Young Writers Society

Lincoln Wood Private College Prep

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:25 pm
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz

Merrick is such an odd name.

Merrick is such a cool kid though. I was definitely of his ink. The ink worked with him, like he was born with it. I wish I could pull that off.

"Jessie," I smirked, catching her looking back at me.

She was at her locker, taking out her things. Today was Friday and today the party was happening. Maybe tonight Jessie will sleep with me. She'll get drunk enough... or she'll just want to enough to actually do it.

"Hey Rupert," she smiled back.

"I invited the new guy to the party, that cool?" I asked, running my hand through my hair.

I caught her watching as I did so, but she caught herself and swallowed hard, unable to meet my eyes.

The hallway was starting to get crowded; all the students escaped their classes. It was, after all, the weekend. I looked at the room closest to us, seeing Dafnie walk out. Man, she's a sight for sore eyes. She didn't look my way, but instead smiled at a guy just a few feet away from her. He looked like such a junkie with that skater boy hair.

I looked back at Jessie and noticed that she was looking at Dafnie as well. I couldn't tell if she was angry because her face was so still.

"Ready?" I asked, clearing my throat right after.

She turned her head toward me, playing a fake smile. She was jealous I looked at Dafnie. I knew it. Somehow that made my heart race, and sort of make me sick. I didn't want her jealous.

"You with Danny?" she asked.

Danny?

"Dafnie," she saw the confusion in my eyes.

"No," I smiled. "Just a bad memory."

It was awkward, so I just took her hand and walked down the hall, pushing our way through the people. Her hand was a little clammy, due to sweat. But I ignored that, somehow not giving a damn. The back doors were open, the sun shone through, making me want to run out. But I walked down the steps, taking in the warm air.

I let go of her hand once I saw Philip with a few people looking at us. Waving, I walked over to them. Jessie was just next to me.

"Let's go?" I said.

"Did you see Dafnie recently? Damn..." Philip commented, licking his lips. "I want to tap that. No wonder you got to her in Fresh."

All of a sudden she was the topic of the day and I only had to see her once. I felt my cheeks heat up as I looked at Jessie, seeing her look away from us and just staring at the ground. This made her uncomfortable, I could tell by the shifting of her weight. I licked my lips and spoke up.

"Control yourself," I hissed.

He rose his eyebrows. "Cut the 'tude!" he bitched.

I looked away and saw Merrick walking away from the school, alone. He was better company at the moment. I tapped Jessie's shoulder and she looked up at me, sorrow in her eyes.

"Wanna meet someone cool?" I asked.

We were at Jessie's house, the party had started an hour ago. Merrick and I helped her set up and people just stormed in and here we were. There was this pop music blasting through the speakers of her house, something I didn't listen to. But a party was a party so I was not commenting.

There was a lot of grub in the kitchen, and that's where I was, chomping on some chips. Somehow when I drank, I couldn't live without Sour Cream & Onion and thankfully, Jessie was fully stacked.

It was pretty dark outside, the party started at around five. So i presume it was getting to the best part of the night. Hopefully the neighbors like parties.

"So, this is what you do?" Merrick asked from next to me.

He had a beer in his hand, the condensation was running down his hand, he hasn't even sipped it. I don't know, maybe he isn't an alcohol guy. Which I totally respected.

"I like these chips man." I said, my mouth full.

He just shook his head in amusement and let me finish the bowl. Fuck, I'm surprised I'm not fat. I swallowed down the rest of the chips and downed the beer that was in my other hand, feeling the buzz kick in even harder.

People walked in and out of the kitchen, eating like mad hounds.

"Tell me about your life Merrick, trust me, I won't remember if you don't want me to." I said. "I am interested in your character, I think it's the tatts."

It took him a second, but he nodded in reply and took a sip of his beer. It did not go down easy, I could tell by the cringing, but he did it.

"Maybe some other time." he replied.

"Okay man..." I sighed. "Better be soon."

That was who I was, I liked people's lives. I liked hearing their histories and sort of compare it to mine. Or not even that. I just liked to hear how different their lives were and how they lived and stuff like that. Everyone had their own history and it was worth knowing about it. And somehow I knew Merrick had a good one.

We just stood there, leaning against the kitchen island for a few minutes. Then, I pushed myself off and looked at Merrick.

"It's a party, let's go have some fun." I smirked.

"Dude, I'm cool, thanks." he said.

I shook my head. "Nah man, come on. I'll get you a nice girl."

He put his beer down on the counter and sighed.

"Merrick! You're new here! Might as well meet some people... and their vaginas." I snickered.

I turned away from him, hoping he would change his mind and walked toward the hallway that lead to the stairs. Maybe Jessie was up there, I really wanted to see her. All night I thought about her eyes. Just their shape, the color, everything all at once.

Following my way, I found Hawthorne on the stairs, just looking out the window in front of us. She looked so out of place. And surely she felt like it too since she was here, not there. I walked up to her, taking in a deep breath. She looked up, her eyes meeting mine.

"Hey there." I smirked.

Something passed her eyes, but I ignored it. All I could focus on was her smile. It was big, white toothed, and pretty magnificent. If girls smiled more, the world would be a better place.

"Hi," she looked away, focusing back at the window.

I sat down next to her, feeling the cold wood underneath me. Man, Jessie's house was rich, and cold. Just like any lawyers house. I noticed how stiff she got when I sat down, that made a smile grow on my face. She swallowed hard, still looking out the window.

Looking down at her hands, I saw they were pale. I wrapped my hands over hers. They were trembling against mine, so I gripped them, showing her she's safe.

"Look at me, Hawthorne." I said at a whisper.

She was trembling and somehow, so was I. Her eyes looked up, meeting mine. I smiled at her, feeling all this energy grow inside of me. I looked at her lips, so plump, pink, and inviting. Her mouth was slightly open, I could see how soft her lips were from how close we were.

"Rose?" Someone called out.

She turned her head at the person, her hands slipped from mine instantly. I looked up at where she was looking and saw Dafnie. Her eyes were wide, shock raced through her system, I felt it from here.

"Rupert," she said my name like a curse, her eyes met mine and I regretted every minute we were looking at each other. There was a fire in her that was just growing.

"I'm out," I hummed, jumping up.

"No, you aren't." Dafnie hissed. "Leave her alone."

"Why?" I asked.

Hawthorne sat silent. Why wasn't she saying anything? I took the step down and walked up to Dafnie, feeling this tension fill between us. She couldn't meet my eyes as I licked my lips.

"Hey Dafnie, what are you doing?"

HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE GOING TO SHOW UP RANDOMLY.

I looked over and saw the skater guy again. He had a drink in his hand and was staring at Dafnie. She stared back and swallowed hard, standing still. I took a step back and looked over at Hawthorne. She was just sitting there, looking at us.

"Danny..." she sighed.

His name is Danny? I thought people called her Danny.

"What did I say? Let her have some fun." he said.

"I don't want to see her hurt." she replied.

"She'll get hurt no matter what, just... what do you think you're doing?" and he looked at me with that question.

I swallowed hard and smiled.

"I'm Rupert and I want to have sex with Hawthorne."

And somehow, I knew, Jessie heard that.
Last edited by Nike on Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

267 Reviews

Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:49 pm
Nike says...

Dafnie Serena Leto

The reason I went to this school wasn't because I was rich or famous. It was because my uncle believed that I had to go to one of the best schools in America. He had no children, nor was he planning on it. My parents couldn't afford to send me to a prestigious school. So, my uncle funded. And by looking at my last name, you know who I'm talking about.

The king of man buns.

Jessie's was huge, loud, rowdy, and, pretty cool. I was already buzzed and enjoying myself. I dragged Hawthorne along. We watched a movie at my place yesterday and she seemed to like me and I seemed to like her so I thought, why not. We'd enjoy ourselves. I've lost her though. She ran off just as I was about to hand her a drink.

And I didn't find her in the best conditions either.

"Hawthorne, I'll drive you home." Danny told her.

Jessie stood just behind Rupert, her eyes were watering. Looks like he was playing more than one ball game this time. I couldn't catch my breath as I watched her, it made my heart crack. She was in pain and it was all because this bitch wanted to play a game.

"Rupert, what the fuck is wrong with you?" I hissed through my teeth.

A cold breeze passed me, maybe it was just me who felt it and I shivered. Rupert looked at me with those wide 'What Did I Do?' eyes.

"Dafnie, it's okay, leave it." Jessie said.

I looked over at her, surprised by her voice. It was strong, full forced. Hawthorne was already on her feet, next to Danny. He was looking at me, waiting for me to join them. I really should, this wasn't my place anymore. I saved Hawthorne, that's all that matters.

"Jessie, don't fall for it." I said, my voice steady. "He's really not worth it."

"Don't believe her." Rupert turned to her.

I swallowed and walked over to Danny and Hawthorne. Danny gave me this look of disapproval. I can't save everyone, I get it Danny, now stop with the looks. The party was still full blast so we found our way back into the living room. I had to grab my things before we left.

"Sorry, Rose." I apologized.

"It's 'kay," she replied, her voice soft. "It's for the better anyway."

Meeting Danny's eyes, I sighed. He made an impression on me, really. More than Rupert did. And you'd expect otherwise.

We got to the closet, which kept everyone's personal belongings safe. I found my bag and Hawthorne found hers and we were off, finding our way out. But before we made it out of the living room, I saw a guy.

A hot guy.

Tattoos everywhere and amazing eyes.

I held my breath and stared for a while, letting the air slowly out. He was standing on his own, making small conversation with some blonde chick and he didn't look too happy either. Man, he was hot.

"Who's that?" I asked no one in particular.

'Who?" Hawthorne answered.

I nodded toward the hunk.

"New guy, don't remember the name." Danny said.

"He's my type." I smiled.

"DAFFY!!!" My name was yelled from Paul's lungs.

I turned to look for him and saw him with his arm draped over Collin's shoulders. They were both pretty out of it which made me laugh. When Paul saw Danny, his smile got wider and he ran over to us, Collin in tow.

"My guys!! Hello!" Paul exclaimed.

Hawthorne was smiling which made me smile. Maybe Paul could work for her? He's a little player-ish, but he's alright, I would trust it. Or Collin. But Collin seems interested with Isabelle.

The music was pumping which made my heart race.

"Let's dance." Paul winked at Hawthorne.

A blush grew on her cheeks and I laughed. "Go, he's cool."

She smiled, but didn't move.

"Danny, hey hey man." Paul said. "This is Collin." he gestured.

"Hi Collin," Danny gave a short wave.

I licked my lips and looked back at the hunk, he was still there, but now he was eyeing me. Or maybe eyeing us. Hopefully just eyeing me. I winked at him, licking my bottom lip. And then I turned back to the guys. If he didn't come up to me in a few minutes, then I would go up to him.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:58 am
Ciblio says...

Jessie

"I'm Rupert and I want to have sex with Hawthorne."

The line ran through her mind over and over again, refusing to let her think of anything but it.

How could he do that? How could he say something like that? In her house?

Jessie shoved her way through the people, and found her way to the kitchen, where she picked up a cup, and downed it. The blonde shuddered, not used to consuming alcohol. But, it did kind of fuzz up her memory, which also affected what she thought about. The sentence she'd heard was starting to go away. Slowly, yes, but it was going. She'd decided to ignore Rupert for now, ignore her problems for now, until it actually mattered.

She poured more into the cup, and took a big gulp, before heading off outside, to the pool.

People were everywhere. Wherever there was space, a teen was in it, dancing, drinking, laughing, talking, flirting, all of that. It was gross. But she was used to it. This wasn't her first time throwing a party. And since it was, she was smart enough to lock up her room, because teens these days were too hormonal, and she preferred it if her sheets were clean.

Jessie sat down in a lawn chair, her eyes angry, with her cup in her hand.

"Hey!" A distant voice greeted next to the tipsy girl.

"Heyyy.." Jessie slurred a bit, sitting back.

"Jess? You alright?" The person asked, but she replied with a shrug. She may be intoxicated, but she still remembers what had upset her.

"C'mon, let's go to your room. It's much more quiet in there." Jessie now recognized the voice as Val.

Jessie almost protested, but she wanted somebody to talk to. To rant to. So, she let Val lead her up the staircase, unlock her door, and take her in the room.

"Tell me, Jessie, what happened?" Her friend asked, sitting on her bed.

Jess laid down on her bed, and stared up at the ceiling, eyes wide. She wouldn't be able to go to sleep tonight, most likely.

"I'm Rupert and I want to have sex with Hawthorne." She said, saying the sentence as if it were something she said everyday.

Val narrowed her eyes, "Did he say that?"

Jessie nodded once, and shut her eyes.

"Oh, honey, I'm sorry...I should've known he would do this. He's a player, Jess. But I don't blame you for falling for him. His charm gets to people." Val said apologetically, laying down next to Jess.

Jess sat up abruptly, "I didn't fall for him because of his charm!"

Val stayed laying down, but glanced at Jess, "How, then?"

"Elementary school. Before he broke, I guess...we were friends, and I'd always liked him, and after he transferred schools, something happened. I don't know. Then Freshman year...he was different. Cutting classes, hooking up with girls. I was confused. But I liked it. I liked it more than the shy kid I knew back in 6th grade. So...when we were here the other day, when we ditched class, we just made out, and..." Jessie trailed off with a shrug.

"So you don't like him for his looks?" Val questioned, sitting up now.

Jessie just shook her head, "I'm so tired...I just want everyone to go home so I can sleep."

Val shook her head and laughed, "Lazy ass. Let them have fun in your home, you bum."

After a few seconds, Val spoke up again, "You should talk to him. I think maybe you should find more out about what happened."

Jessie sighed, but stood up, "I'll try. See you later, Val."

Once she left her room, Jessie went on a search for the shaggy black-haired boy she'd fallen for years ago.

She found him outside, talking to a guy with tattoos. They didn't seem very interested in the topic, so she marched up to the two, grabbed his arm, and pulled him with her, back into the house, and up to her room.

When they got there, Val was already gone, and she finally released his arm. Jessie looked over him. He was a little unbalanced, as she automatically could tell he was basically drunk, but she didn't care. She wanted to get this off of her mind.

"Y'know, you could've just asked me to come to your room with you." Rupert said with a smirk.

Jess scowled, and shot him a glare. His face immediately dropped, and he took on a kind of apologetic, yet, confused face.

Jess continued to glare, but crossed her arms, and cocked her hip out to the side. After a few minutes of the disturbing silence, Jess cleared her throat, "So, you like Hawthorne?"

She couldn't help but feel hurt. Hurt that he had the audacity to say something like that, in her home, right in front of her. Did he not even care?

"Look, if you don't want to be with me, then just say so. I'm not going to let you take advantage of me, Rupert. I'm not stupid. I like you a lot, but if you're going to hit on other girls, then I'm not really sure me and you will work out." She said, uncrossing her arms, and leaning against her wall, "Although, I'm not entirely sure why you decided to finally notice me, anyways. I mean, I've liked you since the 6th grade. But now that I'm developed, and crap like that, you finally jump on the moment and decide to use me, just like all the other girls? I don't understand, and if you would like to explain, that would be extremely helpful."

Was she putting too much on him? Did she have the right to even put this kind of thing on him? Asking something so obscene? Does he even know what's going on? Well, even if she were wrong to ask it, and even if he had no memory of what had happened, it'd already been said, and she couldn't do anything else about it.
Last edited by Ciblio on Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:05 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

Cole
I was walking down the block. Why I was walking on my street at night remains unexplained. But when you're used to growing up in a little penthouse in the middle of Paris, a huge mansion get's to be overwhelming. Plus it was a Friday night and I had absolutely no idea what to do.

I ended up walking by a house with pumping bass and dancing shadows across the windows. No doubt this was a party, no doubt I hadn't been invited.

I decided to sneak in.

Of course, everyone was there. I even saw Collin and briefly wished I knew him well enough for him to invite me. I skirted around him, praying he didn't see the flick of my ponytail.

A few girls short looks at me. I wasn't quite sure why. I was just wearing what I wore to school, minus the cardigan. I'd worn a brilliant, lacy turquoise dress and flats. But some of these girls looked at me like they wanted to rip it off me and put it on themselves. Was it the dress? Did I actually look good for once?

I never found out. I ran into some guy with incredible ink and a great build. He glared at me before walking off, and I crossed my arms. What did I do? Did these people really hate me that much?

I found a sofa and parked my butt. I still wasn't sure why I didn't leave. I obviously wasn't welcome. Girls and guys alike were eyeing me and it made me uncomfortable, so I let my hair fall around me like a curtain.

"Cole?" I looked up. It was Collin. He'd seen me. Of course he would see me. He must think how pathetic I was for showing up at a party I hadn't been invited to. What was the English phrase for that? Gate smashing? No, gate crashing.

"Collin! How nice to see you," I said, smiling but trying not to cry. he sat down next to me, turning his body slightly towards me.

"I didn't know you were coming to the party," he said. Uh oh. I felt heat rise into my cheeks as they undoubtedly turned a brilliant bulls-eye red.

"I wasn't. I went for a walk and heard the party so I decided to stop by. I live a few houses down so..." I trailed off, unsure of what to say.

"You don't look like you're having a good time," he mentioned, giving me a sympathetic look.

"I'm really not. I don't have a single friend at Lincoln Wood except you and this other guy I talked to for about two minutes. I wasn't even invited to this stupid party and people keep giving me looks. The girls glare and the boys stare. I just- I want to go home but at the same time, I have nothing to do on a Friday night, you know?" Collin's look went from sympathetic to plain old pity.

"I'm sorry, Cole. You're new it's just... people aren't accepting of new people here. It's nothing you did, I'm sure. Do you want to stay and hang out with my friends and I?" The tears were leaking out now and to his credit, Collin was doing a fairly good job of handling it.

I shook my head. "I don't know what I want to do, but I don't want to stay here. I think I'm just gonna go."

"How about I walk you home?" He was being sweet. He pitied me. I was no one's charity.

"No." I said this abruptly and his face fell which made me feel slightly guilty. "I can find my way. Thanks though. See you Monday?" Collin nodded and I dissolved myself into the crowd of the party. Great. I just threw my own personal pity party in front of the only person at my new school who'd shown me the least bit of interest.

Way to go Cole! Let's see what else you can screw up.

Spoiler! :
@shinethroughthedark
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

267 Reviews

Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:38 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz

I was too drunk to even process anything through my mind. Was I actually talking to Jess? She wouldn't be this pissed at me... what did I do? Somehow, my mind went fuzzy and everything around me seemed to fade other than Jess's scowl. The music went away, or I thought it did.

"You like me?" I managed to blurt out.

She huffed under her breath. "This is not a good time to talk, you won't remember anything."

"No, I really won't." I admitted.

All we did is look at each other, and it felt all wrong. Why was she angry? This wasn't supposed to be angry... or drama filled. This was supposed to be carefree.

"You have beautiful eyes." I smiled.

And I meant it.

She just rolled her eyes in response, making my heart stop. I swallowed down the frog that was growing in my throat and tried my best not to kiss her. She obviously didn't want it.

"You should go home..." Jessie said, not even looking at me.

"I can't drive like this."

"Walk," She said a beat later.

Her eyes were captivating and I knew I fucked up. Fuck, fuck, fuck. I didn't even know what was going on. My sight was blurry.

Before I could say anything, she walked away. I looked at her retreating figure and felt my stomach burn. She likes me a lot. Ever since I was a screw up little kid. What the hell? Why? Why tell me now? I wouldn't remember!

"I just gotta check something and I'll drive you home, kay?" A voice came from behind me.

I turned around and saw Dafnie with Hawthorne. She was talking to her. Hawthorne was waiting for Dafnie just at the start of the stairs and Dafnie was heading straight towards me.

"What." I huffed.

"I'm not here for you, where's Jessie?" She asked.

"You already screwed that up, you're good."

"What?"

I guess I was slurring. She rolled her eyes and walked into the bedroom behind me, coming up empty. She came back out, gave me a short glare, and walked back with Hawthorne. I didn't even know what time it was. But everyone seemed to be leaving. Or just them, they were leaving early.

Something vibrated in my pocket. For a second, I had no idea what could vibrate and then I remembered, I had a phone. I pulled it out and saw someone calling, I couldn't read the name so I just answered the phone.

"Hey, I'm headed out. Dafnie invited me and a few people to her place. Bonfire man, you wanna join?" it was Merrick.

"I'm sure not invited..." I replied, feeling a pang in my head.

"What, you're slurring."

"No,"

A pause. "Alright, see you Monday."

And the line went dead. I put the phone back into my pocket and turned into her room. It looked like it could be Jessie's, but at the same time, not really. I had no clue who she really was. I shut the door behind me and fell onto her bed, knocking out immediately.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:24 am
AlmondEyes says...

Hawthorne

Coming to this party was a mistake. I never should have let Dafnie drag me here.

Not after what almost happen with Rupert, or the look on that girl Jessie's face. It made me feel sick to my stomach. Thinking about how close I let Rupert get to me made me shake. I'd almost had a panic when he touched me. Why would he do that, when he was talking to another girl? Had he used her? Was he going to use me? I shouldn't have let him get that close. The first time a guy shows me the slightest interest, it goes wrong.

I want to have sex with Hawthorne.

Rupert's voice echoed through my head. He was already doing something with another, and would have done the same to me. I knew i'd done nothing wrong, but I still felt partially guilty for the look on Jessie's face.

You're nothing but a home wrecking piece of trash!

Grandmother had said that to me when I first came to live with them. Maybe she was right. Paul had tried to cheer me up by dancing, but I told him I wasn't feeling well and excused myself to the bathroom. Only I didn't go to the bathroom. I went through the angst and hormone filled kitchen, where people were smoking weed and groping each other before making my way through the back door. All of the noise faded as I headed off of the porch and across the even and freshly cut grass from the now only faint scent that hinted in the air.

Spotting a porch swing a few feet away, I rounded the tree it was under to take a seat, stopping short when I saw someone was already sitting there. "Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't know there was anyone out here."

The girl turns to me, surprise lighting up her face. For some reason, her scarf is pulled up around her head, and she tugs it back down at the sight of me, exposing long, dark hair like mine. "It's okay. I didn't think anyone was out here either. I, um, just came out to get away."

"Me too. Do you mind if I sit?"

She frowns a little, her dark brows furrowing. "Sure, I guess so."

We sit together in the silence of the night. I let the swing sway gently as the wind picks up a tad, swirling the stale air that had been around us. I looked up at the sky, taking in the sight of billions among billions of stars lighting up the darkness.

"You're from first period, right?" I look at her. "I sit next to you in class."

"Yeah. Adah Lone."

"Hawthorne."

"I know."

That quiets me for awhile. My gaze drifts back into the stars, which Sparkled back far more friendly than anyone I'd talked to tonight.

"I don't mean to be intrusive, but why aren't you back at the party?" She looks at me.

"Bad situation," I tucked a lock of hair behind my ear absentmindedly. "I didn't wanna stick around for the ending. What are you doing out here?"

She looks back at the lights of the party where the music is still pumping. At this distance you couldn't hear what song it is, just the bass like a heartbeat. "My friend dragged me. I tried, but the party wasn't appealing. I came out here to think."

"I can understand that," I nod.

"Really? I'm sorry if this sounds offensive, but you seem like you'd be the heartbeat of the party."

I laugh humorlessly. "I've never considered myself the heartbeat of anything. Much less a party."

She takes a strand of her own hair, looking between it and me, as though comparing. "I don't get it. You're a massive overachiever, and don't all over achievers at this school also have to liven up the party scene?"

I frowned. "Overachiever?"

"Massively. Every instrument in the band? Flawless grades?" She drops her hair, doesn't look back at me. "Sorry. It's late. I get abrasive when I'm tired."

"It's no problem." I sigh, running a hand through my thick hair. "Since I'm an over achiever, apparently, I have to be ready for anything."

"I didn't mean to insult you. Oh, have I messed up already? I just meant that you're kind of intimating. In a good way." She crinkles up her face. "That doesn't make any sense either, does it? Sorry."

"You're not making any sense." I turn to face her.

"I know, I know. I think there might have been some alcohol in that punch. My thoughts are all fuzzy." She doesn't look at me, and her voice gets quiet. "I just thought you'd be... I don't know, really confident or something."

"What are you talking about?" I was completely lost.

"I don't really know, honestly. I just looked at you and your hair that's way better than mine, and thought you proud. Good proud. The kind of proud I could never be." She mutters, so I can barely here her. "I was a little jealous."

"Really?" I was surprised to hear someone say that to me.

She nodded. "Thanks for talking to me, Hawthorne. I'd be glad if you were in my Flute Section."

"Anytime," I smile happily at Adah. "I could even give you pointers if you'd like."

The smile on her face said she would love that. After that, we just sat back and watched the stars for what seemed like an extended period of time. To me, they seemed like bright fireflies dancing in the night sky. It was quiet, and peaceful, away from the riotous music in the house and the hot bodies cramped together and writhing to the beat.

"They're so beautiful," I say softly. "Like points of light. They've been here since the beginning. Past. Present. Future. What has been, what is, and what will be. Long after they die, we'll still see them. Long after we're gone, they'll still be here."

It made me sad that one day, I wouldn't be able to look up and see the stars anymore, but that was life.

"Rose!" Someone called my name. "You out here?"

I sigh, taking a deep breath as I drink in the sight before and stand up. Dafnie had come looking for me. "I'll be there in a sec!"

I look back at Adah. "See you later?"

"Totally," she smiles at me.

"Maybe we can play together sometime," I pull out a pen and piece or paper, writing my name and number on it before handing it to her. "Night."

She waves as I turn and take my leave, heading back towards the house.

"Are you ok?" Dafnie asks. "Paul said you went to the bathroom, and then you just disappeared."

I Shake my head. "I'm fine."

"That's good to hear," she smiled. "Ready to go?"

Most definitely.
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

267 Reviews

Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:04 pm
Nike says...

Dafnie Serena Leto

The party was still full circle and I have lost both Hawthorne and Danny. Paul seems to be chilling with the other people, he likes to get around. I had just downed a whole bottle of beer and my mind was all fuzzy. The music was soft to me, still banging and pop, but I didn't seem to mind much anymore.

"Hey, Dafnie." someone said.

I turned my head and saw Jessie. Her face looked perfect, as if nothing had even happened to her. She had to have cried or something. I smiled at her.

"I apologize." I said.

"It's not your fault..." she sighed. "Hope you're having fun."

I nodded, still dazed from the buzz. She realized that I was gone so she walked away. I had to sit down somewhere. I needed a smoke. I found my way to the backyard. A bunch of people were crowded in it.

Opening the door, I felt the cool air whip against me like a blizzard and I stepped out. The pool was glistening from the moon light. The people were swimming in it, enjoying the last few days of the warm season. And probably just enjoying someone's pool. There was a hot tub in there, it looked inviting. Maybe if I ever became Jessie's friend, I would use it.

My fingers were cramping from the cold and all I wanted was the taste of a cigarette. I walked over to the side of the house, maybe a smoker was hiding there. The distinct smell of tobacco filled my nose and made me smile. Bingo. I was barely able to walk straight, but I managed to lean against the house, looking at the hooded individual that dragged on a butt.

"Could you lend me a smoke?" I asked.

My heart raced as the person faced me, revealing a familiar face.

"You're having a blast, aren't you?" he snickered.

"I'm a little buzzed and I wanna smoke."

He licked his lips and I couldn't help but watch him do it, and he knew. Somehow, my body was heating up and i wanted to touch him. Just trace his lips... run my hands in his soft hair.

I suppose I was staring for too long cause he started to laugh.

"What?" I asked.

"You're cute."

Smiling, I hid my face with my hands and laughed along with him. I felt his hands touch mine, making them disappear from my face. Our eyes met and I tried to breathe calmly, the laughing was slowly dying.

"Here," he said out of nowhere.

He placed a cigarette between my lips and I felt so on edge as he did so. It was careful, thought out, and I thought that I even breathed wrong all this tension would float away. Our bodies were so close I could smell his aftershave.

He lit it up, his eyes on mine. I sucked on the cig, taking in my desire. I let the smoke out, watching it float between us. The warmth of the cig filled my lungs as he pulled away, making my body cool.

"Come back here." I commanded softly.

He rose an eyebrow, not moving.

"Danny," I said. "Just come back,"

"You're drunk,"

"I don't fucking care..."

The moon was at the perfect spot, it's light shone on Danny, I could see everything of him. And I liked what I saw. It was the hair and the eyes that got me all bubbly. I took another drag of the cigarette as he took the steps back to me, closing the space between us. I lifted my head a bit just so we could be eye-to-eye. I let the smoke bounce between us as I placed the cigarette in his mouth. My heart was racing unsteadily as I watched him drag it, blow out the smoke, the smell climbing into my nose, and licked his lips seductively. Maybe it wasn't even seductive, but to me it was.

I took the cigarette from his lips, making sure I touched them in the process. They were wet. I put the cigarette back into my mouth and traced his lips with my index finger. Dragging it out pretty long, I blew out the smoke and tossed the cigarette on the ground, crushing it with the heel of my shoe. My body just begged for his, I couldn't even feel the cold anymore.

His skin was so warm to the touch, I just kept on touching him. It was addictive, like smoking. I ran my fingers from his face, to his jaw, to his neck, and then to his chest. Sadly, the was covered by clothes, but I still felt all this energy springing in me as I ran my hand down his chest.

We were silent, as if touch was enough talk. I looked up and saw him looking at me. I gulped and stared back. His hands were now on my hips. And all I wanted him to do was grab me, kiss me, rip off my clothes, and take me.

I placed my hands on his neck and pulled him down, our lips just that much closer. I felt the presence of them so close to mine but I resisted kissing him for a second. I liked the torture of not kissing him. I shut my eyes, took in a breath, and leaned in.

He leaned in at the same time and as out lips met, I forgot I was even Dafnie in that moment. His lips pressed hard against mine, leaving them tingling for more. I ran my tongue on his bottom lip, and he opened up, out tongues touching. I moaned as he gripped my hips even harder and our tongues danced.

I was pressed against him as hard as I could, I just wanted no space. I wanted him. I wanted him. I wanted him. I wrapped my leg around his, pulling him against me. I was leaning against the house and his hands were on each side of my head as I gripped his waist, feeling him.

All the breath from me was gone and the cold never bothered me. I was hot, my skin felt sticky and so did his. I had my legs sorta spread apart and his knee got between them, pressing against me. I held back a moan, gripping his shirt. Our kisses started to get sloppy, but I didn't care.

He pulled away, so I opened my eyes and saw his, open wide and looking at me. I licked my lips and pulled him back closer, but he didn't kiss me.

"I want to fuck you." he laughed.

"Great minds think alike." I smiled back.

My hands roamed to his pants. I wrapped my index fingers on the belt loops, making him grind against me. Our eyes were in sync the whole time.

"But you're really drunk..." he replied.

"You don't wanna take advantage of me? How cute. Can I take advantage of you?" Somehow the alcohol buzz was dying down and I really was considering having sex with him.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:16 am
View Likes
LordGreenleaf says...

Spoiler! :
Ok @shinethroughthedark sorry for the drama and stuff, I was just that kind of vibe from the night

Hunter Lexington

It was midnight and I was wasted.

Me and my room mate Nate had cracked open far two many beers as a celebration for his new girlfriend and I was so drunk I couldn't think straight. I was walking on one of the windy roads near the school, no idea where I was going.

The white lines in the road swayed back and forth, hypnotizing me.

I kept thinking of Cole and how pretty she looked in those glasses. Her face was permanatly printed in my mind and I had to get it out. turned right onto one of the wealthier lanes. There was what looked like a party happening in the first house. I could feel the vibrations of the music from the street. There was a bench at the front of the house and I collapsed into it, too tired to keep on walking.

"You mind if I sit here?" A girl from behind me said. She had sky blue eyes and hair that looked like cornsilk. There was dried tears on her eyes though and her arms where wrapped protectively around her chest.

I'd seen her before. Her name was Jessie, right? She went to Lincoln Wood.

"Suure." I slurred, trying to appear less drunk than I actually was. Jessie sat down next to me, her eyes on the ground.

"So what happened?" I asked, looking at her now. Jessie looked surprised for a milisecond that I was talking to her, but it looked like she'd had a few to drink as well, so I guess she wasn't thinking straight either.

"I really liked this guy called Rupert. And then he said he wanted to fuck another girl. And now I think he likes me again. " Jesse said, pulling her cardigan tighter around her.

"Ahhh." I said. "So did you hit him?" This made her smile, and her smile was a delightful thing.

"Hey, do I know you?" Jessie asked curioulsy, looking at my face now.

"I guess. I go to Lincoln Wood. The names Hunter." I said. Jessie turned to face me now, putting the full force of her dazzling blue eyes on me.

She leaned forward and I knew this wasn't going to end well.
Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. - Jim Carey

271 Reviews

Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:50 pm
Gravity says...

Cole
It was impossible not to hear the rumors at school on Monday.
Rupert actually showed up to French class and was talking about the party with all his little friends. Of course, the party I'd been at and left almost immediately after I arrived, and also, the very same party I wasn't invited to.

I'd heard all the nasty little events, but half of me wasn't quite sure if they were true. Apparently Jessie liked Rupert and Rupert wanted to have sex with Jessie but then he said he wanted to have sex with Hawthorne so Jessie got upset and...

I didn't even know who Hawthorne is. That's not the rumor I was worried about.

Apparently Jessie had been seen making out with someone else shortly after that whole thing happened. And the person she was making out with was... Hunter. Hunter Lexington. The very same guy who had told me I looked pretty with my glasses on.

Ugh.

He saw me in the hall at one point and waved to me, I rolled my eyes with as much sass as I could muster and watched the hurt look on his face. I kept thinking about how stupid it was that I was mad. For all I knew, the rumor might not be true. Even if it were, he wasn't my boyfriend. He wasn't my friend. We'd talked twice. So why was I so upset?

The reason why didn't matter. I skipped lunch, not wanting to see Hunter and his post "I made out with a drunk rich girl" face. Technically, I was rich too. But still. I booked it (pun totally intended) to the library and put my head down on a table.

"Are you okay?"

I looked up to see a girl with brown hair that made me envy her. She was beautiful, with full lips and a perfect nose and skin without a single pimple. But the thing that stood out the most were her eyes. They were a brilliant violet color, the kind of color you found in the sky at sunset.

"I'm fine." She pursed her lips and I could tell she didn't buy it.

"I'm Hawthorne. I don't think we've met." She put out her hand and I shook it.

"I'm Colette. Cole for short." Now that I had actually said something, my name and my French accent gave me away. I could tell as she continued to speak she knew who I was, she just hadn't put my face with my name.

"Oh. You must be the foreign exchange student. I think I heard that we had one this year. So what's really wrong?"

She sat down in the chair next to me and I exhaled. Should I tell her? I got the impression she would get it out of me one way or another.

"Well. I have no friends here which sucks but two people have talked to me at least a few times and made me feel welcome. Collin and this guy, Hunter. I heard that Hunter was making out with this blonde chick named Jessie. And I heard about the stuff with you and Rupert, too. I've talked to Hunter maybe twice, but I don't understand why this has me so upset."

"Well. Maybe it's because the two times you talked to him, you realized he's a nice guy and someone you might end up liking." I shrugged after she spoke.

"I'm really not sure why, but you look like you could use a friend. So if you ever need someone to talk to, you can usually find me near the band room. Or in here. Okay?" I nodded.

"Can I have your number?" I asked this on a whim. She...

Spoiler! :
@AlmondEyes sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your character but Hawthorne seems so nice and Cole really hasn't had much interaction. So I figured you could decide whether to give Cole Hawthorne's number and forge a friendship or... not to.

267 Reviews

Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:32 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Spoiler! :
I WAS JUST ABOUT TO WRITE WILLIAM FRANCO SHOOT ME. I do miss HH.

Rupert Franz

The weekend passed in a blur, it was like it didn't even happen. My phone has been blasting with texts, but I didn't bother to read them. My body still ached from the party. When I woke up the morning after the party, I wasn't even at my house. I was at Jessie's... and I wasn't alone.

Jessie was there, next to me, all pretty. It was weird to just look at her and think she was pretty. It wasn't something that normally crossed my mind.

My mouth tasted like vomit, beautiful. I managed to sneak out of the house without waking a soul. Her place was a wreck. I am happy I'm not her. Cleaning after a party like that was a challenge.

So now it was Monday and I was in school and rumors were on the vine. Everyone knew something was up and new names were popular.

It was in my second period when I saw a few of my friends talking to some random girl. Wait, she wasn't random, she was the French one. I walked over to them with a smile and sat just in front of the girl. Her attention was immediately on me, I get that effect. Everyone was talking, it was like all you heard was a swarm of words mixed together.

"Hey," I said to her. "You're Colette, no?"

She rolled her eyes. She rolled her eyes. What was that? Why did she do that? Was I just an eye-roller of a person?

I rose an eyebrow and looked behind her, seeing Philip and a few others. I nodded at them and tilted my head toward Colette, showing them I was questioning what they were talking to her about.

"She asked about this kid, Collin, I think." Philip replied.

I looked back at her. "He's a riot," I smiled.

"Whatever," her French accent rang through her words. "Rupert, can you go back to your spot, you make me uncomfortable." I felt the anger spit from her.

"I have that effect."

But with the way she looked at me, daggers in her eyes, I stood up and went to the back of the class. Hawthorne had this class with us, I knew because just now she walked into the room, all red faced. Something was spreading about her, I knew that much, but I had no idea what. I never bothered to ask. I just didn't think anyone would talk about her.

Our teacher walked in and everyone shut up.

Before the bell rang, I had to talk to her. Throughout the whole class she was looking down at her notebook. Colette spoke to her, I mean, that went well. They seemed to get along. But other than that, I felt sick looking at her. Something bad was going around and I feel like it was my fault.

Everyone stormed out of the room, leaving Hawthorne and Colette taking their time. I told Philip to wait with me. I had hope that Colette would leave without her, but no, she waited. Dammit. They both walked out and I sighed, swinging my pack on my shoulder and following after. The crowded hallway immersed them, leaving me no choice but to ask elsewhere.

"You have no idea what's going around?" I asked Philip.

"No man, I left that party early, remember? I had work the next day." he said.

"Right, I don't remember, that's my problem... how was work?" I moved on.

We found our way to the next hallway, closing in on my next class. He had his headphones on, I could hear the Tiesto from here, but he still heard me.

"Eh, like work with my dad would be. At least I have the experience for the new job I'm applying for." He smiled.

"Where's that?"

"Apple."

"No fucking way."

He had on this wide smile that only proved his words right. There was a sparkle in his eye. I high-fived him, feeling the excitement. This was his dream, to work for Macintosh. Ever since he was little, he loved computers, and now, all he wanted to do was to create the next Apple device.

"You applied?!" I asked.

"Not yet, when I get into college I can. But I called and they said I'm a shoe in." his voice at a higher pitch. "Man, it's amazing."

"Holy fuck. You're a lucky bastard."

As we walked, I looked forward and saw Merrick at his locker. I was meaning to talk to him. I walked over with Philip in tow. Merrick was pulling out some books when he noticed us. I smiled and he returned the smile.

"Hey man, what's up?" I asked.

"School," he replied nonchalantly.

Silence went between us for a moment. "I'll see you in lunch." Philip said, nodding a 'hello' at Merrick.

He walked away, leaving me the opportunity to ask him what happened.

"What happened at the party?" I asked.

There was a pause to which accompanied an uncomfortable tension. It made the hairs on my sin stick up. He shut his locker and turned towards me.

"I'll be honest with you because that's who I am." he started. "You are a fucking idiot."

"I figured that." I replied.

He took in a breath. "You were playing two girls... and you think that's okay?"

"I wasn't playing anyone."

My heart was racing and my mind was running with thoughts. What did I do? Did I try to fuck more than one girl? I wouldn't be surprised. Merrick was standing there, impatiently waiting for me to say something.

Say the truth.

What truth? I spoke the truth. I don't play.

"Merrick, I swear. I don't play." it was weird to say play out loud like that.

"You don't fuck around with more than one girl at the same time?"

"A threesome?"

He rolled his eyes and turned around, leaving me to stand there on my own. I just realize that we were the only ones in the hallway. Everyone else was in class. I didn't even hear the bell go off. I followed after him with a quick step, he was much taller so his stride was farther so I had to catch up.

"Okay Merrick. I get what you were saying." I tried. "I was trying to get with Jessie. But I wasn't trying to get with anyone else."

He stopped just a few feet in front of my and turned to look at me. His cheeks were a slight red and I was scared for some bizzare reason.

"You wanted to fuck Hawthorne."

I gulped, my eyes got wide, I felt it.

"Before you say you didn't, think about it, because you did. Man, I thought you weren't that much of a player. But you are... it's sad. All you do is fuck around, you never get love. How does that feel?" those words coming out of his mouth looked so wrong. But he was honest and it hit all the buttons.

I swallowed down all my dignity and was silent. There was nothing to say cause that hurt. What he said hurt like a bitch. You don't need love. Love sucks. And I know this. I know this from experience. Who cares if you love someone so much when they hurt you anyway?

Since I was silent, he just huffed like any bad wolf would and turned on his heel, finding his way to his class. I stood there, unsure of where I was to place myself.

Spoiler! :
HA RUPERT HOW DOES THAT FEEL.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:11 pm
KingLucifer says...

Daniel Belov

Second Year, eigth day.

Eight days into the year and I've already bedded a someone, I took a long drag of my ciggerette and blew smoke into the air another smoker no less. I drop my ciggerette and crush it beneath my foot as I headed into the school. Dafnie, Paul will kill me when he finds out I screawed her. Oh well, if she was expecting anything to change then she was sorely mistaken and I'll have to constantly tell Paul that, not like he'll listen when he gets pissed. I thought I would have to confront Paul at the end of the day, but my luck was never that good to me he leaned against the wall of the crowded hallway.

The moment he saw me I knew I was in for a fight he walked toward me his fingers curled into a fist only two feet away from me he wound up and swung yelling "You son of a bit-"

I moved left dodging his fist and my right foot catches his left foot tripping him to the ground. "Stay down Paul fighting with me will only get you hurt, and you know that," I said.

He scrambled to his feet untrained and undisplined unlike me, and words of my mentor came to my mind.

Stay out of an angry man's way.

I shook my head Paul charged again swinging for my face I grab his fist and twist it slightly to the left he swings around behind me, back to back, I put my foot to his rear and kick away kicking him to the ground. I take a few steps forward breathing deeply a crowd has gahered and I don't know where Dafnie was exactly, knowing my luck she was close probably trying to intervene now.

"Stop it, stop it!" I heard a familer voice.

I turned and saw Dafnie arrived out of the crowd Paul is already up and about to charge me again. Dafnie catches him before he gets near wirling him around and then letting him go.

"Stop Paul!"

"But he took advan-"

"He didn't! I was still sober!" she interupted, and lied.

I'll be honest I took a chance in hoping she was only buzzed and not seriously drunk off her ass. But I judged by her coordination skills that she was buzzed not overly drunk. I wasn't, I only had a beer and was smart enough to keep a condom in my pocket, I didn't break another law I believe at least.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:47 pm
NicoleBri says...

Isabelle Lee

I arrived fashionably late to Jessie's party. I was actually still quite nervous especially since Jessie and I weren't friends, but, she invited me so who could resist a party? Not me.

My dress was kind of short but long enough to not see my lady parts. I walked in and many people were already drunk, I smiled, this is just great. I saw Collin over with a group of guys and I swiftly went to his side.

"Hey." I say.

"Oh.. hey."

I sighed, for a moment there he looked more interested in another girl, by whom I had not heard her name. This place was full of guys but they were all always on Jessie.

I guess I'm not pretty enough. I thought to myself. This made me need a drink, or ten.

I first went and got two shots of vodka, then a beer. Well, maybe two beers but that was all. Next, I was totally wanting a fruity cocktail but that wasn't going to happen so I got a wine cooler. I know, mixing drinks isn't a good thing to do. At this point, throwing up was the least of my problems.

Five shots of vodka and a crown later.....

My mind was spinning and I felt amazing. I spun around and began to dance all over the place. Yes my vision was blurry but, it was all good. I smiled as I passed by some cute guys, wow, wait they were definitely hot.

I saw Paul and his other friends,

"Hello there.." I say to him. He shot me a smile and I kept walking passed everyone and up Jessie's stairs. I turn back around and I needed to find Collin, I wanted him that was it.

"Hi." I say as I walk back up to him. I didn't give him a chance to say anything and I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my lips to his. I pulled away and he looked dumb founded, I walked off.

I looked around and spotted Jessie, oh how beautiful she was. I walked up to her and she looked just as wasted as I felt, this was something I regret, I held her face to mine and then I gave her the biggest smooch on the cheek.

"I love you." I tell her. Her eyes widened and I walked out of the party. I needed to go home.

"Where do you think you are going?" I heard someone say. I had no clue of the voice but I turned back around, it was Lacie. She was my younger friend, a junior. "Home." I mutter and then fall flat on my face.

The rest of the night was a blur.

-----

The next day I woke up with a bad ass head ache. My phone was going off and it was a picture message.

I opened up the message and what I saw, well I got freaked out.

I didn't remember ever doing it, but this was the fact, this picture was of me kissing Collin. How stupid could I have been?

I laid back down and began to cry, now I would never be able to face him, EVER.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

271 Reviews

Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:08 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

Cole- in which she grows a pair
I was walking alone from my locker. Almost everybody had gone. Rupert was waiting around for me.

"What did I ever do to you, Colette?" He asked me this with a lazy grin on his face that infuriated me.

I'm not a violent person. I promise. But after what Hawthorne told me, I was furious with him. I grabbed his shirt and pushed him against the locker. He was to surprised to react, I pushed all my weight on him to keep him there.

"You wanna know what you did?" His eyes widened and he slowly nodded his head.

"You fucked around with Jessie which is one thing. Or at least, you tried to. Then your drunk ass went after Hawthorne, trying to get her to hook up with you like she's some kind of common whore. You don't deserve her, she's 10 times the person you will ever be. And I may be a girl and I may be shy but I know how to take care of my own. If you EVER mess with her again..." I was fuming. I could feel the heat radiating through my chest. I pulled my hands off his shirt, forcing myself to move away from him.

"If I hear you fucking around with another girl like that..." I trailed off. I could tell by the growing smile on his face, he didn't think I was serious. "You'll be done here. And the French won't surrender again. If you can even wrap your pea brain around that." I raised my hands and walked down the hallway. He called my name but didn't physically go after me. I paused before turning around.

"My name is Cole." I didn't yell, but I spoke clearly. He heard me. Colette, the shy little French girl was gone. I had confidence and I wasn't letting that go.

At least, not yet.

Spoiler! :
@Nike hope you know this wasn't personal! It's all between the characters :)

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:23 am
Ciblio says...

Spoiler! :
Kay kay. A bit dramatic, but I dunno. Actually, not that dramatic. @Nike, just do whatever you want with her. I don't really care when he decide's to try and talk to her again, doesn't matter. She's home for the day, probably gonna be asleep. I'll have more cleared up in my next post for her, this one was kinda just a laid back one, y'know? It's late & I wanted to finish it, but didn't know how to finish it, so...yeah. Don't hate on my style, you jealous muffin! Luull, kay, imma go to bed now.

Jessie

Jessie sat up, and instantly groaned. Her memory was clear. The last thing she remembered was Rupert saying...what he said. Ah, man. So it wasn't a dream? Er, nightmare?

Jessie held her head, and pushed herself out of her bed. The house was a mess, and her room was probably the cleanest out of all. Good thing she had a lock on it.

It seemed that everybody was gone, but their mess was still here. Along with some clothes; random shirts, pants, the occasional pair of underwear, bras. Whatta mess.

Jess flung her hand to the side, her fingers trailing over her dresser, until her finger tips touched the screen of her Iphone. She picked it up, unlocked it, and searched through her contacts, before finding the one she was looking for. With a click of her finger, her desired number was dialing, and she held the phone to her ear, rubbing her forehead.

It rang once, before a pleasant voice picked up, "Hello, Miss. Jessie! What do you need?"

Jessie smiled a bit at the familiar voice, "Hey, Bonnie. I had a party at the house last night and it's a mess. Do you think you can come help me clean?"

There was a soft laugh, then, "Of course, sweetie. I'll be over with the cleaning supplies in 10."

"Thanks, Bon." She said, not noticing her voice crack at the slightest. She hung up, and tossed her phone to the side.

(Bonnie is the maid, just so you know. What rich person DOESN'T have a maid?)

She knew that she'd probably spend all day cleaning with Bonnie. Though, she didn't have to help. Actually, her parents hired the maid so she didn't have to clean. But, she liked Bonnie, and cleaning with her was fun, for some odd reason.

Jessie sighed, and plopped back down on the bed, deciding to wait until her friend/maid got there, so she could be distracted by cleaning instead of having her mind on the previous night. Throwing a party probably wasn't the best thing she could have done. But, maybe somebody else got satisfaction out of the night. If so, well...good for them.

~~~~

Saturday went by quickly, as Bonnie and Jessie cleaned until they couldn't stand anymore. The next day was just a lazy day, since Jessie was still worn out from all the cleaning that had been done. She was actually contemplating staying home on Monday. Partly because she just didn't feel good, and partly because she didn't want to face Rupert. The bastard. Even though he was drunk...his words still stung. And the expression on his face. Ugh.

Jessie lounged around, eating, drinking, watching TV, playing games on her phone, and sleeping. Lazy days were the best.

But when she awoke the next morning to her alarm blaring, she wasn't in the mood. She was tired, annoyed, and to top it off, she had a killer head-ache. But, if she skipped out on school, her parents would get a call, then she would get a call from her parents. And she just didn't feel like it today.

So, shut the alarm off, and got up. Popped a few Tylenol's in her mouth, washed it down with water, and began to prep herself for the day, even though she'd much rather go to school in sweats and a T-shirt. But that wouldn't work. Nope, she had a reputation to keep up with, even though she didn't want the reputation. But eh, it had it's good times.

Jessie slipped on a pair of peach-colored skinny jeans, a tight floral top, with a white cardigan that went down to her pockets, her Special Edition Gucci Soho Leather Handbag, and a pair of Brown knee-high boots. Oh, how she loved boot season. Her closet was ready for the cold.

Jessie grabbed her phone, checked her hair in the mirror, then left the house, making sure to lock the door behind her.

She jumped in her car, started it, flipped the heater on, then took off towards the Private school she attended.

It took her around 30 minutes to get there, which was unusual, seeing as it usually only took her about 10. But, she'd intentionally taken that long. The pills had done nothing to help her head, and she felt like she could vomit at any moment. Plus, she wanted to avoid the crowd that she was with in the mornings, and Rupert. Wait, wasn't there someone else? Jessie could vaguely remember talking to somebody, possibly...kissing someone? No, she would remember that...right?

Jessie shook her head, and parked in the school parking lot, but didn't get out. Instead, she took in a breathe, and reclined back, so nobody would see her. Could she just stay here? Ignore everything? Wait until the bell rung for school to be out for the day? No, no she was here, she needed to go in. Absences didn't do good with her grades.

She sat for about 5 more minutes, before slowly pulling herself back up, getting out, and locking her doors.

The slight breeze blew through her hair, and she smiled slightly, enjoying the wind against her pale skin. This was her favorite time of the year. It was so pretty, and cold, and...quiet. Silence was the best thing that she could've asked for at the moment.

Everything was quiet for her, and she couldn't get the smile off of her face. She couldn't seem to think of anything but the quiet whistling of the wind, the soft rustle of the leaves on the ground, the rubbing together of the trees, it was comforting, really.

Jessie blinked once she heard the bell for first hour, and frowned a bit. Was it already time for class? Dang.

She picked up her pace, hurrying so she could make it across the school so she wouldn't be late.

----

It wasn't a shock to see Rupert laughing with his friends at lunch. Of course he didn't remember anything. The bastard was drunk. But, perhaps somebody filled him in? Told him what he did? And if so, he didn't seem to care. Er, by the way he was acting, he didn't seem to care.

Jessie took in a breathe, and sauntered by him and his group of friends, actually trying not to get his attention, for once. But, hope wasn't on her side, because right as she got by them, she heard a, "Jessie! Hey, wait up!"

Oh, no. No, no, no. Not now. Please, Lord, no, not now.

And it was him. The shaggy black-haired boy that she couldn't seem to look at.

Her eyes were focused on the ground, and her fingers picked at the lining of her cardigan nervously.

He was walking next to her, talking? Was he talking? She didn't notice. She didn't want to notice.

All of a sudden, they both came to an abrupt stop, and for a second, Jessie didn't know why she'd stopped too. Until she realized his hand was on her wrist, and he was staring at her. How long had he been looking at her?

He was saying something, but she didn't exactly want to hear it right now. She didn't want to hear anything from anyone.

Jessie pulled her hand away, and began walking away. Honestly, even if it were Val trying to talk to her, she would've walked away. She just wanted to go home. Lay in bed. Sleep. Try not to think. Mhm, that sounded good right about now. Without hesitation, she proceeded to walk to her car, get in, and zoom off towards her house.

Hopefully, she wouldn't have trouble falling asleep. And hopefully, she wouldn't have trouble pushing away the thoughts that so badly wanted to run through her mind.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

267 Reviews

Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:56 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Dafnie Serena Leto

Why would Paul even try to fight him? What was the point. How did he find out I even slept with Danny? I didn't tell him... did... did Danny tell him? Was it some sort of victory that he had to tell him? What was going on.

Paul was at my side while Danny stood in front of us, all smug. He knew he had won this fight. One, there was no reason for a fight. Two, he knew how to fight. I swallowed down my fright and looked at Paul. His eyes were wider than I was comfortable with so I touched his hand. He pulled it away which made my heart skip a beat. He was furious with me.

The crowd of people disappeared, disappointed that the fight ended so quickly.

"Are we done here?" I huffed, looking at Danny.

He nodded, unsure of why he was even still standing there.

"Great," and somehow his nod made me sick.

He turned away, going down the hallway. I turned to Paul, seeing that he has calmed down. The red in his cheeks has died down. I took his hand now and he let me, great, he has settled. His hand was sticky with sweat, but I still took it.

"It's fine, I'm fine." I assured him.

All he did is shake his head and squeeze my hand.

"I don't like this Danny." he said. "You're not supposed to have sex like that. You're Danny, my little freaking Danny. And that guy..." he pointed to where he was just a few seconds ago. "Jesus Daffy. What were you thinking?"

"I liked him, I wanted to have sex with him." I admitted. "I wasn't thinking." my voice got soft.

He let go of me and walked ahead, probably going to his class. I took in a long breath and shut my eyes for a few moments. Boys will be boys.

"Hey, Dafnie."

I opened my eyes and saw Hawthorne standing just a few feet away from me with Colette. Seeing Hawthorne safe and with a smile made me forget that there was even a fight. I walked over to them.

"Hey, I'm Dafnie. You're Colette, right?" I introduced myself.

Colette nodded. "Hi."

"You guys wanna grab some lunch? I'll drive." I smiled. "Watcha wanna eat?"

Spoiler! :
Short but sweet

To have more, you have to become more. Don't wish it was easier - wish you were better. For things to change, you have to change, and for things to get better, you have to get better.
— Jim Rohn