Young Writers Society

Creatures of Myth

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:12 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

~Creatures of Myth~

You open your eyes and find yourself in a forest. It's unlike anything you've ever seen, and it feels you're very, very far from home.

You don't see anything threatening, unless trees and rocks and earth are somehow threatening to you. The forest is dead silent except for the far off twittering of birds in the trees. You're completely alone as far as you can tell, but there is a still and silent presence that you can feel lingering in the air. Whether it is good or evil you cannot tell yet, but it is most certainly magic.

You wonder: are there other creatures in these woods? Or are you the only one, left to wander alone? To find out, you must start walking. Fate will determine who you will meet, and when.

-------

Rules:
Spoiler! :
1. Your character is a creature of mythology, but not anything as supernatural as a god. We're staying away from gods in this one, so just pick a creature. You don't have to, but it would help to cite which mythology the character is from.

2. Only mild swearing and gore. Violence is allowed though, but keep it PG13. Same with romance.

3. Third person perspective, please.

4. Let's only have 1 - 2 characters per player

5. Have fun!! There's not really a plot here. We'll just see what happens. also here's a link to a WFP that we can use to chat or whatever https://chierynn.writerfeedpad.com/44
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

75 Reviews

Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:32 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Spoiler! :
I will be using Frei for this RP.

Frei: A mischevious Puca (Irish mythology) who loves nothing more than to have a little bit of fun. He is outgoing and friendly, but can be the most annoying creature on the planet at times.

A dark shape peeks out from behind a pile of rocks. As it steps into the light that seeps through the branches above, the light reveals small pointed ears and a pointed muzzle. The animal walks into a small clearing and sits down, wrapping its bushy tail around its paws. It is a fox, but a jet black one, with only a little bit of white at the tip of its tail and nose.

"Well, it's quiet. I don't like quiet. It's boring. I don't like that either." The fox taps his left forepaw on the ground, scratching at the turf. He mutters inaudible words to himself as he continues scraping at the ground.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:37 pm
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Can it be an original creature heavily based off a specific mythological being or must it be canonical in the target mythology?
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

75 Reviews

Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:41 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

Spoiler! :
an actual mythological creature. but it can be from any mythology.

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:57 pm
FireSpyGirl says...

Lachainne peeked out from behind a tree. It was so beautiful here!

((Lachainne is an elf, long blond hair, usually wears green pants and shirt with a brown cloak. She comes from celtic mythology.))
"Those moments when your in so deep, it feels easier to just swim down"

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:32 pm
Cyvain87 says...

Ferna opens her sparkling sapphire blue eyes and stretches her wings wide as if waking from a short nap however she soon becomes aware of the forest surroundings she was in, this was not the same place she had settled down for her rest and the almost silence made her feel somewhat uneasy. She gazed around to try and get her bearings hoping to see, hear, smell it sense something that would aid her In working out where it was she had just awoken let alone how she had got there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:44 pm
SubSubLibrarian says...

Spoiler! :
My character is a Barghest, or Grim, from British mythology. He's basically a big black dog and his name is Darkness.

He didn't know why he had been summoned to this forest, so far away from the perilous streets of London, where he and his brothers fed on dying souls. He wondered who in this forest could possibly be on the edge of life. It didn't seem likely that anyone or anything could die in this forest. Magic permeated the atmosphere and the only black magic he could feel was himself, Darkness. A breeze rippled through the wood, a sign of peace, a good omen. Why, then, was he here?

Someone, somewhere in this very forest, was about to die, but the forest's magic was much too strong for him to find them. It overpowered the scent of death. He would have to do complete his task another way. He was sure he would be able to tell if he came face to face with them. For now, he would need a companion, someone who could track in the absence of the dark. He could be very persuasive if need be. All that he needed to do was find another animal.
"I'd probably have to do things if I was Charles Corban, but I’d also know a bunch of cool people who I could talk into doing it all for me.”
“I guess it’s a good thing you can’t possibly be Charles Corban,” Charles said.

75 Reviews

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:05 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

((Im actually familiar with Grim and his bros. Black dogs.))

The fox pricked his ears. He smelled something, possibly another canid. The hackles raised on his back. He could sense something else, but he wasn't quite sure what. There were more creatures in these woods.

"Anyone out there?" He looked around then barked loudly, wondering if anyone could hear him.

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:24 pm
FireSpyGirl says...

Lachain jumped when she heard the fox.
"Who, or what are you?" Her lilting voice called out.
"Those moments when your in so deep, it feels easier to just swim down"

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

The first thing I do when I have a good quote is always to put a goat in it. uwu
— Liminality