z

Young Writers Society

The Library

Reviews: 2
Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:42 pm
ty7lucky says...

A king is the leader of all his people, the Immortal that all bow down to. I have been alive for all time. I have seen all of the world in which I rule." Unsure what else to say, "I had heard of this place out of time, I didn't know it was a library."
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:44 pm
ty7lucky says...

Spoiler! :
Yes you can have more than one.
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:45 pm
Sujana says...

S pulled a book out from the bookcase, arching a brow. "You talk of war, your Majesty. What source tells you that the Cloud City is the key to ending it?"
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:53 pm
ty7lucky says...

"In my world there is a legend that cloud city has a secret that only true royalty can uncover. Even the occupants of the city are unaware of their immense power. My people need the power to stop the Dark creatures that try to take over my world." The king eyed S suspiciously why did she care about the wars and troubles of his people.
-Douglas Adams

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:55 pm
Kelpies says...

"You are immortal, however based on the fact that you are the third implies that you have predecessors. So... What happened to them? Or are you the first immortal being in your family line?"
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:59 pm
ty7lucky says...

"My secrets are mine to keep, If you prove to me that I can trust you I may feel a little more lenient." Why did these people wish that he gave them every piece of information he had.
-Douglas Adams

383 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:01 pm
Sujana says...

S noted the king's suspicious look. She opened a book, hastily reading through its' contents. New Monsters, Old Gods. "Dark Creatures is a broad description, your Majesty. Are we speaking of sirens? Shadows? Ghosts? Tentacled gods of madness? Demons?" she said. "It's none of my business, really, but it would be interesting to tame a new breed of monster."

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:04 pm
Kelpies says...

"My bad, I ask too many questions." It made sense- I hadn't been alive for more than nine years.

And... I'd been free for less than half of that.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

383 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:54 pm
Sujana says...

S tossed the book onto the nearby table, pulling out a notebook and a cigar from her coat. She opened one and lit the other with her fingers, in that order, and she conjured a pencil from her sleeves.

The first people she met in the Library wasn't as courteous as these. It took her three decades to find the place based entirely off rumors, and more than a few sacrifices--and even then, the Librarians didn't welcome her. They still don't, of course. The old woman in the counter glares at her the same way she did years ago. But S was more valuable alive than dead, to them.

Anybody who finds themselves here are, for a certain time.

Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:53 pm
ty7lucky says...

Spoiler! :
Sorry I was rushed out the door before Lionel had time to answer your question @Ellstar

Lionel thought about whether he should tell S about his problems. "My land is inhabited by many dark creatures, when I was barely born the world was filled with light, the people I now rule were happy and peace surrounded us. Then anger and disruption spread and with it came the creatures, they are pure dark and evil, you will never be able to tame them even if you use dark magic of your own."

He wondered whether now that he had shared this much information, he might as well tell of his forefathers. He considered then concluded with his previous decision, they would have to prove themselves worthy of the knowledge of the Immortal Slayers. I wonder if this "S" knows.
-Douglas Adams

383 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:56 pm
Sujana says...

"So I'm thinking purple globs or a black fog, yes?" S asked.

Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:11 pm
ty7lucky says...

"Neither, but they are black and they are intangible, they go into the hearts of men and cause them to do terrible things." He turned to face S. "Don't try to tame them or they will make you harm yourself or worse, others have tried."

He getting hot from his red robe pulled it off and draped it over another table nearby. He sat and unpleasant memories came back of the Immortal Slayers.
-Douglas Adams

383 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:47 pm
Sujana says...

She rifled through her notebook, and then turned to the other book. "As far as I'm aware, men don't need black, intangible things to do terrible things," she said, plainly. "But from the way you describe them, they wouldn't be of any use to me. I already have plenty of demons under my belt to tempt men, and we're not even delving into actual spells. By Hecate, you don't even need magic to tempt people--green paper and the basic vices will do."

S glimpsed at the red robe on the table, grinning to herself. "Cloud City is a treacherous place, I'm afraid," she said. "Whatever secret you're talking about, considering my last visit there I'm assuming it's true. But the journey may not be worth the reward; you'll be vulnerable in your travels, and if they get you before you can get..."

She made a rolling gesture with her hand, as if to say You know what happens then or You know what I mean . "It would be wise to send a sorcerer or a knight instead, preferably both. The kingdom doesn't need another coffin in the ground."

Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:18 pm
ty7lucky says...

He looked to S with a smug look on his face, " You doubt that I'm a sorcerer. How would I be a good king, I am the most fit of my kingdom to go to Cloud City." He turned in the chair and opened the book. He looked down at the book and began to read.

He stood up fast, eyes wide. "I must be going. I have overlooked something vital to my success."

As fast as he had risen he sat again "I don't see any harm in this since I must depart."
He was writing furiously. The note said this,

I entrust this knowledge with you. My forefathers were proud and led my land with fairness together acting as one. But then as we call them Nightshades the dark creatures came. They broke the group of men and women apart. They caused them to argue and fight, they were not concerned with caring for the nation. Disaster spread and our nation almost fell. Soon assassins controlled by the Nightshades using Ancient knowledge killed every last one of them except Me. I became the new leader, and ever since War has been threatening to come out, and if it does my nation will be lost.

He stood up fast and thrust the paper to Flaerwin she took it with a startled look. He made his way to the front desk set the book on top of it and ran to the door. He broke through and sun lit his mane. He was off to Cloud City.
Last edited by ty7lucky on Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Douglas Adams

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:31 am
clarevelyn13 says...

Cal, who had been silently taking in the full conversation while standing there next to Flaerwin, took his hands out of his pockets and crossed his arms. He watched Lionel as he practically sprinted out of the Library. He cleared his throat and looked briefly around at the group, his eyes resting on Flaerwin and her now obvious involvement in the king's mission.

We are not to simply bandage the wounds of victims beneath the wheels of injustice, we are to drive a spoke into the wheel itself.
— Dietrich Bonhoeffer