z

Young Writers Society

~The Everyday Survivors~ (Started but still accepting)

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:22 am
SisterItaly says...

Lina

I let out a long shuddery sigh. We were all soaked to the bone and it seemed they weren't going to give up their disagreement any time soon. What had I gotten myself into? I couldn't help but glance at Emma. The poor girl looked like she was going to crumble into millions of little pieces soon.

"Enough, all of you. Now. If you promise to behave and not kill my roommate's cat you can come to my place to escape the rain." I offered.

My roomie was out of town for the next month. So what she didn't know couldn't hurt her.

*Bahh, ridiculously short post. Now you must feel ripped off.*
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:10 am
Dreamwalker says...

Puzzler, you posted. I love you. Nuff said.

Brady:

Lina was human. Her apartment would be safe, if anything, and I had always liked cats... "I'm up for it."

Emma looked at my, eyes wide before she nodded her own affirmation. She wouldn't leave me. There was nothing in this world I could say that would change her mind, and I knew that. For some reason, this thought process saddened me greatly. I felt, half the time, that she got herself into messes because of me. Now, it appeared, that she would be doing it again.

"Does this mean myself as well?" Titus asked with an air of politeness. He smiled sweetly.

"Do you need a formal invitation?" Lina asked, chuckling a little awkwardly.

"I'll take that as an affirmative," he said.

"Then why the hell should I go," Ean crossed his arms over his chest. "I want nothing to do with Imp lovers."

"Just come with us Ean," it was Leah who spoke now. "It really couldn't do you much harm. And anyways, maybe you'll find a... compromise. I'm sure we could all find that."

He still seemed unconvinced, but didn't object.

"So are we all in agreement, then?"

"Yeah... but Brady," it was Emma who spoke again, her voice soft but worriful. "I think it might be best if you knew this. There is another Seer here, and shes coming closer as we speak."

"Is that all?"

"That... and shes being pursued."
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:52 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Leah

My feet pounded on the street. I think that they hadn't realized i was gone... Yet. I'm sure they would soon, but people didn't really notice me anyways.

I stopped near the park where we all met, huffing.

A figure stood by the bench. I peered at it curiously. It seemed to be a girl. Curiosity took over, and I walked over to her.

She was crying softly. Why, I wasn't sure.

"What's wrong?" I asked the stranger. Then i remembered I was nvisible to humans- she couldn't hear me.

"N...nothing. I'm just grieving." She said.

My heart twisted painfully. "I'm sorry."

"No...no, it's alright..." she tried to say. But I could tell it wasn't.

"I'm Leah." I said to her. "Can I take you to coffee or something to warm you up?"

"Oh... Sure. I'm Morgana." she said, sniffing.

"WAIT!" I exclaimed. "YOU CAN SEE ME!?"

"Yea!" she replied, a bit scared.

"You're a seer?"
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:27 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Morgana
I nodded terrified. I swallowed my fear and stood up pulling myself to my full height of 5 foot 6 inches. "I am a seer." I said confiriming their suspicions with four simple words. "Why are you grieving?" said the Darking that had yelled at me. "I lost my sister when she was only 6 I still miss her though I was only 8 when she passed on." I replied quietly. Then I met her eyes. "So umm what about the coffee? We can talk more." I suggested softly.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

49 Reviews

Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:44 am
MilkNCookies says...

Leah

Dang, she was tall.

"Oh, yeah. We can go to the Starbucks a little while away." I said.

"What about the cafe a block or so away?" She asked, wiping away tears.

"Um... me and the management have butted heads several times." I said.

'Well, Starbucks is fine by me." She whimpered. I felt bad, but what could you do about that? Its not like a darkling can raise the dead. Neither could an imp- only God could do that. Or Satan, maybe. I don't know.

"Okay, good."

As we began to walk down the street, the rain started to drizzle again.

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:47 am
Jas says...

I'm still not sure how to put myself in this.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

49 Reviews

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:10 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Jas, you can meet(Leah) and Lady(morgana) at the coffee shop, if y you'd like.

~Dr.Seuss.

489 Reviews

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:18 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Intially I had Moragan being pursued by Lacey but because it wasn't moving, MilkNCookies jumped in, which is completely alright ;D. But don't worry! I'll bring you in!
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

489 Reviews

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:31 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Brady

"I still see the Imp, Brady," Emma shuddered, grasping onto my arm with feverish fingertips. "Shes there. Shes coming."

"Calm down," I murmured soothingly. "Its okay. We'll get through this."

I caught site of the imp only a short while after she did, stride forward with bright eyes and a happy smile pastered across her face. I didn't know what to expect, but, in all honesty, I didn't expect anything good.

"Well, well, well," Titus said, crossing his arms over his chest. A smirk was visible across his own cheeks now, making his countenance look a little suspicious to say the least. When he spoke, it sent shivers down my spine. "Looks like I'm not alone after all."

As the girl approached, she pressed her hand against her hip, turning her eyes towards me then Lina with an almost 'too' amused look. "Well aren't we a sight for sore eyes."

"What is it you want?" Emma asked, grasping my hand. Her voice was shaky, palms damp.

The girl seemed affronted by this statement. "Oh, nothing, nothing."

Emma's brows furrowed.

"That is to say," she murmured, flicking her eyes up towards me once more, "I'm a little surprised, is all. So many Second- worlders congregated. I hadn't expected such a thing to exist in this world."

"I could change that very easily," Ean muttered, polishing his blade with the edge of his sleeve. If anything, it looked horribly intimidating. "And you've come so very close. My 6 months of hunting would appear to be at an end."

The girl only smiled sweetly, her head cocked to the side in amusement. "Oh, you've been hunting me? How fun!"

(does that work for you, jas?)

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:07 pm
Kamas says...

Emma

This all made my head hurt. With a huff I sat down on the pavement and place my head between my hands. The pavement was cold and I could feel the water soak through my jeans, but when things started to make sense I may decide to care, I was clearly going to catch a cold anyways. I looked up to this new imp, she had short black hair and a lovely pair of green eyes.

"Excuse me, I just needed to sit." I said softly.

"You okay Emma?" Brady said leaning down, a concerned expression on his face.

"Yea, just light headed."

-

A/N: I had to post >.> Sorry for the shortness
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

489 Reviews

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:10 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Brady

"Lina, I think we need to take you up on that offer," I said quickly, pressing my hand against Emma's shoulder comfortingly. "She's sick."

Lina nodded her head, eyes filled with worry. "Yeah, I understand. Its this way."

She pointed quickly in the direction she willed us to take.

"You guys go on ahead," Ean murmured, smirking widely. "I have some business to take care of."

"No," Titus cut in. "No, you have nothing to take care of here. She's not going to hurt anyone."

"And I should trust you?"

"Damnit, all of you!" I hissed. "Can well please just forget about feuding for one minute, please? Emma's sick and I am not going to stand around here in the cold, waiting for it to become pnemonia. Now lets move it!"

I tried to pull Emma up on her feet but she was resisting. She didn't appear to want to move at all.

"I got this," Titus said, pushing me out of the way in one easily, fluid-like emotion. "You're too weak for this one, kid."

I merely nodded, watching with a pang of horror aching through my chest. He didn't appear to want to hurt her. He looked genuinely worried. I wrapped my arms around my chest, trying desperately not to tear up.

"Where's Leah?" Lina asked suddenly, cutting into the silence that was ensuing. I didn't know, and at this moment, I didn't rightly care.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:16 am
Incognito says...

Everyone head to the Discussion Thread. I want to discuss something because to be frank, this storybook needs to have a place where it is going.

Titus

She was uncommonly light and frail in his arms. He was alarmed. He had always thought of Darklings as self-centered annoying pests but seeing one this weak seemed to change that original thought. She seem to struggle in his arms, a pathetic effort, but Titus held on and cooed gently at her.

"Calm down, I won't hurt you."

"I'm not a dog, and I can walk on my own. I don't need you," Emma said quietly.

"You are running a fever. This damned rain isn't doing anything for you either. Let us just go to Lina's place, as Brady suggested, and don't struggle. I have you," Titus spoke, his last words were more spoken as a command then a reassurance.

"But where is Leah? Shouldn't we wait for her?" Lina looked down the street befuddled. Titus felt himself get a bit angered. Who cared about another Darkling who obviously didn't want to be there.

"One of us will wait here then and see if she comes back. I nominate Ean," Titus said with a little bit of a grin. Titus looked over at the newcomer. It was pleasant to have another imp with him, but she was a bit to young for his tastes. "You could stay here with Mr. Grumpy, or you could come with us. I'm interested in getting to know you. I have never met you before."

---------------------

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:58 am
Camulaeus says...

Ean

I had kept quiet for a long time. Apparently everybody was going to Lina's apartment, though it beat me why anyone would show an Imp where they live. I would protest but I was mature enough to recognize when the fighting had gone on too long. The squabbling stage was over. Now I could only keep a wary eye on the Imps, and try to protect Lina and Brady. Emma didn't look that great either, though I'm sure she would be fine soon enough.

"You guys go ahead. I'll catch up through Oblivion in a while. I just need to.... calm down"

Titus nodded. "Good idea. Lina, will you lead the way?"

I noticed that most of the group were giving me strange looks. The switch in character had probably surprised them, and I couldn't blame them. Sometimes even I can admit I can lose control.

After Emma's out burst Brady followed her at a wary distance, ready to step in and steady her. The Imp I had been tracking fell into step behind Titus, and Lina led the procession in a north-ward direction.

I watched them round the corner, then strolled leisurely in the opposite direction towards a Starbucks. What I really needed right now was a Cafe Mocha. To my despair it started drizzling again; just another reason to get inside quickly.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:28 am
SisterItaly says...

Lina

I sighed and shook my head. That one was odd, and it was going to bug me until I was one hundred percent sure this was real. If they were things from childhood stories then they had to have some sort of power or something different about them. They looked like regular humans to me.

I guess I would have to trust them. Trust them to be telling the truth, not kill my roommate's cat and not kill one another. Oh and not kill me. That was important to me, because I rather liked living. I guided them up the front steps to the small duplex. I hoped my next door neighbors wouldn't think I was up to some sort of riff-raff.

As soon as I opened the door I picked up Mittens. Stupid cat was constantly trying to get out.

"Make yourselves at home." I mumbled, kicking off my shoes and grabbing the mail off the floor from where it fell through the mail slot. Bills. Bills. And more bills. I sighed and flopped down on the couch.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

489 Reviews

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:32 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Brady:

Initially, I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to be here anymore.

Titus knocked his shoes off easily before striding in to the nearest couch whereas he placed the very cold, very wet Emma. Her cheeks were flushed and her breathing shallow.

I wonder if Leah would find us... it seemed probable. She didn't look like the type to get lost for too long.

I thought about going after her. It was the normal thing to do. Just, that I was cold and tired. I couldn't remember having ever been more cold and tired in my life. As I turned my eyes towards the nearly unconscious Emma, I felt sick to my stomach at the choices I had made today. Many times did she ask to leave. Many times did I ignore her.

And wasn't it my fault in the first place that she was so frail... so sick? I was being selfish. I needed to get her home.

But now that we were here, so far from the apartment that mean't warmth and solitude, I started to realize just how unpromising that idea was. How the hell could I ever get her home like this? I was just as weak if not more then Emma physically on our best days. There was no way I could carry her home.

"Brady," Lina cut into my thoughts, waving her free hand in front of my eyes. "You okay?"

I shook my head, not really knowing what to say. I felt nauseous.

"I'll get her some dry clothes," She cut in, smiling politely. "And a couple blankets. Don't worry yourself too much, kay?"

"I can't help but worry," I murmured pathetically.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
— Steve Martin