Young Writers Society

Hogwarts Students and The Years We Lived with Harry Potter

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:18 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Rain

I nearly stopped breathing when Robert said that. "Incredible" "Fascinating" he had called it. I didn't even know what to think anymore.
Could someone really be that ignorant, that twisted?

I felt the hot tears roll down my cheeks. Despair forced its way into my mind breaking down the fortress of compliments I had built.

He has no idea what he is saying. I tried to remind myself. But that didn't matter, he said it, and it felt like a knife to the stomach.

I wiped the tears away with the back of my hand and slowly scratched another line about potions onto my parchment.

How much longer can I live like this? I wondered.

It was almost time for me to leave, I couldn't be late to the room of requirement.
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:38 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Robert
Thursday Evening, Study Group

Rain looked upset. Clara glared at Robert, a 'you've really done it now' sort of glare.
He looked back at her in confusion. What had he done?

As Clara left the group to comfort Rain, Robert stopped to think about it.
He had been talking about werewolves. Made light of the subject.
Maybe Rain had lost someone to a werewolf attack, he thought.

It hurt to see that he had hurt Rain's feelings, even if he didn't know her.
He thought about apologising. But it looked like things were going fine with Clara, her reliable friend.

He couldn't bring himself to approach. He would have felt like an unwelcome stranger, intruding upon something sacred.

So instead, he resolved to apologise another day. If he could catch her. If she would even listen to him. It probably wouldn't make a difference anyway- but it didn't matter.
It was the right thing to do.

Robert didn't feel like talking anymore. He excused himself and found an obscure bookcase, and looked for- well, anything.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:58 pm
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Medora

Godric asks if I wanted to go on a walk with him after the group is over and I resist the urge to shout out yes. Instead, I I play good student and allow him to talk me out of it. We go back to reading my textbook and I am constantly looking at the time. I can't focus on the page I am on, and I keep rereading it. When everyone finally starts to walk out Godric and I stay until the last person leaves. When the door shuts he closes his textbook and scoots closer to me. I close my book and smile at him.
"So... How about that walk?" Godric looks at me hopefully and I nod. We slowly walk out, his fingers entwined around mine and all i can think about was Rain and Robert. Why had she acted like that? An electricity between our fingertips

It was oddly silent between us while Godric and I walked around outside. The silence is nice because it feels like the only thing that's there is us and the sky. Gosh, that is kinda cheesy isn't it? We followed the path outside of the castle and I have no idea where we are going.
"Where are we going?" I whisper to him smiling.
"I guess you'll have to find out." He says smartly and a thought pops in my head.
"Godric... what if we run into a dementor? We're already not supposed to be out here..." I say slightly paranoid, but a part of me regrets saying it because I don't want to leave his side. He squeezes my hand reassuringly and my worries melt away.
Proud Reader of Banned Books

Answer to life, the universe, and everything: 42

Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

59 Reviews

Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:34 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Robert
Friday morning, second period

It was nearly time for the Study of Ancient Runes. Robert saw Rain heading to the class as well. She looked very tired, but determined to get to where she was going.
Her state made Robert feel nervous about bothering her, but he steeled himself and approached her anyway.

When she saw him, she looked even worse. Her eyes were lined, the lids were a little puffy. She frowned. ''What do you want?'' she asked cautiously.

Robert coughed nervously.
''I think I hurt your feelings back in study group. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have made light of- well. Um.

It looked like you had a ton of homework to do, perhaps I could help you with it if that would make it up to you- what am I saying, you probably want nothing to do with me.
Anyway. Sorry. Bye.''

Robert turned around to leave. He was pretty awkward when it came to apologies.

11 Reviews

Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:29 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Rain

The transformations have this wonderful way of turning a good day into a nightmare. I slowly walked to class trying desperately not to tumble down the stairs or fall over. The world refused to stop spinning. I almost didn't notice when Robert started talking to me. Only when he turned to leave did my sluggish brain understand what he had said.

"No that would be great!" I answered trying to sound happy about it.
"I really appreciate that offer."
He smiled awkwardly.

I felt my legs start wobbling and I tried desperately to remain upright.
"Are you alright?" Robert asked looking concerned.
"I'm fine" I lied.
He frowned and I walked away to avoid further conversation. I would have managed to escape the situation if I wasn't so drained. Spots danced before my eyes and my head felt like a gernade had gone off inside it. My legs throbbed and finally I could not withstand the stress of the transformation. My legs stopped working and I collapsed in a heap sending books and parchment flying.
I couldn't find the strength to move at all. My vision wandered in and out of focus. Robert stood over me yelling my name and waving his hands in front of my face.
"I'm fine" I insisted.
No no no no!
I can't let him find out. Not after what he said.

I tried to stand again but Robert held me down.
"You are not okay Rain!" He said forcefully.

What am I going to do?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.

-Greg Bear

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:13 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Clara Black

Robert had said the wrong thing at the wrong time. Sure, I was interested in werewolves as well, but Rain was actually one of them, and it didn't look fascinating from her point of view.

After the study hall, we all went our separate ways and went to sleep. Maybe that's what we needed, a break and a good nights' rest.

The next day I was in a haze, I had a migraine. Walking was a mission. I had downed two Advil's and was happy to feel it subside. The class I had after breakfast was Care for Magical Creatures. But I couldn't wait to eat. Since the pain had gone away, I could finally look at food and be okay.

I was next to Hermione when we started to chow down. I kept an eye on Rain from across the hall, making sure she was alive.

After breakfast, I caught up with Rain.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I had asked with a smile.

She shook her head, "I... I don't know honestly."

I swallowed hard, letting the air blow my hair over my face. Today had great weather, perfect for being out with Hagrid.

"I'm here for you." I said.

She smiled at me, "I know you are... it's just what Robert said still bothers me."

My heart sank, "It bothers me too, Rain. But he doesn't know..."

"And? Doesn't mean they are that fascinating! They are dangerous and terrifying!" She cut me off.

I took a step back from her. "To him they are, and you can't entirely blame him. All creatures are interesting."

"Well we aren't creatures Clara, we are monsters." Tears glistened in her eyes.

Godric Lovegood

Since Medora was scared, and she had a good point to be, we went back inside. The next morning I was practically the first student on the Great Hall. When I caught sight of Medora. I walked over to her before she could sit down with the Slytherins.

"How are you?" I asked.

She smiled up at me, "Better that I see you."

I pulled her into a bear hug, practically squeezing her life out.

We approached the area where the tables were set up for Hagrid's class. Same thing, different day. I sighed. He really lost his confidence when it came to teaching.

"Maybe he is surprising us with a new lesson?" Robert muttered as we sat at our table.

"I sure hope so." I replied with a grunt.

Medora sat on my other side and Hagrid went to the front of the glass with a sad smile. He began to explain what he's been explaining with every class. About those worms. Even he sounded dull and bored. We went back to poking our classwork, zoning out into our own worlds in the process.

I had noticed once again that Hermione appeared into the class, breathing deeply. She sat down next to Harry and Ron, smiling at them. How the hell did she do that? I swallowed hard, a pinge of jealousy running through my body. She really was that smart. She knew how to apparate before any of us did.

"Did you see Hermione just apparate?" Medora whispered to me.

I nodded, "I thought I was the only one."

"How did she learn already?" She asked.

"I don't know... wanna learn together?" I smirked.

She cracked a smile, "You think you're so sly."

"Cause I am,"
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

59 Reviews

Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:31 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Robert
Friday morning, second period

What was he going to do?

Rain had collapsed, she was obviously more than just exhausted. She was sick.
He couldn't leave her behind to call on Madam Pomfrey.
Robert panicked for a moment. Then, seeing how weak Rain was, he forced himself to focus.

He called Professor Flitwick, who happened to be passing, and they took Rain to the hospital wing.

Madam Pomfrey frowned. ''What happened?''

''I don't know what's wrong with her, we were talking just a moment ago, and she fell over.
There was a moment where she couldn't seem to see or hear me- I don't know what's going on.'' Robert told her. He was also frowning worriedly.

''I'll take care of her.'' said Madam Pomfrey. ''You'd best run off to class.''

Robert nodded, and left. But instead of going to Study of Ancient Runes, he remembered Rain's books, and picked them up for her. Then he took them to the hospital wing and left them by her bed, before going where he was meant to be.

The class had started without him one minute ago.
Pretending not to notice the eyes of his classmates, he sat down and got out his book.

11 Reviews

Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:49 am
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Rain

I sat there in a daze my eyes were so heavy.
"Sorry Robert" I whispered letting sleep take me.
I wandered in and out of consciousness and at some point I was taken to the hospital wing. I finally woke up around time for lunch.
After madame Pomfery scolded me for my stupidity I was allowed to go to lunch.
I felt much better now and thankfully I was not approached by anyone leaving me to my thoughts.

What am I supposed to do now? I asked myself.
He has to know now! Or at least he is close to finding out.
I can't hide it forever. I should just tell him at least then I will be in control.
I can't I just can't.

She forced herself to eat something and smiled for Clara.

At least the full moon will be over tomorrow.

Tonight my transformation would be very mild and I might actually get some sleep.

I need to talk to Clara.

-Greg Bear

99 Reviews

Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:35 pm
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Medora (throughout the day)

"You think your so sly." I smirk at him and he gives me a offended look.
"I am sly." He smiles at me. Instead on answering him I get up onto my tiptoes and plant a kiss on his lips and was about to stand back down when he quietly slipped his fingers in the belt loops of my jeans and holds me there for a second. He breaks away after a few seconds and I feel an electricity buzzing through me. My face tingles and I can't stop smiling. We both focus back on Hagrids lesson but I can't help but look over at Godric a few times. My face warms and I blush a little when he catches me, but his grip on my hand only tightens.

During Ancient Runes class we are just working on an assignment. My feet are on part of Roberts seat next to him and I was stabbing him with my quill for him to tell me if my answer was right.
"Come on Robert. Come on. Come on. Come on." I repeat and the annoyed look on his face was only growing my feeling of accomplishment.
"Yes! You are right." He finally says and I bouncy in my seat excitedly. A piece of paper hitting my shoulder catches my attention and I turn around to see Godric switching seats with some Slytherin so he can sit behind us.
"That's a waste of parchment Godric." I tease.
"It's not a waste of its getting your attention." He says smoothly and a sound from Robert makes me laugh.
"Awww." He says mockingly, pretending to gag. I stab him again with my quill this time a little harder. I turn around to Godric.
"Do you wanna go to the room of requirements tonight? I was thinking I could show you some of those muggle books that I was reading on Friday!" I say excited and Robert turns to look at me.
"Mhm muggle books" he says wiggling his eyebrows and making air quotes. I smack him on the arm no so softly and he laughs at me. I turn back to Godric and he nods.
"Of course." He says and my face brightens.
"I feel bad that we have not ever had an actual date before..." I say looking down.

Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

Reviews: 2
Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:26 pm
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

Gavin Olden Thursday Night

I had an okay time at the study group but couldn't get to sleep for a while. Questions and doubts kept arising inside me and it scared me to think that maybe it wasn't so much my friends as me that had changed. I felt different and confused at this unknown change.

Who was I becoming? I got to sleep around three thirty in the morning after astronomy. Sleep felt so nice but it wasn't necessarily pleasant, my whole dream was about the vision and an occasional glimpse at more than I had seen before, a werewolf, and a dementor. I wondered if the werewolf had anything to do with Robert's comment.

I didn't dream of anything else that night. I stirred back to a woken state when light shone through my eyelids. I had a hard time getting to sleep when it wasn't pitch black. I awoke and looked at a clock on the wall. My eyes widened with dismay it was nearly time for third period meaning I had missed Divination and Care of magical creatures, and If I wasn't fast I would miss transfiguration.

I jumped from bed and ran to my trunk almost tripping. I tore through my possessions and pulled on some clothes. I grabbed my bag from my bed stand and ran through the door and down the stairs. The five minute bell rang and I knew I would be late, my hair was in total disarray. My curly hair was usually very tidy.

The bell rang and I quickened my pace. A clang of noise told me Peeves was close. How could today get- no I probably shouldn't think that. I turned the last corner to see Peeves standing between me and transfiguration. I reached for my wand to see if I could threaten him. But no, my wand wasn't there.

This is why you should never say 'How could things get worse' kids because the universe always proves you wrong.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

59 Reviews

Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:52 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Robert
Friday morning, Study of Ancient Runes

Things were going well. Class was good, but it was always better when you had friends to stab you with quills and throw bits of parchment at each other.

Robert had looked annoyed, and he probably was, but he was really enjoying the company. He'd been a bit shy in his earlier Hogwarts years, and it was only in his third that he had realised what he'd been missing.
He'd only known them for a few days now, but it felt like longer.

He heard the distant voices of Medora and Godric in the background as he was working, making their plans. He blocked them out, and tried to focus more.

This was the part of having friends that he didn't like.
The part where they get together without you.

"Do you wanna go to the room of requirements tonight? I was thinking I could show you some of those muggle books that I was reading on Friday!" Medora had asked Godric with excitement.
"Mhm. Muggle books." Robert had said sarcastically, complete with air quotes.
Medora hit him, and he laughed. He liked that she had a good sense of humour.
Even if his friends made him feel like a third wheel sometimes, they really were good company.

Besides, Robert told himself, it's not their fault that they're perfect for each other, and on top of that, it's none of your business.

Professor Babbling called out that there were only four minutes left to finish their work. The three suddenly realised how behind they were, and started madly scribbling down what they knew about the differences between runic alphabets.

That was when a bottle of ink exploded on all three of them from a desk in front.
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

99 Reviews

Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:40 pm
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Medora
Friday morning, Ancient Runes
When the Professor said that we had only a few minutes left to turn in the assignment we started madly scribbling down the last of our questions. I was about half way through when a loud crash came from in front of us and ink along with broken glass bits came at Robert and I. The ink splatters all over our work and on us, then the glass shards scraped at my face, cutting me like my skin was only butter. We look around and I see Draco in the front row snickering, but he attempts to cover up his smile with a solemn look. He stands up and looks over at the professor.
"I apologize greatly, see I was trying to practice some of my spells and I must've done it incorrectly. I had no intention of harming anyone." The thing about Professor Babbling is she always thinks the good of a student. It would never cross her glass is half full mind that Draco, even him being a Slytherin, would do such a thing. She falls for his little act.
" Ah, yes well maybe you should leave the practices to your own time and not during class. Help them clean it up and clean up their injuries and that will be the end of it." She says sweetly and a cloth floats over along with a box of bandages and other health things. She continues. "You may use the nearest girls bathroom to clean up." She has no issue sending a girl and three boys into a female lavatory, because she knows very well that no one uses that specific bathroom. Due to Moaning Murtle.

Just great I think.

We walk into the bathroom and once the door is closed I turn to Draco.
"What the hell Draco?!" He just continues towards the sinks in the center and opens the box, pulling out alcohol wipes and tweezers to get the glass slivers out. He throws the cloth to Godric who got away with no scratches because Robert and I were sitting in front of him. While glaring at Draco he goes over to the sink beside me and looks at me concerned.
"Are you ok?" He asks and I only nod. He looks like he is about to wipe off some of the stuff from my face when Draco stands in front of him.
"I will get her. You better wash that ink off before it dries, it might stain that pretty little face of yours." They glare at each other.
"Over my dead body."
"I am only doing as the Professor asked." He gives Godric a devilish smile that makes my insides churn, and not in a good way.
"It's fine." I say quietly and I hop up onto the side of the sink so I am up higher and Draco can reach my face easier. He pulls the slivers out and my face stings. He sets his other hand on my thigh to steady himself. He pulls the last of them out and without warning wipes them off with the alcohol wipes. I bite my lip to not cry out. I see Godric out of the corner of my eye, his hair wet and sticking to the front of his face until he combs it back with his fingers. Draco's hand wanders a little higher up and leg as he gets the scratches on the top of my face near my forehead and I move out of the way.
"You can help Robert get the last of the glass out. I'm fine." I say sternly.
"I am fine too." Robert spits out at Draco. If looks could kill.
"Alright. I can see when I am not wanted." He winks at me and continues "Godric, Robert, Medora. Always a pleasure." One Draco walks out of the room i feel better already. Godric walks over and moves a piece of hair away from my face and asks if I am ok again and I nod. I look over at Robert.
"Robert, your ok right?" I ask with concern.
"Yeah I'm good." He says and splashes water onto his face. I turn back to Godric and think about everything, with Draco, and all my life.
"Godric?"
"Yeah?"
"Lets go to the library now. We have never had a first date and with everything that's gone on with me I don't want to wait any longer. They won't miss us in class, and if they do we were injuried and we're cleaning up." I say bravely and hopefully.

Spoiler! :

Cesar Cruiz

59 Reviews

Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:49 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Robert
Friday morning, Myrtle's Bathroom

''For fuck's sake, Godric, just go with her. She needs some time alone with you, and it's the last thing Draco would want to come out of this.'' said Robert.

''But are you really-'' Godric began.

''Yes! I'm fine. Fine. Go.'' Robert said with a little more force than was necessary.

Medora and Godric saw there'd be no arguing with him, and they left.
He was glad that they did. He looked a mess, and he was on the verge of losing his cool.

Robert took off his glasses, which had been splattered with ink.
Scourgify would be the obvious choice of spell for cleaning them, but he had always been afraid of using any spell on his glasses that wasn't Oculus Reparo.

He was thinking it over, wondering wether the glasses repairing spell would also clean them, when Moaning Myrtle passed through him from behind, and the shock made him drop them. He reflexively stepped back, and heard a crunch. He swore.

''What were you all doing in my bathroom?''

Robert got onto his hands and knees, squinting angrily, and picked up the blurry frames.

''Malfoy exploded a bottle of ink all over us. One more stunt like that... I am this close to hexing him.''

Robert pointed his wand at his glasses. ''Oculus Reparo.''
The broken bits of glass flew back into the frames, reforming without any sign that they ever broke.

Robert put them on, and was deeply annoyed to see that the ink had not moved.
He sighed in resignation. ''Scourgify.''

''Why did he do that?'' asked Myrtle curiously.

''He's just a dick to everyone that isn't a sycophant. He's mean to Medora because they're exes, and he's mean to me and Godric because we're her friends.
Why did he break up with her just to follow her around, anyway?
Who bloody does that?''

''People are cruel,'' Moaning Myrtle said in a voice she apparently thought was seductive. ''Why don't you just kill the people that hurt you? and if you fail and they kill you, then you can be a ghost with me, I'll keep you company. I wouldn't throw ink at you.''

Robert blinked at the mirror, making sure the cleaning spell hadn't affected his prescription. It hadn't. ''As tempting as that offer is, no.''

Once Myrtle saw she wouldn't get her way, she sighed loudly and flew away. Not before she circled him a few times, but she flew away all the same.

He was glad to be finally alone. He carefully and painfully removed the last of the glass from his face, and cleaned the cuts. He was tempted to try to use a healing spell on himself, but having no practical experience in that field he thought better of it, and stuck plasters on them instead.

As he did so, he occupied himself by mentally debating what hex he would use on Draco if he bothered him or his friends again.

By the time he had walked out into the hall for lunch, he was thinking about a stinging hex to the face.
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:03 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Lucius Salazar Darkflame

Friday Morning, After Breakfast

Luke strode down the halls, humming a tune. He was thinking happily about getting to see the magical creatures again in Care of Magical Creatures. Granted, they wouldn't be working with flobberworms, but there were plenty of other animals in the woods to see while there. He enjoyed working with them more than anything.

But then he noticed three people in front of him, and the tune died in his throat. Draco, Luke's cousin and former friend, stood along with his goons Crabbe and Goyle, blocking his way. And Draco was staring right at him, an annoying smirk on his lips.

"Hello, Cousin." he said with a mischievous grin. "I was wondering if you could do me a favour."

Luke eyed him warily. He had known Draco practically since he was born, and could tell when he was up to something. "What do you want, Draco?" he asked.

"Well..." said Draco thoughtfully, "Information, I think, is the best way to put it. On my old girlfriend, Medora. You remember her, I'm sure. She's been hanging out with your friend, Godric, recently. Perhaps you can find out what she's doing?"

Luke snorted. "You lost her, did you? Well, that's on you. I'm not spying on anyone for you."

Draco was taken aback. "But we're family!" he protested.

"Never mattered much to you before." Luke reminded him. "I think that all you see your relatives as are as prank targets."

Draco smiled at the memory. "You mean like when I sneezed on your cupcakes on your 5th Birthday and told you it was icing?"

Crabbe and Goyle chuckled, as did a few passersby. Several stopped, and a small crowd started to form around them.

"Think that's funny, cousin?" muttered Luke, doing his best to stay calm. 'Well, I'm sure they'd be interested to hear about how I put dragon scale dust iin your hair while you slept so it all fell out."

The circle around them laughed openly at that, and Draco blushed in embarassment. "Well, if we're talking about all our sources of shame. How about dating a mud blood and hanging about with that idiot Potter? Everyone knows he hates Slytherins, which would include your parents. And I heard you 'accidentally' put our cousin in St. Mungo's . That would make you a blood traitor, now wouldn't it? In fact, it-"

"Not. Another. Word." hissed Luke, before taking a deep breath to calm himself. It was hard to get Luke rattled, but Draco was managing it. "Or else I'll tell them." he warned.

'Tell them wha-" started Draco but then he turned pale as he realized what Luke was referring to. "You wouldn't." he protested, in a whisper so low that only Luke could hear.

Luke's face remained impassive. "Try me." he challenged, in the same voice.

Draco's faced turned even paler as he whispered, "But that's not fair, there hasn't been an incident in over three years."

Luke grinned. "Doesn't change the fact that you're a bed wetter." he replied softly.

Draco shook his head, and snatched out his wand with his good arm. "Alright, I'm done with insults then. How about we settle this the old way?"

"Fine with me!" replied Luke, calmly pulling out his own wand. Twelve inches of ash wood, with a Dragon heartstring core, the wand had never failed him. And he was certain that it would do the same for him today.

Both took a couple of steps back, and the crowd circle widened, ready for the duel. Luke and Draco stood facing each other, wands out, each preparing to move. Tension filled the air.

With the speed of a viper, Draco struck first. "Stupefy!" he snapped, slicking his wand forward.

"Protega!" responded Luke quickly, and the bolt of magic struck his shield and rebounded, forcing Draco to dodge his own spell.

"Bombarda!" growled Draco, and Luke leaped nimbly to the side as the spell hit the ground where he hat just been, exploding, sending a small shock wave which caused Luke to fall to his knees. Draco sprinted towards him, ready to deliver a finishing blow, but Luke just managed to shoot back with a "Serpensortia!" and a cobra flew out from his wand and landed at Draco's feet.

Draco jumped back with a screech, and hopped around several times, dodging the serpent, until he managed to stun it with a spell.

But this gave Luke enough time to regain his footing and, as Draco finsihed dealing with the snake, Luke called out "Deprimo!". Powerful gusts of flew from the tip of his wand, blasting Draco back to land on his rear.

Taking advantage of his stunned cousin, Luke leaped towards him, and snapped his wand forward, yelling "Incendio!" and sent a jet of orange flame blasting straight towards his opponent's face.

Draco just recovered his wits in time to yell "Aguamenti!", and water blasted from his wand to make contact with the flames, instantly creating hot steam, most of it in Draco's face, as he was too close to their point of contact. In that second, Luke snapped to his senses and realized what he had just done in the heat of battle. He peered anxiously through the steam to see how his cousin had fared.

When the steam cleared, Luke noticed with relief that Draco's hands were covering his face-but his forehead and backs of his hands were comically red, signifying first degree burns. When he brought down his arms, he was glaring at Luke.

"You'll pay for that, cousin." spat Draco, staggering to his feet.

"Well, actually, you'll both be paying." said a voice, and both turned to see Professor McGonagall striding towads them, the crowd parting before her until she stood right in front of the two boys.

"Twenty points to be exact." she added, her eyes moving rapidly between them. "From each of your houses. Dueling in the halls is absolutely forbidden. I thought I could expect more from third years."

Both lowered their heads from her harsh gaze. "Now," she muttered. "Draco, you will head to Madame Pomfrey so she can put some salve on those burns. And Luke, I'm sure you have a class?"

Luke nodded and continued his journey down the hall, making sure to elbow Draco along the way.

----

Luke and Clara were paired up in Care of Magical Creatures class, and would be raising flobberworms together. Flobberworms, being one of the few magical animals that failed to interest Luke, seemed like a boring project. But at least he had been paired up with Clara. She was easy to work with, and he had known her since first year when he started hanging out with Harry and his friends.

Right after being sorted, they separated into their pairs to look after their new pets. Luke quickly noticed that Ckara didn't seem at all well. She was shaking a bit, and her face looked bright red.

"You okay?" he asked, concerned.

Clara smiled lightly in what looked like a nervous manner and muttered quickly, "Ya, I'm fine, it's just...so warm."

"Oh, okay." replied Luke, looking up. They were in a spot beyond the shade of the trees. Luke quickly removed his jacket and put it over a cuple of bare outstretched branches above, casting shade over them.

"Better?" he asked. She nodded vigorously, but only seemed to turn redder. What's up with her? Luke wondered. [i]I hope she's okay.[/i. He continued to take care of the flobberworms, but his concerns were more for Clara than them.

----

Later that day, Luke was walking along the halls to his next class when he heard a voice say, "Psst!". He turned but saw no one.

He started to move onward but then he heard it again. "Wait! Turn to your right."

Luke looked around suspiciously. There was no one visible but he turned. All that was there was a table and a vase of flowers and water. Luke was about to walk off, when suddenly a face rose from the vase's water.

"Myrtle!" exclaimed Luke with surprise. "What are you doing here?"

Myrtle looked from side to side, then whispered, "I had to warn you. I saw someone in my bathroom after you left. I think they might have overheard us."

A chill travelled down Luke's spine. If someone knew, then it could mean the very worst. At the least he would be expelled. At most, he might be sent to Azkaban.

"Can you tell me who they were" asked Luke quietly,

Myrtle shook her head. "No, I didn't manage to see their face. But you should be careful."

Luke gulped, then nodded. "Okay. Thanks for the warning, Myrtle." She smiled and dove back into the vase, splattering water droplets everywhere. Luke then stumbled off on his way to his next class. He had a lot to think about.
Last edited by LordZeus on Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

59 Reviews

Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:02 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Robert
Third period

A Gryffindor with dark hair approached Robert on the way to Defense Against the Dark Arts.
''Hey, haven't I seen you before? You're a friend of Godric's too, right?''

He composed himself. ''Yes. I'm Robert Griffiths.''
''I'm Luke.''
He paused, looking at the plasters on Robert's face with concern.
''What happened to your face?''

Robert scoffed. ''Malfoy thought it would be clever to make an ink bottle explode at Medora, Godric and me, back in Study of Ancient Runes. Whatever you hear, he did do it on purpose.''
Despite the annoyance conveyed in his tone, he was glad to have a chance to tell someone this.

''That's hard. Are you okay?''

''Please, Malfoy doesn't faze me.'' Robert claimed, through a veil of reserved confidence. ''I can deal with him. If he bothers us again, I'll hex him where he stands.''

Luke gave a nod of understanding. ''I don't blame you for wanting to. I cursed him this morning.''

Robert was impressed. ''Did you? I hope you got him good.''

Marcus Flint, the Slytherin Quidditch Captain called out to him as he was passing by.
''Hey Griffiths, nice bandages. Your face has never looked better. Keep your nose in Draco's business, you might need some more!''

Robert tensed for a second. His brows tightened, and his mouth twitched.

Luke noticed this. ''Are you sure you're okay?''

Robert quickly relaxed his features. ''It's not a big deal, he talks to everyone like that. It doesn't bother me.''

Luke didn't look convinced. Robert changed the subject.
''We should get to Lupin's class. Today's one of the last days we're doing Boggarts before we move on, and I cannot wait to beat one.''

They entered the class together, and joined the others in the line up to the wardrobe.
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Veni, vidi, scripsi ~ I came, I saw, I wrote
— steampowered