Young Writers Society

Night At The Carnival

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:36 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Her gaze darted to the serpent and she cocked her head. That was a very, very strange snake - not a normal one. Not one she sensed like the rest.

"Quite the...pet you have," she commented.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:38 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The frustrated look quickly turned to a glare because Nice job, Thor. Now the not so nice lady is asking about you, and how the heck am I supposed to tell her that you're a magical snake I stole from a witch's place when I was sent to kill her? Thor had the decency to look at least a little guilty in response, but a sorry snake didn't help with explaining things.

He stopped glaring at Thor and looked up at her instead. "I have always thought that he's a special snake," Loki finally decided, trying to push Thor back down into his pocket with his finger. Thor only partially returned to it, still watching the woman by peeking over the very edge of the pocket's rim.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:18 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Special indeed," she murmured, studying the serpent.

he/him/his

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:20 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

((Been busy, sorry))

Ravelen backed away a little. Her hair fell away from her pointed ears as she moved her head.
"I assume it has a name?"
"Those moments when your in so deep, it feels easier to just swim down"

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:10 am
View Likes
ellasnotebook says...

Spoiler! :
Is this still open? Just wanna check lol

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:44 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Sure is! Welcome aboard!

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:06 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"He does," Loki said, bristling with a bit of annoyance at his friend being referred to as an it. He knew that it was common etiquette with animals, but Thor wasn't a normal animal. He never had been. "His name is Thor-"

He stopped and stared at her ears. They were pointed. How many races had pointed ears, and still maintained seemingly human appearances? Was she was one of the Fae - one of the people he had spent so long hunting?
mage

queer and here.

51 Reviews

Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:51 pm
View Likes
ellasnotebook says...

Millie had been curled up against one of the funhouse mirrors when she heard the voices. She stared at her teary reflection across the room and wiped her eyes on her sleeve. For the past couple of minutes she had been a whirlwind of fear, and in the end had decided (as usual) to hyperventilate on the floor. But now, there were voices. This complicated things. Before her brain could even begin to weigh the pros and cons of other possible human life (murderers? cultists?), she was up like a light and running for what seemed to be the exit. She tore through the fun house, skidding through the halls like a frightened horse.

"Hey!" she yelled, "Heeeeeey!". Finally, she crashed through the entrance almost tripping in the process, and skidded to a halt. She looked up at the people whose voices she had heard and took a step back. Yeah, she thought, definitely cultists.

162 Reviews

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:24 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Ravelen noticed Loki staring and turned red. "That's a nice name." She said, waiting for him to say something.

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:48 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Viper turned to face her. "Oh, goodie, more company!" she said with a smile hidden by her mask. There was a dangerous hint to her voice despite the joyful tenor of the words.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:38 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Loki took an instinctive step or two towards the newcomer. In retrospect, this could come off as threatening, but his intention had been to present himself as possibly the only normal, friendly one of the group - despite how profusely he was sweating on a night that wasn't all that warm, and despite the snake peeking out of his pocket.

"Hello," he said, giving her a warm smile and a slightly smaller theatrical bow than before. "Loki A. Lias, at your service-"

There was a sound from nearby.

Loki immediately straightened and turned his attention to the new noise. Someone - or something, as it was hard to tell in the darkness of the abandoned carnival - was making their way towards the group. He narrowed his eyes and peered into the darkness, Thor popping out even more than before to get a good look at whatever was approaching.

And then all worry immediately left him as it revealed to be his partner.

Who, bizarrely enough, was holding a thing of cotton candy in their hand. It was a big one, too - he couldn't make out their face, and had only been able to recognize them because they were wearing the same outfit they had been wearing the last time the two had talked.

They came to a sudden stop and moved the cotton candy to the side.

"Loki?" they said. "You're here, too-Oh, hey, Thor."

Thor's tail popped out of Loki's pocket and gave them a wave, much to Loki's growing frustration. It was one thing to say that Thor was a special snake; it was another for him to interact with other people like a person.

"Sam," Loki said, trying for once to stay on topic. He normally was fine with goofing around with his partner, but this wasn't a normal situation. Viper honestly felt dangerous, he didn't know what he thought about Ravelen, and he didn't want to scare the newcomer. "Do you know how you got here-"

He felt silent when he saw Sam take a giant bite of the cotton candy.

Loki sighed. Who was he kidding? He couldn't take this seriously even if he was supposed to! "Why are you holding a giant thing of cotton candy?"

"I woke up near a cotton candy booth," they said, taking another large bite. Their lips and tongue were already blue from eating too much of it. "I thought it'd be a shame for this to go to waste, right? This place couldn't have been used for ages. So I started up the cotton candy machine, poured this stuff in, and made myself a batch of cotton candy."

Thor's tail nervously went back and forth, and he stuck his tongue out as Sam finished speaking.

They dismissed his concern with a wave of their hand. "I'm definitely getting a stomachache later from eating expired cotton candy, but it's so worth it."

Spoiler! :
This is Sam Turner. Some of you already know them, but I'll give a description for those who don't. Sam is about average height - so shorter than Loki - and has long black hair thrown into a low ponytail. One eye is covered by their bangs, but the one that isn't is a nice shade of blue. They have three moles underneath that eye. They're currently wearing a dark hoodie, t-shirt, jeans and sneakers, as well as a flamel symbol necklace. And, as Loki has noticed, they're in the middle of devouring blue cotton candy.
mage

queer and here.

162 Reviews

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:29 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Ravelen rolled her eyes. This was so weird!

51 Reviews

Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:49 pm
View Likes
ellasnotebook says...

Millie stared in confusion at the conglomeration of wildly different people standing in front of her. Aside from herself, the rest of the group were a pretty odd looking bunch (she was pretty sure one had a snake? Not to mention the one wearing a mask.). The only other person that looked semi-normal was the pony-tailed newcomer who the person she was pretty sure had a snake had called Sam. He had appeared with cotton candy, and Millie's stomach began to growl.

"Hey, ah-where'd you get that again?" She wrung her hands together before she realized what she was doing. She shoved her hands firmly in her pockets.

162 Reviews

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:00 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Ravelen backed away from the group a little, blending into the shadows. To many people!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:24 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sam gestured over their shoulder in the direction that they had come from. "I got it back there," they said. "It was in one of the stalls. But I really wouldn't want to eat it if I were you - I didn't even check the expiration date because I was scared of how expired it would be."

Loki hesitantly reached a hand out and pulled off a small piece of it. He let it melt in his mouth for a moment before his eyes lit up and he reached a hand to grab onto a second piece. Sam immediately tugged it away, but not before Thor had a chance to slither out of Loki's pocket, go across his arm and take one enormous bite out of the cotton candy.

Sam and Loki both stared down at the snake.

"Did he just...?" Sam questioned, hesitantly reaching a hand out to poke the giant mass of cotton candy that Thor was slowly trying to digest. Thor swatted their hand away with a flick of his tail, then slithered back into Loki's pocket with an almost content look on his face.

"I'd try to get him to spit it out," Loki said, "but something tells me he's going to be stubborn."

Thor nodded.
mage

queer and here.

In any free society, the conflict between social conformity and individual liberty is permanent, unresolvable, and necessary.
— Kathleen Norris