z

Young Writers Society

A Wolf's Howl

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:24 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

It was finally Saturday, a full week later. Jay was well, completely. His broken wrist had finally mended, letting him out of the splint and into trouble again. Every night since, he wrestled with and chased the others across the yard. That left Julia with Lizzie, letting the two girls bond like sisters.

This particular afternoon, Jay and his best friends came running back into the living room, soaking wet and laughing their heads off. Julia and Lizzie yelped and jumped to their feet when water was slung everywhere.

"What the heck? Did you lot go swimming or something?" Lizzie laughed.

"Sure looks like it!" Julia giggled.

Jay merely chuckled, shaking his head as he headed for the bathroom, grabbing some towels. Lord knows they needed them.

"Naw, more like they threw me in. You could say I drug a few in with me," Jay laughed, throwing the first towel - rolled into a giant ball - at Dale's face.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:07 am
C.J. Mustang says...

Everyone laughed as Dale tucked and caught the unexpecting Sean by surprise, hitting him in the face and knocking him off his feet. Once everyone got a towel, they all dried off; it didn't quite help, though, because their clothes were still soaked.

*Crap, I can't think of anything else! I'll post more later when my brain isn't on the fritz, k? Ouch, headache!.....Thinking too hard..... :x *
Sorry, I don't have any leeches on my speed dial.
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:02 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

*** :lol: kk :lol: I just saw Twilight again. LOVE that movie! :D ***

Jay waved at the others, laughing as he turned away and headed for the stairs. He would head to his room and change, drying off the rest of the way. He would probably stay in his room the rest of the night, probably playing Need For Speed until two or three in the morning... Yeah, that sounded good.

He entered his room, pushing the door closed - well, enough to shield him - and pulled off his dripping shirt. He shivered as he felt spare droplets making streaks down his back. Thank God he had clean shirts in the chest of drawers at the foot of his bed.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

38 Reviews

Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:17 pm
C.J. Mustang says...

"Hey Jay, what do you wanna do tonight?" Julia asked, entering his room. She stopped in her tracks when she saw him turn, holding his soaked shirt in his hands and his drenched shorts hanging dangerously low around his hips. Julia shifted her weight betwen both feet as she quickly turned around. "I, uh....I only asked because um...because.....um....Nevermind!" Jay laughed as she bolted downstairs.

"What's wrong, Jules?" Lizzie asked, using Julia's nickname as she sat next to her, her face beet red. A mischevious glint played in Lizzie's eyes. "Did you see anything?" she murmured, keeping her voice low.

The other wolves got excited, hooting and hollering at Julia, some calling up to Jay to tease him. Lizzie laughed, and so did Julia.
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:26 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

*** :lol: Nice one. :lol: ***

Jay grinned, chuckling softly as he heard the cat calls and hoots below him. He was sure Julia was blood red and truly embarassed...or was she? Was her blush one of surprise at catching him half naked, or was it one of excitement at seeing him so? He doubted he would ever truly know that answer.

He quickly pulled a burgundy polo out of his chest of drawers and slipped it on, already half way out of the door and heading down the hall again.

He was pelted with more shouts and teasing calls once he got into the living room, where Julia sat, laughing her head off and hiding her blood red face. He only grinned at the whole situation.

38 Reviews

Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:36 pm
C.J. Mustang says...

Julia laughed, hiding her face beneath a pillow. Her stomach was all fluttery, and amazingly, she felt like she could fly. Being here, with all these people, made her feel amazing. She suddenly had the urge to do something that she would never have dared to do before.

She hesitated; leaping off the couch she ran over into Jay, wrapping her arms around his neck and caught him in a surprising kiss.
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:58 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Jay didn't know what to do with her; the flirtacious attack was so sudden, he about fell over. He leaned back against the wall, her in his arms. More hoots, hollers, whistles, and laughs echoed about the room. This time, his face hinted red.

But he chose to play her little game with her. He wrapped his arms around her body, picking her up off her feet as he pushed away from the wall, spinning her around in circles.

They were having so much fun, Jay broke the kiss so he could laugh with the rest of the pack.

38 Reviews

Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:44 am
C.J. Mustang says...

Julia laughed, too. Jay spun her around so much that she had to lean against him to keep from falling over, resting her head on his warm chest as it vibrated with his laughs. She nuzzled against him as he held her tighter, feeling his muscles move against her body. She took a deep breath, telling herself to quit thinking what she was thinking. Once everything calmed down, she looked up, resting her chin softly against his chest.

"So, I never got an answer to my question," she murmured.

"Yeah, and what's that?" Jay looked down, his eyes sparkling. Julia was surprised; she had never seen that expression on his face before.

"What do you feel like doing tonight?"
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:44 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

***Lol, love the post. But I can't post right now. WAY too excited and too busy, (sorta). My little 8-year-old cousin Caiden and I have a shared Christmas gift: we got a horse named Kimmie! We keep it at his Dad's house, which is only ten minutes from mine, and I get to (help) ride her and take care of her! SWEET!!!

Best part: she's an old barrel racer!***

38 Reviews

Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:33 pm
C.J. Mustang says...

**oh my gosh, that's so freaking awesome! I'm so jealous! I went to a family friend's house (her name is Sherri) and she has lots of horses. She even has a baby! ^_^ It was so cute! she also has an evil llama, so before I went walking around her property, my mom told me to watch out for the it and to stay away from it. I found it in a stall while I was looking for the other horses, and I was all like, "hey, llama, I heard you were really mean so I'm gonna stay away from you." he just came up to the stall door and put his chin on it, looking like the evil llama that he is, with his bottom front teeth sticking out lol. there were about seven horses in a little mini arena and about seven other horses in a paddock. I think there were other horses somewhere else, too, but her property's so BIG! ^_^*
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:13 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

***That sounds like Brooke, one of my older cousin's wife. She is in charge of a horse rescue here, and she'll get horses from anywhere and everywhere, build their strength and trust of humans back up, then find them good homes. She must have ten rescue horses (two of them being Egyptian Bloodline Arabians!) - not including the fifteen of her own! About ten ponies, one miniature for her two-year-old daughter to show, and four for her and her husband...wow. And they're renting two different places at the moment, spreading them out over both places!

But Kimmie ("my" horse) has a great personality. Caiden (my 8-year-old cousin) fell off her earlier, because Aunt Angie made Kimmie run. As soon as Caiden started to go, Kimmie stopped dead in her tracks and pivoted away from him to keep from stepping on him! Another big bonus: we put a 6-year-old autistic boy up on her back, and she was absolutely still and calm; when I got on her back, she was like "Hey, time to haul ass!" Hell, she'll spin on a dime and break into a run with the right touch! But only with the right rider. Like Brooke. :lol: She's adjustable! :lol:

But, um...about this story, what exactly are you planning on? I don't know what your hopes for Jay and Julia are, and until then, I don't know what to post.***

38 Reviews

Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:27 am
C.J. Mustang says...

*ummm.....ummm......It can go anywhere. I'm kinda enjoying the ride. ^_^ we....just have to make sure to put the rating if it's going anywhere, if you know what I mean. :wink:

What Brooke's doing sounds like what I'm wanting to do! What does she do for a living? how'd she get so much money for that? And 2 Egyptian Bloodline Arabians?! my goodness, they must be beautiful!

Kimmie sounds like such an awesome horse! I want one like her. Heck, I just want one! :lol: *
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:58 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

*** :lol: Well, it's still pretty early in the relationship. Maybe just a makeout? :lol: But that still earns a PG13 rating, according to Nate...

She shows horses in Western Pleasure categories and Pony Categories (which is also where her daughter, Vanessa, is). She also breeds, sells, and trains horses for specific fees. And then her husband works for a local construction company, also run by another horse tycoon. :lol:

:cry: When she first got the Arabians, they only weighed 400 pounds; a standard horse should weigh 1100 - 1400. So, yeah, that was awful. :cry: :D But now they are fatten up, got sleek manes and tails, and are the beauties of the pasture! I'm going to go work over there sometime this week; I'll send you pictures! :D :D

Kimmie is awesome! Yay! :D ***

He growled deep in his throat, bending and putting his lips next to her ear. His voice was so soft, he barely heard it himself. "Come to my room later, after everything calms down and they forget about all this."

He smiled as he suddenly bounded away from her, jumping over the back of the couch and tackling James around the neck and ripping him from the seat as they fell to the floor. The wrestling match began, James versus Jay, and spilled out into the front yard.

38 Reviews

Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:38 am
C.J. Mustang says...

* :lol: yeah, making out. I can't wait to get your pictures! ^_^*

Julia laughed as she watched James and Jay wrestling, not noticing that the phone rang.

"Julia!" Lizzie called from the kitchen. She poked her head in the doorway, with a worried look on her face. "There's a yelling woman on the phone, and she's looking for you. Says you're grounded for the rest of your life?"

~*><*~

It took hours for Julia to get her mother calmed down over the phone, and it was sometime past dinner to convince her to let her stay at Jay's house. She sat one the couch next to Jay and sighed.

"Is everything okay?" he asked, concerned.

"Yeah. Talking to my mom is so exhausting! You figure that's she'd be excited for me, taking an interest in a boy."
~Jacob Black

164 Reviews

Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:23 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

*** :lol: Silly mothers...they just don't understand, do they? :lol: I know my future mother-in-law doesn't. :lol: ***

Jay chuckled, putting an arm behind her on the couch, his fingers lightly brushing her shoulder.

"Parents will be parents," he teased. "Especially when you're gone for a week."

He glanced around the room, at the rest of the pack. If they weren't dozing on the floor, they were watching the television. Everyone was preoccupied, meaning Jay and Julia could be alone without worries.

He turned his gaze on her, nodding to the stairs. He smiled when she blushed a little; it was so cute!

Is anyone else desperately waiting to see themselves in the quote gen?
— TheCursedCat