Young Writers Society

Lincoln Wood Private College Prep

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:49 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz

I was planning on going to Jessie's after my encounter with Colette. But that didn't really work out as planned. I was hoping she would apologize and we would go together. Guess she had other things on her mind.

Like hating me.

The words she said still burn in my mind. It was unreal, she couldn't have said any of it. I treated her the best that I could, I fucking love her.

I was by my locker when I saw Isabelle talking to some new guy. He has that rich guy look to him, like pretty much all of us here, but he had that smudge of mystery to him that caught my attention. It was the way he was looking at Isabelle, as if they had some kind of secret among each other. I eyed them for a while as they walked past me, talking.

There was this strange feeling inside of me that made me want to stop them from talking. But, I turned back to my locker and took a deep breath. She's a big girl, she loves Paul, she would never do anything to hurt him.

"Boo!" someone said from behind me.

I turned around, feeling my heart beat right out of my chest. I must have jumped since my phone was on the floor instead of my hand.

"Did I scare you?" Dafnie's eyebrows creased together. "I'm sorry!"

"No, no, it's fine." I murmured.

"Okay,"

I bent down to get my phone than faced her again.

"I need you," she said, her voice soft.

In these loud hallways it was hard to hear anything she said right now. There were people crowding around us, preparing to go home after a gruesome eight hours in this prison we call school.

"Why?" I asked. "We aren't really the friendly type."

"I got you a ticket to go see Cole." she reminded me, causing a pang to go straight through my heart. "We are the friendly type."

"Thank you again,"

She shifted her weight from one foot to the other, avoiding eye contact. I shut my locker and than leaned against it, ready to hear what she wanted me to know.

"You're the only person who knows the pain I'm going through right now. I want to talk to someone who's going through it at the same time." Her eyes got shiny, tears were collecting in them as she tried her best to push them away. "I need you to tell me what you would do."

My head felt heavy as she spoke and suddenly the world felt distant, as if I wasn't really there. I took in a small breath and met Dafnie's eyes. They were as blue as a Sapphire. I remember when long ago those blue eyes were the only things I could see for days.

"What do you mean?" I managed to ask, slicing the thick tension in half.

"Would you leave, if you could?"

And that's when I knew exactly what she was talking about. Looking behind her at the crowded hallway, I saw Paul. He was talking to a group of friends, but he had his eyes on Dafnie, knowing that her talking to me was the strangest sighting. I looked back at her, noticing how pale she had gotten.

"Yeah, I would fucking never come back." I huffed, anger seethed through my veins.

She just nodded, staring back at me, as if trying to find something in my eyes that would confirm or deny what I had just said. My heart raced as memories flew past my mind about her. The way I had played her and yet, loved her. She was one of those girls that got away because you were dumb and irrational. One of those girls you wouldn't get back with because you hurt them and you wouldn't be able to live that down.

"Thank you," she smiled, a small smile, but it was enough to make me smile. I hope I didn't make her do something crazy. And then, she wrapped her arms around my neck, squeezing me. Her warmth comforted me, so I wrapped my arms around her waist, enjoying the familiarity of it. And this is how we were for a few minutes, just wrapped up in each others' arms as if that would solve all of our problems. She was breathing heavily into the crook of my neck, I knew she was crying. Her tears dripped down my shirt.

"It's okay," I assured her.

She pulled away, wiping her tears with the sleeve of her sweater. I smiled down at her, already missing the warmth of her body. Her eyes wandered around us until they stopped directly behind me. I saw panic rise in her features, so I turned around as saw Colette. Her jaw was dropped and her eyes got cold. I felt guilty, sure I did, but for nothing. Dafnie was my friend, I was being friendly. And, Cole broke up with me. So she shouldn't feel shit.

"Whatever," I huffed, walking past her, bumping my shoulder into hers. "Like you fucking care." and she was behind me with Dafnie.

My heart cracked from the words I said, and then I remembered something.

Would you leave, if you could?

Spoiler! :
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

267 Reviews

Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:44 pm
Nike says...

Philip Masterson

I did good, didn't I? I let Jessie have Isaac, and I apologized, and I understood what I did. And she forgave me. In a way. She let me see Isaac. I knew we would never be together, we wouldn't work, one reason would be because we didn't love each other. But she had Adrian... for now. Hes not a promise for forever, he's a promise for now. But, I wish he was for forever, because Isaac deserves that. I will never be fit for a dad, nonetheless, I'll try my best. I've done my part in the mess, now I have to live in it. And it's good that I'm not too mad about it.

"We have an arrange of colors, sir." the store clerk told me.

"It's fine, I'd like this one." I replied.

There was this wooden crib standing just in front of me. It swung when you pushed it, it was big enough to have a two year old in it. The clerk mentioned that it was top of the line perfection for any parent and child. I smiled as he led me to the cash register, ringing up the crib for me. I had swiped my card.

His hair was balding, so he had to be around his fifties, even the bags under his eyes looked displeasing. But he had the nicest personality, he made you feel as if you were special. That may just be the customer service training.

"I'll just go grab the box from the back, just wait here. You sure about that color though? We have many more." he smiled.

"I'm positive." my mind wandered, imagining Isaac in that crib. Eventually I'll have him in my house a few times, I'm sure, and I want to be prepared.

He deserves at least that. I looked over the store, noticing all the baby stuff that would be great for Isaac. But, I couldn't shower him with toys, I highly doubt that Jessie would be fine with that. A few customers were behind me, murmuring among themselves. The store clerk came back with a huge box and handed it over to me. I took it, lifting the weight.

"Thank you." I smiled at him.

"Have a nice day sir," he smiled back, ahhh good ol' customer service.

I left the store, feeling the cool air drip down my spine. My car was only a few rows away in the parking lot of the plaza, so I wandered with the box barely sitting in my arms. My car was just a few feet away when I noticed something off, it was in the air, something metallic. I turned my head but saw no one, just cars.

My heart raced as I approached the trunk, opening it and sliding the box it. But before I could close it, I felt something cold touch my temple. All the air in my body escaped and I was left frozen.

"You're a new father, huh?" a guy with a husky voice said from behind me.

I turned around and met eye to eye with a mask. It looked like those ones' from The Purge. It was hard to breathe when I noticed the gun that was still pressed against my head.

"What a pity it would be to have the child father-less," he shook his head, his voice muffled by the mask.

I swallowed hard, remembering that I actually wanted to live, that even though I did shit things, I can still fix them. Or make them better. Jessie gave me a second chance, I can prove to her that I'm good.

"What are you doing?" I asked, seething confidence. "Is this a fucking joke?"

"Does it look like a joke, fancy man?"

He pressed the gun into my temple, causing me to cringe. "Just give us the car and a million dollars and the child will see their father tonight."

"I'm just in high school! I don't have that kind of money!" I huffed.

"Well, you can be a father?"

"Who says I'm a dad, I just bought a crib!"

"Fancy pants, cough up the cash. We know exactly who you are."

I looked around, trying to see what he meant by 'we'. But there was no one else around. Was he mentally unstable?

"Dude, why don't you just leave me alone. I can't use my dad's cash." I admitted, trying to ignore the fact that I started to shiver.

He tilted his head and I tried to catch some features that I would recognize him by. But there was nothing. If I ran right now, he could probably kill me. He would probably kill me. People do stupid things, like this for example.

"Oh, isn't that too bad?" he pulled the gun away, leaving my body more relaxed.

Maybe I could run now? I had the car keys in my pocket, I slyly put my hands in my pockets, shifting around for the open button.

"Looks like we have one way of getting what we want."

"Dude, this isn't a horror movie. Go be an actor or something, just leave me alone." I hissed. "No one actually does this."

"See, you think that because you don't see it. Because you were blinded by the perfect lifestyle your parents gave you. But in all honesty, the rich are the ones who only experience this. Why? Cause why rob the poor if we are the poor?"

He kept on talking but I ignored it, grabbing the key part of the keys'. My feet were running before I could think it. I opened the car, hopped in, and started it, locking the doors. My heart was racing as I tried to catch my breath. I shifted the gear as the guy pounded on my doors, trying to get in. I sped off, thankful that the wind caused the trunk to close. I swiveled through the lot and went for the exit, ignoring the stop sign.

I turned into the road and sped, ignoring the fact that all the others cars were going only thirty five and I was going fifty. My adrenaline was pumping, making me want to go back and run him over. But it wasn't worth it. I turned into a side street already making my way back home.

Something flew through my windshield, causing the glass to shatter. I ducked, slamming on the brakes, than realizing, maybe stopping wasn't smart. I hit the gas and looked back up, seeing a guy laugh in front of me under the street light, a new guy with a Scream mask.

Was this a fucking nightmare? Can I wake up now?

I sped by the guy and he just kept on laughing. My eyes were wide when I rode down the street. Blood started trailing down my clothes, I looked and saw pieces of glass jabbed into my arms and stomach. They weren't too deep and there weren't many, I'd make it home. The adrenaline was keeping the pain away.

I took a right, then a left, but as I took the left, a car slammed into me, causing my car to hit the stop sign and stop completely. My heart was racing because I knew that this wasn't just a freak accident. I had to run.

Taking my phone from the center console, I jumped out from my side, happy that the back was only hit. It was dented from the inside even. The pole had crashed through my windows. The other car was an SUV, silver. The guy had started to climb out so I bolted down the side walk, making all the craziest turns so he wouldn't find me. I had dialed up the police.

"What is your emergency?" the sweet lady asked form the other end.

"I'm being followed by a group of lunatics who want to kill me for ransom. They want money and I'm running and I'm praying that they don't catch up." I saw almost out of breath.

This can't be a dream, it's too real. I felt the pain of the car hitting the pole, my head was panging from the car door. I had hit it as it stopped.

"We have your location sir, please standby, hide, but be in the general vicinity as you are and the police will be there." her voice was more assertive, leaving me less strained. "Please stay on the line."

"Okay, thank you." I smiled, finding a dumpster just next to me. Looking around, I saw no one, so I hopped in, breathing in the stench of trash for like a year. But this wasn't the time to complain.

Then I heard running from in front of me. I was on high alert. Maybe it was the cops. But would they come so quickly?

"Would they be here already?" I whispered into the phone.

"Not yet, they will be there in five minutes."

Maybe those were passersby. I couldn't risk getting out though. Those guys would kill them if they tried to help me, I'm sure. So I stayed put, hearing the talking, which struck me as familiar.

"Hey, what if it's his girlfriend, he's saying his last words." one of the guys laughed.

"Which one of his girlfriends? Jessie or Kathy?"

Oh my fucking God. My heart was uncontrollable and I felt like I couldn't breathe. Sirens were going off around us, yes, great victory. They'll make it. I let out a breath and held onto the phone.

"Or the cops you wankers!" one of them yelled. "We need to go!"

"Not before we kill him. He has his dads' cards on him."

"Really dude? No, I'm not going to jail because you have beef with this guy. He's not that bad. Let's go!"

Listen to the wise one, please.

Oh was I wrong.

The dumpster lid lifted and I shimmied my way deeper into the garbage, coating myself so I'd be hidden. The stench climbed up my nose, causing me the dry heave. But i kept quiet, trying not to imagine bugs crawl up my body.

"How cozy." he snickered.

And then a gun shot, as loud as you could imagine. Pain flared through my leg, climbing up the rest of my body. He couldn't see where I was at exactly, but he pinpointed well enough to shoot me at least. I clutched my leg as he slammed the lid back down. Sitting up, I cringed, letting tears spill from my eyes. It felt like someone was slicing my leg in half.

"Sir, are you alright? I heard a gun shot! There are cops in your area looking for you. Please describe you location." she waited for me but I couldn't speak. This was the end, wasn't it? "Sir, please!"

"In a ratty dumpster... in an alley... bleeding to death." I huffed out, biting my lip.

I looked down at my chest and noticed it was bleeding as well. Maybe that was why I was light headed.

What a great death, in a dumpster, alone.

But we all really die alone. So what difference was this. I let myself cry even more, unable to breathe.

There was a shard of glass sticking out, it was small, but that was the reason my chest was in pain, not because of my stress. I pulled it out, regretting it the minute it came out. It was long and sharp. It got in my chest really deep. More blood started gurgling out, leaving me hopeless.

The lid of the dumpster went up, flooding me with light. a few cops were standing around, talking to me, but I couldn't hear shit. Blackness started to come over my vision and I shut off, falling back into the pit.

Light started to flood my thoughts as I droned away. I had no idea where, but wherever it was made me feel as light as air.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:00 pm
NicoleBri says...

Isabelle Lee

I saw it.. I saw it all.. poor Philip... what was I supposed to do? I heard sirens and I got out of my car to go open the dumpster door... there he was... out cold.

I climbed in and held his head. It needed some elevation. There it was.. blood..

I ripped open his shirt and it was a bullet through the chest. I don't know why but tears rushed to my face..

I half ass ripped up his shirt and made a bandage.

"Ma'am please move away from the victim." a cop told me sternly.

I moved away and waited until they lifted him out of the dumpster.

"Please tell me he will be okay.." I talked to one of the cops.

"Ma'am as of right now.. we do not know. We will take him to the emergency room and get everything checked out. Since you were at the scene of the incident I need you to come in and make a statement of what you saw."

I rolled my eyes. Great. Going to the police station was exactly what I needed... not.

*~*~*

Hey James, I'm sorry but plans have changed. I can't come over tonight because I have some business to tend too! Maybe another day!! <3

I sent the text and went inside the police station.

"Yes ma'am?" the clerk asked.

"My name is Isabelle and I am here to speak with Officer Jones. He asked me to come in and give some information about an incident."

She pointed me to a door down a long hall. This police station had to be the biggest one I saw..

*~*~*

"I'm looking for Philip Masterson.. what room could I find him in?" I asked the nurse. A lot of people from school have been getting some type of sickness or injury and I made it my duty to always check on them. Even if they don't like me. I want them to know I care.

Since I started dating Paul and becoming best friends again with Jessie, my reality and view of life has changed... completely.

At the beginning of the year, if anyone needed a person to lean on, hell I wasn't the one to do that too. Staying true to one guy at a time? Fuck no.

Falling in love AND getting my heartbroken? I'd laugh at you if you were to tell me something like that would happen.

I don't know if people realized it or not, but I'm not the same terrible Isabelle everyone knew and kind of hated..

His room was 206 and I walked in. They told me he was off and on drifting into a coma but not there quite yet. I hadn't texted anyone yet because I just needed to vent and I knew he'd listen.

"Hi Philip... I'm so sorry this happened to you. I don't know exactly what happened but I know you didn't deserve to be put in the hospital. I'm here if you need me.. if you remember I am even here when you wake up.. you'll make it through and go back to your normal life..."

I stopped for a moment.. today I was feeling depressed..

"I want you to know that I am very proud of you for stepping up even jus a little to be there for sweet baby issac. You deserve to see your child even if you are an asshole at times. Everyone is.... right?" I kind of laughed and just sat there.

His face was so relaxed. Like he had no care in the world.

Who am I kidding? He doesn't.. at least not right now.

I stood up by his bed and put my hand on top of his.. it was kind of smooth.

"I'll call some of your people and let them know they need to come visit you. You're a great person Philip... don't forget that." I said my last words and sent random texts to people who are friends with him.

He probably wouldn't remember that I ever visited him. Not that it mattered.. we weren't exactly friends to begin with.

I went to my car and just sat there.

Tears filled my eyes.

Spoiler! :
@Nike I hope it was okay I did this. If you'd like me to change it just tell me so in the DT or in a message.

Also, I just wanted everyone to get a glimpse of Iz that you don't really see all that much. I hope it was okay.. lol it kind of made me sad writing it..
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:34 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

Adrian

I texted Colette from school and she came to my locker. She was a mess. She looked like she'd been wearing sweats and t shirts for weeks, she had dark rings under her eyes and her skin had a grayish hue to it. I could tell she'd also lost weight, her body looked almost the way it was before her accident. Something was horribly wrong.

"Ma Cousine," I said, kissing her on both cheeks, "Qu'est-ce qui se passe?" I was speaking to her in our language, people looking at us strangely as they walked by as I asked her what was wrong.

"N'importe," she replied, hugging herself. Not important. I sighed, switching back to English.

"You look awful,"

"Thanks," she replied sarcastically, giving me a wry smile.

"I heard you and Rupert broke up." If anything, after I said that, her eyes got more empty. More hollow.

"So? Why do you care?" She snapped, brushing her now split ended hair out of her face.

"You're my cousin and Rupert was a really nice guy." I dropped my voice to a whisper, "He took your virginity Cole, I have a hard time believing you just stopped loving him."

"Stay out of it, Adrian. Okay? It's none of your business." She spun on her heel and walked off, joining Thorne at her locker.

My phone buzzed just then.

Everything is going great with Isaac. Dad's not here so I'm all alone with him. Would you mind stopping by after school? I'm feeling a little lonely. It was Jessie. I quickly replied.

Absolutely. I have a sub next block so I can leave now if you want.

I don't want you to miss school because of me.

I texted back: Too bad.

I walked out of the school, signing myself out of the front office. The school was about a 20 minute walk away from Jessie's house and a 5 minute drive in bad traffic.

It was drizzling out as it always was in Seattle but I liked the rain. It was often rainy in Paris but the bustling streets there were so dirty and crowded, it was difficult to enjoy. Here in the Seattle suburb it was easy to enjoy the convenience of walking places but it wasn't a concrete jungle until you got to the city.

I rapped my knuckles on Jessie's door, not wanting to disturb little Isaac with the doorbell if he was sleeping.

Jessie opened the door and threw her arms around me, her head buried in the hollow between my neck and my shoulder.

"Hey there," I whispered into her hair, running my fingers through her blonde locks as I inhaled the smell of her strawberry shampoo.

"Hi," she whispered back, her arms wrapped tightly around my neck.

"I don't want to let the rain in," I told her, stepping forward and shutting the door.

She pressed her lips to mine. "Thank you for coming," she said after she let go. I drew in her appearance just then. She was wearing shorts that went above mid thigh along with a black fitted t shirt. I could tell that her baby bump was receding pretty quickly, though I know it might take a couple of weeks for her body to completely return to normal. Her socks were mismatched, one was neon pink with black stripes and the other was black with white polka dots. It made me smile.

Just then Isaac started crying and she led me up to her room where his crib was situated. She lifted him up and cradled him against her chest.

"Are you hungry, baby?" she cooed as she sat in the rocking chair in the corner, draping a nursing blanket over her shoulder as she fed him.

"You don't need to cover up around me," I said, "Or I can leave if it makes you more comfortable."

"No," she said, "Don't worry about it. I just get cold sometimes." She fed Isaac for about twenty minutes until he was done, then she handed me the blanket and pulled her shirt back over her nursing bra. Isaac began to wail again and I looked at her, concerned.

"Does he need a diaper change?" I asked and she exhaled.

"No," she said, "He has a little diaper rash. His skin is really sensitive. But he needs to sleep because if he doesn't he'll nap later and then he won't sleep tonight." She looked frazzled, to be honest.

"May I?" I asked, and she nodded, handing him to me and letting me sit in the rocking chair. He kept crying and folding and unfolding his hands, like he was making the connection that they were attached to his body. I supported his head in the crook of my elbow and held him with one arm. With my free hand, I let his fingers curl around mine.

I remembered a song my Mother used to sing to me and Colette when we were little. It was an old song, maybe from the 40s. I sang softly to him, rocking him in the chair.

"La mer
Qu'on voit danser le long des golfes clairs
A des reflets d'argent
La mer
Des reflets changeants
Sous la pluie
"

The little guy was out like a light, his blue eyes finally closing. I could feel Jessie's eyes on us.

"How did you know to sing that song?" she whispered.

"My mother used to sing it to me when I was upset or had a bad dream."

"Can you teach it to me?"

I placed Isaac carefully in his crib, wincing as his fingers tightened around mine. We tiptoed out of Jessie's room and into the living room where I pulled up the French lyrics.

After about 20 minutes of stumbling through the french in the first verse she laughed.

"Adrian, I've been to France a lot so I know the language somewhat but there's no way I can memorize a whole song in French."

"There's an English version."

"What?" she gaped. "You mean after all this time you only just thought to tell me?" she smacked my arm, "You're such a meanie!" I laughed and pulled up the English lyrics.

Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere waiting for me
My lover stands on golden sands
And watches the ships that go sailing

Her eyes widened in recognition. "This was in Finding Nemo! I think it's the credits song." she started laughing. "You are horrible for not showing this to me sooner!"

"I know, I know, I surrender. How can I make it up to you?" I looked at her and I know my brown eyes were begging for her mock forgiveness.

"I don't know," she said flirtatiously, wrapping her arms around my neck as she inched her nose closer to mine. "Maybe you have some ideas?"

I kissed her and then pushed her down backwards on the couch, tickling her sides as she wriggled and laughed underneath me.

"You are evil!" she whisper shouted, careful not to wake up Isaac.

"I know," I said, and then I kissed her until neither of us could breathe, each of us lost in the other.

Spoiler! :
@GuyFieri
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

271 Reviews

Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:03 am
Gravity says...

Colette

After I told Thorne, I grew even more scared. More paranoid. I began locking my door before bed and while I showered, terrified that I would hear the doorknob jiggle or Dave's demanding voice for me to open up. I never got much sleep, always watching for his shadow passing in the crack underneath my door.

I didn't expect it to happen after I came home from school.

When I came home, I always came in quietly. I didn't want to be confronted by either Dave or Tina. I just wanted to hide in my room or, better yet, not be in the house at all. When I got home and saw that neither car was there, I was somewhat relieved. I made my way up the stairs on my crutches but froze when I entered my bedroom. Dave was standing there, my underwear drawer open and a pair of lacy panties in his hand while he... I thought I was gonna be sick. He turned to face me and I quickly opened the voice recorder app on my iPhone. I remembered what Thorne said. I needed proof. I hit record.

Warning: Graphic Content. If you know that rape or sexual abuse causes you discomfort, skip the spoiler
Spoiler! :
"I didn't know you had such a taste for lingerie, Colette." I wanted to turn and run but he would get me. I was so scared, I couldn't move. I couldn't speak. He was holding the underwear I'd worn in Paris, just before I lost my virginity to Rupert. His grubby paws were all over them while he touched his... I swallowed down bile, trying not to look.

"Come here," he said, leering. "Show me what's underneath those sweatpants you've been wearing lately." That time I did try to run. I turned around on my crutches but he got to me before I was even halfway down the hall. He yanked me back by my book bag, ripping it off and throwing it down the stairs. The zipper broke and my notebooks were everywhere. I clung on to my phone for dear life, it was my only chance at getting away.

"No!" I screamed kicking as best as I possibly could.

"You know you want it," his sour breath whispered in my ear just before he tore my clothes off. "Don't fight. Or maybe you should fight, makes the whole thing even sexier." I stopped, my body going limp as tears ran down my cheeks.

"I don't want this," I sobbed, "STOP!" he pressed me down to the bed, my face was pushed into the mattress. I felt a sharp sting across my rear just before he forced himself in. And once again, just like last time, my body was responding against my will.

"You want this you little whore," he said, and I kept screaming. I screamed until my throat was raw and he was gone and I couldn't breathe. I screamed because I could feel the demons clawing at my brain, behind my eyes. I laid on my bed on my side, hugging my bruised and violated body.

I saw my phone on the floor across the room and picked it up, it had been recording for an hour. He had raped me for at least fifty minutes. Fifty minutes. I ran to the toilet and began to retch, stinging my already raw throat.

I sat naked, the tile cold on my bare skin as I nudged the door shut with my foot and called Thorne. She didn't answer. So I called someone else.

"Hello?"

"Rupert," I said, my voice came out hoarse and broken.

"Cole?"

"I need you," I sobbed, barely able to speak.

"What happened? Are you okay?" But I think he knew.

"No," I whispered.

This is the last graphic post of this nature, promise.

Spoiler! :
Last edited by Gravity on Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

271 Reviews

Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:49 am
Gravity says...

Jules

I got ready for the dance class at home, putting on a black, open backed leotard with sleeves and a round neckline over light pink tights. I tied a yellow-cream colored dance skirt with a black flower pattern over the leotard before I twisted my long hair into the perfect bun. Today my studio was going to the hospital to help with rehab patients so I put on a little eyeliner to look nice, I figured we would spend a lot of time performing for them.

I grabbed my dance bag and headed out the door with Martha, she was driving me to meet my dance teacher at the hospital. The plan was to warm up with our portable barres (brought over courtesy of the studio vans) and then invite the patients in to work with us.

I could already sense some problems warming up.

I'd arrived at the hospital early to warm up a little in my flat foot ballet shoes and to stretch before changing into pointe shoes. Then the other girls arrived to warm up. They were all wearing flat shoes, I was en pointe.

"You know you don't have to wear pointe shoes to warm up, right?" one girl asked.

"I know, but this is how we'll dance professionally on a stage or in a company so I might as well warm up this way." I didn't think I'd said anything wrong, but the girls kept casting glances in my direction. The teacher's praises didn't do much to help either.

"Good extensions, Juliette. Very nice lines. See how Juliette's arms and legs are completely extended at every moment in time? How her leg lines up perfectly with her arm in arabesque?" As much as I enjoyed the praise of my teacher I wanted to make friends with the other girls. I didn't want them to hate me just because I'd learned dance more intensely in Europe.

Finally, much to my relief, the patients shuffled in. They all had different ailments from what I could tell. many had bandages around their heads or looked confused as to where they were. There were even some little patients, most likely long term illness patients as they were small girls attached to beeping machines. They were probably invited because, well, they're dying little girls. They probably wouldn't have much else opportunity to see dancers.

"Juliette," My teacher called to me and I nodded in her direction.

"Do you know Aurora?" she was referring to a dance from Sleeping Beauty."

"Yes Madame," I answered.

"Since you're warmed up en pointe already, would you show our hosts your variation?" I took my place to answer her as the music came on. Aurora was one of the most easy variations one could dance, especially if the choreographer was merciful.

My choreographer in Spain, however, was never merciful.

The dance was still somewhat easy but had lots of turns and leaps, something that would look very flashy to the patients and the girls at the studio. I didn't like showing off but part of me was proud of my ability. As I danced, I tried to watch the little girls in the audience. The expressions on their faces was filled with pure joy and one little girl kept kicking her legs and waving her arms, as if to dance with me.

I finished with a smile on my face, slightly out of breath as my "audience" clapped. Then we pulled out the barres and brought the patients over.

"Juliette?" I looked over at Madame.

"Would you work with April?" She gestured to the only person left on the couches. She looked Asian, with narrow almond shaped eyes and wavy black hair. She looked to be about my age but had a bandage around her head. I walked over to her and sat down, folding my pointe shoe clad feet neatly together and underneath my chair.

"You were amazing," she said, her voice slightly slurred.

"Thank you. Have you ever taken dance lessons?"

"No," she replied, sounding as if she had cotton in her mouth, "I can barely walk now, anyway." I'd noticed she had seemed to rely greatly on the nurse's help when she walked in the room.

She told me about what happened to her, how she'd gotten in an almost fatal car accident and really shouldn't have lived. She didn't tell me about what caused the accident or why it happened, she didn't seem to want to.

"Well, April, I can show you some simple exercises to strengthen your leg and feet muscles."

"I can't even walk on my own," she said sadly.

"But you will be able to, eventually." I took her hand in mine and she looked up at me.

"Okay," she said.

I took her through some simple exercises, showing her how to extend her leg and point her toes before bringing them back in. How to turn out her legs and lift them up. She had a hard time with this, more so than the average person. But by the time our time was almost up she was able to lift, extend and hold her legs and feet in the air longer than she could before.

"I don't want to go back," she said, her mouth drooping into what once was probably a frown as the patients lined up to go back to their rooms.

"Why not?" I asked, gently laying a hand on her shoulder.

"Because I'm all alone. Isabelle didn't want me." I didn't know who Isabelle was, but I wasn't about to ask.

"What if I come back and see you sometime?" Her eyes brightened a little as I said this.

"I'd like that," she said, and then she gave me her room and cell phone numbers.

"Jules?" she said, turning away from the nurse who was trying to help her up.

"Yes?"

"Thank you." and then she left.

Spoiler! :

267 Reviews

Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:32 am
Nike says...

Dafnie Serena Leto

The rush was all around me, engulfing me in it's world. The familiarity made me calm, but the fact that I was leaving left my skin crawling with anxiety. I had my ear phones blasting music through me, blackbear taking me to another place. I caught sight of a few of my friends, my colleague. They were at another gate, taking care of an Air France flight. I was headed to British Airways. But I walked over, passing by the many people. A cafe was next to me with a line of people in front of it. One girl had caught sight of me and my stomach jumped as I kept on walking.

She was behind the counter, but you could barely see her cause of how short she was. They only way you knew it was her was because of her fiery red hair. Her wrath flew to me, so I kept escaping, reaching the front of the gate.

There were two gates, M8 and M9. Windows were on either side of us, showcasing the airplanes and ramp area. The light from the sun fled in the area. I approached the counter at M8, happy to see no passengers were here when I wanted to speak to my friends.

"Daffy!" David smiled.

He was just on the other side of the podium, looking smart in his suit. We all had to wear uniforms for the job, and all the guys managed to look amazing, well, so did the girls. He always had his hair swayed with a little gel.

I smiled back at him, "Hey David, how's the flight?"

"Ehh, it's fine. I'd rather be home."

"I know that feel."

A pause as he looked at the computer in front of him for a moment. "How long are you leaving for?"

"I honestly don't know... I hope not long cause I'd miss you guys."

His eyes met mine as he smirked. "We won't miss you,"

I giggled as he laughed, his smile making my heart jump. I would really miss these fuckers. I gripped onto my backpack straps, watching him walk around the counter to me.

"Your flight boards soon, want me to come with?"

"Only if you can, that'd be fucking great."

It's like he always knew what to do. He walked over with me to my gate, ready to help me take that next stage in my life. But it's gonna suck without my friends.

267 Reviews

Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:49 pm
Nike says...

Philip Masterson

You know that feeling when you're falling in your dream and then you suddenly burst awake, sweating everywhere? I was in the middle of the fall at the moment, and didn't even know it.

I was at my house, specifically, in my room. Everything felt just a little off, as if the world around me had blurry corners. But I managed to ignore those. I was just attacked, so I could be in a haze for a while. I was waiting for someone, and I forgot who.

I got off my bed and found myself in the bathroom, washing up. My face looked perfect, as if I wasn't being murdered just two days ago.

"Phil?" I heard someone call to me.

Walking out of the bathroom, I saw Isabelle standing in my bedroom. She was just at the door, looking over at me. Once our eyes met, she smiled, a little nervous, but it was there. I swallowed hard, ignoring my racing heart.

"Hey, Isabelle." I said. "Come in,"

She found her way to my bed, sitting down. I followed suit and sat next to her, our shoulders bumped against each other. My skin tingled as she scooted over, as to give us space.

"I'm, so sorry this happened to you." she started. "I don't know exactly what happened but I know you didn't deserve to be put in the hospital. I'm here if you need me..."

I scrunched my eyebrows together, a bit confused at the last part. Her eyes still met mine, lined with sadness. I took her hands in mine, realizing just now how war, they were. I must have been as cold as a corpse. I focused on her face, trying to find a hint as to why she was here. Was I in love with her? What was this encounter?

"I'm okay Issy," I smiled.

"I'm here if you need me... you'll make it through and go back to your normal life... I want you to know that I am very proud of you for stepping up even just a little to be there for sweet baby Issac. You deserve to see your child even if you are an asshole at times. Everyone is.... right?"

"Isabelle, thank you for saying that... really. I believe Isaac is taking me to a normal life. What happened didn't change my life, it made it better."

I think I'm getting what she's saying. And before she could say more, I feel a sharp pang in my stomach, as if someone was slicing it open. I bent over, gripping my stomach. Isabelle had grabbed my shoulders, comforting me with 'It'll be okay'. Man, when will the attack go away?

Sitting up, the pain subsided. Isabelle wiped something off my cheeks. Tears? I couldn't help but notice how soft her skin was as she touched my face.

"I-I have to go." she stuttered.

"Why?"

She just got up, leaving my arms cold without her presence, and disappeared through the door, as if she was never here. The world got dark around me, the blurry edges now black. A beeping sound filled my ears, growing louder as the sides kept getting blacker. I shut my eyes and covered my ears with my hands, trying to escape that sound. I fell onto my bed, feeling my body give up against the pain that started to take over every bone. It's like a migraine, but for the body.

"Isabelle!" I called.

"Issy!" my voice was muffled.

The bed felt as if it was being shook. And then the world disappeared. I was out for a second, unsure of what was even happening. I would say I was asleep. Everything was nothing.

I opened my eyes to see a hospital room. The edges were clear. A doctor was standing next to me. He looked around thirty years of age, a bachelor from the lack of rings on his hands.

"Welcome back Philip," he smiled. "I'm Doctor Hugh Kurev."

He sort of reminded me of Dr. Derek Shepard from that show Kathy watches, with that full head of brown hair and winning smile. But also, that aura of trust you have towards him.

"Welcome back?" I questioned.

"Well, you were in a coma for a few days... and you woke up. We are happy to see you, we thought we'd lose you. Talk about beating the statistics." he laughed. "You're going to be okay Philip,"

I sat up, already regretting it due to a growing pain at the pit of my stomach.

"You were in an accident, do you remember?"

I nodded, searching the room only to come short of nothing. The only person that was here was the doctor. Who was I looking for?

"Not an accident, Doc." I huffed.

"Oh, I know. But I would rather say accident than attack."

Nodding, I smiled up at him. "I would rather that,"

"You were screaming for an Isabelle... do you want me to find her?"

Thinking back to that, I shuddered. Why did I want her? She wasn't even my friend. But I heart raced just at the thought of her name. There was a reason I screamed for her, I don't know what. But, I was willing to find out.

"Yes." I said.

He smiled and walked out of the room.

Spoiler! :
Last edited by Nike on Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

46 Reviews

Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:55 pm
NicoleBri says...

April Elizabeth

Juliette was a pretty lady. She was the only teenager I saw since I had been in the hospital. Well, besides Isabelle.

Isabelle texted me a few times while I was learning dance but I never felt like replying. Honestly, if we wouldn't have been friends then this would have never happened to me. At least that is the way I saw it.

I picked up my phone and decided I wanted to text Juliette since we had traded phone numbers.

Hey! How are you?

I sent the text and laid it back down, no telling how long it would take her to reply since she was busy.

Ding. Ding.

My phone went off five minutes later.

It was her.

April? Hey! I'm doing great. Riding home from dance. How are you doing?

I laughed at that. It was a serious question to her but hysteric to me. I was terrible and thought It was obvious.

Well.. I have been in a hospital for going on some weeks now. So id have to say im doing terrible. A lot better than I have been though...

I sent the text and turned my phone off. I needed some sleep.

Spoiler! :
@Gravity sorry it was short lol

- Ayn Rand

46 Reviews

Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:27 pm
NicoleBri says...

Isabelle Lee

I hadn't seen or heard from Paul in going on two days. I locked myself in my room ever since I last saw Philip... what he went through was horrid and It sucked leaving him alone there by himself.

I had too.

Leaning against the wall, I sat there staring at myself in the mirror. Who was I? Did I even know myself?

I sighed. All of this drama in my life was getting unbearable... I didn't know who to turn to or what to even do anymore.

Knock knock

"Yes?" I yelled.

Jesse's dad opened the door,

"Sweetie you have a telephone call." he told me.

I smiled and took the phone. The first person to ever call me on a house phone.

"Hello?" I say into the phone.

"Uh is this Isabelle? Isabelle Lee?" they asked.

"Yes, who is this?"

"My name is Doctor Hugh Kurev and I found this number on Mr. Masterson's emergency contact numbers. Would you please come up here? Mr. Masterson is awake and he will be fine. He just needs to rest for a few days but he would like to see you."

Me?

I was so confused.

"Uh. Yes. I'll be there soon." I replied and hung up the phone. This was already a weird day.

*~*

I couldn't decide what I wanted to wear so I settled for a red halter top with lace and some of my darkest jeans with my sexy ass red gogo boots. I loved them and this was my first time wearing them with this (new) outfit.

Was I getting to dressy to go see Philip? What would he think of me? I'm not a tramp..

Whatever.

*~*

I drove up to the hospital and found his room number and knocked.

"Come in." I heard his voice.

Slowly, I walked into his room.

"You asked to see me?" I asked him with a slight smile. I didn't ever think I would be up here, at least not on his request.

"Uh yeah.. I did." he stared at me and I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He instantly nodded.

I sat on the side of his bed by his legs.. I couldn't stop staring at his face. For someone that just got awoken from a coma he was still gorgeous.

Oh. My. God. No.

I looked away...

There was a different light about him.. he hadn't said much but I could just feel it.. or maybe that was my hormones?

"Did you come see me when I was in a coma?" he asked. That was random and I didn't know how to answer it.

"Baby! You're okay!" the door burst open and there she was. His girlfriend.

Whatever was going on with us was instantly ruined and I quickly stood up like I did something wrong.

She ran to his side and kissed him.

I didn't even get to reply to his question.

Before anyone noticed.. I was gone.

*~*~*

Meet me at Starbucks in 10 minutes. A text from Jessie appeared on my phone. I was thankful and I needed her to talk some since into me.

I drove over there and she was sitting there with Issac in her arms. Thankfully Adrian wasn't with her and we were basically alone. She was my best friend and I needed to talk to her about everything.

"So.. uhmm... Jess.. I know you and Philip aren't the closest and stuff... but... he really is a great guy," I started.

"I know Iz. I already agreed to let him see Issac whenever he wanted. It has to be supervised but yeah and once he is out of the hospital I will bring him to see him again." she interrupted.

"No.. Jess.. that isn't what I was saying.. at all. Ever since your baby shower.. Paul and I haven't talked and I got to hang out a little bit with Philip because he helped with your baby shower decorating.. and now... I cant get his lips off my mind.." I had to be honest.

Her eyes were wide.

"Don't do it." she told me.

I laughed.

"I never said I was going to do anything Jess.. I just cant like.. get him off my head."

I stood up to leave but she pulled me back down.

"Why?" she asked.

I shrugged.. I don't know what has gotten into me lately.

"Hormones maybe?" I asked.

I hadn't had sex in a long time. Not once since the time Paul and I had broke up the first time when I saw he and Dafnie together.

"You just need to get laid." she joked.

I laughed.

It wasn't funny really but I did so anyways. Even if I felt anything I wouldn't tell him. Ever. He has a girlfriend. I have a boyfriend. We are just two different people. He probably doesn't really like me anyways.

Spoiler! :
@Nike @GuyFieri

Lol @Nike I hope you are okay with this post. If not I will change it but let me know.

@GuyFieri I know you aren't getting on much anymore but I wanted to add Jess in here anyways

- Ayn Rand

271 Reviews

Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:08 am
Gravity says...

Jules
His hands were wrapped around my waist and I was in his lap. He was kissing me fiercely, his hands running up and down my hips before he gently bit down on my lower lip. I moaned his name.

"James," I whispered, around his mouth.

I sat up in bed, gasping for breath, trying to dispel the tingling on my lips. I'd been going to Lincoln Wood for 3 weeks and James had stayed behind after his last period every day to eat lunch with me. We'd flirted, but I thought it was just flirting, nothing more. But I felt a fluttering in my chest that put me ill at ease.

I got up out of bed and splashed water on my face before I looked at the time. I'd gotten up twenty minutes before my alarm was supposed to go off. I figured I'd dress up since I had the time and try to get my mind off of my dream.

I put on a strapless black flare dress with a bright floral print in yellows, pinks and blues. Over that went a denim, button down collared shirt that tied at the waist. I paired it with black feather earrings, a long owl necklace and a pair of pink wedges. I'd even put on a full face of makeup (natural looking, of course) and curled my hair with a curling wand.

I got in the car with Martha and she smiled at me, "Oh Jules, you look so pretty. Who's the lucky boy?" the faint smile lines wrinkled around her face as she grinned, starting the car.

"Myself," I paused, "Just wanted to feel good today."

"Well you look great," she said, backing out of the driveway and heading in the direction of school.

I loved Martha, I expected my host Mom to be somewhat distant and cold to me, after all, I wasn't her kid. But she'd greeted me with warmth and had even gone so far as to attempt some dishes from Spain at dinner to make me feel more at home. I'd only known her for a few weeks but I really liked how sweet she and her husband, Sam, were to me. Sam was a quiet man, but he showed me kindness in little ways. Sometimes he'd bring me a little piece of candy or pack of gum. Once he brought me a key chain with dance shoes on it which I proceeded to attach to my book bag zipper. I very much enjoyed staying with the Adamses, they were kind to me.

I walked into school and headed to my locker , hanging my book bag on the hook. Someone came up behind me, putting their hands gently on my waist.

"Hey beautiful," it was James. I turned around, remembering the dream and I felt warm on my hips underneath my dress where his hands casually rested on the fabric.

"Oh, hi." I looked at him awkwardly and he pulled away, looking a bit confused.

"Are you okay? Just thought I'd give you something positive to start the day with..." he trailed off.

"No!" I said hurriedly, "I just didn't get a lot of sleep last night."

"Oh. Well for someone who didn't sleep well last night you look really nice. Do you ever have lazy days?" I felt my cheeks warm at his compliment.

"No," I replied, "Dancers don't have lazy days." He walked me to Spanish class and said goodbye to me before I walked in the room. I saw a familiar face sitting right next to my desk.

"April?" I asked and she looked up at me.

"Jules! Hi." I walked over to her and hugged her, feeling her tense somewhat underneath me. The bandage around her head was gone and there were crutches propped against the wall behind her. April and I had been texting and talking ever since the charity event at the hospital and I'd even stopped by to help her with Spanish. We had eventually figured out we were in the same class and April was hopelessly behind on the new vocab and grammar unit we were studying.

"You're back! I didn't know they'd released you. How are you? Are you in pain?" she shrugged and bit at her nail.

"Not really," she mumbled, smiling a little. I'd been getting to know April for a bit and I knew she wasn't a very outgoing person. She was pretty shy and when she formed friendships with somebody she was very dedicated to them. She'd told me about her friend Isabelle, how Isabelle had ditched her for someone else. I could also tell that because of Isabelle she wasn't yet sure if she could trust me or not so I did everything in my power to make her comfortable.

The class continued and April did really well, the teacher even complimented her on her pronunciation and she smiled. When we walked out of class she thanked me for tutoring her.

"It's no problem," I'd said, and then James came up to me to walk me to Calculus.

"Hey James!" I said and then I turned to April. "I have to go, text me if you need anything, okay?" she nodded but I thought I detected a hint of disappointment in her eyes as I left with James.

"Hey again," he said, his hand moving to the small of my back and I tingled even more. We talked and laughed until we got to class, and I was distracted the entire time. Writing down numbers as I saw them and not really paying attention. After that, we headed to the cafeteria.

"Why don't people like me?" I asked, realizing that James and April had been the only friends I'd really made.

"What do you mean?" he replied.

"Well, people don't talk to me much, do they?"

He sighed and ran his fingers through his perfect hair. It stayed in place and I envied him. "You're not exactly... approachable." he said, sitting down with me.

I opened my lunch and tossed him an apple, he leaned back and took a bite out of it, chewing while he looked at me, amused.

"What do you mean?" I took out my sandwich, worried that I'd been rude to someone or offensive.

"Well," he said, "The popular girls are threatened by you, the boys are a little... stiff, around you," he winked, "and everybody else is too comfortable in their own group of friends to be bothered with someone new this late in the year."

I shifted in my seat. "Are you, er, stiff around me?" I asked.

"No," he said, playing with the stem of the apple, "But that's because I think I may have a good shot at going out with you." I blushed, he was very confident and very straight forward. "Plus, I know how to control myself."

I thought of my dream earlier and I turned even more pink.

"I don't want to be inapproachable," I said, "So what do I do?"

"Well, some of my buddies on the football team are throwing a party Friday night. You can come with me and hang out, if you want, get to know some people."

"With football players and cheerleaders?" I asked, wrinkling my nose. I had a lot of respect for cheerleaders because they were strong and could do flip and do stunts I couldn't do, but I also didn't like being around them most of the time. And I didn't have much faith in the football players' reaction to me judging by all the other guys in the school.

"They won't be rude or callous if you're with me," he said, "So are you in?"

I sighed. "Fine. But only because I have nothing else better to do." I laid a hand over my forehead and sighed sarcastically as he laughed.

"Good." and then the bell rang and he walked me to my next class before he left.

Spoiler! :

267 Reviews

Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:17 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Paul Jenkins

It's been three days since Dafnie disappeared. Three days it took me to notice she was gone. All I could think about was Isabelle. How beautiful she was. How fierce. How undeniably sexy she was. How lucky I was to have her.

And then she went a-wall. Something happened.

I had found my way to Issy's locker, catching sight of Jessie strolling across the hall. Or eyes met and I smiled. She decided to approach me, her face always seemed to have a smile on it.

"Hey Paul," she started.

"Hey Jes... where's Issy?" I asked.

She shifted her weight from one foot to the other, the tension started to settle between us. "She's in free period at the library."

"Did you notice something off about her or is it just me?" I asked after a few moments.

"She's just tired Paul, her best friend is in the hospital, her other one just gave birth..." she paused. "She's tired Paul."

I sighed internally. "Alright, I'll see you." and I turned around before she could say anything. I found my way to the library which was on the second floor. There were students in every corner, reading, hooking up, gossiping, or studying. I had to think. Isabelle had to be somewhere. I looked around the whole place, feeling a sweat coming on. But she wasn't here. My heart raced, worried.

Taking out my phone, I saw a few messages. None from her. Then I looked up and caught sight of her. Her head was in a Biology book. She was sitting in the computer area of the library. I walked over, smiling.

"Issy," I whispered.

She jumped at my voice, obviously startled by my presence. I sat down across from her, taking in her beautiful eyes. They looked tired, red, as if she was crying. I swallowed hard, trying to calm my racing heart.

"Baby, are you okay?" I reached for her hand across the table but she pulled away, leaving me cold.

I took my hand back and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Yeah, just really tired." she said, avoiding eye contact.

"I heard about April... and I'm sorry."

She nodded, still not looking at me. Why?

"I love you Isabelle." I paused, watching her shift in her seat. "Please, tell me."

"I love you too Paul," her eyes met mine, releasing the tension in my shoulders.

"Want to come over tonight, we can Netflix." I suggested.

Spoiler! :
@NicoleBri BTW I LOVE YOUR POST OMG... is it bad that I'm starting to ship Isabelle and Philip?

267 Reviews

Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:29 pm
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz

I found Hawthorne before she could leave the school. she was my last chance, the last person I can ask about Colette. Dafnie has left so she is out of the picture. She had on her headphone as she strolled down the hall, making her way to the exits. I jogged in front of her in the empty hallway, stopping her in her tracks. Her eyes got wide and they met mine.

"You look like you died." she spit out, taking off one of her headphones.

"Sort of did." I swallowed.

My heart jumped as she looked at me. Hawthorne had this thing to her, she could read you and make you feel better by just looking at you.

"I'm sorry Rup." she said.

"Yeah, I'm sorry too... can you just..." I paused, noticing my voice crack. "Tell me, what did I do?" My chest felt heavy as tears tried pushing past my eyes.

"Nothing, you didn't do anything." she sighed.

"I know that I suck, I treated girls like shit. This is my karma, isn't it?!"

"Rupert, no, stop." her voice was soft.

I took a deep breath. "I'm sorry." and I turned around, finding my way out of here. I slipped on my headphones and blasted The Neighbourhood on high. They flooded my mind as I made my way to my car, crying to myself. My chest heaved as I leaned against the head rest, sobbing into my hands.

I never knew that I could love someone as much as I love Colette. And now I didn't have her.

My phone started to vibrate in the center console and I looked at it with blurry vision. I felt like my mind was fucking with me when I saw her smiling face flashing up at me.

"No," I huffed, wiping my eyes then looking again.

It didn't change.

I picked it up, feeling my heart beat against my chest.

"Rupert?" he voice was soft, as if afraid that she'd say something wrong.

"Yup." I popped the 'p', trying to ignore the thick tension growing between us. I could feel her want.

"I couldn't reach Hawthorne..." she started and I huffed, knowing that she hated me. Why would she want to talk to me personally?

"Yeah, of course you did. Call her not me, bye." I was about to hang up.

"No, Rup! I need you!" her words pierced through my heart.

"Now you need me,"

I could hear some sniffling, "Rupert, I need you to take me to the hospital."

She was frazzled, or no, wrong word, lost. In my passenger seat, she looked wrong. Like she didn't belong. Her eyes were blood shot and her body seemed thin, as if she was ill. I had lost it when I saw her, but I kept all my thoughts and reactions to myself. Maybe she was pregnant and didn't want to tell me. Maybe... she was hurt. Maybe she was sick.

The music was soft, it's like I didn't want to hurt her.

We were silent the whole ride over. I knew there was a barrier between us. Once I parked in the large lot, we got out. I didn't know if I was supposed to just drop her off or go with her. But I followed.

She was walking a few feet ahead of me, giving us space. The wind was getting colder, November was just coming up. The sun was already on it's way to going to sleep behind the clouds. People were walking in and out of the entrance of the huge building. My heart couldn't stop racing and my mind was going crazy with questions of what was happening to her.

I just wanted to pull her towards me and hug her until the world died.

We walked in through the slide doors, cool air blowing at us, cooler than the one outside. My skin grew goosebumps as I followed her to the emergency room.

Patients were lining the walls and sitting in chairs, waiting for the rush to stop so they could see a doctor. I felt my breath catch in my throat as she made her way to the nurse station. I stood a few feet behind her, giving her privacy even though I was urging to know what was going on. After a few minutes, she took a clipboard and turned around, her eyes met mine for a second and she proceeded to sit on the floor against the wall to our left, next to an old, coughing man. I joined her, feeling the hard tile press against my bum.

Being with her made the world feel more real, like everything had more saturation. She filled out the clipboard and just sat next to me, staring into the room that was bustling with yells of codes and cries of pain.

Her hand dropped next to mine on the floor. I felt electricity grow between us as I took it, taking my brave side into action. She didn't do anything, she let me hold her. Her skin was just as cold as the atmosphere around us, but I was okay with that.

We didn't speak, it was just us holding hands and staring ahead of us, me not knowing what was happening, and her in her own world.

"Colette?" a nurse called form the station.

Cole looked at me with somber as as she let me go and walked over to the station being told where to go. My hand felt cold, missing hers. She disappeared into the back and I sat there, waiting.

My phone was in my hands when she came out. It took her twenty minutes to get through the doctor. I stood up, sliding my phone into my pocket. Once again our eyes met for a brief second, leaving my body cold. She made her way out and I followed. It's like we communicated without talking.

We got into my car and that's when the tension grew again. I could feel her presence next to me. It's like, I couldn't believe she was here.

"Colette, what's going on?" I asked, my voice felt out of place, raw.

She didn't even look at me. It took her a few minutes to reply. I was about to give up on waiting, so I put the key in the ignition, but didn't start it yet.

"I was raped,"

My body felt heavy. I couldn't look at her. I felt like I wanted to cry, but I couldn't. My mind flooded with nothingness as my heart stammered. The tension thickened as I pulled the key back out and leaned my head against the steering wheel. Was it my fault? Was I not protecting her well enough? I was her boyfriend. How did I let this happen?

"Cole," I said.

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to get hurt..."

I sat up and looked at her. Tears were streaming down her face but she wasn't really crying. Her face was straight and her voice was steady. I took in a deep breath, trying to subside the anger that was bubbling up n my chest.

"You were hurt, you should have told me. I wouldn't get hurt, Cole." I paused. "How did this happen? How did I let this happen?"

She wiped her face with the sleeve of her shirt. "I..." she paused. "I couldn't tell you because you would've gotten hurt. Dave is rich, he would've killed you."

"Dave? You don't mean...?" I paused because she looked away, a blush growing against her cheeks. "That fucker! he touched you!" I hissed, my heart feeling like it was about to break my chest.

"He will hurt you Rup, okay? Please don't do anything."

"I'm sorry, Cole, but are you dumb? I cannot let this go. He needs to pay!"

"Rupert!" she huffed, sitting up and meeting my eyes. "I love you so much. And I'm thankful that you care, but he has a lot of power. If you do anything, he will kill you."

I shifted in my seat. "You'll live with me. We will call the cops. You will be okay. No one has enough power to continue raping. Baby, you were hurt. And I let it happen."

"You didn't let it happen, you didn't know."

I stared back at her, looking over her face, her body, her everything. She looked perfectly fine, but she wasn't. The car was getting cold, so I turned it on and let the heating flood the car.

"I wish I couldv'e done something to stop it." I whispered. "This is why you broke up with me?"

There was a moment of silence, so I looked up at her and saw her nodding.

"It was to protect you."

"Fuck that Cole," I huffed. "Fuck it, okay? I'm protecting you now."

Spoiler! :

267 Reviews

Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:25 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Philip Masterson

"You're alive! Oh my God! When I got the call, I didn't wanna believe it!" Kathy was raving, kissing me every two seconds. But it felt off. Her voice felt very distant, even just her felt... unreal.

Honestly, everything felt unreal. I felt like I was in a haze and couldn't escape. The beeps from the heart monitor we pretty much the only thing I focused on. Kathy droned on about her week, and how much she missed me. She's been visiting everyday since I woke up here.

It's just the third day of me being awake and here. But the doctor tells me I've been here for about a day over a week.

All I could think back on is Isabelle's lips, how pink they were. How much mine ached for hers. Which was ridiculous. I didn't even know her. How could I want her?

I shook my head and took Kathy's hands in mine. I was sitting up, so she was face to face with me.

"I fucking love you," she smiled, her eyes glassy. "Don't do this to me ever again."

My heart jumped. "I'll try not to." I couldn't say that I loved her back.

"I have to go mister,"

"Go, I'll be here." I smiled.

She nodded, letting go of my hands and getting up off the bed. I watched as she walked out, leaving me behind. I shut my eyes, letting tears escape them. I hated feeling like the world is a dream and it wouldn't go away.

I also hated not loving Kathy.

A WEEK LATER

Since they sewed me up and I lied here for two weeks, they believed it was time for me to go. I'd need to be careful of myself, but I'm fine to lead my own life again. My parents have picked me up and spoke to me about therapy.

I told my doctor about my dreamlike state and he claimed it was anxiety. I needed a psychologist. Wonderful. He called it Depersonalization. Lucky me.

The school was full of unknown faces. I felt more real here, but yet, that unreal feeling was biting at the back of my mind. I found my locker and opened it up, finding a few 'Get Well' cards in there. I pulled out my books and locked it up, headed for class.

I think it was Physics. Whatever. As I walked in, people eyed me, probably surprised I was alive. I found a seat and droned out, imagining Isabelle.

But then, she walked in, Paul in tow. He was holding her hand. My heart raced as I imagined knocking him out. They found their way to their seats. Isabelle was talking to him, all smiles.

What am I kidding. Why do I feel like this?

Spoiler! :

46 Reviews

Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:53 pm
NicoleBri says...

Isabelle Lee

I saw him as Paul and i walked into the classroom. Philip. He was watching us. I was sitting with Paul when really all i wanted was to sit with him and talk to him about how he was doing and tell him how i felt about everything and just see where it led from there. But, obviously i would never do something that crazy.

"Why havent you called or texted me?" Paul asked, knocking me completely away from my thoughts of Philip.

"I... I've just been really busy lately, Paul." I told him.

Really I wasnt too busy but I had been keeping to myself lately. I needed to ponder on my thoughts and how i felt about my life in general.

"I could ask the same about you though. You do have a phone and feet so you could have easily came to see me or even just pick up the damn phone." I told him. Thinking about all of that just really pisses me off.

I hate how I feel like I am always the bad guy of situations like this.

"I...I am sorry Iss.. you are right." he responded.

I stole a glance over to Philip again, he looked at me too. I wanted him so bad and i dont even have a clue why.. what was going on with me?????

"Uhm... Paul. I think we need to talk after class." I finally mustered up.

I needed a break from a relationship. I just wanted to see where Philip and i would go to if we ever had a chance. I wouldnt tell him how i felt or anything but i would just start talking to him more. See if he felt anything for me..

*~*~*
After class Paul and I walked down a secluded hallway where no one ever went anymore.

"I know what you wanted to talk about Iss." he told me.

My eyes widened.. how could he possibly know what i had to say?

"You want to break up with me. You think we have changed and that it would be better if we just were apart." he told me.

It was spot on about how i was thinking but I was happy he didnt realize why I truly wanted this.

"I just want you to know that I agree that we should." he told me. His eyes looked like there was a little pain inside but he held it together.

I sighed.

"Then it is done," I said, "good-bye Paul and i hope you find whatever it is that you are looking for in life."

Walking away was hard. But at least we ended on good terms.. It sucked not being in love with such a great guy anymore. But it is better than just staying in a relationship just because you are scared about how they'd react or something.

*~*~*
I spotted James as i was walking down the hall.

"Hey!" I told him as i walked up behind him.

He turned and smiled. I couldnt help but smile because he had that affect on people. I don't know how or why but he did.

"This is Juliette." he said and pointed to the girl standing to his other side.

I smiled. She was the new girl in school.

She laughed and punched him in the shoulder, "No. It's Jules." she corrected.

I laughed.

"Well nice to meet you Jules." I said and smiled.

"Same to you Isabelle." she smiled back and then i locked eyes with James,

"Do you know where Philip is?" i asked him.

His eyes were wide. He never heard me once mention anything about Philip so it was understandable about his expression.

"Uhm... I think he is in Gym." he finally let out.

I smiled. It was time to go see him.

*~*~*
Once i found the gym doors i walked inside. There he was. He looked a little sweaty but that could be because there was no air conditioning in the gym building at all. He caught sight of me as i was staring at him.

Kathy was sitting beside him and she saw me staring also. They were both sweaty and it looked as though they had just got done having sex or something.

The thought of that just made my stomach ache and I stepped out into the hall so i could catch my racing heart. What was i going to do? What if he was in love with Kathy and I was just another girl who had started liking him? He always had girls fall for him because he was that good.

I was standing against the wall when i realized he was standing in front of me.

"Hey." he finally said.

"Hi."

I sighed. He smelled of deodorant that was very pleasing to the nose. He stepped two inches closer and I caught my breath.

His eyes were mesmerizing and I was caught into his warm gaze. What was happening?

Before I realized what I was doing... my lips were locked with his. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he kissed me back. I could feel my nerves wracking up and i just didnt want it to end. I needed him. He is the only person i wanted.

What was happening....

Spoiler! :
@Nike :) I hope this was good

@Gravity Iss and Jules should totally be enemies or friends!!
Last edited by NicoleBri on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- Ayn Rand

Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
— Brené Brown