z

Young Writers Society

Jurassic Park

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:55 am
MadHatter says...

"My legs fine...but don't think it's them that's doing this. It's just my guess. I don't even know if something is behind this. It could just be a run-down park. We should try to make it to Station 2 soon. If we don't make it in one more day we'll die of starvation." John suggested that they rest awhile, to make sure they made it there. They all sat a top a gigantic palm tree.

"You really think it's Alan Grant and Ian Malcolm?"

"I don't know, but they would do it. They know dinosaurs well, and they could survive better out here than most of us."
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:07 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Adri

I saw Shawn fall as John and the others sat down.

"Shawn!" I hissed, reaching out to catch her, but I was too late. She collapsed on the ground, too terrified to move and too tired to scream...

I held my breath, hand traveling to my gun as a young rex...no, a carnotaur stepped out of the shadows, moved to her, and bent towards her.
Don't move, girl, don't move! Don't scream!

Surprisingly, she did as I had hoped. The creature only picked her up, held her for a moment, and tossed her aside. She landed with a dull thud several feet away, covered in dinosaur drool and mud. The blasted monster turned its attention towards us, its eyes focused on me.

"Nobody move..." I whispered, freezing where I was. I could hear John catch his breath and Tanner shift in uncertainty behind me. God, please send that thing away!

141 Reviews

Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:10 am
MadHatter says...

(yeah, Via's out. Shawn is now a NCP)
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:38 am
BigBadBear says...

(...Shawn is dead? *gasp* I was going to make Tanner fall in love w/ her!) Grr!

"SHAWN!" Tanner yelled, and the dinosaur jerked its head towards Tanner and growled. Tanner quickly jumped out of the tree and ignored the pain and the roaring dinosaur. He knelt before Shawn and her lifeless body.

Tears streamed down his eyes, as he heard the worried father's cries, but nothing mattered anymore. Nothing. Not even the dinosaur. Not even the future if they would even get out alive.
nothing.

Shawn was dead, and in Tanner's arms, and the dinosaur started to attack, but nothing concerned Tanner anymore.

Nothing.
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

164 Reviews

Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:04 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

Adri

"Tanner, no!" But I was too late. The boy had already jumped, landed, and gone to her. He had gone to help a girl beyond our reach...a girl we could do no more for...

"Shawn!" John yelled behind me. The carnotaur roared even louder as their screams grew louder. "Shawn! Please, wake up!"

I held John back - barely - as the dinosaur rushed forward, jaws gaping and a bellowing sound escaping from it. I quickly drew a bullet and my knife, cutting into the head as deep as I could. As soon as the bullet made impact, it would explode.

"Tanner, get back!" I yelled at the boy as I loaded my weapon. "Cedar, get John out of here!"

I aimed at the broad head approaching us quickly, centering my sights in between the eyes.

Damn this whole island! Fell beast, this is for Shawn! I pulled the trigger.

713 Reviews

Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:22 pm
BigBadBear says...

Everything happened so blurry, and so fast. Blurry and fast, yes, that is the only way that Tanner saw things.

Fast and blurry. There was a gunshot, and a huge explosion, and Tanner, tear stricken, fell backward, into a puddle of water.

Yelling. Fast. Blurry.

"Shawn!" Who just yelled that? Was that Tanner?

His heart was gone. His love was gone. What life was worth living anymore?

John screamed, and cried out curses, and Tanner laid still, wishing that the dinosaur would end his life.

It never did.

Would love help on this.

164 Reviews

Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:20 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Adri

It was over before anything started. The dinosaur collapsed in a nearly-headless heap next to the trees, its thicks paws and tail just barely missing Tanner and Shawn. John leapt from the treelimb beside me and rushed to his daughter, only to find what I had already known.

"Shawn! Oh God!" I tried to ignore his cries and curses, but it was too much. We had lost the most precious of our company, a girl who still had decades of life ahead of her.

Tanner lay motionless several feet away, having been caught in the explosion of my bullet. I let John mourn his daughter as I went to check on the boy.

"Tanner?" I asked, kneeling beside him. Cedar stayed with John, trying to find things to say to comfort the distraut man.

"Tanner, are you okay?" I rolled him onto his back. His face was covered with tears and rivulets of blood.

"She's dead. God damn it, she's dead!" He cried, trying to hide from me.

"I know, it's sad. It's terrible!" I pat him on the shoulder. "We're all going to miss her."

"She's dead! That stupid dinosaur killed her! This island killed her!" He swayed slightly as he tried to stand, and I finally found the source of the blood. His head had been gashed in the blast.

"Be still, Tanner. Let me see this..." I made him sit down, where he continued to cry. I did my best to maintain my calm - but nonetheless upset - composure as the two men cried around me, the boy before me bleeding everywhere from the cut I had more or less given him. As I pulled out a gauze pad and began to clean his injury, I could feel my own tears welling in my eyes and leaving streaks on my cheeks.

"God bless Shawn. At least she's free of this hell on earth," I whispered.

713 Reviews

Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:40 am
BigBadBear says...

An hour later, nothing had changed. Nothing.

Yes, Tanner admitted, that he wasn't as horrified or shocked anymore, but still, a young girl of sixteen, killed. Nothing made sense. Why did he have to go to those stupid classes of Grant's? Why? What good had they done him now?

John didn't speak another word. Just before they had left, John and Tanner and Adri and Ceder had dug Shawn a grave. John found a piece of bark from a tree and wrote:

Shawn Granger
A loving daughter

It wasn't very good, but John didn't have the heart to continue to write. It was too hard.

______

(later)

"There!" Adri cried, and everyone looked to where she had pointed. Just through a little bit of foilage was a building.

Station two.

Would love help on this.

141 Reviews

Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:16 am
MadHatter says...

(We didn't have to kill her.)

John was amazed at what he saw. It was another version of the resort they had just been at, only covered in vines. "Be absolutely quiet. I think this is the raptor's mega nest. The group quietly walked into the plaza. Several old jeeps laid overturned, once moving objects, these cars were no longer vehicles but flower pots.

"So Ivan was telling the truth. This place does exist." Tanner laughed.

"SHUT UP!" John growled.

"But I was only-" He stopped short. He mouthed the words: Look behind you. John turned around. Towering above him was three Albertosaurus.

"Run..."

713 Reviews

Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:41 am
View Likes
BigBadBear says...

"Go!" Adri yelled, and the group took off, splitting into two groups. Adri followed Tanner into the building, while John and Ceder slowly made their way over to the overturned vehicals to hide behind.

"What are you waiting for, kid? Christmas?" Adri shouted at Tanner, as Tanner slowly stumbled into the building. He frowned and pointed to some stairs, just as one of the Albertosauruses crashed through the resort front entrance.

"Go!" Tanner cried, and Adri flew up the stairs, with Tanner at her tail. The dinosaur roared a roar that shook the raftors, and at last, the two humans made it up the stairs.

"In here," Adri said, and went through a door. She gasped, and Tanner ran into her.

There were raptors. Yet again.

Would love help on this.

141 Reviews

Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:51 am
MadHatter says...

"John, we can't keep doing this. We won't survive if we keep spliting up like this." Cedar quietly told him as one of the Albertosaurus walked by.

"I know, I know. But we can't all stay together though. It will hold us down. Tanner and Adri can hold their own."

"Are you saying we should-"

"Yes. We have to abandon them. We'll find them again. We won't survive if we wait for them."

"But if we live, they'll die."

"Then so be it. We have to stay alive."

713 Reviews

Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:56 am
BigBadBear says...

"Stand back." Adri told Tanner. Tanner tried to decide what fate was better: a hungry Albertosaurus or bloodthirsty raptors.

Not really much options, eh? Tanner threw himself back, to where the big dino was, and ran as fast as he could through another door. Adri followed, trying to distract the advancing Albertosaurus.

When Tanner opened the door, he found himself in a dining area. The kitchen was shiny and very metallic.

"Go! Now!" Adri shouted, and shut the door. The raptors ran into it, and bounced back off. "Find somewhere to hide!"

Tanner's blood quickened as he looked around the kitchen. Pots and pans hung all around, and he wondered when his nightmare would FINALLY end.

But he knew it wasn't anytime soon.

Would love help on this.

141 Reviews

Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:04 am
MadHatter says...

John and Cedar slunk behind the bushes and buildings trying to get to the main computer station. "I can't believe we're leaving them."

"Get over it. They'll live. If they don't, then I guess they can become victims like my daughter."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay...she died were she wanted to die. With the animals she loved so much." The computer station sat on a hill far away. The noticed several dead carcasses surrounding the building. "It's a nest of raptors."

"Oh my god, does everything have to be so damn infested with those bitches on this island?"

"Pretty much."

164 Reviews

Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:08 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Adri

While Tanner and I hurried through the kitchen, desperately trying to find a place to hide or escape, my eyes found the most reassuring thing possible.

Knives. Huge knives.

I picked several of them up, careful not the be cut by the blades, and examined them. They seemed to be sharp, but even so, if hit hard enough, they would penetrate the hardest armor those demons had.

"Sweet!" I hissed, slipping several into my belt and holding two in each hand. "Tanner! You good with knives?"

He looked up from a place that seemed to be a good hiding place.

"Especially throwing, quick cutting, and stabbing?"

713 Reviews

Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:52 am
BigBadBear says...

Tanner smiled and said, "Hand some over. Hurry! They are coming!"

Adri handed three knives over. Tanner pocketed one and held the other two. They were sharp. He looked out the door window to see the raptors struggling to get it, but the door was locked. They could never get in.

The Albertasaurus was gone, probably went outside again. Adri and Tanner were safe. For now.

"Let's go and meet up with John and Ceder. They are probably waiting for us outside or something," Tanner said, and looked for another way out. The only other way out was a window, and the kitchen was just a little over twenty feet above the ground.

Tanner and Adri hurried over to the window and opened it.

Another Spinosaurus stood outside, looking up into the window, with a Tyrannosaurus Rex standing behind that.

"Not again," Tanner whispered.

Would love help on this.

I'll actually turning 100 soon
— Ari11