z

Young Writers Society

Lincoln Wood Private College Prep

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:42 pm
Ciblio says...

Jessie

It wasn't until the Principal stepped up onstage, clearing his throat into the microphone to get everyone's attention did Adrian actually pull away from me. His lips were as soft as I'd remembered-- or, from when I so embarrassingly threw myself at him-- and I felt right with his arms wrapped around me. Students eyed us-- me-- and, of course, there was that growing pit of self-consciousness growing in the bottom of my stomach, slowly rising up to my throat, but as long as Adrian was close to me, talking to me, smiling at me, I knew I'd be okay. There wasn't any leaving. Well, we'd leave when Prom was over, but until then, we weren't leaving.

"Attention? Hi, guys!" The Principal's all-too-cheery voice chirped into the mic. "I'd like to thank the PTA for staying after school to help finish decorating. Also, respectfully, I'd like to thank Collin Maye and Mexi Anderson for fixing all of our costumes for the play we're holding in the Fine Arts building next week.

"As the end of the school year nears, our students continue to get stronger, smarter, and smellier," A laugh spreads around the crowd, and he continues after it gets quiet again. "Kidding, but still, all of the teachers, plus myself, are extremely proud of each and every one of you. But, to finally get to what you all care about the most, Prom King and Prom Queen."

A tall girl in a lavender halter dress stepped up beside him, and held out an elegant looking envelope. The man smiled at her, took the envelope, then opened it as politely as possible.

"Ahem," The Principal cleared his throat, and held the unfolded sheet out in front of him. "Drum roll, please."

Behind him, there was a band that the Prom Committee had hired for the night. They played a lot of Upbeat songs, but there was also some slow, slightly sad ones in there, too. The drummer, being a short, stout, blonde haired guy, tapped the drumsticks along the top of the drums quickly.

"And the Prom King is," He pauses for dramatic affect, then his voice booms, "Rupert Franz!"

And then the crowd goes wild. Guys hooting, couples clapping, people whistling, and for the first time in weeks-- months, even-- Rupert and I locked eyes. Perhaps he was just roaming over the crowd, with his stupid look of shock from winning Prom King still spread across his face, and just managed to, somehow, look straight at me. I don't know. I smile, but he turns away quickly as he pulls his hands out of his pockets.

"Hey, you, Drum Boy. Can you give me a beat?" The Principal asks, as he pulls the microphone close to his mouth. After the boy displays a confused look, he starts beating (as quietly as he could) on the edges of the drums. "Ay, ay. This is ya P, signing in, keeping it nice and simple, and I don't know if you can see it but I got a big pimple. We came here today to have a lot of fun, I saw my Grandma yesterday and she called me 'hun.' But let's get to what you want to hear, although not being the Queen is what you fear. Because her name is, check it, quite a show, and now I'll tell you that it's Hawthorne Snow."

About ten feet away from us, Hawthorne and some others I couldn't identify in the light begin screaming. Cheering. I couldn't help but smile, because Hawthorne was my friend. I think. I don't know. I hadn't spoken to her in awhile, but I'm pretty sure we were friends. I clap quietly, and watch as the sound in the room gets louder as she begins walking up to the stage.

Adrian grinned down at me, and I tilted my head to the side so I could rest my head on his shoulder, which was higher up than I expected. Hawthorne. I was glad that she won that. She definitely deserved it. I know I didn't. Mom would be mad when she heard. I don't care.

Once the two had their dance, they went to their respective people, and I turned to the boy I'd come here with.

"Are you okay?" The words slip from inbetween his lips, and I find myself smiling so hard it hurt.

With a nod, I slide my free hand over my stomach, and stare at the dancing teenagers, "When am I not?"

Although I didn't want to split with him, Adrian said that he had something to do. I didn't know what he had to do, of course, but it saddened me that we couldn't hang out more. Anyways, after he dropped me off at my house, I found Isabelle already there. Upset. My first thought was that Paul did something. They got into a fight. She broke up wit-

"I'm going to New York," Isabelle blurts out, as soon as I kick my heels off. "I'm just...I feel like I have to."

I hold my hand up, still shocked by this news, but also irritated by the itching this dress was causing. I force her to unzip the back of it, and kick it off, leaving me in yoga shorts and a strapless bra, putting my protruding stomach way out there. I felt like a cow. Of course, Isabelle didn't seem to mind at all-- what with me just stripping down like that. I don't know.

As I lift the dress up from the ground, and start up the stairs, Isabelle behind me.

"You can't leave to New York without me," I practically yell at her, a small smile playing on my lips afterwards.

Isabelle follows me into my room, "I think it's my destiny. My Aunt Mae contacted me two weeks ago and already agreed that I could come live with her until I finished school."

I frown, and hang the dress up in my closet, "But have you told Paul yet?"

After a moment, she sighs, and says, "I just sent the text."

I felt bad for her. After just repairing their relationship, she breaks the news that she's moving to another state. Damn.

"How did he take it?" I question, and sit down on my bed. It felt like baby was intentionally hurting me. I could really go for some food right now. Even though I just ate.

"As soon as you replies, I will definitely let you know," Isabelle mumbles, and sits down next to me. I prop my legs up on her lap, and proceed to push my hair up into a pony tail.

"Well, you're going to visit your God Son sometimes, right?" I raise an eyebrow, and smile at her.

"What?" Her eyes are wide, and I want to laugh because she looked both happy and confused at the same time. "M-me? But I thought-?"

"Nah, Valerie's out of the question. I want you to be his Godmother," I grin, and scratch my stomach. "And I want you to be there when he's born-- outside or inside of the room, whichever you feel comfortable with."

"Jessie, I don't know what to say!" Isabelle shakes her head, although she's smiling now.

"Yes?" I ask hopefully, and clasp my hands together. "Please?"

"Of course," She laughs, and leans over so she can hug me. "Have you decided on a name?"

"That I have," I wrap my arms around her, "Now all I have to do is talk to Philip."

Spoiler! :
So, I'm hoping this is okay? I know it wasn't my decision to choose who the Prom King and Queen were, but I based it off of the votes from the DT. Hawthorne had 2, Rupert had 3. So I went with it. Is that okay? Tell me if I need to change it, and I'll do it as soon as I can. Also, GREAT POSTS EVERYONE!
Last edited by Ciblio on Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:47 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

Zoey Marshal

Is this what it has come to? Me, cyber stalking my old “friends” from my old school as they post their stupid prom pictures with boyfriends, girlfriends, and friends. I didn’t even want to go to prom (Actually I couldn’t get a date or had any friends, but that is beside the point) but I can’t help but feel like it will always be something I missed out on.

“Okay, enough torturing myself” I say as I slam my laptop shut.

I look around my new room. It’s still in renovation mode even with all my free time today, I managed to get most things unpacked and hang some lights.

“Man, it’s almost Pinterest perfect.” I joke to myself, as I plop down on my bed. I look over to stare at the clock. 2:45 am, and I’m nowhere close to being tired. Too much to think about, and too much crap to make up in my head. I’m in the process of staring at my ceiling, contemplating life, when I hear noises from outside. I stand and slowly walk towards my window. I peer out to see that boy from before getting out of his car. It may be dark, but I would recognize that auburn hair anywhere. I can guess he just came from prom considering the suit he is wearing.

“2:45 is a little late to be getting home from a party that ended almost three hours ago sir.” I say.

“Zoey. Are you talking to yourself again?” I voice from behind me questions.

I turn to see my brother. He is in his pajamas, and a bowl of Frosted Flakes rests in his hands.

“God Zac! You scared the shit out of me. Why are you even up anyway?” I say.

“Late night munchies. Hey! You didn’t answer my question.” He says as he scoops a spoonful into his mouth.

“For your information, it’s not talking to myself. It’s stating what happening around me.”

“Yeah sure.”

“You know it would be awesome if you didn’t think I was crazy too.” I almost yell.

“Whoa who said you were crazy? I was just playing. Zoey… You know I wouldn’t say or think that. Especially with the year you’ve had. And everything that happened with Bai- ”

“Please don’t say her name like it wasn’t my fault. I could have stopped her, but no. I let her drive that freakin car and now she is... dead, and all I got was shit for it. And I deserved it. And yeah Zac, I have heard enough about this past year okay? This is a new, fresh start, and I don’t intend to screw it up.”

“You won’t Zo. I know you won’t.” He reassured.

A moment of silenced passed between us before I broke the awkwardness.

“Anyways you should probably get to bed. It’s late, and I still have a lot of work to do on my room.” I suggest.

“You should try to sleep too. Night sis.” He walked over to me and kissed me on the head. Then he left me alone on my bed hugging my knees. I sat there a moment before getting up to close the door. I walked back to my bed and plopped down once again.

“Monday is almost here, and I can finally start over.” I sigh.

I try to sleep , but I can’t even close my eyes anymore without seeing the flashing of car lights… It was all my fault.
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:39 am
AlmondEyes says...

~Thorne~

Spoiler! :
Sorry guys. They took the scene down.

Prom was in full swing, and it seemed like everyone was having fun as I made my way through the crowd to find Merrick. I's seen him earlier, but lost sight of him. My heart couldn't help but stutter in my chest at the thought of being so close to him, dancing with him, being in his arms....

I stopped short of a couple who looked like they were goin' at it on the dance floor. I Almost ran straight into them. Ugh. Guess that's what I get for not watching where I had been going. Slowing to a stop, I surveyed my surroundings. It's not like he was hard to miss. He's one of the tallest guy in school, or at least one of the biggest.

I craned my neck as I looked, and spotted him over at the far end with a few other guys. From Gym class from the looks of it. I headed over that way, careful not to run into anyone. The song over head jumped in my chest, though I wasn't paying much attention to it. Only getting to Merrick. Just as I made my way to the outer rim of the dance floor, he looked up.

I almost fell flat on my face as his eyes connected with mine. So light and intense it took my breath away. Like he was looking straight through me, or at least under my dress. The thought made me blush as I looked him over.

He looked Devilishly handsome with his short dark chestnut hair, combed back out of his face to show off his hard square jaw, and five O' Clock shadow to go along with moss Green eyes flecked with golden brown. His black tux emphasized his broad shoulders and height, making him seem slimmer and taller than he was.

He met me half way, looking me over from head to toe slowly. His eyes on me made my heart race. Keep it together girl.

He reached out, pulling a lock of my hair between his fingers.

"Your hair is absolutely beautiful." he says

His husky voice sends a warm shiver down my spine, but I play it off. I'm gad he likes my hair. It took three freaking hours to do it. I decided to leave it down because I know he loved my hair. Every time he got the chance, he would touch it. It had taken me, Dafnie, and Cole to do it properly. It now fell down my back and shoulders in soft curls. Don't even ask how much Hair spray Dafnie put in my hair. Sorry Polar Bears, but it seemed to work.

"Your dress is gorgeous." his eyes trailed from head to toe. "It complements your body well."

I tried not to blush, failing miserably. I'm glad he liked my dress. I'd found it for a steal while I was shopping with Cole and Dafnie. My make up had been done by Dafnie, so I wasn't worried about that. The lipstick I would never dare wear was a deep purple that complimented my complexion, and instead opted for eye shadow for eyeliner with mascara because I couldn't make a decision. The polish coating my toes and nails was there to tie everything together.

"Thank you. You look quite handsome yourself." I nibble my lower lip and smile shyly as I tuck a lock of hair behind my hair, an earring I wore sparkling in the low light.

He runs a hand through his hair, a small lock falling forward onto his face as his eyes met mine. "I aim to please. Would you like to dance?"

No trusting myself to speak, I just nodded as I put my hand in his. I suck in a soft breath. His calloused hand sent a shock through me, warmth shooting through my body. Timing was perfect for a dance. A slow song had just started when he pulled me onto the dance floor, hand in had as his other one found my waist.

As I listened to the beat of the song, I recognized it as Satellite Call by Sara Bareilles. I loved this song. I loved that I got to dance with Merrick to this sing. I love being in his arms. The way he looked at me like I was the only here with him. And then there were his eyes. I'd never seen eyes his color before. They were so beautiful. They were almost mesmerizing.

"You have amazing eyes," I say shyly.

"Your eyes are uniquely stunning." he says .

His fingertips touch my chin, and my breath stills as his thumb brushes my lower lip, the sensation making my body heat.

"And your lips..." his eyes drift down to them.

My heart begins galloping in my chest as his hand sides to the nape of my, his arm wrapping around me as he pulls me flush against his body. His body was so warm I just wanted to curl up with somewhere nice and cozy with him, though warm and cozy weren't really what I had in mind at the moment as his lips moved closer to mine. Mine parted slightly in anticipation. They're so close to mine I can feel the heat coming off of his. I can't help it when my hand slides into his thick hair, so smooth and soft.

His nostrils flare slightly, and his lips are almost there. I can practically feel them on mine as the tips of our nose dance with each other.

And then every hair on the back of my neck stand on end. Someone was watching me us. Or me? The hairs on my arms were standing on end now. Merrick had stopped short as well. The song had actually just ended, and I was glad for that. I didn't want our first dance and moment messed with.

"Maybe we should go sit down." I reluctantly pull my finger out of his hair.

Followed suit, walking behind me as I lead him to the table Dafnie and I were at. She wasn't at the table when we got there. I frowned. Hm. Maybe she was in the bathroom. Merrick and I took a seat, and for a moment neither one of us talked. I honestly didn't know what to say after what happened out on the dance floor. I tucked a lock of hair behind my ear as I looked at Merrick. He was still looking around for whatever had interrupted out moment. We would have kissed had it not been for what ever it was had interfered. I got the impression that he didn't appreciate that. Hell neither did I.

My gaze drifted to his hand on top of the table, and I reached for it. His hand was large. Much larger than mine as I ran my fingers over his palm. His hand would swallow mine, and I liked that. The tips of my finger ran over the calluses he head the feeling of his skin on mine kind of tickled, sending little jolts up my arm. His hand slowly closed around mine, his thumb running over my knuckles. I met his, giving him a smile smile that he returned.

"So," he started. "How does this compare to having coffee."

"Hm...." I nibbled on my lower lip, which he noticed. "Not half bad."

"Not half bad?" he raised an eyebrow. "That's all I get?"

"Yup." I nodded. "That's all. Sorry, but not really."

"My heart hurts at your words." he fakes being wounded, grasping his chest.

Leaning over, I put my hand on top of his. "I think I can make it better."

His eyes met mine, and it was as if time stilled. I have no idea who leaned in first, but our lips brushed against each other with the faintest pressure, and it sucked the air out of my lungs. Before we could go any further, we heard someone call us. It was Rupert's disembodied voice. Then he and Cole emerge from the crowd to take a seat at the table.

"Yo man," Rupert smiled. "What's going on with you two?"

Before we could answer. Dafnie came back to the table. Cole and I both smiled at her. She smiled back, but I could tell something was bothering her.

"What do you say we get these lovely ladies refreshments?" Rupert nudged Merrick.

"Alright," he ran his thumb over my knuckles before pulling his hand out of mine.

His hand was so warm and reassuring, not having it there made me feel a bit blue.

Cole turned to me, and big smile on her face. "So? How is it going over here with you and Merrick?"

I guess her seeing me blush was all the answer she needed. Her face lit up with an ecstatic smile. "I'm so happy for you!"

"Thanks." I smiled warmly.

Before she can fire off any other questions the guys come back with punch, and i'm relieved. I know she wanted details, but I didn't even know where this was going. I wasn't ready to be interrogated by Cole. We sat and talked one another, which was nice. Other people came over to say hi and chilled with us for a little while as well. Rupert made inappropriate jokes that we all laughed at while Merrick and I were playing with each other's hands. Then the song Lose my Mind by Brett Eldredge came on.

"We have to get up and dance!!" Cole stood up, grabbing me and Rupert as she did.

Seeing as how I wasn't letting go of Merrick he was dragged right along with me. He reached his hand out toward Dafnie with a smile as we all waited. We all called for her to come with us. With a small smile on her face, she grabbed Merrick's hand and we all headed out towards the dance floor. We were all singing and dancing with each other, spinning each other around and tripping over our feet. We were having fun. I was having fun. Really having fun. And I was happy. Really happy. I hoped this night would never end, but I knew it would. At least I had my memories.

Home wreckers and killers don't deserve happiness. Agatha's voice filled my head.

But for once, I ignored it. We danced to a few more songs, and then someone took the stage to make an announcement. We all moved up front to get a better view. It was the principal.

"Attention? Hi, guys!" The Principal's all-too-cheery voice chirped into the mic. "I'd like to thank the PTA for staying after school to help finish decorating. Also, respectfully, I'd like to thank Collin Maye and Mexi Anderson for fixing all of our costumes for the play we're holding in the Fine Arts building next week.

"As the end of the school year nears, our students continue to get stronger, smarter, and smellier," A laugh spreads around the crowd, and he continues after it gets quiet again. "Kidding, but still, all of the teachers, plus myself, are extremely proud of each and every one of you. But, to finally get to what you all care about the most, Prom King and Prom Queen."

A tall girl in a lavender halter dress stepped up beside him, and held out an elegant looking envelope. The man smiled at her, took the envelope, then opened it as politely as possible.

"Ahem," The Principal cleared his throat, and held the unfolded sheet out in front of him. "Drum roll, please."

Behind him, there was a band that the Prom Committee had hired for the night. They played a lot of Upbeat songs, but there was also some slow, slightly sad ones in there, too. The drummer, being a short, stout, blonde haired guy, tapped the drumsticks along the top of the drums quickly.

"And the Prom King is," He pauses for dramatic affect, then his voice booms, "Rupert Franz!"

And then the crowd goes wild. Guys hooting, couples clapping, and people whistling. "Hey, you, Drum Boy. Can you give me a beat?" The Principal asks, as he pulls the microphone close to his mouth. After the boy displays a confused look, he starts beating (as quietly as he could) on the edges of the drums. "Ay, ay. This is ya P, signing in, keeping it nice and simple, and I don't know if you can see it but I got a big pimple. We came here today to have a lot of fun, I saw my Grandma yesterday and she called me 'hun.' But let's get to what you want to hear, although not being the Queen is what you fear. Because her name is, check it, quite a show, and now I'll tell you that it's Hawthorne Snow."

The spotlight hit my face, and I didn't know what to. The look on my face must have been priceless. Probably a deer caught in head lights as everyone hooted and hollered, clapped and whistled. Cole and Dafnie were both screaming, and what I would assume was cheering for me. I looked at Rupert, who just smiled at me.

I won Prom Queen? I didn't even run!! I didn't really have enough time to ponder the thought as Rupert dragged me on stage to be crowned. They played a song for us to dance to, which was thankfully shirt as everyone came back onto the dance floor. Merrick was there to greet me as Cole stepped in to dance with Rupert.

Another slow song came on, and he took my hand to pull me close. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he wrapped his arms my waist. I was immediately enveloped my him warmth as I looked up at him.

"How does it feel to be Queen?" he asked.

I shrugged. "It feels ok I guess, but that's not what I want to feel right now."

"Oh really?" his eyebrow as I began playing with the hair at the nape of his neck.

I knew I was blushing, as I bit my lip. I caught my breath as he pulled me flush against his hot body. His fingers found my chin as he tilted my head up. Our lips touched, and the entire world melted away as he stole my breath. I let out a soft moan as I opened my mouth to let him in, and in he went. Hs lips were so soft and warm, his tongue sliding against mine as he dug his nails into my hair to press our lips together. Merrick groaned as I sucked on his lower lip, nipping and pulling on it. My heart was beating so fast I thought I was running a marathon, and my body was a whole different story. My body began to tingle all over, and an intense throb started between my legs. I didn't realize what I was missing out on until now.

"Break it up you two, or you'll be kicked out!" came one of the shaperones, and we pulled apart.

I grabbed his shoulders for support as I tried to catch my breath. The room was spinning and my feet were a bit wobbly.

"Wow," I laughed, feeling completely out of breath.

"That's one word to describe it." he smiled.

I laughed again, and began fanning myself. Was it me, or was it hot in here? It felt really hot in here. Why was I so light headed?

"Why is it so hot in here?" I wiped the sweat from my forehead.

Merrick frowned. "Are you ok?"

"Maybe some fresh air would help." I shook my head, trying to clear it.

Merrick kept me steady as we headed outside, stopping at the table where Dafnie had taken her seat to let her know. The cool air felt nice on my skin as stood there with him. I was suddenly feeling very thirsty. My throat was actually dry right now. He offered to go inside and get me more punch, but we had cold bottle water in the Limo.

Hopping in, Merrick took a seat while I grabbed two of the bottle. Taking a long drink, I sighed. I felt much better now that I had something cold in me. Taking another drink, I went to sit next to Merrick, but my head was still a little fizzy. I lost my balance. Merrick was there to catch me, but we both went down. He actually landed right on top of me, our lips brushing. One brush was all it took....

You know what happens next if you read the spoiler. This is right after.

I lay there, trying to get my bearing after what just happened. My dress was up around my waist, my leg were thrown over his shoulders, and Merrick was still down there. I can't believe that just happened. How had this even happened? Oh yea, I fell. He fell on top of me. We kissed. Then we started doing other things. He started doing other things....

I was just glad that I had decided to shave. The thought made me laugh as I ran a hand through my now tousled hair, still out of breath. And then the flew open.

"Whoa dude!!" some guy who sound like he was totally drunk laughed. "Kitty's getting her cookie munched!"

I shot to the corner of the limo so fast I almost gave myself whiplash. Merrick slammed the door shut while I hid behind my face in total embarrassment. Merrick came to sit down beside me.

"I can't believe that just happened." I didn't look at him.

I couldn't look at him.

"If it makes you feel any better, he didn't actually see anything." he touched my arm.

He was laughing at me?

"I know you're not laughing at me right now." I put my hands down to glare at him.

He started to laugh, and I started hitting him. "You jerk! It's not funny."

"It is," he didn't stop laughing. "and you know it."

I stopped hitting him, and sat there huffing and puffing. Funny? He thought this was funny!? Some drunk off his ass idiot saw Merrick with his head between my legs, and he thinks that's funny? I started to laugh too. That guy probably can't even remember his name right now. There was no point in stressing about it now.

Before I could say anything, there was a knock on the door. "Are you in here Thorne?"

"I'm in here with Merrick." I answer. "What's up?"

Dafnie opened the door to look inside. "I came to check on you. You two have been gone for a while."

"We were just heading back in." Merrick told. "I took good care of her."

I would have hit him if Dafnie hadn't been look at me. She moved aside as we both hopped out of the car and closed the door behind us. We headed back into the building and found our seats again.

"I'm glad you two are ok," Dafnie said. "Some drunk asshat was running around yelling about Cats eating cookies."

I choke on the water i'd been drinking, spitting it all over the table. Merrick just busted out laughing.

"Am I missing something?" Dafnie raised an eyebrow.

"It's just really funny is all." I wiped the water from my mouth as I laughed.

I really had to pee.

"I'm gonna head to the bathroom." I moved to get up, but I was still feeling a tad dizzy.

Dafnie and Merrick both got up.

"I've got it, Merrick." Dafnie grabbed hold of my hand.

"Alright. I'm gonna go check on something." He nodded at her.

Off he went, and off we went. I really had to pee. I must have drank more water than I realized. Getting into the stall, I loft up my dress to pull off underwear, only to realize I don't have any. Merrick had them. I sighed. Of course he had them. I finished up, washed my hands, and headed out to where Dafnie waited for me.

"How are you feeling?" she asked as we headed back to the table.

"I actually feel fine now." I shrugged.

Odd how I felt better right after peeing. Merrick was waiting back at the table for us when we got there. He didn't look happy.

"What's wrong?" I frowned.

"Someone spiked the punch with something harder than alcohol." He ran a hand through his hair. "Other people were acting the same way you were acting. Mostly other women. I just came to check on you two because I knew you both had punch."

Dafnie shook her head. "I didn't drink it, and now i'm glad I didn't. How are the other girls doing?"

"They've been taken somewhere to let whatever is in there systems wear off." he looked down at me. "How are you feeling?"

"I feel fine now." I frowned feeling a chill run down my spine. "It must be out of my system."

"At least it doesn't stay in your system very long." Dafnie said. "Who the hell would be that wreckless?"

"I don't know, but i'm going to find Phillip and let him know what's going on." he said to Dafnie.

We both nodded as he took off again. I sat back down. Dafnie sat too, but neither one of us talked. A few minutes passed, and I started to get antsy. I had idly wondered about Cole and Rupert, but she'd told me they were already gone.

Standing up, I told Dafnie I was going to look for Merrick. Spotting him through the crowd of dancing people, I tried to flag him down. As he saw me moving through the bodies dancing to the music, he moved in my direction. I barely registered the change in his eyes before I was grabbed by my wrist and yanked back right a I broke though. Colliding with a hard body, I turned to see who it was. Dread slithered down my spine when I saw those piercing black eyes. The same eyes i'd ran into in the hallway. The same guy giving me the same cold and hungry look. I tried to pull away, but he tightened his grip on my wrist to the point of pain.

"Your ass looks great in that dress," he sneered, snatching me closer to him.

"Let go of me you creep!" I could smell the alcohol on his breath and it was making my stomach churn.

"Prom Queen too good for me?" he snapped.

"Not drunk assholes!" I tried pulling away again, but he still wouldn't let me go.

He opened his mouth to say something, but didn't get the chance. He was ripped away from me and sent flying. I rubbed my now sore wrist as I saw Merrick pick the guy up off the floor. He looked like he wanted to rip the guy a new one. Merrick grabbed him by his jacket. His lips moved, but I couldn't hear what he said. Phillip came over and pulled Merrick back.

"Chill out dude," he threw the guy an ugly look. "he's not worth it."

"Why don't you have some punch and chill out?" the guy spat.

At least we know who spiked the punch.

"Is that a fact?" coach came up beside Merrick.

Dafnie came over to me. "Are you ok?"

I was still rubbing my wrist. "I'm ok."

I watched coach drag the guy away by the back of his neck.

"Derek is such and asshole." Phillip shook his head. "I can get spiking the punch, but putting something in the punch that could make people sick? What the hell is wrong with that guy?"

"I don't know, and I don't care." Merrick looked at him. "The punch is gone, and so is he. All I wanna do is enjoy myself."

Then he looked at me, and I smiled. Maybe we could still have fun.

Sorry it took me so long to post you guys @Nike @Gravity!! And i'm sorry it's so long, but here's Hawthorne's Prom dress and what not ^^

Spoiler! :
prom dress.jpg
This her Prom dress, but the color of the dress is a deeper red like the earrings she's wearing.

Hair do.jpeg
This is just her hair style.
Hair do.jpeg (12.77 KiB) Viewed 295 times

Prom Make up 2.jpeg
I hope this color doesn't clash. I'm not very good at color coordinating xD Imagine the purple a little bit darker, and there ya have it.
Prom Make up 2.jpeg (8.11 KiB) Viewed 295 times
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:52 pm
Nike says...

Dafnie Serena Leto

The last person I'd expect to come and rescue me was Isabelle. And yet, she did. I know she did it out of being a nice person. Deep down, I'm sure she still hated me. I fucked up her relationship with Paul even though he didn't even want to be with me. But here she was, hugging me back.

I couldn't believe she was leaving to New York. That would break Paul's heart. And somehow I knew he would run after her.

He hasn't been in love with anyone like he is in love with her. Not even with me. He would do anything to be with her. But I don't think she would like that. I can't be the one who tells him or else he will go chase her.

"Thanks for this, really... you're the last person I expected." I smiled.

Isabelle smiled back. "Yeah, I know." she paused. "Now let's go back and have some fun, alright?"

We both got inside and went our separate ways. Paul was more than happy to have her in his arms again and my table looks just as inviting as when I came in. The music was pumping, causing all the students to dance and have fun. Not really the case for me. I just sat down at the table with my phone in front of me.

I saw that I received a snapchat from Oliver. I unlocked my phone and clicked on his name. The was a picture of him smiling with a caption over his face which read 'You look beautiful Daffy.'

Smiling back at his face, it disappeared. I faced the camera at me and snapped a picture, writing over it 'You're a doll!'

Spoiler! :
BTW guys, this Oliver isn't coincidental! Can you guess who he is?

Looking up, I saw a few people sitting down at their tables, downing alcohol like there's no tomorrow. I looked down at myself, feeling silly that I was even here. In a dress. Alone. This was ridiculous.

"Daffy? What are you doing?" Cole came up to me, minus Rupert.

"Chilling," I smiled.

"No, let's go dance, come on. You're here to have fun!" she retorted.

I hesitated, but got up with a smile, taking her hand as she lead me to the dance floor. Rupert was waiting for us as we joined him. The music shifted to some EDM and we started jumping around, unable to contain our excitement. My heart raced and I couldn't hide my smile. We got lost in the midst of prom, enjoying the shit out of ourselves.

After a good hour, we shifted back to the table because the principal was calling out prom king and queen.

And of course it was Rupert and Hawthorne. Who else? They had to dance for a little to represent the win. Hawthorne was laughing at whatever Rupert was saying. After a few minutes they split back to their significant others, and I got it all on snapchat. They looked cute, dancing together.

"So, I guess it's not too bad, yeah?" a British accent rang in my ear.

I jumped, turning to my right to see a friendly face. His oh so blue eyes shined toward mine.

"Oliver, what the fuck are you doing here?" I laughed, my heart racing.

"You seemed lonely, and you're my friend."

"How did you get in, college boy?"

He rolled his eyes, still looked adorable doing it.

"I can do anything, you should know that!"

He stuck his hand out toward me, showing me that he wants to lead me in a dance. I nodded, taking his hand and following him back. The lights shone onto all of us, entrapping us in a world of it's own. My skin tingled as he rested his hand on my waist. I slid my arms behind his neck, feeling the soft baby hairs on his neck. In heels I reached his shoulder, he towered everyone.

The music was something calm and sweet, for those couples to feel the love and have sex later.

"You really look beautiful tonight," He smiled.

"Thank you..." I sighed. "I still can't believe you came."

I rested my head on his chest and just before I shut my eyes, I saw Paul looking at us, his eyes wide. Isabelle was dancing with him, her head to his chest with her eyes shut. My heart skipped a beat and I went back to Oliver.

"He's getting jealous." Oliver commented.

"Ugh, don't... he's not... he has his girlfriend."

"And you have a guy who loves you too."

Spoiler! :
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:25 am
Gravity says...

Cole

I woke up the morning after prom in the hotel room and the sun was glowing behind the golden curtains. Rupert's naked body was wrapped around mine and we both smelled of sweat and my perfume.

I slowly moved his body away from mine before easing myself off of the mattress, trying not to wake him. The carpet was soft and warm underneath my bare feet but when I walked into the bathroom, the tile was cold and sent shivers up my spine.

After easing the door shut to the bathroom, I opened the door to the shower stall and turned the water on, running my hand under the stream to see the temperature. As the water warmed up my gaze traveled to the mirror and I giggled at how much of a mess I was. My updo, perfectly styled, (courtesy of Dafnie) was everywhere, hair was coming out and it stuck to my face and neck. My makeup was smudged, especially around my eyes and my lips. And on my neck...

"RUPERT!" I yelled

"Mmrph?" I heard him call from the bedroom.

"Rupert. Jean. Franz." I said through gritted teeth as he stumbled into the bathroom.

"Look at this." I pointed to the purple bruises on my neck, not even caring about my messed up hair or makeup, or the fact that I was stark naked. He pressed his lips together, trying not to laugh.

"You gave me hickeys. Not one hickey, not two hickeys but THREE. Are you KIDDING me?" I was so angry at him. Now I would walk around looking like a whore because he couldn't keep his teeth to himself.

"You look beautiful no matter what, Colette. They'll go away. Eventually." This was when he lost it and he began to chuckle.

"Besides," he said, "Wasn't it worth it?" He drew me in, kissing my lips first and then to my jaw and down my neck, lightly biting me and making me moan slightly. That was when I melted.

"You can get angry at me all you want later. But right now we are both butt naked with a hot shower running and a hotel room all to ourselves. Let's enjoy it."

"What about my dress? What am I supposed to wear today?" I asked, suddenly panicking. "Or a tooth brush. I must have really bad dragon breath..."

"I had your host Mom pack you a bag. It's okay. Let me help you get those pins out of your hair." He helped me pluck the bobby pins out one by one and brought my overnight bag from under the bed in the next room, gently brushing out the tangles with a brush Tina must've packed.

He ran his fingers through my hair before opening the shower door, beckoning me inside.

By the time we got out of the shower and had our fun, it was around noon and we got dressed and ready to check out. Tina had packed me a cute outfit, denim shorts with a loose, racerback white tank top that said "Made in Paris" in pink block letters, a hot pink sports bra and my pink high tops. I ended up throwing my hair in a messy bun and only using a little mascara and lip gloss despite the curler, flat iron and all the makeup she had put in my bag. I did, however, use concealer to try to cover the worst of the hickeys. Much to my dismay, they were still noticeable if you looked directly at me.

Rupert carried my backpack on his back and his duffel bag on his right arm while he held my hand. I did catch a few odd glances from girls and women in the hall who knew what to look for, and I felt my confidence shrink into a tiny shoe box.

But a taxi up his car to the front of the hotel and it was a nice and sunny day which was rare for Seattle. So I hopped in the car and felt a bit better.

"I'm so sorry, Cole," he said, gently kissing the bruises on my neck. "I promise it won't happen again." He gave the taxi driver my address and we were off, still enjoying the sunshine.

By the time I got home and Rupert walked me to the door, catching the taxi back home by spirits were lifted and I felt warm and fuzzy, thinking about prom with Rupert. My first big formal dance and it had been so wonderful.

And of course, it helped that Tina, my host Mom, showed me how to properly cover up the hickeys with makeup.
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

271 Reviews

Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:49 am
Gravity says...

Cole

I woke up the morning after prom in the hotel room and the sun was glowing behind the golden curtains. Rupert's naked body was wrapped around mine and we both smelled of sweat and my perfume.

I slowly moved his body away from mine before easing myself off of the mattress, trying not to wake him. The carpet was soft and warm underneath my bare feet but when I walked into the bathroom, the tile was cold and sent shivers up my spine.

After easing the door shut to the bathroom, I opened the door to the shower stall and turned the water on, running my hand under the stream to see the temperature. As the water warmed up my gaze traveled to the mirror and I giggled at how much of a mess I was. My updo, perfectly styled, (courtesy of Dafnie) was everywhere, hair was coming out and it stuck to my face and neck. My makeup was smudged, especially around my eyes and my lips. And on my neck...

"RUPERT!" I yelled

"Mmrph?" I heard him call from the bedroom.

"Rupert. Jean. Franz." I said through gritted teeth as he stumbled into the bathroom.

"Look at this." I pointed to the purple bruises on my neck, not even caring about my messed up hair or makeup, or the fact that I was stark naked. He pressed his lips together, trying not to laugh.

"You gave me hickeys. Not one hickey, not two hickeys but THREE. Are you KIDDING me?" I was so angry at him. Now I would walk around looking like a whore because he couldn't keep his teeth to himself.

"You look beautiful no matter what, Colette. They'll go away. Eventually." This was when he lost it and he began to chuckle.

"Besides," he said, "Wasn't it worth it?" He drew me in, kissing my lips first and then to my jaw and down my neck, lightly biting me and making me moan slightly. That was when I melted.

"You can get angry at me all you want later. But right now we are both butt naked with a hot shower running and a hotel room all to ourselves. Let's enjoy it."

"What about my dress? What am I supposed to wear today?" I asked, suddenly panicking. "Or a tooth brush. I must have really bad dragon breath..."

"I had your host Mom pack you a bag. It's okay. Let me help you get those pins out of your hair." He helped me pluck the bobby pins out one by one and brought my overnight bag from under the bed in the next room, gently brushing out the tangles with a brush Tina must've packed.

He ran his fingers through my hair before opening the shower door, beckoning me inside.

By the time we got out of the shower and had our fun, it was around noon and we got dressed and ready to check out. Tina had packed me a cute outfit, denim shorts with a loose, racerback white tank top that said "Made in Paris" in pink block letters, a hot pink sports bra and my pink high tops. I ended up throwing my hair in a messy bun and only using a little mascara and lip gloss despite the curler, flat iron and all the makeup she had put in my bag. I did, however, use concealer to try to cover the worst of the hickeys. Much to my dismay, they were still noticeable if you looked directly at me.

Rupert carried my backpack on his back and his duffel bag on his right arm while he held my hand. I did catch a few odd glances from girls and women in the hall who knew what to look for, and I felt my confidence shrink into a tiny shoe box.

But a taxi up his car to the front of the hotel and it was a nice and sunny day which was rare for Seattle. So I hopped in the car and felt a bit better.

"I'm so sorry, Cole," he said, gently kissing the bruises on my neck. "I promise it won't happen again." He gave the taxi driver my address and we were off, still enjoying the sunshine.

By the time I got home and Rupert walked me to the door, catching the taxi back home by spirits were lifted and I felt warm and fuzzy, thinking about prom with Rupert. My first big formal dance and it had been so wonderful.

And of course, it helped that Tina, my host Mom, showed me how to properly cover up the hickeys.

Spoiler! :
Last edited by Gravity on Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

271 Reviews

Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:09 am
Gravity says...

Adrian

Prom with Jessie...
Damn.
It should be illegal for a pregnant girl to be that sexy. Actually, pretend I didn't say that or she'll start telling me about how pregnant girls have the rights to the same opportunities, dreams and hopes as regular girls. And she's right.

She was beautiful in her red dress and it brought up so many memories. The next day was Sunday and I knew she must be tired. I made a few things for her and put them in a brown paper bag before getting out the door and walking down to her house.

She answered the door with a yawn and she was rubbing her eyes, sweatpants and a t shirt covered her protruding belly.

"Hey," I said and she hugged me.

"I brought you some breakfast. Thought maybe you'd be hungry but I'm sorry I woke you, I can come back later if you want." She jumped slightly and put a hand over her belly.

"The baby's gonna be active today, it's already kicking around. I think it just likes the sound of your voice." I smiled as she pulled me inside.

I set the bag on the counter, pulling out a plate. I put a croissant and some fresh fruit on the dish and poured hot cocoa into a mug.

"Wow," she said, "Carbs and sugar, a real french breakfast.

"The croissant has no sugar and the hot chocolate doesn't have that much in it, I sweetened it with cinnamon as well."

"You made this?" She asked, sipping the cocoa.

"Yep." I kissed her forehead and carried the plate to the living room sofa as she plopped down. She couldn't really sit down because of her belly so she mostly tried to fall backwards into the cushion.

"Prom was really great," I said and she nodded, chewing a mouthful of doughy croissant.

"I actually came over to ask you something," I said just as she was swallowing.

"Yeah sure, what's up?" She popped a strawberry in her mouth.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out. Like on an actual date." she stopped chewing and looked at me.

"You know I'm about to pop, right?" She asked me patting her belly.

"Yes," I said, "That doesn't bother me. I wouldn't ask you out if I didn't want the entire package, you and the little guy," she bit her lip, thinking.

"You sure?" she asked.

"Jessie, I'm sure. So? Will you go in a date with me?"

Spoiler! :
@Shiney

67 Reviews

Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:11 pm
Ciblio says...

Jessie

"I understand, yes," I speak into the phone, and nod my head as if he could see me, "Next Tuesday, right. We'll be there."

After Doctor Hale hangs up, I toss my phone beside me, and run a hand over my belly. Almost 8 months pregnant, and I'm the size of a whale. The contractions had been killing me, as well, lately. I hadn't even hurt this much when I'd gotten into the wreck.

"Honey? Are you hungry?" Dad calls from the kitchen, and pokes his head into the doorway.

I glance at him, and my mind roams to the day that I killed somebody- well, something that would someday be a somebody. I was pregnant with twins. Was. Then I got into a car wreck, because I was angry and drunk. And that's actually how I figured out I was pregnant.

Depression seeped into my bones, consumed my thoughts, devoured my dreams and wishes-- telling me that I didn't deserve to want anything, because I had the audacity to take those same privileges away from a future somebody.

"J? Are you okay?" Dad says, and I wanted to say, 'Yeah', or something that wouldn't make him worry even more than he already was, but the tears surfaced and my headed shook without permission.

He hurries to my side, and wraps his warm arms around me-- and I felt safe. But I didn't feel good. I felt angry, sad, and sick. I needed to throw up. And cry. And-

The vomit rose, and I had to hurry and grab the large bowl that had been beside me all morning-- I'd been throwing up all day. I've been dreading this stage of the pregnancy.

"That's okay, let it out," Dad mumbles reassuringly, and pats my back. "It's okay."

No, it's not.

The contractions were coming every 10-12 minutes, and I was fed up-- but, dad made me take a whirlpool bath in (my) custom tub that dad had gotten installed for me, and afterwards I'd fallen asleep cradled in the arms of the man who raised me, loved me, cared for me. Now, as someone knocked at my door, I struggled to sit up and realized that I was alone-- though, there were blankets draped over me, and a note on the table saying, "Went to pick up papers from the office. Be back in a bit. Call if you need anything. Love you, baby."

I forced myself to stand and, still partly asleep, shuffled over to the door. Baby stirred in my stomach-- waking up. He'd dropped a lot, and I was worried that I wouldn't reach my due date-- the contractions weren't as bad as they were earlier, which is good. Fortunately, I had an appointment next week, and Dr. Hale would be able to tell me how much longer it would be. I pulled the door open, and failed when I tried to hold back the yawn that was now escaping my mouth.

"Hey," His deep voice rumbles, and everything that felt wrong before disappeared and all I could see was Adrian. I wrap my arms around him, and take in the smell of food and cologne. "I brought you some breakfast. Thought maybe you'd be hungry, but I'm sorry I woke you. I can come back later if you want."

Just as I'd expected-- baby started moving around more, kicking, twisting, torturing me. It had to be Adrian, right? Baby does this every time I'm around him-- well, when Adrian talks, that is. Although I'm used to baby moving, I jump, and press my hand against my stomach to try and calm the small life inside of me.

"The baby's gonna be active today, it's already kicking around. I think it just likes the sound of your voice," I grumble, and pull him inside-- making sure to shut the door behind us.

Ever since Adrian had been coming around more and more, baby's been more active, and I've been less stressed. Which is a good thing. Except for baby moving around so much. That hurts.

I watch as Adrian places a brown paper sack on the counter, then as he pulls out a plate-- like, an actual plate, just sitting in the bag-- the smell of the food on the plate radiates through the air, and I find myself drooling. He pulls out several things: a croissant, fresh fruit, even a container with hot cocoa in it, to which he poured into a mug.

"Wow," I gape, and stare at the food that this boy-- this amazingly sweet, gorgeous, wonderful boy-- made for me. "Carbs and sugar, a real French breakfast."

Adrian gently places the mug, filled with hot cocoa, in my hands and says, "The croissant has no sugar, and the hot chocolate doesn't have that much in it. I sweetened it with cinnamon, as well."

"You made this?" Duh. I sip on the hot cocoa, and glance at him.

"Yep," He replies, and presses his lips to my forehead, which makes my chest warm up. I follow him as he carries the plate of food to the living room, and attempt to sit down carefully on the couch-- which doesn't go as well as I thought it would. I sink into the cushion, and immediately take a bite of the croissant once he put the plate where I could reach it.

After a moment, he says, "Prom was great."

Prom was great. We'd danced all night-- or, well, as long as I could before my feet began to grow tired of holding my weight. I nod, and continue chewing my bite of croissant. It was amazing. Flaky, doughy, and the taste was perfect. I admired how well he cooked this. I also wondered how much flour he'd put in the dough. Tingles went down my back as I chewed the food, and my stomach felt as though it were going to burst any second.

He just sat there, looking as thought he were trying to gather up the courage to do something, or, well, ask something.

"I actually came over to ask you something," He finally says, and I swallow.

"Yeah, sure. What's up?" I ask, before popping a plump, red strawberry in my mouth.

"I was wondering...if you wanted to go out. Like, on an actual date," His accent slurred the words together, and I had to stop chewing just so I could actually comprehend what he'd just said.

"You know I'm about to pop, right?" I remind him, and pat my belly. Hale told me that I was going to be early, last time I had an Ultrasound. I had another scheduled for next Tuesday. Which I was going to ask Isabelle to come to. But, she was going to be busy. Plus, she's moving to New York. The next person in my mind for that was Adrian.

"Yes," He answers, then adds, "That doesn't bother me. I wouldn't ask you out if I didn't want the entire package-- you and the little guy."

Of course. Definitely. I bite down on my lip, and continue to stare at him, "You sure?"

He looks at me as if that weren't a question, "Jessie, I'm sure. So? Will you go on a date with me?"

I swallow the strawberry, and suppress the smile that was undoubtedly spreading across my lips. With a nod, I say, "Of course."

That's enough to make him grin.

"Can I ask you something else?" He asks, his brown hair swept to the right, and his chocolate eyes fixated on me. My face. My eyes.

I nod again, and shakily slide my mug onto the coffee table.

"Can I kiss you?" He practically whispered, but we were already leaning closer.

Even though we were an inch apart now, and I could feel his warm breath tickling my face, I nod.

And he closes the rest of the space between us.

Everything that was on my mind-- it wasn't anymore. All of my worries, my doubts, my thoughts, they were swirling around in the tornado that was my mind. I never understood why girls said that they saw fireworks when they kissed that 'special one', or when girls claimed that this 'special one' was their one and only, but I felt a portion of those emotions stirring inside of me. Lights flashed, my heart raced, and I was happy.

Well, that is, until a dull ache in my back and lower abdomen, along with pressure in my pelvis, caught me off guard and I lost my balance and, for some reason, it took me a moment to register the fact that it was a contraction and there was, undoubtedly, liquid trickling down my leg. It had happened so quickly that Adrian was just standing there, staring down in shock.

Did I really just piss myself? I thought.

Nope. No way.

"Adrian?" I gasp, and touch my stomach.

"What? Are you okay?" He lifts me up, and keeps a hand along the small of my back to keep me steady.

"Water," I realize with a gulp, and grip his shirt in my fist, "My water just broke."

Spoiler! :
AYYYY
HOW'S THAT FOR DRAMA, HUH?
My sister had her baby at about 8 months, plus one of my friends had her son at 7 1/2, and both babies were healthy, SO I DECIDED TO GO WITH IT
ALSO, @Gravity, TELL ME IF I MISINTERPRETED ADRIAN, THEN CONTINUE TO TELL ME THAT I'M AN IDIOT, and also tell me what I need to change
OKAY I'M GONNA GO TO CLASS NOW, BYEE
Last edited by Ciblio on Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

previously:
GuyFieri

267 Reviews

Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:11 pm
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz

When I took Colette back to the hotel room, she was in such awe. I wanted to treat her like a princess, because she was my princess. And she loved it. We made love that night, and I still couldn't believe it was as amazing as it was.

I left her with a gift, er, a few gifts. Which she didn't appreciate. But I loved seeing them on her, as if it marked that she was mine and no one could have her.

Hickeys' were my best friend.

I had dropped her off at her home, leaving her with a quick kiss. It was my day to relax and stay in.

Once I reached my house, I went up to my room and sighed. My heart was still racing as I thought back to last night. Her lingerie was delicious. I sat down on my bed with my laptop in my lap, opening up my e-mails. One looked interesting.

Kathy Olsen

My ex wrote me an e-mail? I opened it up, feeling my stomach lurch.

Hey sexy xD It's me. I didn't know how to reach you... well, i didn't know a way that would make sense. So this was my last resort. It's about Philip.
He got this girl pregnant... and I don't know how I feel about it. We've been together for a while and, I don't know. I can't see him having a child with some random girl. I don't want to be involved with someone that has a child... what do you think I should do?
PS You looked hot

Kat

I swallowed hard and re-read that e-mail over ten times. What do I reply to that? It was wrong that she even e-mailed me. I was the last person she should be venting to. But I sighed and hit reply.

Kathy, hey.
I'll be honest with you. It was a shock to me too since she happens to be my ex. He sure likes my past flames xD
But he's a good guy. He means no harm. I think if you like him a lot then you should stay with him. A child won't bother because she will be taking full custody anyway.

That was it. I hit send and turned off my laptop. My heart was still racing so I picked up my phone and texted Merrick. I wonder how things went with Hawthorne.
Spoiler! :
@Gravity @AlmondEyes I didn't know what to write but here you go

267 Reviews

Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:21 pm
Nike says...

Paul Jenkins

Right as prom died down, we left. I had Isabelle's hand in mine and we headed off back to my place. When we got in, I had forgotten that I set it up for her. I had candles everywhere and a bouquet of roses in the kitchen. There was a letter next to them, for Izzy.

"Paul?" she rose an eyebrow at me and pointed at the roses that stood on the island.

I nodded in reply as she walked over, opening the letter. A smile grew on her face as her cheeks went pink. I took a few steps towards her as she stifled a laugh.

"You may just be the love of my life, but I don't know. I don't want to scare you off. Paul, what the hell?" she laughed.

"Ugh, I don't know." I smiled back.

Our eyes locked and I couldn't breathe right. She placed the letter back on the island and looked back at me, sorrow shaping her face. I swallowed hard, feeling the tension thicken.

"I spoke to Dafnie today." She said.

My heart skipped a beat.

"She needs you,"

I looked away from her for a moment, unsure of how to take that. Looking back, I swallowed hard. She still had that glassy look to her magnificent eyes. I didn't know why.

"Why did you say that?" I asked.

"There's something I have to tell you."

The tension just kept getting thicker as my heart raced. I could felt my sweat growing all over my skin. What was going on?

"Paul, just listen carefully." she paused, unable to meet my eyes. "I'm moving... to New York."

"No," I said automatically. "Why?" I rethought my answer.

She took in a deep breath. "I have to,"

"Izzy," I could feel my heart cracking. "Why,"

Spoiler! :

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:36 pm
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

Isabelle

"This is best, Paul. That's why." I finally replied after standing in silence. He came closer to me and I inched back, just a little.

"I thought we were back together?" He asked, his voice a little raspy.

Here he was, surprising me with a little romance and then I just laid it all out on him at once. I loved him, I really did. It was time to let him go though. Be his own person. Just everything.

"Paul, Dafnie needs you, and you need her. Let's face the reality already." I said. I was tired of feeling like the second woman in his heart. I didn't want that. I wanted to be THE only one in his heart and life.

"When you find out how you really feel... Give me a call." I told him, I finally got all the guilt off my chest and honestly I was happy with what I did. Paul was the love of my life and heart but I wasnt the same. That's what I wanted. Someone who loved only me.

I signed once I got out of his apartment door. I felt relief getting that out in the open but I just couldn't help but feel depressed. Was I really doing the right thing? Did I just push Paul right into Dafnies arms? Does he truly love me?

Those were all the questions stuck in my head.

-------

My phone beeped as I was walking back to Jessies. I had left my car there instead of driving. My phone vibrated and it was from a number I didn't know.

"Hi I'm Adrian. Jessies water broke and we are at the hospital. She wanted me to let you know."

I began to panic and run at the same time. I needed to get to my car as fast as I could. I looked to Jessies driveway, her dad's car was home.

Running in,

"Mr. Gates!" I yelled.

He came running through the kitchen.

"Sorry I was cleaning up some water from the floor.

"Na-no I think that was Jessies water breaking."

"What?!" He exclaimed.

"Let's go. You drive and we can go to the hospital." I yelled.

We both were freaking out now, it was weird to see her dad act like this but it was kind of cool. We got in the vehicle and sped off to the hospital.

"Is she okay?" I said in a text to Adrian.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

271 Reviews

Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:05 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

Adrian

Her water broke. Her. Water. Broke. I immediately began to panic but then paused to calm myself, knowing it wouldn't do anything to help Jessie. She was doubled over in pain, well, as much as she could be with her belly in the way. Her teeth gritted and her eyes squeezed shut as she gripped my arm. And then the contraction passed.

"So I read somewhere that my contractions should start off about 30 minutes apart, but once they get to 10 minutes apart, that's when it's really serious..."

"Okay. Where's your Dad? He needs to take you to the hospital."

"He's in downtown Seattle," she said, "It could take him a while to get here. I need you to take me."

The smell of amniotic fluid was choking me, and the stress wasn't helping either. "I can't drive on the right side of the road."

"Yes you can," she said, "If this baby comes before the ambulance or my father gets here and it's not turned the right way... it could die. Ade, I need you." Her eyes looked tired and desperate, even after only the first contraction. I realized she was right.

"I trust you," she breathed.

I kissed her softly, "Where are your car keys?"

It had taken 20 mins to get to the hospital and by then she'd had another contraction. So they put her in a room and a hospital gown, her clothes ruined by the amniotic fluid.

"Three people are allowed in the room," the nurse said, patting me on the back. I was standing at her head, her knees and a thin sheet hiding what was going on underneath. Jessie's hand was in mine and I thought several different times that she was going to break it.

"Jessie, who do you want in here?" She was tired, but well enough to speak between contractions.

"My Dad," she said, "And Isabelle. I need Isabelle. She's the Godmother."

I grabbed Jessie's phone from the stand next to her hospital bed and stepped out of the room, calling her Dad and Isabelle and a few others who would want to be in the waiting room.

I ran back in the room about 25 minutes later, just as she was about to have another contraction. I grabbed her hand as she cried out, her back rising from the bed as she pushed. I felt awful for her.

Jessie laid against the hospital bed, tired after the contraction as I pulled her sweaty hair back into a ponytail. I had lots of practice from helping Cole get ready in the mornings.

It was then that Isabelle rushed into the room, averting her eyes for Jessie's sake.

"Adrian!" she said, "Thank you for calling me." She took Jessie's other hand and started stroking her hair as Jessie smiled weakly.

"Izzy," Jessie said, squeezing Isabelle's hand.

"I'm here now," Isabelle replied, "And you're gonna kick this labor in the ass. Got it?" Jessie nodded, even laughing a little bit.

"How long has she been in labor?" Isabelle asked, addressing me. I checked the time.

"About 3 hours. It took a while for us to get here from her house and then I had to fight with the hospital about getting her a room. They said her contractions weren't close enough together."

"How did you get her in here?" Isabelle asked.

"Money talks." I said simply and her eyes widened. She knew as well as I did that something like that wouldn't be cheap. My Dad owned several hotel restaurant chains, I had handled financial records for all of those from age 14 as well as cooking as a sous chef. I'd made a considerable amount of money over the years. All of which I'd earned.

"Thank you," said Isabelle. "Thank you so much."

Jessie went into another contraction, her face contorted in pain. Isabelle and I both looked at each other feeling somewhat helpless, wishing we could end the agony.

"Is there anything we can do to stop the pain?" Isabelle asked the nurse.

"No," she said, "We could put some pain medication in her system but because of how young she is and her alcohol history, it's too risky. Drugs can potentially harm how well her body naturally contracts."

We remained silent, the contractions growing closer together minute by minute. They were 22 minutes apart before Jessie's Dad showed up with Philip, Dafnie, Hawthorne and Collin in tow.

"Only 3 allowed," The nurse practically yelled. Jessie's father ran in, standing next to me.

"Thank you, Adrian," he said.

"I'm going to tell the others what's going on," I told him, offering him Jessie's hand. It took everything I had to walk out of the room but Jessie needed her father and Philip needed to know what was going on.

I was bombarded by questions after I stepped out of the room.

"Jessie is fine, she's been in labor for 3 and a half hours, her contractions are a little over 20 minutes apart. The Nurse says the baby looks great. It's a little early so it will be a bit small, but other than that everything is okay." Dafnie drew me in a hug but the rest of them didn't know me that well. Frankly, Dafnie didn't really know me either but she wasn't shy and she knew all I'd done for Colette.

Philip spoke up then. "I want to see her." He stepped forward.

"No." I put my hand on his chest. I was buff from working out and a few inches taller than him. "Jessie needs her loved ones, her friends. Not the asshole who got her pregnant and ditched her. I have been here for her for almost the entire pregnancy and that is not my biological child. Isabelle has been here. All these people here? They've been here. If you want to see her, you can wait until she asks for you."

"But I'm the father," he argued.

"You are no father. Jessie said you had no intention of helping with this baby and quite frankly? You took advantage of her while she was drunk. If she really wanted to, she could file rape charges since she was not coherent enough to give consent. You will do what she needs you to do, not what you want to do because you feel guilty." I felt horrible, lashing out at him like that. But my patience was done. A really amazing girl was in the next room in an insane amount of pain because of Philip. The others were surprised. I'd never acted tough or violent before, but I would protect Jessie with everything I had.

I turned on my heel and walked back in the room, shutting the door behind me. Jessie's face lit up as I walked back in until her face contorted in pain. My heart broke just looking at her and I felt so helpless, unsure of what to do.

"I'm here," I said, standing my Isabelle and patting Jessie's arm, "I'm here."

Spoiler! :

67 Reviews

Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:03 pm
Ciblio says...

Collin

Spoiler! :
@Sunshine, I hope this works.

Lips. Lips. Lips. I'd never kissed a girl before. Or, okay, that's a lie. I give Monica a kiss on the cheek every time I leave. And Harley usually gives me a peck on the forehead when we see each other. But I'd never kissed a girl. Like...I don't know. I've just never kissed a girl.

I can feel my whole face heat up, and before I can do anything, move, smile, anything, she pulls away, her hand still on my face.

Taking a breath, I smile, and search her eyes for something-- anything. What I find? Hope. Maybe some concern. They were really bright, from reflecting off of the lights that lit up at the ice cream parlor we sat at.

"I-I'm sorr-" She starts, but I cut her off.

"What? Don't be," I grin, and instinctively push a strand of hair out of her face. I always did that for Harley. I don't know. And Silvia, my younger sister. "It...was just kind of unexpected."

Adah's cheeks were pink, and from this angle, you could see small red dots peeking out of the top of her printed dress. They reminded me of beauty marks-- although, I knew it was acne. But I didn't really care-- they made her more...her. More real. N-not that I was intentionally looking at her chest. It...ugh.

I lock orbs with the small girl that was still leaning over the table, and raise my eyebrows. "What time do you have to be home?"

"Oh," Adah's cheeks turn a rosier color, and she lowers her eyes, "Before midnight?"

"You don't sound so sure about that," I laugh, and press my forehead against hers.

Being around her, with her, it was like a high-- I felt more comfortable with myself, when she was around.

"My minds a mess right now, so I can't really think straight," She admits sheepishly, and flicks her dark, almond-shaped eyes up. Up close, I could see light freckles lining her nose and cheeks.

Her lips curved up in a smile, and I was beginning to ache for her touch. The deprivation of her kiss made everything feel dull, and that was probably extremely cheesy, but...I don't know. This felt right.

Outside of our bubble, cars zoomed by, distant sirens wailed, leaves danced along the streets, and people chattered away with each other as they wandered aimlessly along the sidewalk-- though none of this seemed as real as the girl in front of me.

I close the space between our lips, and take in the sensational feeling that was flooding through my body. I felt like I was capable of anything, which was odd, because usually I felt as if the only thing I was good at was sewing old costumes and picking out outfits.

Her fingers thread through my hair-- or, the hair that stuck out from under my fedora-- and I didn't ever want to move or stop, but my pocket was vibrating, and I normally never got a call unless it was about something important. My shoulders slump, and I pull away-- already disappointed with myself.

Adah stares at me, her eyes wide, "What? Did...did I do something wrong?"

I pull my phone out of my pocket, and show her-- someone was calling me. Relief spread across her features, and she plopped back down in her seat, her cheeks pink, and her hair messily strewn down her back and shoulders.

"Hello?" I say, after sliding my finger across the screen to answer.

"Hi, this is Adrian," the person on the other line greets. "So, Jessie's water broke, and we're at the hospital. She said she wanted you here."

His voice sounded a bit frantic, although you could tell he was attempting to mask it. Adrian. Adrian? Who the hell is Adrian? Wait, wait, wait--

"Her water broke?" I, for some reason, just realized what he'd said. "Oh, god. Okay. Okay. Um...um, okay. I- okay. I'm on my way, right now. Thank you."

And I hang up.

And my pulse quickens.

And I meet Adah's eyes.

And-

"What's going on?" Adah asks, her eyes filled with concern.

I jump up, slap a twenty on the table, and grab her hand, "We have to go. Jess- Jessie's going in labor."

"Who's Jessie?"

"The one who's going into labor!"

My leg bounced in anticipation. I still couldn't grasp the fact that she was going into labor. It was crazy.

We'd been here for about an hour and a half, and I knew I needed to take Adah home, but I didn't want to miss anything. Plus, she was passed out, her head resting on my lap with a blinding white pillow separating us. I glanced down at Adah, and pushed the hair out of her face.

I still felt bad about ending our date. We'd left so suddenly, and I didn't explain very well because I was speeding through the streets, trying to get here in time. The guy who'd called, Adrian, had only come out her about twice. He was a tall guy, with dark hair, and almost perfect features. You could tell that he wasn't from here, but I didn't question it. He seemed to care for Jessie, well, almost as much as the rest of us did. That was kind of a joke.

After Adrian had got into the heated conversation/argument with that idiot, Philip, he'd gone back into the room and hadn't returned, except for about 15 minutes ago, when he was forced to leave so they could check something on Jessie-- which involved her, um, removing the sheet that covered everything that was going on. As soon as he was given the green light, though, he hurried back in there.

I hadn't even seen her yet, and I felt awful. I actually hadn't talked to her in a couple of weeks. Dammit. I mentally, and almost physically, kicked myself for that. But she knew I was here. So hopefully that did something.

Everything was quiet, and calm, except for Philip sitting in the farthest corner, his knees bouncing and his eyes wide, as he mumbled to himself quietly.

This was going to be a long night.

previously:
GuyFieri

267 Reviews

Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:37 pm
Nike says...

Dafnie Serena Leto

I groggily got up, hearing a ringing noise go off right next to my ear. I thought that was just in my dream. Opening my eyes, I looked at the Caller ID. It was Isabelle. Picking it up, I pressed the phone against my ear.

"Hey Iz, what's going on?" it was like me to be sleeping in to the afternoon.

"It's Jessie," she paused. "She's in labor."

Sitting up, I felt my sleepiness die away. My heart raced as I jumped out of bed, still gripping the phone.

"I'm on my way, send me the address to which hospital you guys are at." and I hung up.

I slipped on my sweats and freshened up quickly in the bathroom. At one point as I was washing my face, I paused, catching my own reflection. Mascara was smeared down my cheeks, as was the eyeliner. My lips were still very pink. Prom was only last night, and I went to it, and it was okay.

Shaking my head, I turned the water off and rubbed the makeup remover pads on my face.

I was in the waiting room when Philip walked in, his face as pale as snow. I could tell he was hungover from last night by the way he was rubbing his temples. He plopped down next to me, leaving me uncomfortable with his presence.

"Hey," he said softly.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

His eyes met mine and there it was, that little shred of care he had. It was lining his pupils and drowning his face. My heart stopped for him, unable to contain the surprise he has given me.

Even the worst people tend to care.

"Oh shit Phil," I gulped, holding back my tears. "You're a dad."

"Yeah, I fucking know... and with a girl I didn't even want to be with." he shook his head, looking away from me.

I felt a tension settle around him, as if no one was supposed to speak to him. But still, I rubbed his back as he had his head in his hands. I don't know if he was crying or not, but he was shaking.

Phil and I used to be good friends back about two years ago. Before I met Rupert and fucked up, I met Philip. I had a thing for him and eventually, he had a thing for me. But we were just friends for the longest time. Nothing ever happened between us even when he tried. We remained loyal to each other, trusting each other, and able to go to one another when we needed it. But then Rupert happened, and well, it never went back to being the same.

"What are you going to do?" I asked after a few minutes.

"There's nothing I can do." he said into his hands, so his voice was muffled. "I can't be a father."

Leaning back in my seat, I folded my arms across my chest. He sat up, looking back at me. His eyes were rimmed in red, looks like he was crying.

"You can be a father, anyone can. It's if you really want to and are willing to try." I said.

"No Dafnie, I can't. This is Jessie. We fucked up one night and there you go. We all thought it was Rupert's baby, oh why couldn't it have been Rupert's baby?" He went back to his position of head in hands.

My heart skipped a beat at the mention of Rupert having a baby. I'm so happy he didn't get Jessie pregnant.

Just before I could say anything else, I saw Adrian walk into the waiting room. He still managed t smile when he saw Philip and I. I could see the sweat at the top of his forehead, ready to fall.

"How's Jessie?" I asked, standing up.

"She's good, preparing to deliver." his French accent still surprised me.

It was like Philip didn't even exist to him.

"Can I go see her before she does?" I asked.

"Well, she's going to start very soon, so it would only be for a second."

Spoiler! :

267 Reviews

Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:59 pm
Nike says...

Philip Masterson

I couldn't say Adrian didn't have a point when he did. I did say that I wanted nothing to do with the child. If only Dafnie was here to see the argument, but she was in the room with Jessie. Adrian was good for Jessie, he actually cared for her. He wanted the best for her. I guess that's what European boyfriends are made of.

But I felt stupid sitting here, being judged. I've never been judged so harshly in my life then right now by Jessie's friends.

There was Hawthorne next to Collin, they were talking to each other. Dafnie finally came back and smiled down at the both of them, they smiled back, but she still approached me, sitting down next to me.

"Why'd you move all the way back here?" she asked.

"Feel less judged," I admitted.

The waiting room resembled any doctor waiting room, except it was much larger and the seats were more comfortable. The TV also played a movie channel that every once in a while switched to the news so we could see the weather. I took a deep breath of the sterile air, unable to calm my racing heart.

"Phil," she said and I looked back at her. She was still this beautiful girl I would want to be with, but the feelings faded a while ago, so did hers. "I heard what Adrian said to you."

I looked at the ground my stomach started to feel uneasy.

"He's angry, that's normal. He didn't think you had a right to be here, and honestly, you don't. Don't say anything, let me explain." she knew me well, I was about to bitch. "Yes, you're the father, but you did say you wanted nothing to do with this."

I didn't say anything because I knew she was taking a pause for me to process what she is saying. The linoleum floors were a stingy white that I couldn't stop staring at.

"But you're human, Phil. And all humans have hearts, and you knew you were supposed to be here. You know deep down that this is your mistake too and that you need to be here to fix it. And the only way to fix it is to be there for Jessie and the child."

Fuck, this is why Dafnie was one of the greatest friends I've ever had. She was always right.

My eyes met hers and I smiled. It was one of those genuine smiles you aren't sure where they came from. She looked away for a moment, watching Hawthorne sit on her phone. Something changed in Dafnie when she saw that. Her jaw tightened as she faced me again.

"Stay here, be here. Maybe Jessie will start to understand your perspective. Sure that kid won't have parents that are together forever, but it'll have parents." she smiled.

Spoiler! :

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.
— Eric Hoffer