z

Young Writers Society

The Three Dragon Inn

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:08 pm
View Likes
ardentlyThieving says...

Alexi had been raised to appreciate the value of things, and so she didn't particularly want to leave her drink half-finished. But curiosity won out and she had followed behind the group for a while when they left, silently observing and taking notes. She wasn't the quietest or the stealthiest of people, but she didn't think she had been noticed. Still, the situation seemed like one that would benefit from another person helping rather than just remaining an onlooker. And so she straightened her collar, flipped to a fresh page in her notebook and hurried to join the others. "Perhaps I can be of some assistance?"

Spoiler! :
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=350&t=106826#p1371597
“Thus human beings judge of one another, superficially, casually, throwing contempt on one another, with but little reason, and no charity.” - Emmuska Orczy, 'The Scarlet Pimpernel'

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:11 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

"You do realize I saw you there, right?" Maggie laughed. "And no, you may not, unless you have powers or know about Reapers."
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

30 Reviews

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:13 pm
View Likes
ardentlyThieving says...

Figures that she hadn't been quite as unnoticed as she thought.

"I'll admit, I'd never heard of a Reaper before today," she confessed. "But I am a mage, so if you need anyone to cast magic missile at the darkness I can help with that."
“Thus human beings judge of one another, superficially, casually, throwing contempt on one another, with but little reason, and no charity.” - Emmuska Orczy, 'The Scarlet Pimpernel'

364 Reviews

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:19 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

"I can shoot laser beams, so that's cool," Maggie laughs. "So can my cousin, Chris." She points to Chris. "I'm Maggie, by the by."

30 Reviews

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:41 pm
View Likes
ardentlyThieving says...

She offered her hand. "Alexi. Alexi Rose."

(I'm in school so replied will be slow and from my phone)

364 Reviews

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:28 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Maggie took it,

30 Reviews

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:39 pm
ardentlyThieving says...

"So, do we have a plan? Half a plan? An idea of a plan?" She shrugged, "I like plans."

364 Reviews

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:41 pm
zaminami says...

Maggie explains it.

30 Reviews

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:46 pm
View Likes
ardentlyThieving says...

"Well, that sounds a lot better than my idea of screaming and running away." She looked to the group as a whole. "I'll follow your lead."

364 Reviews

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:48 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Maggie smiles. "Well, it'll take quite a bit of stealth."

30 Reviews

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:54 pm
View Likes
ardentlyThieving says...

"Ah, my specialty," she joked. "I could always.. make a distraction?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:59 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The past few minutes had flown by, and, like Sacred, Soul wasn't quite sure what had happened. But that didn't seem to matter at the moment - it looked like there was another person who wanted to help save the other occupants of the bar.

"Wouldn't it better to keep going?" Soul quietly asked, not wanting to offend Alexi. "A distraction might make you risk your life more than you need to."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

30 Reviews

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:35 am
View Likes
ardentlyThieving says...

"Hey, running away is also a good idea!" She looked relieved. "I want to help, but I'd rather not sticking my neck so far out that it gets chopped off." She slowly drew her finger across her neck to illustrate her point.

364 Reviews

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:43 am
View Likes
zaminami says...

Chris sighed. "They're way faster than you plus they can fly. It won't work."

30 Reviews

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:00 am
View Likes
ardentlyThieving says...

"Hey, you don't know me. I could fly!" She paused, scrunching up her nose. "I mean, I can't fly, but I hadn't said that."

Maybe not the best time for joking around, she rebuked herself.

Don't aim at success--the more you aim at it and make it a target, the more you are going to miss it. For success, like happiness, cannot be pursued; it must ensue, and it only does so as the unintended side-effect of one's dedication to a cause greater than oneself or as the by-product of one's surrender to a person other than oneself.
— Viktor E. Frankl