Young Writers Society

Welcome to Hell

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:01 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Vait, I've got a question," Kratzer said. "How ze Hölle do you expect to leave zis complex even if you do get out of ze cell, huh? Zere's a locked door right zere. You don't even know vhat zings look like outside. I do, but you, Yorrick, do not, and if you try to run out zere blind you'll find yourself here vith tighter bars in a jiffy."
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:07 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Carter waved a hand at Kratzer dismissively. "Hush, hush, if he wants a talking map, he'll let you out too. Just let him try."
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:13 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Oh, ja, because it's such a brilliant idea to break out vith cameras vatching us, guards outside, and no plan. I don't know about you guys but I'd really rather not be tortured for zis, danke."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:56 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"From what you've described, it sounds like we're likely to be tortured either way, or worse eventually. So why not try?" Carter asked.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:01 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Because, knowing her, we'll probably get a chance to cooperate."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:04 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Carter's eyebrows shot up with interest. "Oh, really?" He turned his gaze slowly over to Skull.

"Then perhaps you should hold off on the bone-breaking in light of this new information."

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:15 am
ThatOneGuy2002 says...

-Chuckle- "The word "Cooperation" has many meanings, few of which you will be likely to benefit...."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:24 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Sorry, @ThatOneGuy2002, but this rp is closed

he/him/his

34 Reviews

34 Reviews

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:44 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

His hands tightened into fists so hard and quickly that he could feel his fingernails digging into the palms of his hands - he didn't think it would be long before they were breaking skin. Somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew that he should be continuing the charade of being just as horrible as the other prisoners. But he was just too frustrated about what had happened with Kratzer, too disgusted at the thought of further sacrificing his morals, and too angry with himself for getting into this situation in the first place for him to really be paying attention to his common sense.

"I'm not like you," he said, his furor seeping into his voice. "I'd take torture any day over having to cooperate with someone like Boomslang - or either of you, seeing that you're actually considering it."

He went to the very back of his cell, then rushed on forward to the front of it to build momentum. His body didn't want to squeeze through the bars, but he kept on pushing. His bones cracked, jutted into places that bones weren't supposed to jut into, and causing him a hell of a lot of pain, but he still kept going. He thought of Percy telling him about his best friend, thought of Jess talking about her dear little baby brother Anthony, and thought of how he had to find them so they could get back to their families.

And then he was outside of the cell bars, his magic working in overtime to heal the many painful injuries that now littered the inside and outside of his body. He was sure it wasn't a pretty sight to his cellmates; he took pleasure in that thought.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:29 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"You have no idea what you speak of," Kratzer snapped. "None! You want to go out there and try to fight? Why? Is it for a person? A purpose? A vendetta? Because whatever it is, whatever it is keeping you alive, giving you the will, she'll take it. Mark my fickin' words."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:43 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Skull spun around and glared at Kratzer.

"She can't!" he shouted back, finally letting loose the anger that he had been trying - and failing - to conceal. "Percy and Jess have been lost for years, and they're not even on this world anymore thanks my own stupidity! So she can try all she wants to take them, but she'll never be able to! She'll never be able to find them, and she'll never be able to make me forget the life I took them from!"
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:46 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Keep telling yourself that, kid," Kratzer growled. "What you seem to think is a spark is a wildfire and you will get burned if you decide to pull funny business. You think I want to cooperate? You think I wanted to do the things I did? Is that it?! Walk out that door, Yorrick, go ahead and try to find those people you seek. If you manage to get out of here then kudos to you. But we haven't seen the last of each other. That I can guarantee."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:16 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Carter watched the interaction with a cool neutrality, though he had hoped Skull would attempt to free him as well. Kratzer, however, was doing a good job of making escaping by force seem like a futile pursuit.

Wisely, he held his tongue from any biting comments while the two were worked up in an emotional flurry. Instead, he decided to wait and see how things played out.

As a writer, I'm more interested in what people tell themselves happened rather than what actually happened.
— Kazuo Ishiguro