Young Writers Society

Bonded

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:45 am
kokobeans says...

(yey. sorry if i muddled up somewhere)

<kitsune>

At last the elf and boy return to the fire, and i watch as they further discuss whatever trouble they where about to run into. Monsters where no longer a threat to me as I watch the boy preparing their lunch.

Four squirrals. Four people. Extra food in sight: none.

My stomach growls again, louder this time. I take a deep breath and slowly let it out.

I'll never last until they settle down.

I should just go looking for berries and nuts...

But hot, cooked food, meat, fresh. Squirral, but regardless of that, actually cooked.

As he puts it on the fire the scent floods the air. I'll stay here. I'll stay quiet.

My stomach rumbles once again, and a soft, audible sigh escapes my lips.

One after another they look towards the trees. Slowly I climb down and edge back a little deeper into the cloud of shrubs.

Too late. Great move genious.

I crouch down low, my bow forming in my hand, the arrow held loosely against it.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:23 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Karana

I saw him. Could the drake? With our advanced senses, I was sure she could as well.

Hmph. Trees meant little to me. I knew he was there.

But this presence...it was strange. It was like a tiny animal the size of a small human. A cat like presence that meant us no harm.

"If you're hungry, don't be afraid to join us," I spoke, locking gazes with this small person.

Yes, there were only four squirrels and four of us already, but what's killing another squirrel? And there was one right there, in sight.

Automatically, in seconds, I flooded a pebble with magic and sent it flying, pegging the small creature in the head. It fell over dead, instantly. I wrapped more magic around it, levitated it, and brought it back to me.

"As you can see, we have enough for another."
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:34 am
sylverdawn says...

(K i'm changing my viewpoint i'll be in first person instead of third person now)

<Ras>

I stifled a laugh, these people were pretty interesting, it had been a long time since i'd met people who didn't mind what I was, or could even tell what I was.

"Is it just me, or is this field REALLY popular today? Well since people keep popping up, I vote for formal introductions, so we know who's who."

Once the meat was cooked, I took my squirrel and tore a leg off offering it to Fire, who was sitting on my lap, STILL napping.

"I guess I can start things off. I'm Verassren, but that's too much of a mouthful, just call me Ras, i'm a Drake, with REALLY strange upbringing." I scratched Fire's back, rubbing my fingers along his spine. "And this's Fire, my soul-bonded dragon."

I took a bite of squirrel, a bit raw, but that's probably just me, since I normally screw up and cook meat till its charcoaled, tastes pretty good cooked like this.
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

104 Reviews

Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:21 am
kokobeans says...

<kitsune>

My heart is slowly pounding. Her gaze is, warm.

I withdraw the bow and slowly edge out into the opening. I can see all four of them clearly now, as well as the roasting squirrel. For now, I think caution is little needed. Food, of course, is essential.

I take my seat on the ground close to the middle, bathed in the heat of the fire. The boy hands me the meat. It's not my style, eating the animals that I depend on for warning signs of danger, but I didn't kill them. I bite hard, guilt washed away by the deliciously bitter taste.

Chomping, munching, occasionally crunching, my surroundings can wait. I can't remember the last time I ate something this wonderful.

At last I bring myself to respond, Ras has just made her formal introduction.

"I'm-" I pause to swallow down the remaining food in my mouth. "I'm Kitsune. You can shorten that however you like. I travel. I get by". I wipe the smudges from my mouth and bring myself to sit up straight. "Sorry. I'm hungry too"

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:58 am
Phindin says...

[Hilo]

So apprently I would just have to get used to random folks showing up and joining our little party. Fine with me. At least we were swaping introductions now. What a thought.

The squirrel went down in about two seconds. I probably could have eaten the entire lot.

The drake and the cat… thing finished their introductions.

My turn. I raised a lazy hand.

"Hilo. Lowly human. I like drinking and knife fights. Karana, you gathered some edible flora while I was hunting, right? You wanna break that out?"
"Buy, buy, buy, buy; sell, sell, sell
How well you've learned to not discern;
Who's foe and who is friend,
We'll own them all in the end."

164 Reviews

Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:09 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Karana

I nodded, smiling at him. "Sure."

I was glad I'd already had it waiting. It was in the basket just behind me. I reached around, grasped the carrier, and set the thing down in the center of our circle, near the fire, so that everyone could get to it.

It was my turn to introduce myself.

"I'm Karana, an elf and a loner until recently. You pretty much know my story, and what my goal in life currently is."

I shrugged, popping a few berries in my mouth.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

104 Reviews

Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:31 am
kokobeans says...

*>.> ... <.<*

<Kitsune>

After eating my fill I look around.

Only now am I aware of how long this silence has lasted. Hilo seems to be scanning the area for something else that can be eaten, whilst Karana slowly pops berries into her mouth. Ras is chewing endlessly whilst her pet rests on her lap, almost unaware of the food being passed around.

Caley is... Caley is... Wait, where is she?

Maybe she's been eaten by Skar. I hope not.

Slowly I look at the remaining meat in my hand. Hmm... Nah!

I really do hope she hasn't been eaten.

164 Reviews

Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:57 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Karana

I noticed the little guy's unease. Nobody else was paying attention.

"What's wrong?" I asked, handing the basket of berries to Hilo.

**Keep this alive, people! This one's pretty good so far!**

104 Reviews

Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:29 am
kokobeans says...

(just a reminder, feel free to puppet my character a bit, it'll help to speed up those conversations that take days to get through)

<Kitsune>

I flinch slightly when Karana finally speaks.

'What's wrong?'

'The girl,' I struggle to explain. 'The other one. Where did she go?'

From what I saw earlier, this other girl had a talent of making herself invisible, moving around silently, but this is...

Odd.

66 Reviews

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:40 am
sylverdawn says...

<Ras>

I finished off my squirrel and looked around the clearing. It was true, Caley was no where to be seen. Normally I wouldn't worry, I just met her, and she's a wizardess, she can take care of herself.

The forest has been strange for awhile, maybe it wasn't just my imagination.

I poke Fire. "Hey you lazy pest, make yourself useful and scout the forest." Fire grumbles back at me and snaps up the rest of the squirrel before flying off into the trees.

"I take it i'm not the only one feeling edgy. Honestly I don't know what's in this forest but it's got an amazing urge to kill." I was half hoping it was just my imagination.

I look at the others. Nope definetly not my imagination.

novel.php?id=1157

16 Reviews

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:11 am
Phindin says...

[Hilo]

I took the berries, popping a few into my mouth.

"Well," I said, trying to be reasonable, "she must have had a reason for leaving. Typically people don't just get up and walk away. Might've been curteous of her to tell us where's she's going, though."

It was odd. Everything felt edgey.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:33 am
Light_Devil says...

this looks fun so i'm jumping in!
okay i may be a bit . . . well maybe a lot late, but please read and include moi!
--------------------------

Name: Jennelea

Sex: Male

Clan: NONE!

Bond status: NONE!

Appearance: Black hair, black eyes purple pupils, tanned skin. Wears brown and nothing else except green. Is currently garbed in a brown coat and green pants. Has the distinct smell of death around him. sometimes becomes possessed by Bloodthirst and looks completely black and grows sharp claws and fangs.

Background:Dosen't know what he is has been living by himself for as long as he knows. dosen't care what he is, attempts to bond with anyone and everyone who will so much as look at him without negatively commenting about him.

--------------------------------

<Jennelea>

Jennelea shrugged on his brown coat and walked forward, his callused and bruised barefeet throbbing with pain on each step.

Wincing, he stumbled upon a loose rock and fell. Knocking his head on the ground he became unconscious.

Standing up and grinning the boy ran through the forest apparently feeling no pain what so ever.

He was searching, forever looking for something to kill. Bloodthirst had overcome him, taken control of his uncontrolled body and now nothing but blood spilt would stop him.

He took on a more serious face and his eyes became blood red. Racing through the trees he eventually smelt something . . . people.

He smiled slowly in anticipation and fangs sprouted in his mouth. Claws grew from his hands and he became the colour black. Then suddenly he BECAME black.

Up ahead in a clearing were the people and he was hungry for blood.

Jumping from the bushes he leapt at the nearest person screaming, howling and yelling were all combined. As fear, hunger and anger were kept apart.

---------

this is where somehow you include me! *wink, wink, nudge, nudge, hint, hint!*
"Eat, Drink, Play"- National Pub Poker League
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
You wanna go to sleep? Click this --> http://qinni.deviantart.com/art/Timeles ... -102881379

16 Reviews

Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:43 am
View Likes
Phindin says...

[Hilo]

Something good about knife fights is that they train you to devlop quick reflexes.

They proved useful as some variety of monster lunged out from the bushes nearby. It fell upon Ras, who was closest, but I intercepted its path before it got too far. Knife already unsheathed, I tackled it to the ground. Pinning it at arm's length, I held the knife's blade at its thoat.

"Can I help you with something?" I said, licking berry juice from my lip.

66 Reviews

Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:25 am
sylverdawn says...

<Ras>

The human was fast, as fast as the best knife fighters I'd seen in city slums, maybe even faster. I shook my head studying the attacker who was being held in a choke hold.
The way he was acting, he hadn't even noticed the knife at his throat.

I smile at Hilo. "Thanks, but by the way he's acting we're not going to get answers anytime soon." I look at the boy... thing, and try probing his mind with flame majic. Suddenly there's a loud pop, and a tree explodes nearby.

I sigh and everyone's looking at me now.

"What? Did I forget to mention that when I use majic, ninety-nine times out of a hundred I blow things up."

They don't believe. Rolling my eyes I look at the others. "Look i'm seventeen, not even froxen in immortality yet. And I was raised by humans. So my grasp on majic is close to nil. And so is my control."

novel.php?id=1157

164 Reviews

Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:41 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Karana

"Then let me handle this, Ras," I spoke kneeling at the head of this monster. "I'll teach you as we make progress, okay?"

I didn't hear her response. I had already forced my way into the mind of this thing, this boy, this creature...whatever he was! I was easing my way past the black barrier around his thoughts, and letting everything open to my Sight. He struggled slightly beneath my hands, but I held him firmly.

Images flashed through my mind. Jennelea. A boy with black locks and purple eyes...demonic in appearance. He was walking, tired and sore, his feet paining him...he stumbled and hit his head...some strange thirst came over him, and he lost control...

Now I knew what we were dealing with. A boy possessed by some unknown force or creature...

"Hold him still," I whispered as I pushed some of my magic into the boy's mind, using it to fight back that sensation. If I could just supress the hunger and insanity, we could actually talk with this kid, this Jennelea...

I sighed when he finally gave in to me, his breathing slowed, and his skin began to fade back to a light brown, tannish hue.

I just write poetry to throw my mean callous heartless exterior into sharp relief. I’m going to throw you off the ship anyway.
— Vogon Captain (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)