Peculiarities: A fantasy storybook

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Wed May 25, 2016 2:59 pm
View Likes
Gymnast2801 says...

[b] Ester [\b]

Ester arrived at the door in time to hear Taven say "Now."
She looked at this new guy and smiled a but but he seemed a bit odd. His hair was normal but she couldn't tell the color of his eyes because they seemed to keep changing. His hands trembled and his cloths where just a bit small for him.
"Who are you?" She asked in a forceful voice, more forceful than she had expected.
If the world was blind, how many people would you impress?

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Wed May 25, 2016 3:09 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Raven
"Back off," Raven snarled, "We need to take him to see Miss Willow. Just incase he isn't one of those troublemakers out on the streets who have a home." Raven glared into the boy's eyes and he fidgeted.
Will Solace IRL

95 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2016 3:25 pm
View Likes
Gymnast2801 says...

Ester

"O-Okay Raven." She stammered, a tinge of fear entering her stomach. Raven seemed like a nice girl but she was also very scary sometimes.
Ester gently picked up Siwang and handed him to Raven so that she wouldn't lose her pet.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Wed May 25, 2016 4:39 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

María Romero Sánchez

María walked down the sidewalk, searching for the right building. Everything seemed so strange, so unlike the noise and crowds of Madrid. But María was starting to like it a little.

At last, she spotted a small building surrounded by trees. Allí está.

Her new home. She hurried toward it, hoping that Señorita Willow was expecting her today. After all, María's few possessions were all already there. Or at least, they should be.

As she neared the front door, she stopped and ducked behind a tree.

Señor, ayúdame, por favor.

She hadn't been expecting people to be standing at the door. Terrifying people. Especially that little niña in black with a somewhat sadistic expression and a thing made of bones.

But María refused to go back to España. Her parents were dead, and there was nothing left for her there. Her relatives had made sure of that.

Taking a deep breath, María slowly disappeared and stepped forward. Maybe she could slip through without them noticing.
Last edited by Lael on Wed May 25, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

95 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2016 5:10 pm
View Likes
Gymnast2801 says...

Ester

After gently handing Raven the kitten, Ester walked outside. She thought that she had seen movement but she couldn't seem to find anyone or anything, when she was finally about I to retreat back, into Mrs. Willow's House she heard a slick crack behind her. She whirled around and looked closely, realizing that a part of the landscape seemed almost...shimmery. She knew what this was.
"Come on out." She said in a kind voice, realizing now that she was dealing with a fader. The kind of person who can just fade into their surroundings.
"Don't worry, I know your there and I won't hurt you. You've come to the right place."

81 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2016 5:26 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

María

María froze when the kinder-looking niña stared right at her and spoke. She seemed nice enough, and more mature than others her age.

Perhaps she would be okay here.

Running a hand self-consciously through her long hair, María let herself reappear.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

69 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2016 6:10 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Raven
Raven glared at the girl who just appeared. Another one? she thought, You've got to be joking.

"Bring these two to Miss Willow," she said, turning her back to the newcomers, "We'll see what she does with them."
Will Solace IRL

69 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2016 6:28 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Raven
Raven turned away from the people in the door. She hated people. Every single last one. Except... Miss Willow,she thought. Her childhood wasn't a happy one, and she had no sob story to go with it. It was just her truth and it was who she was. She could feel the newcomer's stares boring into her.

"Lái, Siwang," she said. The cat jumped into her hands again and she ran off, up the stairs and into her room.
Will Solace IRL

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed May 25, 2016 6:49 pm
Mageheart says...

Nero Sapienti:

He didn't enter the building, and didn't change his form. There was no reason to do what the creepy little girl - switch out her equally creepy kitten with a broken porcelain doll, and she would belong in a horror movie - wanted him to do.

If the creepy little girl hadn't darted away and was still standing before him, he wouldn't have hesitated to act menacing and like he wasn't scared of her. But the girl he was left with (not the one who had suddenly arrived) was what he expected of a little girl. Cute. Not something that looked like it crawled out of the gates of the Underworld.

He wiped away the tears that had been sliding down his cheeks, casting a quick glance at the girl who had appeared to be his age. He would be lying if he said her sudden appearance hadn't scared the bejezzus out of him. A skeletal kitten, a girl with a disappearing act, a girl who seemed more like a zombie than anything else - what had he walked into?

"How did she know the truth about me?" he asked the little girl with the pigtails. He didn't drop the British accent. Until he changed his form, it was going to stay. "Until I know that, I'm not going to see this Miss Willow woman."

Should he have said that in a nicer way? He was terrible with kids. The little girl probably thought he was a scary, gigantic (he towered over her) jerk.

He groaned at his own ignorance.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

69 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2016 7:06 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Raven
Raven arrived at her room and slammed the door behind her. She was still holding Siwang and tears began to slide down. She touched her face gingerly. Tears? She hadn't cried in- well- hundreds of years. She hated everything at that moment. Hated the newcomers that made her feel this way. Hated the shapeshifter. It was because of his kind that she'd been left with no family. She tilted her gaze to the sky and screamed. It was so heart wrenchingly broken, she wasn't sure it was hers.
Will Solace IRL

95 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2016 7:09 pm
View Likes
Gymnast2801 says...

Ester

She brought the other girl inside and then turned to the tall, young man.
"Well, anyone who knows how to look could tell that your a shape shifter. Your hands keep twitching and your cloths seem a little too tight. Also, the color of your eyes is unclear. It keeps...changing." She smiled, "I hope that's enough explanation for you. Mrs. Willow is quite nice and odviously, I wouldn't be here if I didn't like it here." She turned and started to walk away, leaving the choice us to the two new people wether to follow or not.

81 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2016 7:20 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

María

María hurried to the girl's side.

"Ah . . . Would you--" She winced at her accent. "Are you going to Señorita Willow? She is expecting me."

She hoped.

69 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2016 7:28 pm
View Likes
NympheaLily says...

Miss Willow
Miss Willow raised her head when she heard a faint scream. She stood up. Something is terribly wrong. She grabbed her parasol and her white gloves and bustled out the door. On the way she passed Ester and two newcomers.

"Miss Willow-" Ester started, but Miss Willow waved a hand.

"Not now, Ester," she said, "Something is amiss. Did you hear a scream? If so, tell me where it came from. Please."
Will Solace IRL

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed May 25, 2016 7:29 pm
Mageheart says...

Nero Sapienti:

Another groan left his lips. Sure, he was tired, but that was no excuse for allowing his eyes to change color, and growing instead of shrinking!

"I'm coming-" he started to grumble. He paused when the woman with the white parasol stopped before the group assembled on the doorway.

When she asked about the scream, he suddenly realized that he had heard it. But from where?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2016 7:37 pm
View Likes
Gymnast2801 says...

Ester

"Oh, I think it was Raven." She looked up the stairwell, "Raven randomly got upset and stormed off."

Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief