z

Young Writers Society

Midnight Stroll

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:41 am
VampX13 says...

CAST, SO FAR
Amelia (17)- Looks like this. (played by VampX13)
Eric (21)- Looks like this. (played by misspriss)

If you are talking out of context, please, post in dark blue.

You can join as anyone you'd like but please try to have make some attempt at socializing with other characters.

To join fill out this:
Name:
Describe your character in five words:

-----------------------------

Amelia walked down the sidewalk rather quickly. She couldn't stay in his apartment any longer. How could she know anymore what was and wasn't a lie?

She felt a slight breeze and shivered. She felt as if someone were watching her. She kept her eyes glued to the cement that was rapidly passing below her and she hurried on.

He had offered to give her a drive and now she wished she had excepted. Only a few more blocks to the bus stop, she reminded herself, and picked up her pace.
Last edited by VampX13 on Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"I'm an actress, not a beauty." -from the movie, Stage Beauty

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:17 pm
Ares says...

You might get more replies if you told us when this took place, what it was about, stuff like that...:wink:

171 Reviews

Reviews: 171
Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:54 pm
lexy says...

What|????????????????????? confused :(
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself. - Peter O'Toole

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:44 am
misspriss says...

I am interested in joining but before I do, I was wondering if you could fill out the joining form just so I could know a little about your character. And also, would you prefer this to be a romance? The beginning kind of led me to believe that you wanted it to be a little romantic or dramatic. Let me know...

Random avatar

Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:51 am
misspriss says...

Oh! I just realized that you meant for the person writing the story to fill out the form with their information and not the characters. Could you tell me a little more about your character? Anyway, this is my joining form, (I edited it)
Name: Eric Donnington
Looks: http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/8619/rcg7ib.jpg
Describe your character in five words: Funny, handsome, intelligent, kind, single.
Last edited by misspriss on Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Random avatar

Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:15 am
misspriss says...

I know that I added some features on your character, I hope your okay with that, but you didn't supply much information about her. If you aren't happy with some of her features, just tell me!

Eric cupped the steaming hot cup of coffee with his cold hands, and breathed deeply, inhaling the strong, refreshing vapors of the energizing drink. Glancing up, he happened to notice a chilly-looking young woman with a troubled look on her face and desperation in her long strides passing the sidewalk across from his. He leaned against the rough oak tree and studied her features. She was very pretty. Her long hair was the color of chocolate laced with a bit of cinnamon, and her cheeks reminded him of pale pink rose petals, touchably soft and a complimentry color.

34 Reviews

Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:36 pm
VampX13 says...

"Midnight Stroll" is just supposed to be about just that a midnight stroll and all the people that happen to cross each others paths. The time period is modern day. So about now.

Amelia, just have a fight with her boyfriend, left the apartment and is on her way home. She's heading to a bus stop but the bus will be late. You don't have to fill me in on your story though and can just let it play out.

This role-play is intended to be a bit dramatic but mostly just realistic. Just a simple RP.

misspriss, your application has been accepted. The application however is describing you character but I've just added your characters name to the list.

Amelia continued to walk down the street, turning a corner. There was a chill in the fall air and Amelia very much wanted to be back at home.

Sometimes she wondered why she put up with him. Not that he was a jerk all the time, just some of the time. Which for a guy, she supposed, was pretty rare. They fought too much as well. Not that he had ever taken his hand to her or anything but they did fight about trivial subjects.

Suddenly the book tucked under Amelia's arm, slipped and fell behind her on the sidewalk. She didn't noticed as she was too wrapped up in her thoughts. She continued on, approaching a street light.

Random avatar

Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:55 pm
misspriss says...

Eric had seen the object get dropped, but from this far away he couldn't tell what it was or if had been accidental.

He wavered between running and handing it back to her, with the possibility of looking like a fool holding a bit trash in his hands, or letting her lose something that might have some sentimental value to her.

Finally, his curiosity going mad, he walked quickly to where the small black object lay.

It was a book, with scarlet red binding and engraved with golden letters, was the title, Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austin. He opened the binding, and on the first page, in blue ink, it said,

To Amelia, Happy Birthday, Jason.

Eric was somewhat disappointed. He looked up and saw that the woman was very far ahead of him, possibly too far. However, being confident that she wouldn't have purposefully dropped it, he race towards her.

Stopping a couple yards away from her, he saw that she was waiting for a bus, and next to her was, an old woman, who was also waiting.

"Excuse me," he called out, but the young lady obviously thought he was talking to someone else, because she didn't acknowledge him. She was lost deep in thought.

"Amelia!" He shouted, hoping he wouldn't frighten the daylights out of this lady by calling her by name, even though she had never seen him before.

34 Reviews

Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:09 pm
VampX13 says...

Amelia, upon hearing her name, came out of her stupor to notice a man aproaching her. It was relatively dark and the street lamps were dim so she couldn't quite make out who he was. She assumed it could be none other than Jason and rolled her eyes.

"I told you," she persisted, stubbornly, "I don't need a drive home. And I'm certianly not going back to your apartment." Yet, with these strong statements, she approached him nonetheless.

To make things worse, she noticed, that the book, once under her arm was missing. She must've left it at Jason's or perhaps dropped it. Wonderful.

Random avatar

Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:13 pm
misspriss says...

Eric stopped short. What was she talking about?

Suprised, he almost took a few steps back, as this brown-haired beauty strode towards him.

"I-I-uh," he stuttered, still shocked at her forceful words towards a man she did not even know.

34 Reviews

Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:33 pm
VampX13 says...

As Amelia got closer she realised it wasn't Jason. She muttered a few curses under her breath.

Then turned to him, "Sorry. Sorry, I thought you were someone else. I just had a-- I mean... Sorry."

She spotted her book in his hands and a little unsure of what he was doing with it, she waited for him to speak.

Random avatar

Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:59 pm
misspriss says...

"I-It's okay," Eric said slowly.

Suddenly he realized he had been holding her book towards himself, as if he meant to keep it. He colored slightly.

"You, uh, dropped this," he said, handing her the book. He felt like a fool, and wished that he had simply watched her drop it and done nothing about it, like any normal man would.

34 Reviews

Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:28 pm
VampX13 says...

"Oh. Thank-you!" she was relieved, it was one of her favourite books and she wouldn't be able to sit on a bus without it.

She smiled, "It was a present from my --" she looked past the man slightly at the tall apartment building in the background, "a dear friend of mine."

She gave another smile, studying the man for a moment. He was relatively taller than her, with striking blue eyes. Quite handsome really. She just watched him for a moment and then realising she was staring, she gave another, "Thank-you," and reluctantly turned away.

She held the book to her chest this time, afraid she might lose it. But then if a good-looking man were going to hand her said book each time perhaps she should drop them more often. She had some regrets for just walking off but then what else was their to say?

She arrived at the bus stop and noticed everyone was gone. To her dismay, she had missed her bus. She checked the schedule, it had been the last one.

Random avatar

Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:10 pm
misspriss says...

Her bus was gone. No. NO. He wouldn't give her a ride, because giving people rides lead into getting into a relationship, which was simply something he was not ready for. Not that she wasn't beautiful, graceful, charming, but...he let his mind wander to what had taken place just last week.

He had been jilted at the altar. Literally. Everything was ready, everything in order. The honeymoon for Paris was planned, the guests were arriving, and the organ began to play Here Comes The Bride. But there was no bride.

During the last moments of her maidenhood she had fled with his best man and taken the tickets for Paris. So much for love. Perhaps it was better this way anyway, he thought, she had been rather two-faced.

He glanced at the lonely figure standing next to the lamppost.

"I could give you a lift," he offered hesitantly, "My car is just around the corner."

34 Reviews

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:07 am
VampX13 says...

Normally Amelia wouldn't just except a ride from a stranger. She didn't know if he was going to kidnap her, kill her... She knew nothing about this man especially.

But she did know she was far too proud to return to her Prince Charming now. She glanced quickly over at the apartment and the bus as it turned the corner.

It was beginning, lightly, to rain.

She sighed and gave him a half smile. "Thanks, I would appreciate that." She wandered over to him, following him to his car.

No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.
— John Donne