Young Writers Society

Hogwarts Students and The Years We Lived with Harry Potter

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:13 pm
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Rain

I raised my furry head toward the ceiling that looked like the sky. Stars sparkled and the moon shone brightly.
This is the last night! I thought happily.
It was nearly morning now and the moon was beginning to decend in the sky. I thought of my bed and finally being able to sleep in it.
Professor Lupin walked over to me and gestured toward the sky with his head. He had taught me how to predict the moon cycles by looking at the sky.
I felt my return to humanity beginning and I stood up on my paws. Wearily I arched my back and endured my joints cracking one last time. I grimaced as my ears shot back into my head and my jaw bones crunched. I felt my dark hair drop across my face and finally my legs snapped back into position.
My transformation was complete.
I stood up and rubbed my aching joints. Lupin hobbled over to me and sat me down on the ground.
"Here let me show you" he said taking my hands and helping me massage my legs.
"This works the best" he muttered massaging his own joints.
I looked at him for a while wondering if I should ask the question that had been haunting me.
"Professor..." I started. "Were you ever scared of hurting people?"
He raised his eyes and thought for a moment. "Every day of my life" he whispered. "But Rain you can't think like that. It will destroy you."
I nodded and stood up to stretch.
"Thank you" I called behind me as I left the room of requirement.
It was still dark in the corridors. I pulled out my wand and muttered "lumos" lighting my path.
I wondered if I was strong enough to fly up to the Ravenclaw tower, anything was better than walking up those steps. I took a bite of the chocolate I had stashed in my pocket and decided to try it.
Heisitantly I placed my wand on the floor and made sure there was nobody nearby.
I closed my eyes and and concentrated willing feathers to sprout from my arms forming my wings. It took a little longer than usual but after a few seconds I had completely morphed into an owl.
I happily chirped and hopped toward my wand. I grabbed it in my talons and spread my wings wide flying through the halls.
I decided to fly down the stairs to find an open window to bypass the riddle that normally awaited me at the top of Ravenclaw tower. As I glided past the dungeons the door suddenly opened bumping my wing and nearly sending my to the ground. I landed and preened my feathers for a minute but before I could take off again Draco Malloy emerged from the dungeon followed closely by his thugs. I hopped into the shadows and hoped he wouldn't see me.
I was almost safe until somebody started petting me. I looked up in confusion to see Crabbe rubbing one of his beefy fingers across my head. Annoyed I squeaked at him to try to communicate my discomfort. This only alerted Draco of my presence.
"What are you doing Crabbe?" He asked irritated at his henchman.
"I found an owl" Crabbe answered picking me up and holding me much too tight. I squaked in terror at tried to bite him but he was holding my head and my talons.
"What's an owl doing here this early in the morning?" Draco asked.
"Dunno" Crabbe said dumbly.
"Make it fly" someone shouted.
Crabbe threw me into the air and I gladly took off flying. I would have gotten away if Draco hadn't shot me down with a charm. I hit the ground hard and tried to get away but I was too slow. Malfoy picked me up and handed me back to Crabbe. "I don't care what you do with it but at least find out what it is doing here before it escapes" he instructed his incompetent servants.
Boy am I screwed!
Just then the door to the dungeons opened.
Please help!
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:00 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Godric Lovegood

The sudden spark in Medora's eyes had lead me to follow her out of the room. Her rebel side was leaking out, no wonder I liked her. No wonder I had that pull toward her, that rebel side was what we had in common.

She lead me to the library, aka, The Room of Requirement. I sighed once the door disappeared behind us and the soft glow of the fireplace lit up the room. Her hand was in mine and she squeezed it, the sound of the fire crackling put a smile on my face. I faced her, letting my heart race.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey," She replied with a twinkle in her eyes.

One thing lead to another and we were on the couch in front of the fireplace. We were both sitting, our mouths inseparable. I pulled off my cardigan, noticing hers was already gone and that the buttons on her shirt were unbuttoned.

I pulled her close, pressing my lips against hers. She ran her hands down my chest then pulled away, my heart stopped for a moment.

"We, we can't do this yet." She sighed, meeting my eyes.

"I know." I smiled. "We can wait."

A smile pinched her red cheeks. "I'm really happy you're okay with this."

"Of course I am, Medora. I can't force you to do something you're not ready for."

She scooted back a bit, buttoning up her shirt. The red in her cheeks got even redder as she looked away from me. I moved her chin over to face me and smiled at her.

"What is it?"

"Have you... already done it?"

"Sex?"

Nodding, she pulled on her cardigan. "Yeah,"

"No, you?"

"No,"

I pulled on my own cardigan and got comfortable on the couch with her in my arms. We just watched the fire crackle as we lied there, eventually falling asleep.

I awoke to the sun blinding my eyes. Medora was asleep on me, snoring softly. I smiled down at her and shook her awake. She lifted her head, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand.

"Hey there Medora, ready for some breaky?" I winked.

She giggled, "I cannot believe we fell asleep here." there was a pause when her laughing stopped and she looked at me with wide eyes.

"We didn't go to our Common Rooms. What of they are looking for us?"

"Calm down." I placed my hands on her shoulders. "We are fine,"
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

267 Reviews

Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:06 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Clara Black

I cannot believe that Luke was my partner in class. I knew we were friends and everything, but he chose to sit next to me. I didn't need him to know that I had liked him Especially that he and Hermione had relations. She would never approve, even if he did have feelings for me. What he did to her... it would only allow friendship. She still hasn't fully gained his trust.

We were in DADA, my favourite class. Lupin had us line up in front of a wardrobe. The class was full of chatter as we waited for him to explain what was going on. I was just being Hermione and she faced me, her eyes wide.

"I just saw Luke walk in with Robert," She whispered.

I turned around and saw them join the back of the line. Luke looked over, meeting eyes with Hermione. I swallowed hard, longing for him to look at me like that someday. I faced Hermione once again and sighed.

"I promise you he is not going rouge."

"How can you promise that?" She ran her hand through her hair.

My heart skipped a beat, "Look at the way he looks at you 'Mione." I paused, looking at him again, but he was looking at Professor Lupin now. "He looks at you differently than before."

She sighed, "That doesn't matter,"

"He apologized and is working on himself, what more do you want?" I smiled. "He's really trying to be your friend again."

"What more do I want? My time back! I want the time I wasted on him back." There was a rise of tension in her voice. She looked down at her chest and we both knew what she was thinking about. "If only I could use that." Her voice got steady.

I felt tingles go down my spine, "Don't we all."

We went through the class, excited to fight our worst fears. But once Harry had got to the wardrobe, ready to cast a spell on the Boggart. But Professor Lupin stepped in front of him and the Boggart turned into a full moon. My stomach flip flopped as I thought of the time he and Rain were with Snape.

I looked around the class and spotted Rain. Her skin had a little more colour today and she let a smile play on her face. I excused myself from Hermione and walked over to her. She was chatting with Robert.

"Hey guys." I smiled.

"Clara, how are you?" Robert had asked me.

"Alright, just wish I could've had a Boggart to defeat."

"Me too, I was really excited." Rain said.

"Too bad Potter ruined it for us." Robert huffed.

I met eues with Rain and smiled, feeling my heart race. She looked well, like she could finally breathe.

"Can I speak with Rain for a sec?" I asked Robert.

"Yeah, sure." He said and walked away from us.

I pulled her into a tight hug and she wrapped her arms around me, as tight as she could. I shut my eyes for a moment, appreciating that she was okay.

"I like Luke and Hermione hates him and she's one of my best friends. And you're healthy and okay and I'm so happy you can feel like yourself again but being a werewolf is being you too and we will learn how to handle it all." I said very quickly as we pulled away from each other. "You're my best friend too and I'll be there for you."

"So, Luke?" She giggled.
Last edited by Nike on Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:22 pm
SirenCymbaline says...

Robert
Friday, just after DADA class

Robert was a little disappointed that he didn't get to face the Boggart that day like he had hoped, but the class was still definitely enlightening. He liked to learn by watching people. He found there were many mistakes in life that you never had to make if you had already watched somebody else do it.

His mood was lightened by Rain, who asked him how he was doing after class.
His smile was genuine when he assured her the plasters on his face were nothing to fuss over. ''I'm going to go to Madam Pomfrey before the day is over so I won't need them. Really, the only thing that bothers me is the way they look.''

Rain grinned, and he paused.

''I just sounded incredibly vain, didn't I?'' he said, a little sheepishly.

Rain shook her head in quiet laughter. Then Clara came over to say hello.
They talked about the class for a bit, and then she took Rain aside.
Robert looked on for a second, envying the closeness that the two friends had.
He quickly turned and left them.

Saturday, at a ridiculous hour of the morning

Robert was aroused by the squawks of an owl, and a shout of 'Make it fly.'
It was still dark.
He put on his glasses, and got up to see what idiot was bullying an owl at such an ungodly hour.

He saw the shapes of Crabbe and Goyle flanking the comparatively miniscule form of Draco Malfoy. Perhaps he thought having big friends to back him up made him look like he was important. Robert thought it made him look short.
He was not one to talk, as he was actually among the shorter boys of the third year. But that hardly mattered.

He was alive with anger when he got a better look at the owl, and identified it as his own.
From a short distance, before he was noticed, he muttered 'Relashio' at Crabbe.
He was forced to let go, and the owl flew out of his hands, scratching his face on the way out of the door.
Robert then threw a stinging hex at Malfoy's face for good measure.
He allowed himself a malicious little smile as his enemy's cheeks swelled with deliciously painful looking red marks.
''You'll regret that, you swine! My father will hear of thi-'' Malfoy spat in anger.

But Robert left him before he could even finish. It amused him, imagining the brat gaping indignantly at being walked out on before he was done making threats.

He closed the door behind him, and called out to the owl, who was perching on a windowsill, regaining her bearings.
This was a secret, but whenever alone with his owl, he was prone to using baby talk, as a Muggle would around a puppy or a kitten.

''Pip? Babyyy? did he hurt yooou? Don't worry, I hexed him good. And you scratched Crabbe in the face, you little angel, I'm so proud of youuu.'' he said in an uncharacteristically cutesy voice.

He was cuddling and petting the owl, who was taking it with a sort of confused acceptance.

After a moment of this, he noticed that the owl was holding a wand.
In his regular voice, he said ''Pip? what are you doing with a wand? You can't just go taking people's things like that.'' From his tone of reproach, it sounded like Pip was a regular troublemaker. ''Now we have to give it back. Tell me, where did you get it from?''

She just looked him in the face, and hooted. Then she flew away.
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:51 pm
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Medora

Robert was very insistent on us going and that relived some of my anxiety and Godric and I headed towards the room of requirements. It wasn't long before I was on the couch and he was leading me there. His kisses were soft and uncertain, like he didn't want to hurt me, but grew hungrier. His hands meandered on my back and I knew I had to stop it, even though part of me didn't want to. My body buzzes with a kind of electricity that was wild and untamed. My heart fluttered when he was ok that I wanted to take this slower and we eventually just lay there silently. I picked out some of my favorite muggle stories and read them quietly, just loud enough for him and I to hear over the crackling fire. I set the book down and eventually fell asleep. My head on his chest listening to the steady beat of his heart.

I woke up to Godric softly shaking my shoulder. He smiles and that was the greatest feeling in the world. I would give up everything to be able to go to sleep beside him and wake up with his face smiling down on me. I feel that familiar flutter in my stomach and he turns to me.
"Hey there Medora, ready for some break." He winks at me and I manage a small giggle.
"I cannot believe we fell asleep here..." Then I realize since we slept here we never went to our common rooms. "We didn't go to our Common Rooms. What if they were looking for us?" Paranoia floods me.
"Calm down. We are fine." He says placing his hands on my shoulder. He gives me a small kiss and I kiss him back. "And that was good morning, since we seemed to skip that." He says smartly and kisses me again.
"I like that kinda good morning." I say shyly and I put my sweater on over my shirt. It was chilly in here since the fire was out.

We head to our rooms to change and freshen up before we see everyone at breakfast. Once I enter the Slytherin Common Room I see Draco with his trolls. He grins at the sight of me and walks over.
"So, I heard that you were a naughty little girl and didn't show up to her room last night. I also heard that a certain Ravenclaw friend of yours didn't either. " He says smiling, because he knows he's got be backed into a corner I will have to lie to get out of, but Robert walks by and saves me.
"They were with me studying, that was why I was out and about when I happened to run into you in the corridor." When he says that Draco's face becomes a little less pale. He doesn't say anything else and Robert and I take that as our exit.

When we get into the main hall breakfast smells amazing and I gorge myself on a stack of pancakes, drowning in maple syrup. A guy bumps my shoulder and I recognize him from the study group he turns to me.
"Luke right?" I ask.
Proud Reader of Banned Books

Answer to life, the universe, and everything: 42

Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:17 am
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Lucius Salazar Darkflame

Saturday Morning, Breakfast time

Luke replied to Medora, "Yes, that's right. I'm your crazy ex-boyfriend's cousin, I thought you'd know my name for sure by now."

She chuckled.at that and Godric leaned in from the other side of her and said, "Hey, Luke. How've things been?"

Luke smiled slightly. "Oh, you know, the usual. Classes, Quidditch practice...dueling in the halls with my maniacal obsessive twat of a relative."

"Wait, you dueled with Draco?" asked Medora.

Luke nodded. "He wanted me to spy on you and Godric and got angry when I refused. I'd be wary, if I were you."

"I can handle Draco." Said Godric forcefully. "He's no real threat."

"Don't underestimate him." warned Luke. "Draco may not be brave or tough, but he's crafty and cunning, and I'm willing to bet he's plotting something. Be careful."

"Oh, Draco's just a crybaby." said a voice from the other side of Luke. He turned to see Fred and George sitting next to him.

"What are you guys doing here?" asked Luke, surprised.

"You're here at the Ravenclaw table, so we have an excuse to be here." said Fred.

"It also gives us a chance to see out latest job in action." said George, gesturing at the Slytherin table.

Luke grinned. He loved watching those. "What have you done this time?"

George replied. "Well, let's just say that their pumpkin juice isn't really pumpkin juice."

"It looks like pumpkin juice, and tastes at first like pumpkin juice but then they'll discover it's not pumpkin juice. We did that with a spell." Added Fred. "We kind of switched their serving cauldron before it was brought in."

And as they watch, Draco took a long draught from his goblet, and then turned greenish and there up, right over the table. Many laughed, including many Slytherins, but that started to change when other Slytherins started throwing up too.

The Great Hall burst into laughter, as the teachers scrambled to take control of the situation.

"What did you give them?" asked Luke with a laugh.

"Nothing special." replied Fred, chuckling. "Just flobberworm mucus, mixed with water."

At that moment, Robert walked in the hall, and stopped and stared at the Slytherins. Luke chuckled as he saw the expression on his face as he came towards them, never taking his eyes off his ill compatriots.

When he reached, Godric welcomed him. "Hey Robert, where've you been?"
he asked.

"In...in the bathroom." He replied, staring as the Slytherins were herded up and led out of the hall by the teachers, probably to Madame Pomfrey's. "What did I miss?" he asked.

----

Saturday, Care of Magical Creatures Class

In Care of Magical Creatures, Clara and Luke wore long gloves as they shifted over their young Flobberworms carefully, giving each a pile of lettuce. It was a normal Autumn day, and Luke marvelled at the colours of the forest. Gold, bronze, red, copper...He loved the time of year.

Suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a copper leaf flutter in the wind and get stuck in Clara's hair, and he turned to her.

Noticing him looking at her, Clara started to turn pink again and asked, "What is it?"

"There's a leaf stuck in your hair." he replied, and reached up and brushed it off.

"There." he said approvingly and turned again to the flobberworms.

"Sorry, I must look a mess." muttered Clara.

"Nah." replied Luke, and he glanced at Clara as he took a flobberworm from her and put it on a freshly prepared pile of lettuce. "You look cute." She does too. he thought to himself quietly. And that's hard to do, given what we're doing.

Clara turned bright crimson and turned, focusing on the flobberworms again. Noting the sign, Luke started to wonder. Does she...like me? but he quickly dismissed the thought. If she did, I'd have noticed it before. and he refocused himself on their slimy wards.

-----

Saturday, beginning of DADA class

Luke quickly got in line along with the others to face the Boggart, finding himself right behind Ron and in front of Hermione.

"Hey Hermione." He said, hoping to at least get her attention. When she didn't respond, he added, "Aren't you excited to see what form the Boggart will take for you?"

Hermione narrowed her eyebrows at him and growled, "Well, maybe it'll turn into you, breaking up with me after being perfectly happy dating me for SIX MONTHS!" She leaned forward with every word, forcing Luke to lean back from her fury. And he would've fallen over if Ron hadn't caught him and pushed him back up. He then turned around, feeling a little depressed.

Well, at least she's talking to me now. He thought to himself. Progress?

But his lane of thought stopped when Ron said, "I can't wait to face the Boggart."

"Didn't you face it already?" asked Luke.

"Yeah, but I was slow." he replied. "Lupin said I should go again. I've got a new way to deal with it now."

Luke nodded as the line moved quickly, until Ron stood facing it. The boggart once again took the form of a giant spider, and Ron swallowed but called out, "Riddikulus!" and spider was suddenly wearing roller skates on all it's legs and it started skidding l, and everyone laughed.

Then Luke stepped up, and the Boggart transformed again, and suddenly Luke was looking at himself. That's weird He thought. But then it started to change, parts of himself developing scales, one of his eyes turned the Amber of his Dragon side, and a forked tongue flicked in and out of his mouth.

Luke stood, frozen with fear as he watched himself start to turn. But the scariest thing was that he remained that way, not transforming fully, but remaining a half and half freakish monster. And the creature smiled at him.

It represented all of his fear and emotions. That's what I am. he thought. A freak. Luke had never felt so terrified of anything in his life. His legs turned to jelly and he fell to the ground.

The last thing he heard before blacking out was a voice, which sounded like Hermione's, calling out, "Luke! Someone get help!"

267 Reviews

Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:49 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Godric Lovegood

Breakfast - Saturday

Luke had approached the Ravenclaw table with a scowl on his face. He told me about Draco and I informed him the he had nothing to worry about. But he was nice enough to warn me... I needed more people like that.

We were looking over at the Slytherin table, unable to contain our laughter as we watched them vomit up their breakfasts. Oh my, Fred and George Weasey at their finest. Medora was grabbing onto my arm, trying to hold herslef up as she laughed.

"What did you give them?" Luke asked whilst laughing.

"Nothing special." Fred replied with a smile. "Just flobberworm mucus, mixed with water."

I caught sight of Robert walking over to us. As he walked between tables, he took a look at the Slytherin table. His face dropped as he approached us. I haven't seen him since last night.

"Hey Robert, where've you been?" I asked.

"In... in the bathroom." He said, still staring at the Slytherins. Our Professors went over to them, sending them out, probably to Madame Pomfrey. "What did I miss?" he asked us.

I cleared my throat, "Well, you missed the Weasley Twins throwing something spectacular." I smiled.

Fred laughed, "Oh Robert, you should've been here."

George had cut him off, "Or not... who knows. He could've ended up like the rest."

DADA Class

Once again our class was at it, fighting our Boggart. My class was with the Hufflepuffs', and too back, I wish I had Medora and Robert here.

I stood in line just in front of the wardrobe. The students were chatting amongst each other about the other classes that defeated the Boggart. I heard something about Harry Potter and Pavarti Patil. I couldn't wait to see what mine would turn into.

Just as I came up to the wardrobe, Professor Lupin gave me a smile. He waved his wand around, showing me how I were to cast the spell.

"You wil raise your wand and cry 'Riddikulus'. Concentrate hard on what would make your biggest fear less fearful, alright Godric?" He explained. "You have a fascinating name, surprised you aren't in Gryffindor."

I smirked back at him, "I had the same thought at The Sorting Hat, Professor."

He chuckled and waved the wand at the wardrobe. "Ready?" I nodded and he let out the Boggart.

It transformed from the last creature it was to a Death Eater. And not just any Death Eater, one that send tingles down my spine and sweat down my forehead. It was a man, a man I knew to be the one that killed my uncle when I was just six years old. He threatened my family, but we managed to escape. It was a slight tinge of luck.

Swallowing hard, I heard the whole class gasp behind me. I stuck my wand up, took a deep breath, and imagined him as Draco Malfoy's bigger twin. That's someone I could take.

"Riddikulus!" I spat out.

The Boggart started to transform before my eyes, white hair started sprouting on his head. I smiled as I'm met with a smirking Draco.

Potions

Snape was droning around the class, shutting up anyone who spoke, especially about Defense Against the Dark Arts. I stared at my beakers, watching the foam rise from the purple liquid. It stopped rising just at the top. I swallowed hard and looked through my book, finding out I had to add werewolf fur. Where was I supposed to find that?

"Is there a problem, Mr. Lovegood?" Snape had asked from behind me, dragging each word unnecessarily.

My heart skipped a beat as I swallowed hard, looking up at him. "No Professor, everything is fine."

"I'd presume so." His lips went into a tight line as he walked away, bothering other students.

267 Reviews

Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:06 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Clara Black

Care of Magical Creatures

Stupid, stupid Clara! I couldn't get myself from blushing because I was so pale. Oh Luke probably thinks I'm a freak for blushing every time he spoke. Why did he have to call me cute? Does he, maybe... no, he does not. Does he like me?

I placed a flobberworm on a lettuce bed and watched it slowly chomp away at the food. Hagrid was at the front of the class with his sad smile, speaking with Harry and Ron. I looked back at our table and noticed the Luke was watching the worms and jotting down some notes.

"So, how have you been Luke?" I grew some confidence, he was my friend, I should speak to him like one, not sit here silently.

His eyes met mine as he smiled, "Clara has a voice!"

I chuckled in reply, "Surprising, I know."

"And to answer your question, I'd say I've seen better days... but these are the better days. No matter how bad it gets, I'd rather be in this situation than what I had to deal with in the past."

"Very insightful," I smiled. "But I understand you... give 'Mione some time. She is very very stubborn."

He sighed, "I know,"

DADA Class

I rushed to the front of the class, my heart racing. Hermione was sitting next to Luke, who was lying on the floor after he had fainted. Her eyes were wide and frantic as she noticed me.

"Cl-Clara, help me."

I took in a deep breath, "Professor Lupin is getting Madame Pomfrey, she will be here soon."

My heart broke at the way she was looking at Luke. Am I jealous of my best friend? Yes, yes I am. But I do not want to be. I've known her all my life, I can't let a boy, no matter how cute I thought he was, come between us. If she ever knew that I had liked him, I don't know what she'd do. She is Hermione Granger after all.

Just a few minutes later, the class was a buzzing around us, questioning what had happened. Madame Pomfrey came over and took Luke with her on a floating stretcher. I pulled Hermione into a hug and let her squeeze me as tightly as she wanted to. Ron and Harry approached us cautiously.

"Now 'Mione is worried about him." Ron huffed.

Both Harry and I cringed, knowing what could provoke Hermione from that statement. She pulled away from me and glared at Weasley.

"Just because I am angry with him does not mean I suddenly stopped caring for him!" She hissed.

I looked around the class and saw Robert in the corner, looking over at us beyond the full class. I smiled at him and was about to approach him when Professor Lupin interrupted the loud classroom.

"Obviously the class is over, everyone go back to your Common Rooms. You will be informed about what happened to Luke soon enough." He paused, "You do still have an assignment, read up on Boggarts! Next class we will face them again."

I sighed, grabbing my things.

"Hey, Clara." Harry approached me.

"Yeah?" I asked, taking my books.

"Go with 'Mione to Luke. I don't want her to be alone... she won't want him to see just her there, if you know what I mean. She doesn't want to be with him and he will get the wrong idea, alright?"

I smiled up at him, "Do not fret, my good friend. I will be there."

Reviews: 2
Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:38 pm
View Likes
ty7lucky says...

Gavin Olden DADA

Throughout the day I try to stay unnoticed wishing I had a spell that made me invisible to everyone but the teachers. It was almost Halloween. I avoided everyone trying to sit in the corner.
I wait in line for my turn against the boggart. Someone steps forward being at the front of the line and the boggart transforms. It turns into a death eater. "Ridikulus"
The menacing form transforms into a smirking Draco Malfoy. More step up to confront their fears. And before I know it I'm at the front of the line what will I see?
The bog hart hesitates a second before transforming. It becomes me but not quite it has dark hateful eyes and red marks across it's face as though scratched by a hipogryph a hundred times. It has black eyes and bruises and tears in it's shirt.
I realize this is what I feared what I had become or done to receive such hatred from previous friends. My head buzzed. The scratches had been from the vision. I start to hyperventilate. Words from Proffesor Lupin become fuzzy and distant. My mind leaves my body and dull pain is experienced as I hit the ground. I am standing in a grove of trees a voice whispers, " The boy who lived come to die."
The scene changes and I see a body fall from the tower used for astronomy. I see another vision myself hands covering my face and my body rising up and down in silent crying. I realize, it's not always good to face your fears
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:15 am
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Rain
Saturday morning

I flapped away from Robert quickly hoping he hadn't recognized my wand.

You little angel??? Pip baby???
Robert sure loves his owl.

I laughed to myself.

He did save me from those goons though.

I found myself liking Robert significantly more than I did yesterday.

My entire day had improved now that my transformation cycle was over. I found myself humming during our dueling class, a muggle song I hadn't thought of in a while. Smiling to myself I played out the tune in my head and performed a little concert.

Here comes the sun doo doo doo doo here comes the sun and I say, it's alright.

Snape must have noticed my joy because he called me up to duel. Unfortunately for him I would not satisfy his need to make everyone miserable today.
I strolled merrily onto the dueling platform and awaited my opponent. Lupin checked to be sure I was alright and I waved him off. Nothing was going to ruin my day.
Snape selected a sixth year student and we began to count to ten. The moment we were finished the sizzling spell flying from my wand disarmed him winning me the duel.
Obviously annoyed by how simple it was Snape selected me another student to duel. Once again I sent a spell crackling off my wand to swoosh into the older student. The clatter of wands hitting the ground and spells exploding like fireworks was all that could be heard until Lupin told me to sit down.
He was grinning and out of breath from laughing so hard at the look on Snape's face. Grinning myself I returned to my seat and began my concert again.
The dueling continued for the next hour. Student after student put their abilities to the test. Humming happily to myself I sat back and watched the progress of my peers.
Beside me a group of third years stirred and caught my attention among them was Gavin.

What is he up to?
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:14 am
SirenCymbaline says...

Robert
Saturday Dueling Class

Robert was watching with great interest as his classmates performed a variety of jinxes, hexes and charms on each other.
He saw practically everyone he knew from Study Group compete, including Rain, who had two wins in a row. Then Gavin Olden from Hufflepuff came forth to duel with Luke Darkflame.

While waiting for the dueling platform to open up, Robert noticed Godric beside him, and asked him how his Potions class went.
''Eventful. But it was nothing I couldn't handle with a Conjuration spell.''
Robert listened with avid interest and admiration as Godric described what he had done. Once he had finished, Robert realised that Gavin and Luke were stepping down from the platform, and wondered who had won.

''What do you say to a duel between friends?'' asked Godric.
Robert's smile was slightly nervous, but it was genuine. ''Sure, sounds like fun.''

Robert stood up on one end of the dueling platform, and Godric was on the other.

They bowed, and walked ten paces away from each other.
The second Lupin said 'Go', they turned.

''Depulso!''

A burst of red light from Godric's wand threw Robert to the end of the platform.
He got back up, chuckling softly. ''Good one.''

He cried ''Immobulus!'', sending a burst of freezing blue light in Godric's way.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

Reviews: 2
Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:12 pm
ty7lucky says...

Saturday afternoon
I woke in bed after the new prophecy. I had never had this much foresight before, Maybe I should thank my new made enemies I thought bitterly. I looked at the watch at my bed stand and realized gleefully that I still could make it to the dueling class.

I wanted to forget about all I had seen. I grabbed my wand which still paint carelessly spatters on it from peeves. I ran quickly to the great hall were a duelling table was set up and students crowded around it wishing for a turn to fight. I looked over to see a crowd of hufflepuffs laughing in a crowd and avoided them. The girls and older students were still nice even a couple of guys from 3rd year but I didn't want to take my chances. I looked over to see Luke duelling a ravenclaw student. I wanted to duel so I went to ask Professor Lupin if I could go next. I knew that Luke was better than me at charms. I never practiced any. I barely passed with skill. I got most of the spells right in charms but never did super well.

I waited as Luke sent stupify hissing towards the boy. He flew backward got up and stepped of the dueling table. This year would be so much better than with Lockhart. I stepped on to the carpet and we bowed to each other

Luke sent a spell that hit me with a crack. I was sent flying backwards stunned. When I finally got back to my feet I yelled out, "Tarentallegra!" The spell hummed as it raced in yellow light towards him. As it hit him his legs would start moving uncontrollably then stopping and starting again. It was as though my spell couldn't decide whether to work or not. In between spurts of awkward dance he said calmly and confidently. " Petrificus total us" It snapped as it came towards me striked me sending me as stiff as a board to the ground.

Lupin countered the spell and I got up and shook Luke's hand. " I can't wait until the quidditch match."

I walked off of the stage. I looked behind me to see the group I had noticed earlier. " Nice job fainting in Defense!" Shouted Zacharias. "Your such a loser."

I tried to ignore them. I hurried to get out of the room sensing the following me along with the eyes of others. I looked back they were following me and I saw Rain watching. I didn't want her to know about how they teased me I didn't want anyone to know. I made my way to the bathroom hoping they wouldn't follow, they did. Andrew one of the smartest Hufflepuff students held a dark art book he had undoubtedly found in the restricted section " Guys should I do the spell I found in this?"

"Yeah" some shouted, others seemed more hesitant. Saying stuff like "But we don't know what it does."

Andrew smiled, "I think we should, SECTUM SEMPRA"

Pain cut into my face and sides. Blood dripped down my shirt. They looked horrified scared of what they had done they all ran but Andrew, "I'll get Madam Pomfrey" he ran as well I looked over bloody gashes like the ones from my vision cut my face and body. I was going light headed from blood loss. I tried to keep from fainting but it was getting harder and harder. My leg slipped and I hit my head on the sink. Why was fainting such a habit for me this year.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

267 Reviews

Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:59 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Godric Lovegood
Saturday Afternoon

Luke had gotten up with Gavin, a small Hufflepuff that seemed extremely shy. They shot spells at each other and I stared in amazement. Just then, I felt someone grab my hand. I looked over and spotted Medora.

"Hey there," I smirked down at her.

"Hey," She smiled back, unable to pull her eyes away from mine.

We managed to look back up and noticed that Luke and Gavin had finished and left the platform.

Robert and I had gotten up onto the platform, agreeing to a duel between friends. Lupin had smiled at the both of us while Snape huffed. We bowed to each other and started.

"Immobulus!" cried Robert as he swished his wand, sending a blue light at me.

I hadn't had the time to defend myself, so the spell shot at me, sending my body into a rigid position, and I could not move no matter how much I tried. My body felt like it was coated in thick cement. The class "oooohhhh"'ed in appreciation at Robert.

The spell wore off and I had time to cast a final spell. I stretched my arms, glad to have them moving again. Them being stone was useless to me.

I swished my wand up, shouting, "Levicorpus!" A green light sparked at the end of my wand, making its' way towards Robert. It hit him, sending him upside down, dangling from his legs. I held back a chuckle as I swayed him around a bit.

The class erupted in laughter and Snape didn't seem too pleased. I stifled back my smile and placed Robert back down.

"Splendid job Robert and Godric," Lupin smiled at us. "Now, our next contenders..."

We bowed towards each other and walked off the platform. I found my way back to Medora and held her hand again. Just a few minutes later, Gavin ran out with a few kids trailing behind him making snarky comments. My grip tightened on Medora's hand as my heart raced.

"I'l be back, stay here." I told her and ran out of the room, after them.

Gavin was lying on the floor, passed out, blood pouring out of him as if his whole body was punctured with a billion holes. My stomach turned as I looked around, catching the boys that did this to him. Their faces were pale with fright, except for one. One of them was simply laughing like a soulless creature. A guy came running down the hallway, a Hufflepuff that was just as pale as his friends.

"I... I... I tried getting Madam Pomfrey..." He couldn't keep his focus.

I sighed, looking back at Gavin. Looks like they used an advanced spell on him. Before I proceed to knock them all out, I called out behind me.

"Someone get Madam Pomfrey!"

Medora and Rain ran out of the Great Hall and went to Gavin, making sure he was still alive. I went over to him as well, studying what they had done. Gashes were everywhere as blood sputtered out of his body. I turned back around and saw the boys talking among each other.

I walked over to them, my fists clenched. The one that ran for Madam Pomfrey looked over at me, I could recall him as Andrew. They all shut up and looked at me.

"I sure hope that you've learned your lessons, you wankers." I hissed, pulling out my wand and waving it in front of their faces. They all took a step back, staring at my wand now. "You touch him or anyone ever again, I'll find you." I felt the venom in my voice.

"Mister Lovegood, I presume that you are well aware that you cannot threaten other students." Snape hissed behind me in his monotone voice. I froze, my heart skipping a beat. Turning on my heel, I saw Snape just before me, his arms crossed over his chest.

"I am not threatening them Sir, I am just making them well aware that they shouldn't cast spells like the one they just did for fun." I said in a steady tone.

He didn't reply, glancing at me and then at the boys, then back. Shivers went through my body as he walked away, taking a look at Gavin. Madam Pomfrey was already here, taking Gavin on a stretcher.
Last edited by Nike on Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

267 Reviews

Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:05 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Clara Black

1:30 In the Afternoon

As I was making my way for dueling, I stopped in the Gryffindor Common Room. Hermione was sitting at a table, reading through five different text books and writing down in separate notebooks as well. I sighed, walking over to her.

"Hermione..." I smiled.

She looked up at me, there were dark circles under her eyes. "Hey Clara," She managed a smile.

"Go take a nap."

"I can't nap Clara, I have so much work. Napping would cut into my schedule." She went back to her studies.

There was nothing you could do to come between Hermione and her work. So, I said bye and left the Common Room towards the Great Hall.

Dueling Class, about three in the afternoon.

I watched Luke and Gavin duel, and I couldn't stop looking over at Luke's face. His concentration was amazing. After them, Godric and Robert fought. They spat spells at each other with smiles on their faces. Even when Rain dueled earlier, I could see her smirking under her words. I couldn't wait for it to be my turn.

"Who do you think will go next?" Rain asked me, she was standing just next to me.

But before I could reply, we heard Godric yelling from outside the Great Hall. We looked at each other for a moment and then followed the swarm of students outside. My heart was racing once I saw Madam Pomfrey lifting Gavin onto a stretcher. Good thing there was magic, I don't believe she would be able to literally lift him. He floated onto the stretcher, blood coating his body. Looks like he was bleeding but Pomfrey managed to stop it, for now.

I saw Godric with Medora and Robert, whispering to each other. Next to them was a group of boys, faces pale. I took a deep breath and smiled at Rain.

"He'll be okay." I reassured her. Her face had dropped when she saw Gavin just a few seconds ago.

The whole class was loud with screams and crying. I found Harry and Ron just by Lupin, asking him what had happened. I dragged Rain behind me as we approached them.

"Do you know what happened?" I asked Harry.

He looked over at me, as did Lupin and Ron. "Those boys preformed an advanced spell on Gavin." He sighed, "Sectum Sempra."

"Severus is speaking with them at the moment, we will see what Headmaster Dumbledore will want to do with them." Lupin spoke up.

I nodded, "I hope that they get what they deserve."

"If you wish pain on others, don't be surprised when you receive pain as well, Clara." Lupin sighed with a smile.

I swallowed hard, looking over at Rain for a moment. "You're right, Professor." I replied.

"Now, please go to your Common Rooms. You'll be informed shortly as to Gavin's condition."

Lupin walked away, towards the boys with the pale faces and Professor Snape. My heart hasn't stopped racing. Most of the students left the corridor, back to their Common Rooms.

"I can't believe they would do this." Rain huffed. "Why? Why would they blly him to this extent?"

"Bloody wankers, I tell ya." Ron hissed. "They just wanted to show how 'powerful' they were. Well, they aren't."

His face was beet red with anger. Before any of us said anything else, Luke approached us with a sad smile. He nodded at Harry at Ron then smiled at Rain and I. He had his arms crossed over his chest.

"Dumbledore better punish them." He sighed. "That spell isn't one to fool around with."

"No, it isn't." I replied.

There was a pause, and then I caught Ron's jaw drop. I rose an eyebrow at him in question. "We were supposed to go to Hogsmeade today, after the class! Those blokes ruined it for us by being bullies!"

I smiled, "Yeah, they did. And I was excited to see Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop."

"I think we should worry about Gavin, not Hogsmeade." Rain huffed under her stern voice. "I know we all wanted to go, but right now he's more important."

"Of course he is!" Ron said and I nodded with him.

"We are just saying how these boys were selfish! They didn't care about Gavin, so they did that to him. And they certainly didn't care about any of us. They decided causing trouble was more fun than leaving the school for a few hours." I added on.

She crossed her arms and took in a small breath. "I'm furious with them."

"We all are, maybe we should teach them a lesson?" Luke suggested.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:39 pm
Remington38 says...

Medora 4:00 after the dueling class

Godric and I are in the room of requirements alone again and I was trying to read, but my mind kept wandering back to the events of earlier. Godric was playing with my hair and kissing my neck every now and then sending goosebumps down my back. I was trying to explain the ideas behind Earnest Hemingway's Old Man in the Sea, but I get so frustrated I am stumbling over my own words. I shut my book and can't help myself but to unleash all my anger.
"Who the hell do those kids think they are!" I say harshly. "What if he doesn't get better? We don't know anything, we should have demanded to be there with him!" I sit up and out of his arms and start to pace. I run my hand through my hair, not caring what a mess it probably is at this point.
"I would've given them a nice talking to, you know I would've if Snape wasn't there." Godric says. "Come on let's take your mind off him, he is going to be fine. Madame Pomffery is the best. I bet you will even see him walking around in a day or two." Godric wraps his arms around my waist and sets his chin down on my shoulder. He kisses my neck and my stomach flips. Thoughts of Gavin keep coming back, I do my best to push them away. Secretly I am glad no one picked me to duel, but I also know that means I will be doinging it next time. I turn around and kiss Godric like I never have before. Worry strikes me when he probably realizes how much I lack in experience. I have never been this far with someone, Draco was my first boyfriend and he only pecked me on the cheek and ever now and then on the lips. I don't know what to do with myself around Godric and my face grows warm with embarrassment. My kissing grows more hesitant but his grip tightens on me and I shut my eyes letting myself melt into him.

Every time he touches me and skin buzzes with electricity and I refuse to let myself be ruled by fear. I refuse to let anything get in the way of us. He looks at me with question in his eyes and I give him a silent yes.

Spoiler! :
Proud Reader of Banned Books

Answer to life, the universe, and everything: 42

Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

Meatball, meatball, spaghetti underneath; ravioli, ravioli, great barrier reef!
— Spongebob