...

Brewer checked his clip and settled into his position, scanning for any hostiles. "Look out, I've got movement, no available shots though."

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:16 am
Ego says...

Still muttering under his breath about the unacceptable lack of preparation for the mission, Hunter brought up the rear of the entry force.

"This is a bad idea, Kobi...we need more than us three to storm this place," Hunter warned.

"Quit yer bitchin and let's do this. I thought you jarheads were supposed to be touch as nails?"

"Fine. Let's do this."

"Now you're talking. Frealand, Hunter, covering fire. I'm goin' in; on my mark."

Hunter and Frealand checked their weapons, then nodded. Both took up positions on either side of the shattered double doors.

"Mark."

Despite his injury, Hunter swung around the corner of the doorway, bringing his rifle to his houlder as he swung left and then right, looking for targets. He heard voices, but they sounded muffled and originated above them. Through the smoke and debris, he could see a number of corpses on the ground, torn and bloody form the mass of C4 Kobi had set off.

"Clear!" Hunter said. Other than the bodies, the room was empty.

"Clear!" Frealand said a split second later. Kobi sprinted past them, into the room, and took up defensive position behind a large pillar that supported the balcony above them.

Kobi scanned the room, then said "Clear!"

Hunter scrambled into the room, followed by Frealand. They both took up positions so they could see the second floor of the building they had entered. Apparently, the room they'd rushed into was a hall of sorts, and the second floor could be seen above them.

"Clear. Moving to those stairs," Kobi said, pointing to a set of stairs leading to the second floor.

Kobi rushed ahead and up the stairs, coming to a stop behind a steel railing.

Rather than use his comm, he signed to the others, first pointing two fingers to his eyes, then holding up four fingers to them.

I see four tangos.

Then he pointed West, to a part of the second floor the others couldn't see.

Four tangos over there. Come to my position.

Hunter nodded and looked to Frealand, who nodded in turn. Looking back to Kobi, Hunter jabbed his thumb at his chest, then pointed to the other staircase leading to the second floor.

I go that way.

Kobi nodded, and Hunter and Frealand went their separate ways.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:23 am
Firestarter says...

Holland kept his rifle aimed at the open door, his hands barely trembling. He had heard no gun fire, and the three men had been gone for a long time. The radio had been silent.

There was no sight or sound of them at all.

What the bloody hell is going on?

He shrugged and looked over at Santana, who was also poised to shoot.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:03 am
Griffinkeeper says...

How should I know? Santana shrugged back.

There was some gunfire.
Last edited by Griffinkeeper on Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

164 Reviews

Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:11 am
Ares says...

Brewer heard the shots from his position near the road. He started scanning the walls and windows for movement.

Something moved slowly past the second story windows. He couldn't tell who or what it was.

"Kobi. Hunter. Any of our guys on the second story yet?"

"Negative."

Santana, Holland, and Brewer started shooting.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:34 am
sabradan says...

Anyone interested in starting this up again, or a similar one?
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

Attention is the beginning of devotion.
— Mary Oliver, Upstream