Young Writers Society

Lincoln Wood College Prep: Senior Year

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:14 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

--Carina--

I found myself chewing on my nail whenever Riley wasn't looking. The mere fact that I was just kissed by Riley Trahan was enough to push my anxiety to its limits. I thought of the way his lips had been on mine, soft and fiery, as the bass pulsed around us, the hair on the nape of his neck smooth beneath my fingers. He had been tugging me around by the hand since then, and I'd nearly memorized the sight of Riley's back and bent elbow as we weaved in and out of the other kids. My first drink--yes, still my first--felt clammy and wet with condensation in my hand.

Luckily I was good at biting back a smile, because if I wasn't, someone would think I was either insane or madly in love.

"Yeah, I was looking for you" Riley was saying to someone he'd walked over to talk to. Some tall football-player-type wearing a black polo and pretentious hair. Nice hair, sure--but it screamed pretentiousness.

I realized that they were looking at me.

"Who's she?" the boy asked Riley in an inquisitive tone. He was staring at me levelly with cerulean eyes. His eyebrow furrowed.

Riley glanced back at me, a smile threatening to disassemble his stony expression. "My date," he told the boy, "Carrie." The boy reached a finger up to scratch his cheek. Smiled. "This is James," Riley introduced. James reached out and took my hand, holding on for a second too long.

"Carrie," he said, smiling so his white teeth glinted. "I like that."

"Hi," I said, not bothering with any Nice to meet you's. I'd stopped saying them awhile back, when I realized that it wasn't exactly nice meeting everyone. Glancing down, I caught a glimpse of a tattoo on his arm. I tried to read it, but the ink was cursive, and it was dark. Riley suddenly put his arm around me; I could smell his cologne. My hand was jostled from James's.

"We should go," he said abruptly. I could hear a hint of jealousy in his tone.

"See you around," James said to Riley, but looked at me as he took a swig of his drink.

"Yeah," Riley agreed, nodding. I blinked at James, narrowing my eyes. Riley took my hand as we disappeared into the crowd, and goosebumps tickled my arms.

Soon, we were dancing again, my arms around his neck, and the music was loud. I couldn't stop looking into his eyes and staring at the smirk that lit up his face, and then suddenly he was kissing me again, his lips catching mine. I let my guard down, kissing him back for the second time, my fingers touching the rough stubble on his chin, and then falling to the collar of his shirt. His tongue was in my mouth, and when I came up for air, his face was close to mine. "Hey," he whispered. "Maybe your girlfriend was right." His breath was hot on my cheek. "Those bunk cabins are there for a reason, right?"

It took me a moment to realize what he was getting at. My heart raced. I moistened my lips, and Riley's arm tightened slightly around me, pulling me closer. Telling myself not to think, I put my hand on the back of his neck, and then kissed it. "Okay," I whispered, lips brushing against his ear. We seemed to walk out of the main cabin in slow motion, him holding me close. I remember the cool breeze, and my shoulders shivering despite the warmth of Riley's body against mine, before he stepped away to knock on one of the doors. Part of me hoped the door was locked.

The door opened.

Riley was backing into the door, running his long fingers through my hair, and I kissed him hard, fingers toying with the buttons on his shirt. He reached around to unzip my dress, and I wriggled out of it. Soon, his hands were on my bare skin, and we fell back onto the bed. Him on top, stealing kisses between breaths. I didn't think about anything but him.

~*~

We must've fallen asleep, because I opened my eyes later, sheets tangled around my feet. I was confused at first, and sat up, holding the blankets to my chest. The cabin was pitch-black, but I could hear mingling voices outside. Oh, God, I thought, slowly remembering. I reached around frantically for my phone, but couldn't find it anywhere. Where's my purse? I looking around for a sign of it as I knelt in bed. Shit. I saw my dress in a pile on the floor.

There was movement next to me, and I saw the vague outline of a figure splayed out under the covers. Riley. I couldn't believe it. I exhaled. Not knowing what to do, I scrambled to the dress that I'd thrown on the floor, and hurriedly put it back on. I struggled with the zipper. Spotting my purse at the entrance of the room, I stumbled over to grab it.

I was still zipping my dress as I stepped out of the cabin. Squinting, barefooted. Feeling exposed, I almost had second thoughts. I almost decided to run back inside the cabin and jump back in bed, denying that I'd ever woken and left in the first place.

I was never like this; I always prided myself on how cool and collected I could appear in situations of high intensity. I usually thought things out; had them all planned and outlined in my head, and ready to execute as I wanted and with extreme precision.

But this wasn't me. I was frazzled and had made about ten rash or impulsive decisions in the past several hours. I took out my phone and looked at the time. 1:00 A.M. I'd been here for five hours.

Mom's going to ground me for a month.

My bare feet walked hurriedly along the damp, wooden deck. I realized I forgot my shoes.

Oh, Carrie, you're the stupidest fucking girl ever.

"Carrie?" I heard Jasmine's voice call, and she was heading towards me, accompanied by a whole other posse of girls. She was clearly drunk. The other girls were staring at me, muttering to one another. "Wow," Jazz said, with a smile, "Did you get laid?" I didn't respond, and Jasmine took my arm. "C'mon, babe," she said, "let's get you some water, okay?"

I shook my head, mouth dry. "No thanks," I told her. "I want to go home."

"Awh," Jasmine said, with a sympathetic puppy-dog face, her hand raising to her cheek. "You wanna go home?"

"Maybe you should drive her, Jazz," one of the other girls slurred.

"And I'll take care of her date," another said, with a laugh.

I suddenly felt like I would cry. Or vomit. Or both.

"Girls!" Jasmine scolded, slapping one of them in the face suddenly. The girl shrieked. "I'll drive her," Jazz said, waving her hand. The girl she'd slapped was still holding her face, glowering and whimpering subtly.

"You're drunk," I squeaked, though anything sounded better than staying here at this point.

Jasmine pretended to think about it, as if she didn't know whether she was or not, and then grabbed my arm again. Her acrylic nails pierced my skin. My mind was completely empty as she led me away from the party and down the dock, insisting over and over again that she'd drive me home.

Well, empty except for him; except for raging thoughts of Riley Trahan.

Jasmine and I had gotten to the car when a girl's voice called out from behind us. "Who's driving?" she asked.

We turned around, and Jasmine rose her hand high in the sky. "What's it to you, bitch?" she asked.

"Sorry," I said quickly to the girl who was now approaching us. She had dark hair and eyes; she looked vaguely familiar from school. "Isabelle, isn't it?"

"Yeah," Isabelle said, still looking slightly offended by Jazz's comment. "I was gonna offer to drive, since I came with someone else, and they're not leaving for awhile--I wanted to help a girl out, y'know?"

Jasmine was waving her arms around in the air now, swaying her head from side to side. Then she hugged me, talking at Isabelle. I stiffened; she was so far wasted. "Sorry babe," Jasmine said, "You can't kiss Carrie, my girl already got laid by her guy friend, okay?"

"That would be great," I said flatly to Isabelle.

Spoiler! :
@Caterpickle o; @NicoleBri Jasmine's a meanie, sorry about that xD
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:52 am
View Likes
Sevro says...

Riley Trahan

The way she dances makes my mind spin. Or maybe it's a side effect of the bottomless beer that seems to be in my hand every time I need it to be. But still, she makes everything look hot and seductive.

Between dances, I walk around to some of my friends, introducing Carrie. I keep feeling the overwhelming urge to show her off, as if to say, Yeah, this is my beautiful date. Envy me. I see James through the crowd at one point. We work out together with a few other guys every weekend. The only thing about James that I could pair with his face was the scar running down his back. I remembered that James was partaking in a push-up contest as I arrived at the gym one week. James hardly ever wore a shirt when he was working out—he had muscles to spare—so I was able to see the raised white line that streaked about eight inches lengthwise between his shoulder blades, like an above-ground aqueduct in the middle of the desert. Tonight, it was covered with a black T-shirt as I weave between the people toward him.

"I was looking for you," I say, loud enough to be heard over the music. James' eyes are glazed as I clap him on the shoulder. I look at the beer in his left hand, and wonder how many are already coursing through his bloodstream. He looks at Carrie. And then keeps looking at her. Up and down and up and down.

"Who's she?" James asks, his breath smelling like booze, his shirt smelling like someone's perfume. I push a satisfied smile off of my face.

"My date," I say, looking back at Carrie. I feel the smile creeping back into my face, as if it thinks I won't notice. "Carrie. This is James." They shake hands, him being a lingering asshole.

"Carrie...I like that," he drawls, as she looks at their joined hands. I put my arm around her, my hand resting on her hip.

"We should go," I decide, before James can get any ideas. I start to step away from him with Carrie before he can even respond.

"See you around," he states, his eyes running over Carrie's dress again. We leave him alone with his drink.

We find our way back to an empty spot on the deck and dance some more. I've been kissing her every chance I get, I just can't help it. I find her lips again, her tongue small and quick against my own. She has a way of pressing her body against mine, and she knows just where to put her hands. She drags her fingers down my neck as I rake my hand through her hair. My other arm is desperately trying to get her closer to me, but there's already no air between us. Her breath is hot against my neck as my lips graze her ear.

"Hey, maybe your girlfriend was right," I say, breathing heavy, half in exasperation, half in fear that she'll reject me. "Those bunk cabins are there for a reason, right?" I test out the suggestiveness that this statement requires. She toys with the collar of my shirt and kisses my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

"Okay," she breathes in my ear. I'm flooded with relief, as I lead her toward the hallway that Jasmine showed us. Somehow, we manage to make out the whole way there. How we don't trip and fall is beyond me—I've learned to count my blessings. I pull away from her briefly to knock on the door and try the knob, and, luckily, it opens. I don't know what I would've done if it was locked. I push the wooden door open with my back, and she pushes me over the threshold. We stumble into the room, and I spin us around and kick the door shut with my heel. Our lips still locked, exchanging fire and love, barely breathing, she goes to work at the buttons on my shirt. Why, oh why did I wear a shirt with buttons? Why didn't I pick the classy long-sleeved-T-shirt? I make short work of the zipper on her dress. Before I even get it all the way down, she's squirming out of its hold on her. My shirt is on the floor before I realize she finished the buttons.

I propel us forward, falling on top of her on the surprisingly soft mattress. I brace my weight with my elbows, my lower half pressed against hers, her hands holding my bare sides. They don't listen to the happy, drunken shouts outside the door. I don't even notice my phone ringing. I can only think of Carrie, and how alive she makes me feel.

~•~

I wake to the dim lighting in the cabin, feeling the slow rocking motion of the boat. I take note of my surroundings. The bed. The sheets wrapped around my abs. And Carrie—

She's gone.

This makes me more upset than it should've. I guess I imagined waking up with her, maybe laying there for a while, getting to know each other without the booze clouding our eyes. I get up and get dressed quickly, the high from last night still wearing off. As I tumble to the door, a little hungover, my foot suddenly feels like it's been shot. My mouth flies open, but I close my throat before a scream can escape. I hop around on one foot, in agony. I'm finally able to see through my pain enough to lay eyes on the perpetrator. Carrie's shoe. I see its partner lying on its side a few feet away. I flashback to when she kicked them off before vaulting herself at me again. I shake my head and pick them up by their straps and walk out of the cabin. I look around at the stragglers. I check my phone for the time. The One Missed Call message shows up on my screen, which displays a time of 2:00 A.M. I wonder how long ago Carrie snuck out of the bunk. The call was from...from my mother...who never calls me. I unlock the iPhone and listen to her voicemail. It must have been important, for her to have left a message and everything.

Riley? It's mom. I just got a phone call from the police station; they have Danny. Look, I need you to go get him, I'll pay you back. They said it's serious. They said—they said he hurt someone. Call me when you get this.

Well shit.

Spoiler! :
@Savvy @NicoleBri Uh-oh! Let me know if you want me to edit anything.
"They think I'm still a child. The fools. Alexander was a child when he ruined his first nation."
—Darrow from the Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown<3

Spoiler! :
Formerly olsene and Caterpickle

Reviews: 0
Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:40 pm
View Likes
TheForgottenKing says...

Sebastian

"Well, I can officially say this party is a success story." Luke commented, gazing down at the dancing figures. Kyle came up behind him, flicking him in the ear." So many people are asking to meet the thrower of this party Bash, better get down there and introduce yourself." I turned to him with an eyebrow raised." Dude, this is a cesspool of teens. I am so scared for the cleaning ladies in the morning."

Luke chuckled quietly as Kyle shuddered." Don't need that thought Trapani. Just borrow the mic from the DJ, say a couple words, advertise for the lacrosse team. So forth and so forth. Get er done!" He said. With a sigh I made my way down to the DJ for a couple words. Making a gesture with my hands, the DJ lowered the music, and handed me the mic. The attention slowly drifted towards me as the party slowed.

"Well, to answer the one question basically in everyone's mind right now is no, this isn't my Yacht, but it does belong to my father." There was some drunken laughter amongst the crowd." Anyways, just wanted to thank everyone and make this quick. For those who don't know me, I'm Sebastian Trapani and I'm the Captain of the Lacrosse team."

The realization hit a couple people when my name and the affiliation with Lincoln Wood hit everyone. There were a couple scattered cheers and whistles." I'll let you get back to partying. But you need to be off the boat by 3 a.m or I will personally toss your ass into the Harbor with the help of my team. Anyways, see you senior year." I gave the mic back to the DJ, and turned to Kyle and the crew, who all have me the thumbs up.

I returned to the upper deck with the rest of the team and our personal guests. Isabelle gave me a look and I walked over." What's up Izzy the Lizzy? Finally going to sleep with me?" She punched me in the arm." Keep dreaming Seb. Nah, I was thinking of heading, and Phillip is still partying. So I'll leave him in your very capable hands." I winked." I'll keep him outta trouble Iz. Don't worry." I waved at her as she left the boat, than turned to the team." Well, let's finish celebrating!!" There was a cheer as we traveled to the dance floor.

~

The next morning, I woke up and glanced at my clock, and it was only nine in the morning. I had always been a light sleeper. Checking my phone, I found several messages from Lorenzo, asking if I was alive and to call him back, and some from other people. I put on a shirt before heading downstairs to my kitchen to pour myself a bowl of cereal. And that's where I ran into one of the most most moments of my life.

I paused at the smell of eggs and bacon sizzling. My thoughts ran to the 9 millimeter underneath my bed, the glock in my bathroom, and the shotgun in my closet. But what assassin would be cooking a meal? Relaxing a bit, I walk downstairs and come face to face with Bruno and Frank, two of my father's Soldiers. Lorenzo is in the kitchen cooking. A smile opens up Bruno's wide smile. I smile at the two.

"It's good to see you Sebastian." Frank says, nodding his head respectfully. I return the gesture, walking up to Lorenzo for a hug." I thought you died last night brother. Not returning my calls. Probably cause you were with some girl?" He finished with a wink, turning back to the eggs. I let out a laugh."Sadly not, otherwise I'd still be asleep."

Bruno attempts to hide a laugh by coughing. Frank smacks him on the the back of the head lightly, winking at me." So what are you here for? You usually don't come by here, and definitly not with associates of the Family." I say, taking a swipe at the bacon, which Lorenzo defends heroically with his spatula.

"We have a situation brother. One of our associates got arrested last night. We need somewhere for him to stay that's not affiliated with the more... Unusual side of the family business. You're the young heir to Trapani Enterprises and Airlines. I'm heir to... Something else entirely. Anyways, mind if he stays here for a little bit. He won't be no trouble, and after a couple days we'll come pick him up and take him to a different safe house." He eyes me carefully. I shrugged." Shouldn't be a problem as long as no one will snoop around."

Lorenzo clapped me on the back." We'll keep people off your back. Pick him up at the station near that Wal-Mart we always went to as kids. His name's Danny. Good kid. Dad will reimburse you the bail money."

~

A few hours later, I glanced over at the kid in my passenger seat. He seemed relaxed, but he was also flicking his fingers on the dashboard. Finally to break the silence, I spoke up." Relax kid. We take care of our own." As of now realizing I was there, he almost jumped in his seat. He looked at me, than again out the window." You're young too. Why are you involved with them?" He asked.

I hid a smile." Kiddo, they're my family. I was born into the lifestyle. But, I'm not a part of it. Very much at least. Instead, I run my father's legal business. Ever heard of Trapani Airlines? Trapani Enterprises? Perhaps Trapani construction? That big building downtown that says Trapani? That's where I work." His eyes widened." You're Sebastian aren't you?? I've heard them say you're name." He said a little fearfully, inching away from me.

I rolled my eyes." I'm not here to get rid of you kid. You're just going to be at my place for a little bit till we get this sorted out, than they'll take you somewhere cozy and safe. I did say we take care of our own." He mumbled something under his breath." I didn't quite hear you bud." I said as I made a left. He cleared his throat." My brother is probably looking for me right now." I shrugged."I'll have someone let him know you're ok." I looked the kid in the face." You will be ok. Coppers will stay off ya, and we have the best damn lawyers in the country. Besides, I need someone to tell me how great I am at Call of Duty." He seemed to relax a bit as we finally made it to my house.

"Go ahead and turn the TV on and start up a game. We can go pick you up some stuff from Wal-Mart." Sighing I put my keys down." I know how scared you might be right now. I give you my word I'm not going to hurt you. Make yourself comfortable. I need to shower. There's food in the fridge and pantry, and the downstairs bathroom is on the left down the hall. Nothing important in the other rooms, but you scan look at em if you want."

After my shower, I can down to an empty living room, after a bit of searching I found him in my artists room. He turned to me." You painted all these?" He asked." I nodded. "It helps me escape reality. All the money and things I could want? Sure it's neat, but it's just a reminder to what I was born too. You got yourself a hobby? What's something you do to stay calm?" I asked him. Before he could answer, there were several loud furious knocks on the front door. He froze up, stiffening. I grabbed him by the arm." Stay here. I'm sure you'll know when to run." I said, making my way to the living room as there were several more repeated knocks.

I opened the door, blinking blindly into the light." Can I help you?" I asked the stranger, my hand fingering the pistol beneath my shirt, tucked into my jeans.
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:42 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Philip Masterson
Spoiler! :
Hey so sorry guys. I really wanna post and I will try my best to post as often as I can. I love this Storybook and I love our characters. That's why I let @Gravity be page manager as well. I have two jobs and I've been working daily. But here's what I've done for now. If you have any questions or concerns please reach me here, or to get to me sooner, hit me up on snapchat. The user is: nikemustchat

I loved Isabelle dearly. She was my life at this point. And yet all I could think about was Jessie and Issac. Seeing Adrian propose to her was fine, that's whatever. But then I realized, he will have full custody of Issac. Full custody of my child.

I know, I don't seem the type. A man with a family? I mean he was sort of an accident to begin with. But, I loved him. Whenever I held him, it felt right. His beautiful eyes made me realize that he's an innocent being that needs to be loved and nurtured.

But then there's me, the guy everyone knew and probably hated. To cope with the idea that Issac would no longer be mine and that I'll never be a real father or ever get my life together, I drank. I drank the pain away. The sadness.It was an automatic thing to do for me.

"Phil? Phil," I heard a girl say from next to me.

The party was loud, I recognized everyone. It looks like Rupert really wanted something big. I couldn't even find him. Music was blasting from what seemed to be every direction. And the booze drowned us.

Looking to my right, I saw Isabelle looking up at me. We were sitting on the couch in Rupert's basement. More so, she was on the couch, I was on the couch's arm rest, chilling as if I was sober enough to sit straight and comfortably. Dafnie and Hawthorne were squeezed next to her and Colette had sat in Rupert's arm chair. It was his chair that claimed to be his throne. Yeah, it was a simple Lay-z-boy, but it was the one thing he would ever sit on if we are in his basement.

"Yeah babe?" I slurred.

"Maybe we should head home?" She tried.

I stared back at her as best as I could in my condition, and I knew she was right. But, I didn't want to leave. I was comfortable, to say the least and the party started about three hours ago, it was still in full swing.

"Maybe," I smiled at her.

She smiled back and took my hand in hers. Her hands were soft, always so soft and so clean. People don't realize that others tend to not care about the hygiene of themselves, but I care, and it is very attractive to anyone. Isabelle was the cleanest.

Maybe I was too drunk.

All I wanted to do was kiss her, but I knew she was more sober than I was and she wouldn't like drunk makeouts.

I looked over at Dafnie and saw, of course, that she was unhappy. That girl was always sad, tired, angry, and unhappy. Yeah, it got annoying. But that's who she was. I kinda love her. Like, in a friend way, don't worry.

"I love you Issy." I said, smiling down at her.

She looked back up and smiled back. "I love you too, dork."

"I want Issac to be my baby." I slurred. But I knew she heard me correctly. "I want him in my life. I don't want that damned Adrian to steal him from me!" My voice picked up.

And all of a sudden I felt my stomach burn as my eyes watered. Isabelle sat up straighter and took a hold of both of my hands.

"Babe, shh, you're drunk."

"Yeah, and? You know that I love that kid. You know that I have wanted him. Being drunk changes nothing!" My head felt heavy and suddenly this party sucked.

Dafnie walked over from the couch to us. Isabelle didn't appreciate that too much. She eyed her and Dafnie looked over the both of us.

"Take him outside to get some air." Dafnie suggested to Issabelle.

"I'm fine! Why can't anyone understand I've wanted him?" I yelled.

Isabelle stood up from the couch and pulled me up with Dafnie's hands. Issy were warm while Daffy's were ice. I stood up, very confused as to why everything was blurry and why I couldn't stand still.

"Let's go Phil, let's go outside." Isabelle whispered as she clung onto me.

I took a few steps and let her hold tight.

"I'm drunk, I'll admit. But that doesn't change the fact that I want Issac in my life! He deserves to know his real father, not some French twat!" We were getting to the stairs, the part that Isabelle was sure uncomfortable with.

How can she manage to walk a drunk person up? We'll see.

At this point, I was clinging onto her for dear life.

"I don't want to go outside!" I protested.

"You need some air." she insisted.

"Dafnie! Can you tell her she's being ridiculous?" I decided to spring free from her grasp and walk back over to the couch, eyeing Dafnie.

She had a worried look on her face and Colette was eyeing me. She probably didn't like my French twat comment. I didn't mean it though... I'm just mad he won my child.

"I think she's being right Philly. Go home," she said.

Her red lips always lied.

That song always came to me when I saw her.

"But I need to talk to Jessie. I need her to know that I want to be there when he grows up. I want Issac to know I'm his father! I'll do better! I'll help her!" I think I was crying or having a panic attack, or dying, cause everything seemed so intense.

Dafnie stood up and placed her hands on my shoulders, stabling me. Her blue eyes, just as icy as her touch, stared mine down.

"You listen to me Philip. You will talk to her when you're sober, not now. Go home with your beautiful girlfriend, okay? Get some sleep. Sleep this shit off cause I'm gonna get a heart attack because of you. I love you. And I want to help you. Just when you're sober, okay? We are all on your team. Even though Jessie is my really good friend, I'm willing to help." it's like she was a mastermind.

"Okay," I huffed. "Okay."

She cringed from my breath, it must be alcohol-y.

"Babe," Isaeblle now had her arm around my waist. "Let's go,"

Dafnie went back and sat down, restarting her conversation with the girls. I walked with Isabelle away from them and into the first floor of the house, were you could smell pizza from a mile away.

"Could you not ruin this party if I leave you for two seconds to grab pizza?" Isabelle yelled to me over the music. Which happened to be blasting Madeon.

"I'll go with," I replied. "I have hunger, strong hunger."

"I love you, you silly silly boy." She sniggered.

I love you too.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 pm
View Likes
Ciblio says...

Gillian

The hum of his bike, the smell of burning rubber and the sight of all the people milling around the little shops along the streets were enough to make Gillian's lips spread into a grin.

America was just another luxury.

"Giolla," Kenna hissed from behind him, her pale arms tightened around his waist, "come on, leathcheann (idiot). Green light."

With a smirk, he revved his engine, then sped off down the street, causing the 14 year old latching onto him shriek in shock.

"Ya think you'd be used to this by now, Ken," Gill laughs over the roaring of his motorcycle, "since-"

"Shut up and drive!" She cried, pinching his side harshly. That was gonna leave a mark.

It took minutes to get to their home, and once they arrived, Kenna leaped off of the bike and darted for the front door.

"Piggy," Gill called after her, tearing off his helmet and following her steps inside. "I didn't do anything, máthair!"

"He was going super fast, mam, and he wouldn't slow down I promise! I was so scared," Kenna breathed, her lip sticking out and eyes wide with fake tears. "I thought we were going to crash!"

Catriona's long, curly red hair swayed with her movements as she continued moving boxes, as she was doing before they'd arrived, "Okay, Kenna, téigh go dtí do sheomra. I'll talk to Giolla."

"But I don't want to go to my room!" She cried, her foot lifting then stomping back onto the ground.

All it took was a single look from Catriona before Kenna was stumbling up the stairs.

"So, 'ave you gotta all you need for school?" his mom asked with a grin, her smile sparkling like she was a model on a Crest® commercial.

"Ma, school doesn't start for another couple o' weeks," Gill sighed, and slid into one of the bar stools lining the island, "I'm still gathering supplies."

"And you're still goin' to take your little sis to school every mornin'?"

"Ma!"

"Gillian."

"Fine."

"Thank you."

"But if she cries about how fast I go, she's walking."

Every time his feet hit the ground again, a jolt of energy shot through his body and his motivation went up just a little bit more. Right now, he was sprinting down the park's trail, his head up high and feet continuously moving.

He'd been at it for quite awhile now, his breaths short and body only a little heavy-- he'd yet to take a break, so every step was slightly harder, but he kept pushing himself.

On his last lap, the phone in his pocket buzzed several times before the song 'Black Magic Woman' by Santana started playing from his pocket. Continuing, he pulled the smartphone out, swiped the screen, and answered with a breath-y, "'Ullo?"

"Hey," it was Luke, from the lacrosse team, "you missed the party last night."

He stopped running, and wiped his forehead with his free hand, "Nobody reminded me. Sorry. Plus, I was helping unpack. New house is perfect for a party, though."

"You plan on throwing one soon?" Luke snickered, and someone in the background said something to him before he cleared his throat and continued with, "I gotta go. But if you are, send me the deets and I'll get the word out."

"Yeah, will do." Gill says, then hits the power button and shoves the phone back in his pocket.

A party sounded fun, but it was too soon to throw one, since there was the one last night. Maybe in a week-- his mom started her new job on Friday.

With a grunt, Gill scratched at his red hair and slid onto a bench that wasn't too far away.

Birds chirped, the breeze passed over him which gave him a half-second of paradise, and people, some alone and others with a partner or friend, jogged around the track ruthlessly or walked with bottles of water clutched in their sweaty hands. Gill ran a hand over his mouth, and stood back up-- only to knock someone back down.

He turned quickly, his mouth muttering an automatic, "Sorry," before leaning down and coming face to face with gorgeous wide eyes and lips that were parted with the same word he'd just said.

Gill extended a hand with a smile and said with a heavy accent, "What're ya doin'? Can't have you fallin' fer me already, can we?"

Spoiler! :
Hi. This is a short post, and I swear I'll make the next one longer, but I just wanted to get it up so I can post for Jess. I really like Gill's character and I hope you guys do, too!
Also, idk, the girl at the end can be someone's character, or it can be an NPC that I'll randomly make up. I don't know. It's whatevs, yo.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:01 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

Jules

"What're ya doin'? Can't have you fallin' fer me already, can we?"

His Scottish accent startled me but in a way, I could relate. I had a heavy Spanish accent.

I laughed, adjusting my somewhat skimpy running shirt self consciously. Not too many people went on these trails.

"Sorry, I noticed somebody moving in down the street and I would've remembered seeing you around the neighborhood. I'm Jules," I shook his outstretched hand and leaned over with my hands on my knees, trying to slow my breathing.

"Nice to meet ye' Jules. I'm Gill."

"Can't say I'm head over heels yet," I joked, addressing his earlier comment, "I have a girlfriend," I added. Secretly, I wanted to gauge his reaction. Lots of people I'd met were not okay with being friends with me because of April. Which was a struggle, but one I was definitely willing to endure.

"What a shame," he said grinning, "The good ones are always lesbian." His blue eyes lit up and his freckles danced across his face as he smiled.

"Not lesbian. Not really sure what it is yet but I love April and I like boys as well so, we'll see. What are you doing out? Wouldn't want all those pretty freckles to burn," I said, poking fun. Ordinarily I wouldn't with a stranger but he seemed very laid back.

"You know, just wanted to relax. What about you? I mean, you're too tan to burn but still, not many people brave the heat to run this time o' day, I imagine."

"No," I replied, "They don't. But Saturday's and Sunday's are my only days off during the day so I like to enjoy the sunshine.

"Where do you work?" he asked.

"I don't," I said, blushing, "I dance. I have complete days of dance intensives beginning every morning at 8 am with tap and then ending every night at 6 pm with ballet."

"So you spend half the day tap dancing and the other half on yer' toes?" he asked, raising eyebrows that seemed barely there.

"No," I laughed, "an hour of tap, an hour of contemporary ballet, 2 hours of jazz, then lunch. 2 hours of hip hop, an hour of salsa and then 2 hours of classical ballet."

"Wow." he was shocked, "How do you not collapse after all that?"

"I run. And I imagine my girlfriend at the end of the dark, dark tunnel."

"Speaking of which, where is April. Thas' her name right?" I nodded, remembering that I'd mentioned it earlier.

"She's currently sleeping off a hangover," I said, "We went to a party last night."

"Oh. Speaking of which, I was thinking about having a party next Saturday. You should come, Jules. Bring yer' girl, too. And feel free to be lots of other girls too, but I would prefer it if they were single and into guys." I laughed and nodded,

"Of course, Gill. See you then."

"Bye."

I ran off after that, my long dark brown ponytail swishing behind me before I took out my cellphone and called April.

"Hey baby," she answered, sounding considerably more cheerful.

"Hi hon, what do you think of another party Saturday night?"

"Let me recover from the one last night first," she said chuckling. "What are you up to?"

"Running," I replied, "I'm almost done but you're welcome to join me."

"Um, no." she said, laughing once more. "But if you shower then you can come back and we could watch a movie or go out or something. Even if you don't shower first that's fine, I'm sure you're beautiful when you're hot and sweaty." her voice rose suggestively at the end of her comment, and my chest fluttered.

"I'll be right there."

I ran through the paths and into April's neighborhood. She lived about 5 miles from me and I'd already run the first 3 on the trails before I stopped to talk to Gil. The 2 miles, since I was pacing myself, took me about 20 minutes before I arrived, out of breath, at her front door.

I didn't even bother knocking, I just walked in and called out. "Hello?" I called, stepping into the kitchen to get some much needed water.

"Hey babe," April said, coming down the stairs. She stopped cold when she saw what I was wearing. "How do you manage to look so sexy even when you run? That should be illegal," she muttered, but she had a small smile on her face and I knew she didn't really care that I'd gone running in such a skimpy tank top.

She drew me into her arms, kissing me deeply. Just as I'd caught my breath, I'd lost it again.

"April," I pulled away, pausing. "Before, when we tried..." We had gone on a date that I hadn't known was a date at the time. This was before we were dating or I knew I liked girls. I'd ended up drunk with my dress and bra around my waist while making out with April which had really shaken me up. We hadn't tried anything like that since.

"If you're sure," she said, "Then I am."

"Of course," I murmured, kissing her again.

We went back up to her room. Or rather, racing back up to her room and leaping on the bed. It was like we couldn't get enough of each other, eyes and hands roaming.

I knew then that I was in heaven and April was my angel.

Spoiler! :
@NicoleBri it's cheesy, but I tried. @Ciblio I hope I did well with Gill
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:58 pm
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

April Elizabeth

Sex with Jules had been pretty great. Frankly, I hadn't thought about having sex with her in awhile, I guess I just wanted her to get used to this girlfriend stuff. She didn't seem so like excited about it as she did with other people, like guys.

Jules was a great part of my life. I didn't want to lose her.

I walked out to check my mail box around mid day, I had applied for some colleges around the area so I was looking forward to seeing if I got into anything.

Reaching in the mailbox, as I stared at the envelope, it was from the University of London, I forgotten that I had applied so many months ago that my breath got caught up. What happens if I get in? What about Jules? What if I was denied?? My heart was racing and I ran into the house.

Peeling open the envelope, I started skimming the lines.

"Congratulations on becoming a new student at the University of London, we look forward to meeting you soon."

Those were the last lines of the letter and I felt like I was going to faint.

"London here I come!!!" I screamed out loud.

No one was home so no one could hear me act like a fool.

-`-`-`-`-`

Jules.. I need to talk to you. In person. Meet @ Starbucks in 10? I sent the text. It was important that I talk to her. If I was to be going to London I am going to go there a month or two early, so I can get settled in a new apartment. My money had been saving for years now.

I'd love too! her reply was quick.

She just didn't realize the kind of news I would be telling her. I don't want to hurt her, or us.

----

"Two Caramel latte's please." I asked the barista. She smiled.

"That will be 4.25." I gave her the money and took the ticket until they finished the order. Jules hadn't gotten there yet but I wanted a latte so I ordered her one as well.

Within five minutes the order was done and I was sitting in the back booth where it is hard to see me. Jules and I always sat there so she knew where I'd be.

"Hey babe." It was Jules, she always knew how to make me smile. I looked at her and I saw nothing but beauty. She always made my heart skip a beat.

She sat down and I gave her the other latte.

"What's wrong?" She asked, her voice was pure concern. I didn't want her to feel worried.

"Jules, I love you. I really do. But... I got this letter from the University of London today.."

I laughed but it was kind of mixed with joy and sadness.

"needless to say... I got in." I finished.

She smiled. It was as though she didn't understand what I was trying to say.

"Congratulations babe!" she said and reached over the table kissing me.

Mid-kiss I think she finally realized it..

"Wait...but April... what does that leave us too?" she asked.

I looked down at the ground.

"I'm sorry Jules... but I think we should break up." As I said that final sentence. Tears strolled down my eyes. It was for the best, I knew I couldn't give up this opportunity that had been shoved in my face.

"What about yesterday April?? Does that mean shit to you?" she asked. Her anger was shown and tears rolled down her red cheeks. I hurt her.. that was the last thing I ever wanted to do.

"Jules. Of course it meant something to me. I.. I.. didn't even think I would ever get into this school when I applied.. it was just something that happened." I tried explaining everything but Jules was too hurt.

We were standing and she reached over and slapped me, it was hard and it hurt. She left the coffee shop and everything just seemed distant. My line of view was fading.

Who was I?

Spoiler! :
@Gravity I hope this was okay. This isn't the end for April. :) But her life will be in London now so you will see her transition. I might not post for her as much though.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:29 pm
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

Isabelle Lee

Helping Carina into the car I took the keys and got in the driver side.

"Thank you... Isabelle." I heard her mumble.

Jasmine had gotten into the driver side back seat as well with Carina. She had already passed out so I knew it was a good idea for me to drive.

"Hey! Wait up!" a male voice had yelled. I was assuming they were hollering for me so I rolled the passenger side window down.

It was James.

"Let me follow behind you. I will bring you home afterwards." he was shoving pizza and plain ass bread in his mouth so I knew he had gotten somewhat sober. And I agreed.

I knew Carina from school and I knew where she lived, we never really talked that much but a girl like me, well; we know where everyone lives.

Jasmine was right, I was a bitch. She was drunk that's the only reason she didn't get punched in the damn face earlier.

I helped Carina into her house and hurriedly left after she was safe in bed. Jasmines house was five blocks away so I drove there and just left her asleep in her back seat. Throwing the keys into the driver seat, I slammed the car door and hopped into the passenger seat of Jame's car.

"You came to my rescue?" I asked him, jokingly.

"A prince always rescues the damsel in distress." his reply was silly but it was true. He did always save me. Mostly in my dire times of need.

"Thank you." I told him. We were still sitting in the drive way of Jasmines house but I didn't care.

"I don't mind rescuing you Isabelle. I love you."

His honesty made my heart ache.

Without thinking he pulled me close to him and kissed me. My breath was caught, I was still buzzing a little so of course I let him.

His kiss was passionate.

I pulled away.

"Take me home please." I told him. He didn't say a word, he stared at me but knew what he did was wrong.

We drove to my house in silence.

-`-`-`-`--`-`-`

I got home and texted Carina's phone. She would see it in the morning.

Hey Carina. I hope you are feeling okay when you wake up. Take some Tylenol and you should be fine. This is Isabelle by the way. We should hang out more. Byee!

I sent the text and sat in bed. Philip would most likely ride home with his pal so I wasn't too worried.

I got dressed in a silk night gown and went to bed.

Spoiler! :
@Savvy I hope this was okay.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

271 Reviews

Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:09 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

Adrian

Jessie and I left the hotel room the next morning fairly late. We'd stayed to eat breakfast and I'd suggested watching a movie but Jessie was anxious to see her baby. To be honest, I experienced a little separation anxiety as well, Isaac was my son just as much as he was Jessie's.

"We're home," I called out softly, not wanting to wake the baby if he was asleep. He normally napped around noon or 1:00 and then again towards 6:00 but if he was sleeping I wasn't going to be the one to wake him.

Turns out, I needn't have worried. Jessie and I lugged our overnight bags through the door to see Isaac crawling around the pristine rug while grinning at Cole. He looked up as soon as we walked in, raising his arms toward Jessie.

She dropped her bag and rushed forward, picking up her son. "Hi, sweet boy," she whispered, kissing his cheek as he grabbed at her blonde hair.

"Was he good?" I asked Cole.

She nodded vigorously, "We had a lot of fun. We played trucks and watched Bubble Guppies. He got a little fussy when taking his bottle but I managed." Isaac hated drinking from a bottle. Jessie pumped milk when she couldn't be there to breastfeed, he wasn't on formula yet, but he preferred the closeness of having her there.

Isaac began tugging on Jessie's shirt just then, exposing her bra noticeably. Jessie never minded this but Colette respectfully averted her eyes.

Jessie laughed, "Guess that's my cue." I picked up her discarded bag and followed her back to the bedroom, helping her get comfortable with pillows and such.

"Yeah, I'm really sore, I waited to long to feed him," Jessie said, wincing slightly as he latched on.

"Sorry, love, next time we won't stay away for as long." I left the bedroom to go sit with Cole on the couch.

"So, did you get laid?" Cole asked, grinning. The American expression sounded so weird on her lips with her French accent, so strange that it made me laugh.

"None of your business," I chuckled, "but we did have a nice time. Thank you. And thank you for taking care of my son."

"It's no problem," she said, smiling. She leaned in to give me a hug, "I feel like it's been forever since we actually spent time together."

I returned the hug, "we live together," I said, laughing.

"I know, but you've been so wrapped up with Jessie and the baby. I just miss you, that's all. You're my best friend."

"I'm sorry, things have just been so crazy. I have to go in to work tonight, too. Speaking of which," I fingered the new bracelet on Cole's wrist, "did Rupert buy you that?"

"Yeah, he did. I love it." It was so fitting, perfect for her.

"I'm glad you two are happy. Maybe we should all go on a double date." I suggested, immediately regretting it. That would be the most awkward double date in the world. Both Rupert and Colette were not huge fans of Jessie, nor our relationship, though they were both warming up.

"You and I both know that wouldn't be a good idea." She murmured, almost as if she ready my mind.

"I know," I sighed, "I just wish you two would come around. I love you, Colette, we've known each other since before we were born. We're more than just cousins, we're good friends. Jessie is my soul mate and I'm going to marry her, but I don't want that marriage to come between us."

"I'm sorry," she said, averting her eyes, "I'm grateful to Jessie for her being there for you but I can't get past it. She tried to take my happiness away from me."

"That was so long ago, she's much different now," I countered.

"I know," Cole replied, doubtfully, "I know."

Spoiler! :

267 Reviews

Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:08 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz

The party was amazing, to say the least. Jessie had gotten engaged to Adrian, and she really deserved it. I wasn't mad, I was honestly happy for her. I treated her like shit, she really deserved a man like him. I know they've only known each other for a short while, but it was enough time for them.

We weren't right for each other. We've both found people who work for us. I've found my other half as well.

I was completely and hopelessly in love with Colette.

"Hey, Merrick." I caught his attention.

We were at Starbucks, grabbing our morning coffee before heading out for a hike. He was the more outdoorsey type, not that I didn't enjoy it either, but he had this idea to go out at seven to go explore nature. I would've suggested like afternoon time, but the sky did look great at this hour.

"Yeah yeah, lemme just finish this sentence." he replied.

I'm sure he was texting Hawthorne. Those two have been like two peas in a pod. I know, cheesy, but true.

"What time do you wanna reach there?" I asked anyway.

He put his phone down on the table and looked at me.

"Uh, I'd say in an hour... with the drive we should make it by then." The sun brightened his tired face as he covered his eyes. "Or let's go now, this is gonna kill me." he motioned at the windows.

I chuckled and stood up, taking my coffee with me. The scent of burned coffee filled my nose as I passed the counter stocked with baristas.

I can see why Merrick wanted to come at this ungodly hour. It was quiet. It was very calming, with just the animals popping out every now and again. The nature was breathtaking, I couldn't get enough of the trees, so tall and casting over us. Even the mud beneath us fascinated me.

"Is this where you go to forget your problems?" I asked into the abyss.

I lost Merrick about five minutes ago, but I knew he wouldn't steer far.

"Wouldn't you?" He replied from my left.

Peering through the trees, I saw him waving at me. There was a small entrance among st the branches that he motioned for me to go through.

"There's a waterfall ahead, you need to check it out. And take a bunch of pics of that dude." he said.

I couldn't put down my camera here. He suggested that I bring it with me and now I know why. He wanted to to photograph his space. Show the world how beautiful the quiet really can be. I squeezed my way through, trying to avoid all the branches from scratching my skin off. Once I got through I stood up straight and followed his lead.

And he did not lie. Just a few minute walk and there it was. There was an opening in the forest and out came the bright blue sky and the rush of water escaping us to the bottom. There was a big pond on the bottom with all different kinds of flowers lining it. I caught my breath in my throat as I stared, too engrossed to even think about taking out my camera. The air even felt more dignified.

"Rup, pictures." Merrick reminded me.

I pulled up my camera and started snapping away from the top.

"We need to go down there dude." I said after a couple dozen shots.

"I got you."

When we walked through the forest, down, he took me to the bottom of the waterfall. The rushing water was louder, taking over my hearing. The flowers seemed more vibrant and the mud was definitely squishy. Water splashed at us as it dropped into the pond.

I snapped a few more photos, satisfied with my result.

"I'm gonna propose to Colette." I said, placing my camera back into my bag.

Spoiler! :

267 Reviews

Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:30 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Dafnie Serena Leto

School was coming close and I had not done anything this summer but go to parks, work, and go to one party. This was a time to get some exercise. Not like I enjoyed that very much. I decided to take a run around my neighborhood. I had my earphones on, listening to some ZAYN. It was warm out, the wind blew softly, enough to wipe off any access sweat.

As I passed one house, I spotted the girl from the amusement park. She looked sickly. She was holding her head in her hand as she tossed the garbage out. I pulled out one ear hone and stopped in my tracks, smiling and waving at her.

"Hey, I remember you from the park. How you feelin'?" I questioned.

"Hi," she paused, squinting at me. The sun must be bothering her." I could be better. I drank a little more than I should honestly." she giggled.

"Ahh, I know that feeling. Were you at Rupert's as well?" I may not really know her, but if she lived so close, I'm sure she attended the same school. So she must have been there last night.

"Sadly," her sarcasm is on point.

"I'm Dafnie Serena Leto, yes, that Leto." I smiled, sticking my hand out so she can shake it.

She took it, shaking like a true professional.

"Carina Jaxin, but people call me Carrie."

I pulled my hand away and nodded.

"Carrie, your sarcasm has made my day. I can never find a counterpart with that, seriously."

She laughed at this. "Dude, I'm the same."

"Do you maybe wanna grab a coffee?" I suggested.

Spoiler! :
@Savvy

271 Reviews

Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:55 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

Jules

I sat in my bedroom, numb.

Jules, please. I never meant to hurt you. I still want to be friends, please talk to me.

Please forgive me, I really didn't want to hurt you.

Are you okay?

Each text sent a stab of pain through my chest. I had given everything for her. I had questioned my identity to my core for her. And she just up and left the first chance she got.

I looked at the clock. It was Saturday night, Gill's party. It would be starting soon.

I really just wanted to forget. I wanted to get wasted and not care anymore. I wanted to lose myself.

I put on a tight, low cut, short black skirt with a loose but low cut white tank top and impossibly high red heels. I put on bright red lipstick. I wanted to forget.

I left the house, walking to the end of the block where I could hear the thumping music already starting. People were walking up to the door and ringing the doorbell, but I just went right in.

Gill was by the door, mingling with the people who had already shown up. There was a pretty good turn out, already, and a few people had already filled red solo cups with beer.

"Hey, Gill," I said flatly, unable to not think about April.

"Oh hey, Jules." He looked me up and down, his eyes practically bugging out of his head, "You look good."

"Thanks," I said, standing next to him. He had a beer in his hand.

"May I...?" I asked, and he handed the solo cup to me.

I gulped almost the entire thing, the bitter taste leaving fire in my esophagus, putting a warmth in my belly that wasn't there before.

"Dang, Jules, you really know how to knock it down, don't ye?" He asked and I nodded.

"Growing up in Spain does that to you," I replied.

"I'm Scottish, I win," he said, walking over to the keg and getting us both fresh drinks.

I draped myself around him, drinking until I felt a slight pleasant buzz. This wasn't me, but I was enjoying the attention.

Eventually, I untangled myself from Gill and walked around, looking at his house. It was big and modern, all sleek lines and sharp edges. Eventually, I thought I saw someone familiar.

I took another slug of beer, "James?" I asked, and he turned around. I was feeling more buzzed, now pretty tipsy as I walked up to him, hugging him.

"Do you need a drink?" I asked, realizing my voice was slightly slurred. I was more drunk than I had originally thought.

"I've already had a few," he said, "Looks like you have too."

I giggled, it was impossibly funny to me and I pressed myself against him.

"Where's April?" he asked, pushing me away from him a little.

I pressed closer, undeterred, "We're not together anymore," I said, feeling a slight pang of sadness. I shoved it away.

"Oh. I'm sorry t-" I kissed him then, wrapping my arms around his neck and grinding against him.

"Jules," but I pulled him towards a bedroom,

"What James? Isn't this what you've always wanted?" I teased, teetering on my heels a bit.

"Oh hell," he said, taking a drink of beer before setting his cup down and following me.

I opened the first door I saw. It looked like a guest room as it was completely empty and done in neutral colors.

I tore off my shirt, kissing him and pushing him down to the bed.

"Jules, are you sure?" he asked.

I nodded, "of course."

I came to eventually, wrapped in really soft sheets with somebody next to me. In the next room, the bass was still thumping. I checked my phone. It was 2 am, I'd shown up at 9. What had I been doing for 5 hours?

I was still buzzed, but I had definitely regained more of my senses. There was a boy laying next to me, but I couldn't see his face.

A notification caught my eye. April.

I'm really worried about you, please text me to tell me you're okay.

April. The pain cut into my chest once more and I couldn't breathe. The soreness between my legs left me with no doubt what had happened in this room. I felt so guilty, so dirty. This guy, whoever he was, was a random hookup. I didn't know him. I didn't need to know him.

I stumbled out of the bed, slipping on my skirt and top, my shoes hanging from one hand. I looked out in the hallway before inching my way out of the room, shutting the door softly. I turned into the kitchen, trying to find a back door. Lucky for me, I found one, and I ran across the grass. I unlocked the back gate and cut from the sidewalk to the street, finding my way home.

I reached for my phone, about to tell April to leave me alone but I realized I left it at Gill's. I looked back towards his house, the thumping lights and people leaving. The empty red solo cups on the lawn.

I couldn't face it. I just wanted to go home, go to sleep and never wake up.

So I continued down the street, to my host parent's house, and slipped quietly through the front door.

Spoiler! :
Last edited by Gravity on Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

271 Reviews

Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:45 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

Colette

Adrian and Jessie were wrapped up in their own little world and I honestly didn't think they noticed me until Jessie sat down next to me on the couch with Isaac when Adrian was at work.

"Hi," she said, cradling his sleeping figure.

"Hi," I replied, my eyes trained on the Gossip Girl rerun. Americans were so dramatic and carefree with their money, I loved it.

"So listen, I was wondering. You know Adrian's tastes better than I do at this point, I mean you've known each other your whole lives, right?"

I dragged my eyes away from the screen where Nate had just been kissing Blaire. It was an earlier episode. "Yeah, we're best friends," I said.

"I want most of the wedding to be a surprise for him. With most weddings I've noticed it's all about the bride, but it's his day too. I really want to do something that will wow him and be a day that we never forget."

"Adrian isn't difficult to please, you could probably just go to the courthouse and he would be just as happy. If I know my cousin, he'll be more concerned about what you want than what he wants." I told her. Jessie pursed her lips, nodding. She'd suspected this.

"Well, what kinds of things did he like to do in France?" she asked.

"You're marrying him and you don't know his hobbies?" I felt bad as soon as I said it and she looked a little embarrassed, but I was shocked.

"Well I know that he loves to cook, but he doesn't talk about his life in France, much." she said, her finger absentmindedly adjusting Isaac's blanket.

"Well Paris is a very big place. It's loud and can be kinda dirty and uncomfortable at times, so one thing Adrian really loved to do once every few months was get out of the city and go hiking. He said it found him peace. He gave you a ring with a vine pattern, right?" I said, gesturing at her finger.

She smiled, her cheeks turning a happy shade of pink as she looked at her ring, "Yes, it's beautiful isn't it?" she said, and I nodded.

"Maybe you could do a forest theme. Have it out in the woods under the trees. Obviously we're in Seattle so it rains all the time, that might be problematic with hair and things. But we could do everything under large tents so the rain wouldn't matter anyway. It would be quiet and peaceful but also fun for everybody."

Jessie nodded, liking the idea. "Yes but the rain really is an issue, even with tents. I mean, is the aisle supposed to be under a tent, too?"

"You're not the only bride in Seattle who wants to do an outdoor wedding. We could probably find a venue with very naturalistic but classy overhangs, so like buildings that are open faced. If the aisle and the altar are underneath a pavilion, that would be really lovely as well and weather wouldn't matter in that case either."

"That's a really good idea," she said, "centering the theme around the ring. What color scheme would we do?"

"Well, we would do greens, probably. I would say for bridesmaid's dresses do a forest green but in a shady forest you probably want a pop of a lighter color to complement your white dress, otherwise everything will be too dark. So instead, you could do a lighter yet neutral Sage green that would liven up the place, contrast the forest, and also not draw too much attention away from the dress."

"Colette, I swear, you're a genius." She said, softly, grinning. "How do you come up with all of this?"

"I'm an artist," I said, shrugging, "I guess I just have a knack for it."

"I didn't know that you did art," Jessie said, "That's really cool."

"Thank you." I gave her a small smile, Jessie wasn't so bad after all.

"Could you help me plan the wedding? For Adrian? I want a blend of our tastes and I can't think of a better way than to have his best friend help plan the wedding," she said, looking hopefully at me.

I inhaled deeply. I had a lot of mixed feelings about Jessie and with what I had gone through the previous year, I wasn't sure I could handle it mentally. I was still experiencing a lot of problems with anxiety and depression and working with Jessie would be an added strain.

"When is the wedding?" I asked.

"Adrian and I said sometime in August."

"Are you crazy? That's 2 months from now, if you want a summer wedding then we need a venue booked like today. And you need to find your dress like now if you want time for proper alterations!" I said, and she looked very apologetic.

"Do you think it's doable?" she asked. I pondered a little bit more, gazing pensively at Isaac. I wanted my cousin to have the best day of his life and Jessie obviously didn't know much about weddings. And it could be fun...

"Okay," I told her, "I'll do it. Tomorrow we need to start looking at venues, there is a lot to do and not much time to do it. I'll research online to see if we can find anything outdoorsy that happens to have a date in August available, okay?"

Jessie nodded, "Thanks Colette, it means a lot."

Spoiler! :

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:42 pm
View Likes
Ciblio says...

Gill

The week flew by fast; so fast that Gill didn't even realize that it was the day of his party.

"I'm off ta work, Giolla," his mother's thick accent called throughout the halls that were still stacked with boxes from the move. "do me a favor and get'yer sis somethin' to eat!"

Before he could protest that she was old enough to get herself food, the front door slammed shut and silence followed the 'click' of the doorknob.

It was early; maybe about 7:30. It'd been awhile since he'd gotten home from his morning run, and Kenna was still sleeping.

He pulled his phone out of his pocket as he slid onto a stool at the island, and typed out a quick message to half of his contacts, "Party tonight as Gill's. 901 Corris Grove, @8. Bring booze for entrance? Spread the word."

Quickly, he leaped up to start cleaning. In eight hours, he had to get rid of his sister, put the boxes in the basement, clean the kitchen, lock doors that people weren't allowed in and set up snacks that drunken 16-18 y/os would definitely eat.

"Dia dhuit? Kenna!" Gill called up the stairs, his voice echoing, "c'mon down, I'm taking you to ya friends!"

You could hear rustling, then the high-pitched whining of his little sister as she cried, "I'm not supposed to be over until 2 PM, muc!"

"You're goin' over early, then!"

8:01 PM, Friday Night

As soon as he turned the key in the last lock, the doorbell rang. He hurried quickly to answer it, and was met with several smiling face, and four 12-packs of Bud Light.

"Come on in," he smiled, his teeth shining like the people in the commercials.

The Struts played in the background, their song 'Could Have Been Me' almost over.

He recognized a couple of the faces that stepped past his doorway, but he couldn't put names to faces.

Within 30 minutes people were stumbling along the stairs, dancing to 'Or Nah' by The Weeknd in his living room, refilling their drinks and milling around in the front yard.

Luke strutted over to him, a cup in his hand and a girl on his side. He flashed a tooth grin, and said, "Nice party. Where's your date?"

Gill shrugs, "Don't have one."

"Yet," the girl on Luke's side giggled, as her eyes trailed over Gill's attire; just a simple outfit, made up of a grey T-shirt, blue jeans and vans. After a moment, Luke led the girl with the wandering eyes away, leaving Gill alone again.

Just then, the girl he'd met in the park sauntered through the doorway, with a dress so tight you could point out her every feature. She swayed towards him, her face painted with make-up and body looking irresistible. Gill couldn't help but wonder how old she was.

"Hey, Gill," she said, her accent heavy with her Origin and what seemed like sorrow.

"Oh hey, Jules," he greeted, the half-empty cup in his hand feeling too heavy for a couple of seconds, "You look good."

She moved to where she was standing next to me and said, "Thanks," before eyeing the cup in my hand, "May I?"

He offered it to her reluctantly, and watched as she gulped the rest of the alcohol down.

"Dang, Jules, you really know how to knock it down, don't ye?" Gill laughed, only slightly buzzed from the beverages he'd consumed. The girl nodded once.

"Growing up in Spain does that to you," she laughed; Spain? That explained a lot.

"I'm Scottish, I win," Gill replied swiftly as he quickly got them both new cups filled to the rim.

Once he handed the girl her drink, she slid her arms over his shoulders, her legs barely entwined with his. She already smelled of alcohol, and it didn't go well with her citrus-ey perfume.

Gill stood there, sipping on his beer as if it were tea or lemonade while staring out at the dancing crowd and laughing teenagers as Jules clung to him, gulping down her own drink.

Eventually, she untangled herself and stumbled away, as if she hadn't been all up in his shit two minutes ago.

Another guy from school waltzed up to him, his teeth white and hair slicked back with gel. He sported a large red mark on his forehead, and lifted his drink in the air every time the song got louder. After a moment, he slurred over the music, "Nice party, bro. Saw you with that foreign girl, Jade. She's hot, yeah?"

Gill nods once and takes another sip, mainly focusing on what time he was going to get up tomorrow.

"You gonna hit it, or what?" the guy laughs, as if it were a joke.

"I don't hit anything," Gill says as he clears his throat, "because women deserve more respect and treatment than that."

The guy seemed confused, his lip curling up slightly as if Gill were joking; after a moment, he rubbed his nose and said, "I'm gonna refill my drink."

Gill nodded, and watched the guy slink away.

"Pony" by Genuwine came on seconds later, and instantly girls were grabbing at guys to dance with them. Before Gill could escape the plethora of crazed females, he was yanked into the middle of the crowd.

It smelled like sweat, alcohol and hormones. His body moved to the song, since he was already in the crowd and wouldn't be able to get out and the girl against him grabbed at his shirt.

At least he was involved.

Spoiler! :
can somebody please talk to Gill. he's a sad little guy that runs too much and talks to girls...too less
help
Last edited by Ciblio on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

Reviews: 0
Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:35 pm
View Likes
TheForgottenKing says...

Natalie

"So, have you ever ridden before?" I asked Thorne. I felt her nod." Ya, a few times, but never extensively." She responded. I smiled." Well, your doing really well for someone who has only ridden a few times." She laughed." Coming from you, I appreciate it."

Soon, we reached my dad's ranch, The Iron Bar K, and pulled to a stop in front of the stables. Thorne slid off as I waited for her, than I dismounted." I need to stable Charger first, than we can go get your truck." I said, leading Charger by the reins towards his stall. Thorne followed curiously, studying all the horses as we passed them.

"How does your family make all the money to support this?" She asked in wonder. I made a face." My dad also owns a ranch down in Texas. One of the largest beef ranches in the world. We cater to most fast food places actually. Chances are, you've already had our beef at some point in time." I slid open Charger's stall.

When he was inside, I began to take off all his tack. Thorne watched as I mechanically began polishing it and putting it all back in the tack room." An than there's my mom. She's a seamstress for all the bigwigs in the world. She's worked with almost every A-list actor or actress. So that helps put up this little ranch. And we offer trail rides on the side along with lessons."

"So what do you do?" Thorne asked curiously.

I smiled."I ride competitively in the spring and summer. And go to school of course." Thorne nodded."Ya, I think I've seen you in some of the school plays." I nodded, blushing."I'm usually a lead haha." Thorne smiled as I slid the door to Chargers stall closed, than locked it. I turned to her, running my dirty hands on my jeans."Well, let's go get your car started up." I said happily, leading the way to the ranch truck.

Soon we were on our way back down the road as we sat silently in the cab. A bit awkward, but I was comfortable with it. Soon we pulled up to her car, and she got out as I turned the truck around to begin the process of jump starting her car.

When the deed was done I stood there a bit shyly, than spoke out." You know, if you'd ever like to hang out, or maybe ride horses together, your more than welcome too." I blurted. Hawthorne smiled."I think I'd like that." She said, before getting into her car, waving, than driving off. I watched for a minute or so before getting back into the truck and heading back home.
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

One is not born, but rather becomes a woman.
— Simone de Beauvoir, The Second Sex