z

Young Writers Society

Anything Goes

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:42 am
RoryLegend says...

bria-

I watched the fight from a nearby tree. I had no idea what this thing was and therefor did not know how to fight it. I squeezed my eyes shut as unwanted memrories of my parents pushed their way into my mind. I didn't want to but I couldn't help likening the current situation to their death. I watched Nic and Bella fight of the hideous creature and images filled my mind. My dad had gone down first protecting my mother. I just watched, an ignorant toddler, from my room as the djinni killed the only family I had. Suddenly I felt angry, really angry. I stepped out from behind the tree, shaking. Nic looked over at me only he wasn't Nic anymore, he was my father. And Bella was my mother. I wouldnt let them die again.
"No!" I screamed. Then a bright White light shot out of my hands and hit the creature that was now the djinni, the enemy, and it exploded. Everyone was very quiet. The last thing I saw before I passed out was nic turning back into the black haired scholar.
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:50 am
Bella says...

Bella~

I ran, catching Bria right before her head hit the ground.

"She really needs to learn to control her magic," Nic said scoldingly as I laid her gently on the grass.

"Nic, be nice! She just saved our lives!"

"Not really...we would've had it covered, it just owuld've taken a bit longer." I rolled my eyes, standing up. "Are you okay?" Nic asked when I stumbled a bit.

"Slightly dizzy, that's all," I replied before falling forward suddenly.
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:01 am
View Likes
Maybe says...

Nic-

I sighed and stepped forward to catch Bella before she fell, laying her on the ground next to Bria. Then i stood up and frowned.

Of course, they both had to go ahead and faint on me now. I was no healer or expert on mortals or spirits. Hell, i hadn't even known spirits could faint. Well...i supposed i could, too, only it would take a lot more than dizziness. Maybe Bella was the same way, and needed serious help...?

Nah, I decided. She's not a Djinni so i can't be sure, but i doubt there's anything seriously wrong with her. After all, what could've happened?

I changed into a cat and curled up at their heads, watching the others with interest, waiting to see what they would do now.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

142 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:04 am
Bella says...

Bella~

It didn't take long for me to come to (Bria was still unconcious). I felt fine, until I sat up. Then the clearing began spinning around me.

"Are you okay?" Nic asked, changing back into teh form of a scholar.

"I...don't...think so..." I replied, gasping for breath.

"What's wrong?"

"The clearing...spinning around me....can't breath..."

116 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:10 am
Maybe says...

Nic-

I sighed. "Want me to do mouth-to-mouth ressesitation?" i asked sarcastically.

"Not...funny..." She gasped, glaring at me.

"Well, what do you want me to do!?" I asked.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

142 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:13 am
Bella says...

Bella~

"If I knew that...I wouldn't...have...this...problem!" I snapped, realizing that was far too much to attempt to say at this point.

"I'm not a healer!"

"I don't...think...I'm....ill," I replied slowly.

116 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:21 am
Maybe says...

Nic-

I looked around the clearing. "Anyone here a healer?" i called out.

No one answered. I turned back to Bella.

"Well, i don't know what to do for you. I don't know squat about healing, so i can't be much help there. I could turn into something and fly you to the nearest healer, but who knows how far that'll be. But...i could..."

She looked at me curiously, yet desperately.

I bit my lip. "I could, er, lend you some of my magic. Just for a short time, though, mind you. But who knows what it'll do to you, it IS Djinni magic, after all..."

142 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:27 am
Bella says...

Bella~

"Only...if you're...okay with it..." I replied slowly, still gasping. "I don't....see why...you'd...want to."

116 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:29 am
Maybe says...

Nic-

I shrugged and laid my hand on her forehead, letting a tiny trickle of magic seep into her system. I saw her cheeks slowly regain some color.

"Only for a short period of time, though. Until we can find you a healer." i reminded her.

142 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:33 am
Bella says...

Bella~

As Nic's magic seeped into me, I began taking deep, full breaths. Once I was back to normal, and had stopped, i looked up at him.

"Why?" I asked softly.

"Why what?"

"Why would you be concerned with me? I'm just another human, really..."

116 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:39 am
Maybe says...

Nic-

"Spirit," i corrected. "You are another spirit, just like me."

"Still, why did you help?"

I shrugged. "Well, obviously i wasn't going to let you die, especially with all these people around." i said, rolling my eyes and smiling. "And plus, i wouldn't have wanted your love's sacrifice having gone to waste."

142 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:44 am
Bella says...

Bella~

I frowned, trying to make a slight bit more since of that last sentence.

"It went to waste either way, I used to think," I replied softly.

"How so?"

"I dind't want to live. I felt so...alone...without him there. Then...a good hundred years ago...." I grinned.

"Waht? Did you find someone else?" I nodded, knowing he would remain confused. "Who?"

Grinning up at him, I answered. "You."

116 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:49 am
Maybe says...

Nic-

I rocked back on my heels, still leaning down next to her. I laughed.

"What's so funny?" she asked, her tone hurt.

"You are!"

She frowned.

I stopped laughing after a moment and grinned. "Really, you would love a Djinni...especially a Djinni like me, when you can pick from all of the creatures both mortal and immortal? I find that amusing."

142 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:56 am
Bella says...

Bella~

"I don't find it amusing," I replied. "I find it quite sincere." he laughed again. I leaned up, so that I was level with him, and kissed him lightly. This caused him to freeze.

"The heart wants what the heart wants," I whispered lightly against his lips, before moving away from him. I wasn't sure how he'd react...

116 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:04 am
Maybe says...

Nic-

I froze as her lips touched mine lightly and she whispered words that shot through me like iron daggers.

She drew back slightly, watching me curiously, waiting to see how i would react. I remained still for a moment before laughing again.

"I'm sorry, but i still find that amusing as sincere as it may be."

It's like being in love, discovering your best friend.
— Elizabeth Wein, Code Name Verity