z

Young Writers Society

The Power

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:54 pm
dante8 says...

Time is like a lake, not a river. It's a racetrack, not a road. And there are people who can see across, or behind, or ahead, and see the events and the ripples of events. However, if they ere to change such an event, the whole fabric would rip.
Therefore, they prefer not to look.
But one day, someone was born with the power not to see, but to change. By himself, he would blunder through creation, affecting it in the same way that heat affects plastic or glass.
Via wire taps and other devices, the Government of the United States of Europe, created as a guard against the swelling power of the United Soviet States and the United States of America, has discovered this person's existence and wishes to use their formidable power to prevent losses that the "Seers" had prophesied. On the other hand, such losses would of course be devastating for the other two superstates.
A small group of die hard religious fanatics have put aside their differences and proclaimed their own, personal war on this demon-child who equals the power of the gods.
He?
He wanted his mummy.
Well, he's only just been born.

This child grew up, as children are wont to do, and before long he was seven. As of yet, the changes he was making were hardly noticeable, mere pebbles rattling down the mountain of creation. The family pet, a rotund rabbit who, in a blast of creativity, was named "Dog", lived for about 25 years, until she died shortly after a new rabbit was bought. This was put down to coincidence.
Last edited by dante8 on Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:12 pm
Karma says...

you go from "Time is like a..." and get really eloquent, to "That really bugs you..."
Will this be a casual story?
How many characters will/can there be?
Could you just give me more informaion, please, like, what's the setting?
My Karma Ran Over My Dogma
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:32 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

its a story book, its made up along the way by a large community of writers. it's not an rp
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:28 am
Karma says...

I know, but still, are there any basic main starting-point guidelines?

*Also, it bothers me slightly when people switch from eloquent to colloquial*
My Karma Ran Over My Dogma
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:26 pm
MadHatter says...

What exactly is the storyline. If you can't change the past, where is the excitement
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?
— Obi-Wan Kenobi