Young Writers Society

E.A.G.L.E.S.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:19 pm
Ego says...

"The Marines are always ready," Phoenix said with a grin. "Sir."

He looked from Kobi to Holland, suddenly realizing that he looked very unprofessional in his street clothes gone combat attire.

"We'd better get going. If you haven't grabbed a headset, I suggest you do so quickly, because I haven't been getting an answer since I turned mine on," Phoenix said, covering his discomfort. He tapped the small mic in his ear to emphasize his point.

Kobi held up his helmet, which dangled from his right hand, revealing the small, built in headset attached to it. "What frequency are we using?" he asked, flipping it up into his waiting hand to adjust.

"I'm on standard US Militay frequency--I'm sure we'll change it once we get airborne," Phoenix said with a shrug. He jerked his head toward the door at the end of the hallway, then said, "I'll meet you two out there. Great to meet you, Lieutenant."

With that, he took a step forward and began his confident stride to the helipad, without stopping to hear any response from his new team mates.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:46 pm
Ares says...

Brewer passed Holland and Kobi and climbed into the chopper with Grif and Phoenix, wondering where Frealand was. Looking around, Brewer laughed at Phoenix's uniform because it was so unprofessional and similiar to his own. Making sure all of his armor was secure, he loaded his weapons and squared away all his equipment. Then he peaked inside his bag of demo and double checked all of it.

Sighing, he turned to Santana and tried to get to know him since they'd be working together.

"You ready?" Brewer asked. Santana shrugged, "We need more intel, we're going in without planning."

"It'll be easy. Colombian Druglords are no sweat man, not when you're used to highly trained and funded terrorists. Yeah," Brewer started nodding, "This won't be that hard. That Caldwell guy wouldn't have sprung something like this on us if it was hard."

Frealand climbed into the chopper along with Kobi an Holland. Then, to a few of the operative's surprise, so did Caldwell. Their CO looked out of place in his civilian clothing. The chopper took off.
Last edited by Ares on Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

164 Reviews

Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:33 am
Ares says...

I've sped up the story and edited my post. Tell me if that's a problem.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:51 pm
Ego says...

Phoenix glanced around the chopper. He was more than a couple SCAR systems, and immediately knew he'd made the right choice in bringing it along, rather than going with the new Barret Assault Rifle. Oddly, the chopper was silent except for the occasional sound of metal on metal as weapons were checked and switches were flipped in the cockpit.

With a final flick of a switch, the rotors on the chopper started to spin. As they began to pick up speed, however, the comm finally crackled to life and Commander Caldwell's voice came over the line.

"Hold the boat! Y'all have one more passenger goin' ashore!" he said, coming in clearly despite the roaring helicopter. Phoenix looked at the others in the chopper.

"Expecting someone else?" he asked, using the comm so he could speak normally, rather than trying to yell over the chopper blades. They all shrugged and shook their heads. Phoenix glanced out the door in time to see Caldwell walking toward them, wearing civilian clothes and a sidearm strapped to his hip. A Yankees hat sat perched on his head, and chrome aviators over his eyes. A wide grin stretched across his face as he walked toward the copter. He reached up and fiddled with a tiny headset in his ear, then stepped up and took a seat next to the pilot.

"Howdy! I'll be your evaluator today, as well as your CO for the mission!" He said as he gave the thumb's up to their pilot, who promptly pulled the copter into the air.

After a moment in the air, Kobi leaned forward and said to Caldwell: "Commander! I thought I was commanding this mission?"

Caldwell grinned again, and said: "You are! I'm just here for command support! Last time I checked none of you are qualified to command an international anti-terrorist squad!"

Kobi's face fell slightly, and opened his mouth to retort. Caldwell's ever present smile, however, disarmed his fears. "Don't worry! You'll still have full control of the squad! I'm just hear to offer you support if you need it. Consider me a safety net, rather than your Command Officer!"

Kobi smiled at that, then leaned back and closed his eyes.

Phoenix smiled at Caldwell's calm and casual behavior, and was glad to see him wearing civilian clothes like the rest of the Americans in the group. IT made him feel more in place, knowing that the Commander was so casual about everything.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:20 pm
Prosithion says...

Frealand sat at one corner of the chopper, looking out over the landscape. He was usually quiet arround new people, and all of these soldiers seemed to know each other, so Frealand kept to himself.
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:30 am
Griffinkeeper says...

The chopper blades drowned out most of the conversation. Santana was thinking about the mission. The Cartel was rich, rich enough to hire mercenaries.

Mercenaries themselves weren't especially well trained. Most were disgraced soldiers, the rejects. Still, they had lots of money, which made them able to afford equipment.

He had brought the M107 and the XM-8. If they were going to hot drop onto their target, the Barret wouldn't be much use. If they hiked in on their objective though, the Sniper Rifle would be more useful.

It just depended on how much in a hurry they were.

He considered pulling out the weapon, but it didn't make sense. Until they got to Colombia, there was no sense in arming up.

The airport was off in the distance, but the Helicopter moved away from it.

"Commander, the airport-"

"Who ever said anything about an airport?" Commander Caldwell said. He then pulled out a touch screen. He activated it and brought up a screen.

"The cartel uses Cessna's to deliver drugs. The DEA is staging a raid on a Cartel big shot here, we're coming in to steal his ride. We'll land right on top of them."

Twenty minutes later, the helo was flying over some mountains. Then, down in a canyon, a flight strip was visible.

"That's our objective."

"Commander, the DEA is reporting all clear," the pilot said.

"Thank you Captain," Commander Caldwell said.

"Jesus, Commander, look at that ride!"

It was a corporate jet, with twin engines on the tail. The chopper landed. DEA guys approached the chopper.

"It's all your's Mr. Caldwell."

"Thank you Mr. Smith."

The troops grabbed their gear and transferred over to the plane. Commander Caldwell went to the cockpit and started the engines.

"Is there anything he can't do?" Frealand asked.

"Guess not," Kobi responded. Santana smiled and began to assemble the XM-8. He decided on a standard rifle configuration. He then added on the XM320 Grenade Launcher.

He listened to the others as he began loading the magazines he had with him.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

863 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:33 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Hopefully this isn't going too fast...

164 Reviews

Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:16 pm
Ares says...

OOC: I don't think so. And whoa dang! We have a jet!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:11 pm
ledrokker11 says...

Name: Leon Foxx

Background:
He wasn't always the smart one, and shrugged off some of his classes. He was always the smart-ass, and got himself into trouble to many times. When he finally graduated(by a sliver), he decided it was time to pay his country back. When he got into boot camp, it straightened him out pretty well. He then went into the snipers core after expressing his skills, and got first in his class. He then was tranfered to R.A.I.D, and was apart of some very succesful retrievels of both hostages, and terrorists.

Specialties:

Marksman Ship
Hand to hand combat
Ground Transportation

Hieght: 6"0
Wieght: 176

Other:
Loves to joke around even in the field, and hates it when people mess around with his intelligence.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:50 pm
ledrokker11 says...

A man stepped out from behind another compartment from within, and smirked as he saw who all was contained in this little swaray.

He then stood up straight, and with a hard to hide smile, he proudly replied, " Private, First Class, Foxx, sent here to provide F.A.C to the team of E.A.G.L.E.S...sir!"

He was clad in a standardize snipers outfit, Calvary vest under a dark form of camo. Then came the marksman vest, outfitted with carbine cartidges, a silencer, and a large combat knife that gleamed in the sun pouring from the window. Strapped around his back was (an obviously well taken care of) M82A1 sniper rifle.

He then looked around, then asked in a low tone, " So, this guy we're after, is he really all what everyone says he is, or is he just another wannabe?"

Then, as he either got no reply, or just a smug look, he sat down with a shrug, and started to pull out his rifle and admire it.

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:58 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

"Hey Nate, who is this guy?" clive asked through the headphones he was wearing.
"What? didn't you get the memo?"
"Obviously not"
"Anything new you have for us on the operation?"
"No sir, nothing yet."
"Don't forget to inform us of anything new happening"
"I won't, any new suprises you have for me?"
"I left the entrance codes to MI6 and MI5 on your desk, that is if you want them. Just thought you might get bored. Don't screw anything up though."
"Fun" clive said chuckling.

"Clive has informed me of the full situation here, or at least as much known at the moment" said Kobi. "their camera's and infared trip beams will be offline or on loop feed. There is constant patrol with each pair of gaurds only a few minutes behind the other, so it is swarming with them. Yet there has been a recent change of power our main target has been disposed by his Business partner and our new objective is to take Phillip Banks. Expect a lot of chaos to be going on so their actions will be sporadic and unexpected." Kobi said finishing his speech as the jet took off.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

164 Reviews

Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:26 pm
Ares says...

Brewer nodded in the direction of the new guy and then sat down as the jet's engines fired up and the aircraft took off.

OOC: Sorry I've been gone guys.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:32 am
sabradan says...

(somebody can godmode me for now. I don't really have much time to RP because finals are coming up and I'm on speech team. I'll try and think of something in the meantime.)
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

164 Reviews

Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:43 pm
Ares says...

OOC: Dan>> Okay. I was busy for awhile, sorry guys. Uhm, here's a nice big post to speed things up though.

Brewer took in Kobi's speach. "Are Santana and me still blowin' stuff up or is everyone going in for retrieval now?"

"I'm splitting you and Santana up, the new guy(Foxx), you, Hunter, and Frealand are going in the back." He said, tracing routes with his finger on aerial photographs that Caldwell had delivered. "Santana, I, and Holland are going in the front. Santana and you will both carry demo and you'll plant it on any operating vehicles you come across, but only if we have time. We'll go in stealthily and plant the demo, if they detect us, forget the vehicles and clear the house. Basically, our objective is to get Phillip Banks. We don't want him to get away, we are using lethal force. He needs to stay alive though. Capishe?"

OOC: Does that work with everyone, not too confusing is it?

863 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:02 am
Griffinkeeper says...

The plane flew low in.

"Looks like they bribed the right officials. No hails from the Colombians," Nate said to himself quietly.

"Gentleman, we'll be landing in twenty minutes."

"Roger." Kobi said in his ear piece.

Nate nosed in for the final approach. Suddenly, a fireball erupted on the horizon.

"What the-" Nate said. No time for questions. He hit the "buckle your seatbelts" button and made a turn over the base. A fire fight was going on down there.

Nate turned the plane around and prepared to land.

"Eagles, the LZ is hot. Terminate all hostiles and capture Banks. Caldwell out."

The plane came into land.

"Brace for impact!" The call came. The plane slammed into a wall, smashing the nose. Nate appeared with a weapon.

"GO GO GO!"

The door came open and the Eagles jumped into the middle of a firefight.
Last edited by Griffinkeeper on Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.
— Robert Brault