z

Young Writers Society

The Grangor

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:36 am
soundofmind says...

James was silent for a moment, thinking about it before responding. "...Sure. But, when you're ready to sleep, you wake me up, and we can sleep in shifts."
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:59 am
Featherstone says...

I nodded. "Deal."
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:42 am
soundofmind says...

James nodded, and laid down on the ground by the fire with his blanket around him. It was odd, having someone to keep watch. Ralys decided to take the opportunity to get some sleep too, so they could all sleep in shifts.

It took James a while before he was actually able to fall asleep, despite feeling drowsy. He was still filled with worry about facing the grangor, and he was worried about the other two and their safety. But eventually, tiredness overtook him as he came down from his adrenaline rush, and he fell asleep.

Spoiler! :
Feel free to skip ahead in time or whatever you want to do! Idk if you want Tasha to do anything while she's keeping watch or if you just wanna skip to when they switch spots, or if you want to skip til after they all sleep completely. I leave it up to you!

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:06 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Okey dokey! On a side note, I'm switching to 3rd person XD I usually write 1st person but for RP posts it's usually 3rd so it keeps mixing me up

It's almost to Mike's shift when Tasha lets out a cry of alarm and distress. Her sword is out and she's fallen back against the wall - a large, feline paw is stuck through the passageway leading into the cave. Evidently the beast figured out where they were but not exactly how to get to them through the tunnel.

Tasha's dog is at her side, snarling wildly. The woman herself has a torch in one hand and her broadsword in the other, her eyes a dark amber-gold.

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:50 am
soundofmind says...

James was on his feet as soon as he heard Tasha's cry and scrambled out of the reach of the giant claws. He looked over at Tasha and over at Ralys, who's retreated back to the wall with her. It seemed that, as long as they were out of the grangor's reach, it couldn't touch them. James waited for the grangor to pull its paw out, but it seemed like its paw was actually stuck. Could this, perhaps, have been a fateful turn of events in their favor? He backed away and armed himself with his sword, though he didn't draw it. Would the grangor escape? Or should they find a way to make sure it stays trapped?

"..." He made eye contact with Tasha, "You ok?" He hoped she didn't get hit by its claws.

Spoiler! :
YeSSS THIS IS THE CREATIVE COLLAbORATIVE ACTION I LIVE FOR

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:21 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"****! Yes, I'm fine, it didn't quite get me." She's still breathing hard. "Sorry, there was just suddenly a three foot claw in my face. Is there another way out? Can we get it while it's trapped?"

he/him/his

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:43 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Uh...maybe? @soundofmind?

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:22 am
soundofmind says...

Spoiler! :
@Sheyren !! It's not too late! Feel free to jump in when you feel it'd be best! :)

"The other way out would be the way we came in with your horse. There are a few other tunnels that go deeper, just to dead ends." He answers between breaths, with his eyes still on the squirmy feline foot sticking into their cave.

"So yes... we can get out. I don't know how long it'll stay trapped though. This seems like the best opportunity to try though, since it's really limited in movement... I wonder though, if there would be a way for us to secure it's foot in here so it can't eventually get out?" Of course, getting close to the claw would be a risk in itself, but maybe they could jam it in with a rock? He wasn't sure, that all sounded nice in theory, but he wasn't sure about practically how that would work. He hoped maybe Tasha might have an idea. If not, they'd just have to charge out there in hopes that it stayed trapped.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:50 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She glances around. "If we could get a large boulder we might be able to shove it into the paw to keep it from getting out. It's risky getting that close, but...Otherwise we'll just have to take on helluva gamble."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:12 am
soundofmind says...

James looked around the cave, searching for a boulder or large rock that matched that description. There were several loose ones lying around that might work...

He climbed over a few things in the cave with his eyes set on one that looked like it had a point to it, which would give them a smaller edge to jab into the cave opening between the paw and the stone. With a heave, he pulled it out, pushing it towards Tasha and the paw.

"I'm willing to try it." He looks at the grangor's paw, which was still twitching around. "Not sure how to go about it though... besides just... running in there with the stone and hoping it's claws don't touch me. It's not like we can distract its foot. Apart from maybe jabbing at with a sword. I assume it'd try to fight back..." That seemed to be its nature. Never, in any of his interactions with the beast, had it fled.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:57 am
View Likes
Pomeroy says...

Spoiler! :
Hey guys. I've been back home for a while, but everything in my life got super hectic, and I don't have the motivation or energy to keep up with.... pretty much anything, and that unfortunately includes this RPG. Sorry to join but then ditch :\\
but yeah. I hope you guys have fun though!
"They comprehend but they do not understand."

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:05 am
soundofmind says...

Spoiler! :
dude, it's not a problem! We'll make it work and I totally understand. Life comes first! You focus on that ^_^ I hope things get worked out for you!

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:16 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
Np, hope things get less busy soon! Good luck lifing!

"Let's just push on three." She comes over to help him, tossing the torch aside onto the stone ground and pushing her shoulder into the rock.

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:11 am
soundofmind says...

"Alright." He leans up against the rock, preparing to push it straight into the grangor's paw. "One... two... three!" As the both simultaneously applied pressure to the rock, it quickly slid forward, making a direct collision course with the paw. As they jammed the boulder into the foot, somewhat crushing, but also securely trapping the grangor's paw, the grangor let out a loud, sickening roar that pierced their ears. Though the paw was stuck and couldn't move, they could hear the big feline struggling, pulling on it's paw and trying to break free. After several failed attempts they heard a low growl, as if the creature had accepted its fate... for now.

James quickly backed away from the boulder, in caution, and watched, as if in disbelief. "It... it's stuck." It was really trapped.

"People should not be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
— V for Vendetta