z

Young Writers Society

Axcel: The World.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:02 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

The smell of a heavy forest meets your nose. The sound of water reaches your ears, the soft bubbling almost calming you. As you open your eyes, an overwhelming amount of green reaches you. Looking around, you find that you're close to a clearing -- perhaps the edge of the forest. There's a small stream somewhere; you can hear it. You're not sure where you are, but you know one thing: this isn't where you went to sleep.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

8 Reviews

Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:15 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Spoiler! :
I'll be throwing in two characters that are native to this world: Princess Rose and Ryder.
Rose is basically one of them anime catgirls that we all know and love, right? She's got white cat ears and tail, and really bright bubblegum pink hair. Currently, she's wearing a white t-shirt and some beige shorts along with a pair of boots. Ryder is wearing similar boots, a blue shirt, a yellow hat and some cargo shorts. They're both wearing backpacks.

"Did you hear that?"
"Hear what?"
"It sounded like something fell!"
"I mean, no? You have wayyy better hearing than me, so...yeah."
"Oh. Well, this way!"
Through the trees burst Rose first, with Ryder following closely behind -- mainly because he was being pulled.
"Psst, Ryder, I think they're asleep," Rose said, turning her head to the boy next to her.
"Yeah, keep your voice down you nit. They'll wake up and they'll blame us!" he whispered, crouching down behind a bush.
"Oh, right." Rose took a spot next to the boy. With baited breaths, they waited for something to happen.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:44 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
For this roleplay, I'm going to use three different characters: Lorcan, Juniper and Maahes! Though Maahes does have a character profile, it's for his older self. So I'll just list their descriptions right here instead.

Lorcan: Lorcan is tall and lean. His skin is pale, and he has long black hair that he's currently keeping up in a ponytail. Since his hair is up, it's easy to notice that he has a nick in his right ear. His eyes are a bright shade of blue. He has a pair of fangs as well. His clothing is all dark clothes - a dark red t-shirt, a black jacket, black jeans and black boots. He looks just like a vampire. He appears to be somewhere in his late teens to early twenties.

Juniper Quinn: Juniper is around average height for age (which is fourteen years old) and has a pretty normal body shape. She has her long and wavy auburn hair down. Her eyes are green, and she has only minimal amounts of makeup on her face. She's currently wearing an old Fullmetal Alchemist t-shirt, jeans, sneakers and oversized purple hoodie that belongs to her brother.

Maahes: He currently appears to be a human man in his early twenties. His short, windswept brown hair looks surprisingly neat, and he has a pair of gray eyes. He has a some stubble on his chin. He's roughly Lorcan's height or a little bit taller, though he's not as lanky as Lorcan is. He's currently wearing this outfit down below, with a sturdy pair of dark brown boots. Anyone looking at him might notice that something about him doesn't seem quite right, but will be unable to place what that something is.

When he awoke, he found that he was in a tangled mess of limbs and branches.

He tried to sit up. When he realized that the weight of the person - a girl, right? - was too heavy for him to push off, he let out a groan and promptly fell back into the shrubbery he was partially laying on. The girl, in response, gave a groan of her own and wearily popped her head up. They laid like that for a good moment, her green eyes staring into his blue ones and vice versa as both struggled to really understand what was going on.

"Lorcan?" she asked.

"Juniper?" he asked back.

Now it was easy to push her off, especially when she was trying to get off at the same time. He hesitantly got to his feet. Juniper followed suit minutes later. They both looked around the forest, eyes narrowing in confusion as they saw more and more. Once they had gotten a good look at where they were, they turned to stare at each other.

"I was with Levi," Juniper slowly said.

"I was with the rest of our friends," he replied. He pulled a stick out of his hair, and, leaning over, pulled a noticeably large twig and leaf out of Juniper's. There were still plenty of bits of the forest stuck in both of their long hair, but it wasn't as bad now. "Maybe we were brought through a rift-"

Someone gave a startled cry from nearby. Both Lorcan and Juniper jumped in surprise, Juniper noticeably ducking behind Lorcan in the process. She peeked around him and stared in the direction of the noise. "Lorcan," she whispered, "now would be a good time to get your sword out."

Even before he tried and failed, he knew it wasn't going to work. If he was taken to wherever this place was and Hero wasn't here, he wouldn't be able to access Hero's magic. Which was really bad, considering he didn't have a weapon of his own.

The noise had come from behind a trunk of one of the nearby trees. Lorcan could only watch as the person who had made the noise got to their feet and came out from behind it, watching them with wide eyes as he did so. He was a human, and only in his early twenties. But there was something about him - maybe the way he looked at them, or maybe the way that he held himself - that just didn't seem right.

The man's lip quivered as he wildly looked around where the forest. "Where's Odris?" he questioned, his gaze returned back to Lorcan and Juniper. Juniper shrugged, and Lorcan remained silent - he didn't know who this man was or what he was looking for. "I-I was sitting right next to him in a meeting. Where's O-Odris?"

For someone who easily matched Lorcan's tall stature, the man looked surprisingly small and afraid when neither one of them gave him a response.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:32 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Spoiler! :
lol guess I better answer cat girl with tiger dude.

Zechariah, or just Zech, is a bipedal white tiger and a burly dude, because I have problems. His black stripes are large and pronounced, he carries a small wooden staff (not really necessary, but it helps him to coordinate healing magic), and is wearing a loincloth. Since he's been declawed, he can't grip onto things easily. A gentle and submissive dude. Arguably too much so, but he's learning how to grow a spine.

When Zech had felt bark scratching the fur on his legs, he'd guessed he wasn't in bed. If he hadn't opened his eyes, or smelled the deep and earthy smells of the forest, he would've assumed Lunis had been playing another prank.

Unfortunately, he did open his eyes and smell the forest, and so he was a bit frightened to be resting on a large branch a fair distance above the ground.

Zech pulled his head away from the tree. Taking a few shallow breaths, he shivered as he stared into the mass of foliage that engulfed him. He could see the sun in the distance, peeking through the leaves. A creek gurgled nearby. Birds sang, a light wind rustled the branches around him, and someone in the distance screamed.

Nope, he was staying. He didn't want to run into whatever it was beneath him. Rising up slowly, Zech dug his feet into the branch and rested a paw against the tree. What else was there to do? Try and climb down the tree? Find his way to a bigger tree to hide in? Actually see where the screaming was coming from (not his favorite option)?

Before he could start thinking about those questions, he heard a snapping noise beneath him. Zech looked down just in time to see the branch rip itself free from the tree, and then he plummeted to the forest floor below.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

9 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 9
Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:51 pm
View Likes
kat13254 says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Mari (Short for Marina)

Age: 22(human years) The Merfolk from her home planet uses a different system to recognize age dictated by the lunar cycles.

Appearance: She has long blue hair, pearls strung within. She has pale blue eyes, and a timid outward appearance.
(Human) She wears a blue ruffled dress decorated with butterflies. It flairs out at the end like a tail. It has one shoulder. Normally she prefers to be bare foot, but when she is wearing shoes she wears a strappy kitten heel, the same colour as her dress.
(Mermaid) Her torso is covered in a seaweed gel lace, which to human touch would just feel like a set of scales. Her tail flows under her chestwear, blue, just like her dress.

Personality: Despite her being the next in line to the throne on her planet, she isn't very bold. She is timid, especially in unfamiliar places. Her timidness turns to anxiety when in her human form as it's so unfamiliar to her, as she never likes to leave her comfort area of her palace and her hidden grotto of coral. She is level headed and can make decisions, she just needs prompting to do so. She naturally follows those of strong leadership skills as they remind her of her deceased older sister. She is from a Queendom, so she was never raised in the way humans are on earth to see males as the more dominant sex. She has more respect for females, and will often take charge if a male is, just from instinct.

Background: She comes from a planet of water, humans being the minority species on her planet, as most are merfolk, who have the special ability to shed their scales temporarily to be on land. On her planet there are myths of a gate to earth, which is home to a different race of merfolk, which the books surrounding earth is where she has learned all her information on pure humans, whom do not even know of the existence of merfolk. She has always been an introverted book worm, much to the dismay of her older sister Erissa, who was next in line for the throne, and quite the extrovert who lived for ruling. In Mari's mind Erissa was the perfect heir to the throne, so she never bothered to even think of ruling. That is until the sudden disappearance of her sister. After months of her missing, she was ruled dead, and Mari was forced to step up and take over the place of heir to the throne.

Powers: She can swap between her mer form and her human form, depending on the presence of water. As princess she also is blessed with the gift of using her singing to control the water, something she keeps hidden when not surrounded by her own kind. She can also understand other water breathers(Like fish)

Strengths: Her control over water. Her ability to escape into the sea/land depending on the situation. She has a good understanding of aquatic medicine and can even create "bubbles" for non water breathers to breathe underwater, as long as they aren't away from her for too long.

Weaknesses: she is timid, and often afraid to speak up unless prompted to. She likes to hide away from her problems, thus making stressful situations hard for her to deal with. She gives in easily to loud voices(not sound, but negative voices)

My consciousness comes to me rapidly, the feeling of something stabbing into my side. I lift it only to find a tree branch, stuck to the low hanging tree it's attached to. I stretch feeling the awkwardness of two legs, wiggling my toes, sighing relief when they're bare, and not enclosed in shoes. I hate those damn things.

I sit myself up, the grass rubbing my fingers. My ears perk up when I hear the sound of a stream nearby, it's not much water, I can tell by the volume and the intensity of the crashing against the shore line, but it should be enough.

I look around me, the surrounding completely unfamiliar. I know all the land surrounding my water, and this is not anywhere.

The rustling in a nearby tree causes a gasp to escape my mouth and I instinctively hide myself behind the tree nearby, relief flooding through me when it's just a small animal. It's unfamiliar, but it looks harmless so I settle myself, standing to my feet and mindlessly making my way to the hypnotic sounds of the water.
Mew ฅ(⌯͒• ɪ •⌯͒)ฅ❣

8 Reviews

Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:55 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Ryder heard the snap and looked up just in time to see a white lion fall from a tree. Rose, being the person she was, was already running towards the falling cat. The other three seemed to have fallen before. Ryder stood and watched as Rose caught the big cat mid air, only to land and realise he was wayy too heavy for her to hold up. She fell with him laying on top of her.
"Heeelllp!!" she managed to yell out, scrabbling for something to grab to pull herself out.
"In a minute," Ryder muttered, mostly to himself though. That girl was gonna get herself seriously injured one day.
"Hello there! What are you guys doing in the Forest of Kh'rul?" he asked the other three that had fallen out of the branches. He assumed the small gasp he heard was from Rose.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:15 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The mysterious man stumbled back from the two newcomers, eyes wide as he watched the girl get crushed by a man that was apparently a gigantic tiger. Then he just stood exactly where he was, frozen with what was apparently fear, as the girl cried out for help.

Juniper slowly began to sneak out from behind Lorcan; after all, it didn't appear like anyone - except maybe the tiger, because he was a tiger - was a threat. Now that she was no longer terrified of whoever was about to arrive, she could finally try taking in the sight in front of her.

Which was pretty hard to do, considering one girl had cat ears and a tail, a bipedal tiger had just fallen out of a tree, and there was that man who just kept giving everyone a weird look. At least the guy asking the question appeared kind of normal, just like that girl heading over to the nearby stream - although her clothes were oddly fancy for a place like this.

Wait. Forest of Kh'rul? What was that? She looked up at Lorcan to see if he recognized the name, but he looked just as confused as she felt.

"We're just traveling," Lorcan said, giving Juniper's shoulder a tight squeeze and pulling her close. She didn't object to the gesture. Lorcan was the one who was used to bizarre things like this, and was the one who had been in more fights that she could possibly imagine. She'd gladly take his protection over fending for herself any day.

Even though he oddly wasn't using his sword, but oh well. She'd survive if she stuck by her friend.

The strange man tore his gaze away from the girl with the cat ears and the giant tiger. "I was-I was in a meeting," he repeated, looking like he was on the verge of tears. "I put my head down because it was starting to get really boring, and then I was here!"
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:16 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Zech gasped as he crashed onto someone. With the branching slamming into the ground behind him, he quickly rolled off the person and sprawled out on the ground, breathing rapidly.

"The forest of what?" he said, recognizing that someone was talking. "Cruel?"

8 Reviews

Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:37 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"Yeah, somethin' like that," Ryder said with a wave of his hand. He walked over to Rose who has resigned herself to death and was now laying there, sprawled on the ground. He picked her up as best he could.
"Oh, thanks Ry," she said once she realised the big ol' tiger was off of her.
"You guys don't look like travelers," Ryder commented, ignoring Rose as she dusted herself off. She walked straight up to the small group that had formed near the tree and held out her hand.
"Hi! I'm Princess Rose! Nice to meet you!"
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:01 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lorcan remained where he was, still uneasy about this whole situation. Juniper didn't even try to get out from underneath his arm. He was grateful for that. He had enough to worry about, and having to catch up to her was something he'd be happy to be without. "It's a pleasure to meet you, princess," Lorcan said. His grip on Juniper's shoulder remained as strong as before. "My name is Lorcan, and my friend's name is Juniper."

"Hi," Juniper shyly said from where she was standing. Her gaze remained on the girl with the cat ears. From the way that she was looking at her, it was clear that she had a major crush on her. Which was far from a good thing, considering they didn't even know what she was the princess of. He'd have to keep an eye on her to make sure she didn't do anything stupid while blinded by her apparent love for her.

The strange man suddenly was standing right in front of them, no longer seeming as afraid as he was earlier. He eagerly shook Princess Rose's hand, a grin spreading from ear to ear. "Hi, Princess!" he cheerfully said. "I'm Maahes."

He waited a second, then reached out and hesitantly squeezed her ears. His face exploded into a look of wonder and awe. "Princess, I really love your ears! They're super soft and I've never seen anything like them!"

Lorcan and Juniper exchanged a look.

"Wow," she whispered, "someone's not good with personal space."
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:36 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Hi," Zech breathed, amazed that he somehow hadn't broken anything in his body. Pure shock kept him on the ground, staring up into the trees. Or, not really staring; his vision was blurry, and he wasn't focusing on anything in particular. "Good to meet you guys. Whatever your names are." Out of the corner of his eyes, he watched one of the people tug the ear of the person he'd fallen on. Cat ears, to be specific. He decided it would be rude to point it out. "Everyone okay?"

8 Reviews

Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:38 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Rose immediately shirked away from his touch.
"Too rough," she mumbled, massaging her ears.
"Please don't do that again," she asked the very excited man. She was admittedly weirded out by his over excited behaviour, but she didn't question him about it.
"We're fine, don't worry," Ryder said, walking next to Rose.
"I'm Ryder," he paused for a moment, looking over them once more.
"Where are you guys from? You sorta look like you came from Ardenn but I can't say for certain. Especially with tiger boi over there." He jerked a thumb toward Zech.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:19 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lorcan and Juniper exchanged a nervous look at the question. It was easy to say they were travelers; that meant they didn't have to have a good idea of this place's geography. But to be asked where they were from? Lorcan doubted he could give an answer that would match what they were expecting. This place wasn't Minecraftia, and this place wasn't Earth.

"We're just from a small little town," Lorcan finally said, giving them a smile that didn't reach his eyes. What it did show, however, was his sharp incisors. He really didn't want to show off his vampiric traits, but it did have a tendency to scare away unwanted attention.

Or make more, depending on where he was from.

"I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable, Princess," Maahes suddenly apologized, ducking his head down in either shame or respect - it was hard to tell. He hesitantly raised it a moment later. "I'm from Vuphia. I'm not really sure how I got here, though. I was in a meeting with Odris, and then suddenly I ended up here."
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:57 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"You guys sure did travel a heck of a long way then. I don't recall there being any villages in the area. How'd you make it this far with such little supplies?" Ryder asked, while Rose straightened herself.
"Where's Vuphia? Is it in Colderan? Or is it somewhere in Varath?" Rose asked, looking at the confusing man.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lorcan and Juniper froze at the question. How were they supposed to reply to a question like that? They couldn't tell the real reason they didn't have supplies because that would imply that everything else they had said was a lie. Shoot. Lorcan bit his lip, a small droplet of blood trickling down his chin as his fangs dug into his skin. The action stung, but it was hard not to do it when he was deep in thought.

"Our supplies were stolen from us," Lorcan finally decided. Juniper earnestly nodded in agreement beside him. "We went to bed last night and found that they were gone in the morning. We tried searching everywhere, but you know how things can get sometimes."

He spoke from experience - it had happened to him, Second and Hero in the past, back when they were exploring Minecraftia and not hanging out on Earth.

Meanwhile, Maahes was in the middle of discussing things with Princess Rose; he seemed to have little regard for keeping how he had ended up here a secret. It made him wonder for a moment if it was safe for them to do the same, but it was impossible for Lorcan to tell if Maahes truly was from another world or just from a place in this one.

Maahes shrugged at the questions. "I haven't heard of those places before, but I do know where Vuphia is! It's on Altera." He frowned, placing a hand underneath his chin as he thought out loud. "Maybe I'm on another planet? But I don't remember coming through the stargate, and I don't know how I left the meeting. Or where Odris is, and he'd never lets me go somewhere without him or some of the guards..."
mage

queer and here.

You cannot understand and disagree.
— P. D. Ouspensky