z

Young Writers Society

The Library

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:36 pm
Kelpies says...

"I most definitely am not an assassin." Annoyance took the place of a stutter in my voice. "No political affiliations- economics bore me. I have no objection to the basis of witchcraft itself, only for the ethics of it's practical use." I noticed the newcomer. "Hello sir. Parallels of Earth- multiverse theory, there are alternate realities that have similarities to our current universe, however they function on an alternate plane of reality."
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:42 pm
Sujana says...

"Why, I'm talking of timelines, of course. Alternative universes." The woman stared through the gap in the bookcase, then back at the lion man. "You can't possibly think we all live by the same rules, do you? This library would've been destroyed eons ago if it inhabited one universe."
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

383 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:47 pm
Sujana says...

"Ah, ethics. An infantile human concept, but childhood has never been disinteresting," The woman hummed. "Very well. The name is S to you, sweetling--just S, nothing more."

223 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:53 pm
Kelpies says...

"Ethics is infantile until you're on the receiving end." I bristled.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

383 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:56 pm
Sujana says...

"Oh, I'd disagree. It's infantile if you haven't anything to be afraid of." She grinned. "Though we're all entitled to an opinion."

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:58 pm
clarevelyn13 says...

Cal raised his pale blue gaze to that of the lion man, and in an attempt to clear the rising hostilities, asked, "Sir, what do they call you? I am Cal, a regular nobody, pretty much. I have heard of a Cloud City, though." He slipped his hands into his cargo pant pockets, leaving his pinkies hanging over the edge of each pocket - his casual stance.

Reviews: 2
Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:07 pm
ty7lucky says...

"King Lionel the 3rd," Said Lionel, "I think I understand what they are talking about. There is different worlds and this is the bridge."
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
-Douglas Adams

223 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:09 pm
Kelpies says...

I sighed- I didn't particularly want to argue. However- magic, and unethical experimentation happened to be my two worst pet peeves for very good reason. I was beginning to learn not to fear all magic-users, but there could never be any excuse for ignoring ethics.

18 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:14 pm
clarevelyn13 says...

Cal rocked backwards on his feet. "Your majesty." He looked around, as if taking in the library for the very first time all over again. Then he looked back at Faerwin.
"No harm done, Fae," he told her, giving her a friendly smile. Personally, he viewed ethics as something that ought to be acknowledged.

383 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:24 pm
Sujana says...

S stared at Faerwin, slightly amused. She was honest with herself--she may not know everything, but Hecate and several centuries of avoiding the pyre has taught her enough. The girl was young, amusing, innocent.

Like she was.

She felt the smile slip from her lips, the impenetrable shield fall away. She shook her head, looking away from her mirror. "There are certain bridges that allows certain folk to enter. All that is decided by the Librarians, of course," she continued. "The history is blurry, but it's said that in an unknown timeline, the Big Bang never occurred. There was no Creation, only darkness, a little bubble outside of time itself. A group of scholars from all sorts of timelines gathered there, and made a nook in nonexistence--a sanctuary."

She glared at all the members of the conversation. "They may or may not believe in ethics, but I know one thing for certain," she smiled. "They're a powerful breed."

18 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:28 pm
clarevelyn13 says...

Cal's eyes narrowed, and he stared back at S. "I don't know if I believe all of that," he stated flatly, fingering the metal crucifix that hung around his neck.

383 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:32 pm
Sujana says...

"Oh, you can believe whatever you like," S replied, frankly. "We don't need to get to the details of it. And just so you know, yes, there is a God. Or, depending on where you come from, there was."

223 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:33 pm
Kelpies says...

I glanced at King Lionel the 3rd. "What's a king exactly?"

383 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:34 pm
Sujana says...

Spoiler! :
Sorry for my character being a bit of an arse, I enjoy writing her that way. Just so you know, most of what she says isn't me in any way.

Also, can we have more than one character here?

18 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:38 pm
clarevelyn13 says...

Now Cal was getting a bit tense. He didn't need "S" to tell him what was and what wasn't. He already knew. That was what believing meant. No need to start an argument though - Cal tried not to be that type of conversationalist. So he crossed his arms and rolled his eyes, waiting for the response of the lion king.

[Ell, it's alright, I get it!]

Despite everything, it's still you.
— TobyFox