z

Young Writers Society

The Haunted Mansion

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:44 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Li He merely followed. It was apparent that her strength wasn't needed.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:15 pm
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@FalconerGal9086, do you want to post next?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:19 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Sure!

He's not sure what to make of the group or of the place. A werewolf, a shadow, a demon, a young man with a "Quirk", a nine-tailed fox, and an anime fan. At the very least his instinct didn't claw at him to feed as it would if they were humans - these were out of his league, which is good: he doesn't want to hurt anyone.

Spoiler! :
Also, I just realized! Li He should be able to smell that Cornyx is demonic
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:05 pm
Mageheart says...

Kyou stuffed his hands into his pockets as they started to navigate the mysterious mansion. He kept his eyes on the dust on the ground. There was an abnormal lack of footprints; it seems like no one had been here in quite some time. He glanced over at the decorations adorning the walls. There were paintings there, but something about them didn't seem right. The eyes of the portraits seemed to follow him as he walked, and the landscapes looked like something straight out of a horror movie.

Then again, this place looked like something straight out of a horror movie.

And it was while he was contemplating that thought that he heard the sound of voices. Joyful laughter rung out throughout the halls, accompanied by what sounded like faint music. He glanced down at the floor, and then back up in the direction the music had come from. All reasonable parts of him told him to stay exactly where he was, but he hurried onward with a nagging curiosity and fear.

He eventually came to a stop before a grand set of doors.

He threw the doors open. The noises suddenly fell silent, and he paled when he took in the sight that greeted him. It was a ballroom; there was a piano in the corner, a chandelier dangling high above, and a beautiful smooth floor. But there was a thick layer of dust coating everything, and cobwebs hung in every corner.

He turned back to the group, who had come with him, and gulped. "I think this place is haunted."

Spoiler! :
I know this is a strange request, but can the person that goes next include the chandelier falling on Kyou? I want to show what his ability is.
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:06 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

The pictures didn't scare him, but they did make him feel uneasy. The voices were another story though. What they were saying, he did not know, and they seemed to have come from nowhere.The music was creeping him out as well, but it gave him hope that there were other people around, that just randomly decided to play piano for some reason.

Then Kyou ran ahead. And the group carrying the werewolf got to the door to the room he was in.

Kyou spoke, and Raiden swallowed a ball of spit. He noticed the thick layer of dust over everything. The voices and music had stopped too, leaving the room eerily silent. Raiden's face drained of colour. He was scared, but at the same time he felt a sense of excitement. A haunted house was kinda cool, actually.

Then the chandelier fell, with Kyou underneath.

"Kyou!" Raiden shouted, not able to do anything as he noticed it too late.
It had already begun falling.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:27 am
Mageheart says...

When he heard Raiden's voice, it was just as the chandelier came crashing down onto him. He could only give a startled cry as the sudden, powerful force knocked the breath out of him. The most he could muster was a pitiful whimper. It hurt like no other pain he had faced before. His bones cracked underneath the pressure, and a fierce pain shot through his limbs. With the shock came the stubborn urge to pass out; if he did, the pain would be over before he knew it.
mage

queer and here.

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:42 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Jane was shocked. She quickly set down her portion of werewolf, and ran over, trying to lift the chandelier off of Kyou. She was stronger than she looked, but the chandelier was heavy, and it took her several tries to begin moving it.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

81 Reviews

Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:39 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Li He ran to help Jane, all the while quietly sniffing the air to assess Kyou's injuries.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:08 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Cornyx races over to help them, exhibiting surprising strength for such a lithe figure.

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:18 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Spoiler! :
Wow all of our characters are "stronger than they look". xD

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:06 pm
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
It appears so! Zion's pretty weak on their own, but their magic makes them stronger than they appear to be. By the way, feel free to have Kyou come to in your post!

Zion assisted with their magic. They couldn't do too much to help, but they tried to all the same. The combination of everyone's efforts made it possible to lift the heavy chandelier off of Kyou's body. But the sight that greeted them afterwards wasn't a pleasant one. Kyou, undoubtedly was dead. He had stopped breathing, and his limbs had been mercilessly destroyed by the fall of the chandelier.
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:04 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden ran over, a bit late as the weight of the werewolf kept him down. His eyes widened in shock, putting a hand over his mouth as he suppressed the urge to vomit. He seemed dead. He was probably dead. Kyou's chest wasn't moving, and his limbs were crushed.
"This is baaaaad! The ghosts want us dead!" Raiden thought, looking away from Kyou's body, scanning the room frantically for any indications of ghostly behaviour. If he hadn't, though, he'd have noticed a slight twitch of Kyou's fingers.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:09 am
Mageheart says...

Zion cast a glance in the direction of the chandelier. It was possible that a ghost was responsible for its fall, but the building was old. It was surprising that the chandelier hadn't fallen before they had arrived. The sentient shadow certainly wasn't getting a good feeling about this place, but the last thing they needed was unnecessary panic.

"Kyou might come back as a ghost," they suddenly commented. They looked over at the broken body in the center of the room, quickly adverting their gaze moments later. Like Raiden, if they had looked for even a second more, they would have noticed a slight twitching of Kyou's fingers.

They took a deep breath. "We should be prepared for anything."

And that was when they heard someone move from behind them.

They slowly turned around. Kyou, arms hanging loosely at his side as he struggled to gain any semblance of balance, was standing himself up. The sluggish movements were akin to those of a zombie's. Zion could barely believe what they saw as the broken limbs began to heal at an incredibly fast rate. It took less than a minute for his body to fully heal.

"Sorry about that," he apologized. "My Quirk lags a lot."
mage

queer and here.

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:00 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Jane- who had not quite known how to feel about someone dying in front of her- was now incredibly curious. She walked up to him, and poked him in the shoulder.

"Just making sure that you're not immaterial." She paused. "Double negative. Bad me."
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:59 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Cornyx steps back, shocked. He'd appeared entirely dead, and now he stood there, walking, talking, seemingly fine.

he/him/his

Love is not an emotion. Love is a promise.
— 12th Doctor