z

Young Writers Society

Robin Hood Gang 4: The Hunted (Ended)

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:48 am
Kaywiia says...

Tia

"Well, don't you expect me to bow down to you just yet, Miss Tia. I am still Riley's number two." Reg said. Not for much longer. I thought to myself. It wouldn't take long, I knew what I was doing. In England, I had been so close. One sentence had gotten me kicked out on pain of death. That wouldn't happen here, I knew what I was doing.

I didn't like this Reg guy. I knew right off he would see right through me, and tear apart any plan I had. But, then again, Remus had been just like that. I had taken care of him. But this wouldn't be so easy, getting rid of Reg would be more difficult than I could imagine. Not even worth trying. I just needed to keep away from him, let him stay in the dark. That, for now, would be my plan.

Riley

I still couldn't fathom that Reg was alive. It was unreal, but it also complicated things a lot. I knew, after he "died", that I had feelings for him. Now that he was back, I was going to have to watch every move I made near him. After what happened to Bree, he could never know.

I left the room where Ace and Maitea were, not even hearing her response, too wrapped up in my own thoughts. As I stepped outside, I heard James say,"Well", Riley really hasn't been fit to lead, and I'm not sure now will be better, no matter how much I hate to say it. For the time being I think you might have to take over."

I listened, curious as to Reg's response. Carefully hidden behind a wall, I knew there was no way they knew I was there. This was crazy, James was crazy. For him to even suggest that... In the south any good leader would have taken a gun to his head, no questions asked. But I had more sense than that.

But I couldn't help but be a little hurt.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

Reviews: 4
Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:59 am
View Likes
MayApple says...

Maitea

Seeing Reg had been a shock for me, of course, but what was waiting for me when I got home was an even bigger shock. I sat on the couch, and walked as Ace came over to me.

"Maitea...will you marry me?" Ace asked, getting down on one knee.

I only took a seconds thought, not needing anything more. I slipped the ring on my finger.

"Of course, Ace." I threw my arms around him, and then realized I was tearing up a little. Oh, well. Who cared anyway?

Still keeping one arm around him, I looked at the ring on my finger, and my eyes widened. That was a big rock. I almost wanted to ask how much it was, then realized I probably didn't want to know. It fit perfectly, and was probably custom made. I almost sighed as I thought about what lengths he had gone for me. This really was all I could ever want.

One other thought crossed my mind, but I pushed it away. The chances Ace was going to die, soon (too soon), were very high. Maybe this was karma getting back at me for killing Bree. I ignored that, and brought my lips to his. I had never been more happy in my life. If he only had a few months, we'd make it the best few months of our lives.

Most of the others left the room, and I was glad. I pulled back from the kiss, and looked into his eyes. I smiled, because I really had nothing to say.
Last edited by MayApple on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a door, and I hold the key to happiness.

Reviews: 2
Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:14 am
RedSun says...

Alis

As soon as Riley walked in with Reg, and used a happy-sweet voice, I realized what had happened. She was back to herself, and everything I had worked so hard for was collapsing. She was back to the Riley that made me sick, and there was nothing I could do about it.

Ace proposing to Maitea was the icing on the lets-kill-Alis's-good-mood cake. I stormed out of the house, ignoring both the cold, and everyone I passed. Except Reg, I shot him my nastiest glare, and brushed past him. I went straight for the woods, and fired a few shots into a tree to blow off some steam. After I had calmed down to a normal level, I went to a different part of the motel. I found Eve in a room with a bunch of books, watching the news.

I sat down, and watched as well. Eventually, something came up. I listened as the blonde newscaster said in a high soprano voice, "Fisher's member and leader Riley Evans has killed Captain Marci of the Texas Police Force. Captain Marci gave a speech at a resort in southern Texas, and then at some point later in the night was assassinated by Riley. So, Ted, do you think the Fishers have a new aim?"

The scene switched to show a balding man, in the resort, holding a microphone, "I don't know Stacy. But the police are all over this. Sources tell me they have SWAT on the Fishers, hoping to capture them by August. the information lines are always jammed, and they have a few leads. Hopefully, we'll all be safe soon. Now, over to Diane with the weather."

I looked at Eve. This wasn't the worst dirt the Fisher's had gotten. It still wasn't good Riley had gotten our names on this, though. She was a poor leader, I had no doubt of that. But now, with Reg back, I was alone in opposing her.

Except... I got up and left the room, hoping to find Tia.

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:54 am
BenFranks says...

Reg Carter

James' words made sense to a certain degree, anyone in their right mind could lose their mind having a gang like this. However, when James had suggested I took over, I raised a hand and brushed the offer away, peering once again through the window. I then muttered to him, "As much as Riley may 'ave lost her way, she is far from not being fit to lead. Besides, James, if you want someone to replace Riles, don't ask me."

He turned to me in confusion, his eyebrow raised. "Why not?" he asked out of curiousity.

"'Cause I wouldn't have the slightest clue on 'ow to," I grinned and staggered away from the window. Momentarily I thought someone was there, but then I pushed away the thought and walked into the lounge, where the Admiral was watching Ace and Maitea have a celebratory kiss.

"Ah, I take it she said 'Yes' then," I stated, sitting down on the sofa and tipping my head back to rest.

"And is that so surprising?" Maitea snapped in defence.

"No," I replied, "No, it is not."

123 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 123
Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:02 am
Vanadis says...

Ace

I watched her take the ring and place it on her finger, and I wanted to pull her into my arms and never let go, but she beat me to it. "Of course, Ace," she said, looking at the ring before pulling me into the best kiss I'd ever shared with anyone. She was going to be my wife. Through some weird stroke of luck, she was going to be my wife. I'd have to keep hanging on for that, and for whatever might come afterward.

The look she gave me after that kiss made everything worth it. She smiled, blinking back joyful tears, still holding me. I brushed one of the tears away and smiled back. The truth was, whenever I was with Maitea, I didn't feel as sick, as tired, or as hopeless. Whoever had decided that the people close to you helped you through your hard times...well, that person was right.

"Ah, I take it she said 'Yes,' then," Reg noticed as he settled himself on the couch.

Yes. Thanks, Reg. Ruin our life-changing moment.

"And is that so surprising?" My fiancée snapped. Fiancée. Wow.

I heard Reg murmur a negative answer, and I grinned. But she had a point. For some reason, I'd taken it as a surprise. I really had to have more faith in myself, especially if I wanted everything to go smoothly and wonderfully from that day on.

"I love you," I laughed softly, tightening my grip on Maitea. "So much."

Gracie Finn

I assumed that Reg's question had been directed at me; he'd been looking at me when he asked about what Maitea had said. I sat a cushion away from him on the couch, nodding. "He's growing up. Sometimes, I wish he was still toting around a stuffed animal, not having a good handle on either language we taught him...singing along with cartoons..." I laughed. "I wish his hair was still black."

Then I looked at him, taller than me, matured into a kind and caring, though brooding young man. I liked him grown up too, I supposed. "But then I see him like that, and I think 'Damn, Gracie. You did a good job.'"

Reg gave me a strange look. "He's helpful, I guess."

"I never thanked you for helping me out back there, Carter. Well. Thank you. This is...probably one of the most--" I was starting to sniffle, even. Bad Gracie. "I don't know what I'd have done if I couldn't see this."

"So what are you going to do, Ma?" Ace asked me. "Go back to work?"

I snorted. "I have no idea. Could I even? I'm not sure." I paused. Well, if I told them what had happened in that cell, and if my house had come up clear of evidence, I guessed I'd be all right. I'd be pardoned, probably. But I'd have to play it off like I still thought my son was dead.

And then, who would I tell them saved me? They had the whole thing on camera. I could have claimed to not know Reg...and that was true...but I had sort of recognized him. So for that...I probably would be screwed.

"I'm not sure what I'm going to do," I repeated. "But don't worry about me, Ace. Worry about you."
We've got deep-fried water bears and horse wigs!

If you're slapped in Guam, you're slapped in real life. --chibibo

Need someone to review your novel? Why don't you try checking here? Buddy up!

Last time I checked, love had no gender.

42 Reviews

Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:49 pm
Kaywiia says...

Riley

'Cause I wouldn't have the slightest clue on 'ow to," Reg told James. I heard footsteps, and darted away from where I had been hiding. Once I was sure Reg was safely inside, I went to where James was standing. The look on my face must have told him how much I heard of that last conversation.

"Riley," he started. I held my hand up; making sure I was calm and silencing him in the same motion. I didn't want to do anything rash.

"I'm disappointed, James." I started slowly, "I thought, if anyone, you would be the last to to turn against me. I guess I was wrong about you again, wasn't I?"

"You haven't..." he tried to speak again. I cut him off, not wanting to hear any excuses.

"Is it jealousy, James? Or maybe you want my position as much as Tia does." I shook my head, "I just can't believe you'd do this." With that, I walked away. I didn't want or need to hear his answer. Protests were futile.

I had been kind, much kinder than I should have been. I didn't have Jack's heart of stone though, or Jerro's. Both would have shot James on the spot. But, I knew I couldn't do that. Not anymore...

Reviews: 4
Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:26 pm
MayApple says...

Maitea

"I love you," Ace laughed, "So much."

"Love you too," I said. I leaned back on the couch, and looked again at the ring. Ace put an arm around me, and I put my head on his shoulder. I still couldn't take my eyes off it. I was getting married. Of all the things.

I knew what my sister would say. Lilly had always been a very opinionated person. She was younger than me, but we had almost always gotten along. Almost always. Until hr opinions got in the way. I laughed a little at that.

"What?" Ace asked.

"Thinking what my sister is going to say," I said.

Ace had met Lilly a few years ago. We were in Spain with Bree's gang at the time. I saw how much my life had taken a 180 since then. Fiancée, the word felt odd in my mind. I grinned, and decided I could delay telling Lilly until later. Ace didn't have to know her opinions, though. Actually, at first she had called him an alien from the planet Japan (she had a thing against people who died their hair). I didn't want to know what she thought of this.

Then again, I sort of did.
Life is a door, and I hold the key to happiness.

42 Reviews

Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:27 am
ridersofdamar says...

James~~

Well that messed things up...

Did she really think that I wanted to take over? Did she really think that I wanted Reg to be the permanent leader? She was probably going through shock, and how would she not be? The guy she probably loved had just come back from the dead, rescued by the guy he hates the most. Did I want her to step down? By no means what so ever, she just needed time to collect her feelings.

I sat outside for another ten minutes then wandered inside trying to find Riley. Eventually I found her and pulled her to the side.

"James!"

"Riley, shut up." I paused, trying to collect my thoughts, "Riley, you know how I feel about you, and I know how you feel about Reg, but if you think that changes anything about the way I am going to do my job, maybe someone else should take over. The man you loved just came back from the dead, and all that anger, and hate and sadness that you felt before doesn't have anywhere to go now. So what am I supposed to think?"

"You're supposed to think that I can do my job."

I smiled, "But you can't- not fully. Riley, The last time I had that much emotion flowing through me, I actually murdered someone; I don't want you to make the same mistake I made."
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Reviews: 1
Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:37 am
Fox says...

Eve

Alis left the room and I turned the TV off. This was just great! Then again, they've been after us for a while, and they haven't found us yet. Riley escaped from that crowded meeting or whatever it was she was doing there. We would still have to keep playing it safe, though.

The only problem was Riley. I had never doubted her so much since I joined the gang. Reg was back, and I knew she loved him. That would make things hard. She couldn't lead a group with so much emotion in her. Even she wasn't that great. Nobody was.

I tried not to think about that. I wanted to trust Riley, and believe that she could do her job. Then again, I wasn't one to talk. She had the rough job. I didn't really have a purpose in this gang anymore. We had lost out meaning. We couldn't steal from the rich and give to the poor anymore, now that we were being hunted. Leading was tough, so maybe someone with so much emotion flowing through them shouldn't lead it.

I sighed and got up. This was going to be really boring. There was nothing to do, no one to talk to. I didn't want to get into all that drama, though, so there was a good side to this. I just wandered the house, looking for something to do.

((Sorry it's so short. Don't have a lot of time!))
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

42 Reviews

Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:27 pm
Kaywiia says...

Riley

I didn't like how he knew what I felt about Reg. I intended fully to keep that to myself. And if he knew, how many of the others knew? I didn't want to know. But I coudn't let that get in my way.

"But you can't- not fully. Riley, The last time I had that much emotion flowing through me, I actually murdered someone; I don't want you to make the same mistake I made." James smiled a little. I had no clue why he was smiling. If he thought this was funny, it wasn't.

"Look, we come from different pasts, James. I know how to control myself, really, I do." I insisted firmly.

"Says the girl that just risked all of our lives to go and get revenge," James wasn't smiling anymore.

"It was a well thought out plan. And it worked, too, in case you didn't notice. I am fully fit to lead a gang, and you are going to have to deal with the fact I am more in control than you were when you went and killed someone." I crossed my arms over my chest. "And Reg wouldn't let me do something I would regret, neither would you. Right now, we have enough things getting messed up as it is, they can't take another big change."

"I agree, but Riley," I held up a hand.

"James, trust me, please,"

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:49 pm
Howler says...

Howard

It felt sort of like the first day I was here; hecticity surrounded me, while I was an island of silence. Things were hell once again, but the fire wasn't going any more wild than usual. I was grinning like an idiot without a reason to, looking up at the ceiling as I layed on my bed, without a care.

Did I feel like jumping into anything? No. I wasn't the only one, as it appeared. I heard some footsteps outside the open door of the room, and saw Eve walking by. Her eyes and face just looked empty, but not in some sort of depressed way. She was just idle in her own mind, and didn't even want to try getting out. I felt it right to try and help her out.

"You okay?" I called as she almost got out of sight. She didn't expect me, I guess, and seemed a little surprised. I don't know if she had been talking to much anybody, so anybody talking to her must've just been some little surprise. "You're looking either dead or sick", I added.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

Reviews: 1
Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:15 pm
Fox says...

Eve

"You're looking either dead or sick." Howard said. I felt like I should smile, but I didn't.

"I'm just..." I sighed. "bored." He gasped teasingly. "I know. I didn't think it was possible in this gang, but it's not like I'm an important person. There's nothing to do here, and no one to talk to."

"Well, you can talk to me." he said, putting a smile on his face that I couldn't stop from laughing a little at.

"Somehow you didn't come across as someone to talk to when I met you." I said, walking in the room.

"I know, but things tend to change when you're desperate for something to do." He sat up and nodded his head towards a chair, saying, "sit." I looked at the chair, then gave in and sat down in it. It was really uncomfortable, but at least it was something to sit in. "So, what's up?" he asked me.

"Nothing. Literally." I said, rolling my eyes a little. Alis walked passed the door, then came back and peeked her head in.

"Have you guys seen Tia?" she asked.

"Nope." Howard said.

"Why are you looking for Tia?" I asked, a small laugh in my voice. "I thought you hated her."

"I do." Alis said. I was officially confused.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Reviews: 2
Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:05 pm
RedSun says...

Alis

"Why are you looking for Tia?" Eve asked, "I thought you hated her."

"I do." I responded sharply, and gave her a look. " I just...never mind." Eve was on Riley's side. It was me and Tia against all of them. It really wasn't very fair, for them. Two excellent fighters, brilliant planners, against them.

I ran into Tia in a long, dark corridor.I grinned when I saw her, " I see you've met Reg." I let out a sinister laugh.

"I have," she was careful, testing my loyalties. Smart girl.

"I hate him as much as you," she relaxed as I said this, "but he's on Riley's side. So we can't do anything." silent communications passed between us. We were both against Riley, both willing to fight her. "Get close to Riley, she's your cousin."

"And you can't, because?" Tia asked me.

"I have a reputation to uphold," I said with a smirk. "You still have room to change. I'm set in my ways. Do what you can."

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:45 pm
BenFranks says...

Reg Carter

I found Riley quickly. She was in the same spot me and James had been not long before and just as she was about to walk upstairs I grabbed her shoulder. Firstly she turned in surprise before quickly relaxing when she noticed who it was.

"Reg," she said, enlightened. "You scared the life out of me."

"Sorry," I replied, "I think we should move on tomorrow. You and I both know staying in the same place longer than due is trouble, n' we both know we could do without the trouble."

"I agree," Riley smiled. "We'll all get some sleep and move on out tomorrow, I don't know where, but I'll find a place."

"I know you will Riles," I said back to her, grinning as I walked away.

I found Tia and Alis in a hallway at the back of the house. Their conversation went silent as soon as they noticed me and I couldn't catch any of the subject they'd just been having. I didn't particularly care, but curiousity seemed to be a natural human trait one can't avoid. They both stared at me.

"Calm down, ladies," I reassured them. "I'm just gon'a visit the shed for some tools. We're movin' out tomorrow, so get some rest; Riley's orders."

"Rest?" Alis protested. "Argh, and why do we even have to move on? This is good cover!"

"You move on 'cause Riley said so, Alis," I growled. "That don't really take no genius to realise. And you best start realisin' it."

She shot me a look, her eyes scowling me. Tia remained silent as I left them to open the shed and take a few hammers, cro-bars and other day-to-day tools that maybe useful to break into a temporary hideout in future.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:31 pm
Howler says...

Howard

"I just...never mind", said Alis as she wandered away. More dramatic storms were bound from her and Tia, I guess. When Alis left the one second long conversation, Eve and I were quiet for a few moments for us to shake Alis out of our heads and get back to what we were doing before.

"So you're just bored?", I asked.

"Aren't you?"

"Boring might suck, but boring's still safe; and sleep's pretty nice"

"That doesn't mean I have to like it"

Eve was being a little more casual right now, but something told me she was more than dead serious about being bored. We really were stuck between insanity and a hard place, a purgatory of one. I had a sense to know that this was fine and how it should be, but Eve...I don't know if Eve could manage quietly for long.

"Well, I'm sorry to say, but if you think things'll get better, you'd best take a seat", I said. Based on her exhale, saying what I said didn't really cheer her up.

"You do think things'll get better, don't you?", I asked. Whatever her answer, she'd talk it out...that'd probably be good for her. Although half of what I'm trying to do, relax her, isn't my sort of thing to do. Last I checked, I'm a criminal for charity, not a psychiatrist. On the other hand, as long as she didn't leave at some point more dead than when she came in, I suppose I could be both for a while.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

We are not to simply bandage the wounds of victims beneath the wheels of injustice, we are to drive a spoke into the wheel itself.
— Dietrich Bonhoeffer