Young Writers Society

A House with Many Doors

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:59 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Larrel, finally reaching the food, began to partake - eating a roll of bread happily. James wasn’t fond fond of the idea of her eating strange food without knowing where it came from, but it was a little to late now.

“I’m only hoping that whomever set the food out for us had pure intentions,” he said. “Or at the very least, didn’t mean them as a trap.”

Larrel’s face turned into an angry frown as she gulped down a chunk of break and turned to her brother.

“You’re a real killjoy, you know that?”
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:17 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden swallowed whatever food was in his mouth at the time.
"Yeah jeez, dude. Just eat some food, my guy," he spoke, before taking a bite of his cheese.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:17 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"He's right, though," said Edwin gently as he turned, before Adamina could get a word in. "For all we know, someone could be trying to harm us with this food. We don't even know where it came from."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:21 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Auryon wanders to the back of the room, gazing up at the chandelier and lost in thought.

"I told you we could do it, fraulein," he murmured, in her ear, turning to the music.

"I told you that it was stupid, not impossible, der Silberfuch," she replied, her voice soft enough where it was hardly audible above the waltz - but he heard it, she knew he did. How couldn't he, when he listened to every heart in the room?
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:16 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Larrel deliberately shoved another roll in her mouth, chewing and talking with her mouth open.

“THEB I’B IBBUMUME.”

8 Reviews

Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:11 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden shrugged.
"At least I die with a full stomach."
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:38 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She leaned back against the wall, dropping her head and closing her eyes. Her whole body hurts from the fight and the fire and the demon. Her heart is twisted and broken and she's tired of all of this. Why, oh why, did she leave him? Was he really there unlike the rest of this god-forsaken world?

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:20 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James stared down Larrel for a moment, but at his point, there was no use in arguing. If the food was poisoned, they would be able to tell in a few hours. She had already eaten it before he could tell her to practice caution, and there was no way to know for sure.

That said, he was hungry, but he wasn't going to eat just yet...

"Fine, fine," James said dismissively.

Spoiler! :
hmm do we want anything to happen in the ballroom?? i don't really have any ideas

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:02 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Nor do I

Auryon leans against the wall. She'd really rather sit, but she doesn't want to show that kind of weaknesss more than she already has. She can still feel Apophis moving in the back of her mind - pacing like a caged animal. Trapped. She can also feel Raphael's hold slipping; wherever she is, it's too far, and he won't be able to hold on.

And when he lets go, Apophis is going to be very displeased.

he/him/his

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:17 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Spoiler! :
How about there are a bunch of different doors leading out of the ballroom (since it's so big), the one that they choose to open has some sort of dangerous thing they have to fight in it? I've been kinda tossing that one around in my head.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:52 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
That sounds good to me!

Maahes pushed his food away from him and got out of his chair, noticing that Auryon wasn't joining them at the table. He had no desire or need to eat. It had just been to make him feel more like the other people there; he would easily sacrifice that if it meant helping someone out. "Hey," he said, giving her a shy little wave. "Is everything okay?"
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:14 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Spoiler! :
Dun dun dun let's hope it's not as hard as dark souls lol
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:00 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Auryon looks at him for a moment, still a bit surprised and unsure what to do with someone who seems genuinely concerned. After a moment she nods. "Yeah, I'm fine," she says with a small smile, but it doesn't reach her eyes. She's afraid. Very, very afraid.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:28 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Okay," he said. After a moment of hesitation, he reached his hand out and grabbed onto hers. He gave it a tight squeeze and her a reassuring smile. "I know we haven't known each other for long, but I'm here for you."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:20 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She initially recoils a little at the physical contact. She's unaccustomed to it unless it's someone she's fighting or Apophis putting her back in her place. After the involuntary flinch she realizes that Maahes is not, in fact, going to hurt her, and she relaxes a little.

"You wouldn't be if you knew what I've done," she murmurs, voice too quiet for the others to hear.

he/him/his

"Now I realize that there is no righteous path, it’s just people trying to do their best in a world where it is far too easy to do your worst."
— Castiel