Young Writers Society

War of Zynar

194 Reviews

Reviews: 194
Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:44 pm
greenjay says...

Mathias

I smiled at Tas.

"We will do our best not to harm the civilians," I said looking at Alana to make sure she heard, "and though most of the guards have been given their chance, I will give them one more."

My smile faded as I turned to the native.

"What about you? You must swear an oath of loyalty to us. As soon as the mission is over, we will return here and I will release you from it. What do you say?"
the greenjay strikes again...

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:49 pm
Layleun says...

Quin and Tobias swiftly ran across the top of the King's wing of the palace, carrying a large sling. Their day there, so far, had proved successful. They had found a handful of ways into the palace, on top of the palace, and back streets around the entire city. Tucker had been the one coming back with information about the trees and how they could be used as getaway routes.

Quin stopped, grasping onto a pole and swirling around on it until she changed direction. She let go and leaped onto a second roof. Tobias quickly followed her, not dropping the sling, as they ran to the glass window above the ball room. Quin stopped a few feet away and lowered the sling down. Tobias dropped it and kept running until her reached the other side of the large windows. Quin surveyed the sky glass, it was totally square but cut off into smaller squares that could be popped out if necessary. Quin gave a shrill bird call and they both took out a metal tool. They both worked every other window out of its frame and onto the sling. When they were finished they tied ropes to the frames in case they were needed. After they were finished they each took up half of the sling and jogged to the end of the roof. Steps led down to the deserted streets below. They made their way down and out of the gate to their horses.

Quin and Tobias loaded up the glass into a borrowed wagon and hitched the horses to it. Tobias unloaded his maps into the back of the wagon. He closed the trunk he put them in and looked for Jack. He spotted him sitting on his perch on the side of the wagon. He whistled and held out his arm. The falcon flew to it and landed a bit clumsily. Tobias took out a piece of parchment and scribbled down a note,

He rolled up the parchment and stuck it under the band around the birds neck. Her threw him off and watched Jack fly over the trees. Tobias strode up to Whitelight and mounted her. Quin, who was next to him on Ayri, nodded. Together the turned their horses and headed home.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:44 pm
Knurla says...

She had, of course, been lost in thought when she heard Head talking to her.

"Yeah, whatever. Any fight's a good fight." Jade didn't really care about the oath, she was an unfaithful warrior, in any way.

"If anything, you should be making her take an oath of loyalty." She nodded her head towards Alana; Jade knew that she had intended to let Tas go in the forest earlier.
Alana seemed shocked, Tas a little confused.

"Why don't you ask Alana here why she didn't stop dear sweet Tas here from getting away today, while I go get something to eat." With that, she turned and took off out of the tent.
Formerly known as AmberAngst

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:11 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

"WAIT!" Alana called after the native, she stopped and looked at Alana, "Would you please stop calling him my dear, I was only keeping a promise to my father, and I did not let him go. I didn't stop you from almost attacking him and unless you were going to kill him I would not have interfeired. Natives are not loyal people, I am and Head knows that. Until you prove yourself you are stuck having to take an oath. I owe Head enough to never cross him." She said calmly, the native shrugged and left with out a word. Alana turned back to the other two and pulled a peice of meat out of her pocket giving it to Tristian so she didn't have to look at either of them.

*Sorry, I only have so much time*
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

194 Reviews

Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:57 pm
greenjay says...

Mathias

I looked at the two through my mask and grabbed my sword. I began to sharpen it and they shuffled around uncomfortably.

"I will go to Quin and Tobias. They will give me the information we need. Then we will plan. Now go, prepare your weapons and whatnot...and don't tell anyone about anything."

They left, and I put my sword back, sneaking out the back way and going quickly up the rock. I launched off and took flight. I sped over the forest, watching the path attentively for any movement. Eventually the trees began to thin and I reached the plains. A black dot was visible in the yellowish grass and I circled down towards it. I landed in the tall grass beside the road and stepped out as they passed. They stopped suddenly, pulling hard on the reins.

"Good job friends. Things are going well, and I need your information."

They handed me a few parchments and I stepped back and smiled.

"Make haste back to camp. Tell no one of what you have done. I believe I can use you two!"

I smiled and headed off into the grass. When out of sight I turned into a hawk and flew off. Things were going well.

110 Reviews

Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:04 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Alana

Alana walked to her tent and quickly gathered her gear. She put a leather knife holster on her arm that held one of her better knives. She then sharpened all the knives she had already on her and then tightly braided her hair. She carefully slipped a small thin knife into it and looked around. She walked back out after Tristian flew out of the tent and took to the air. She watched him and then looked around. Most of the Rouges were in their tents being bored or something. She sat down and picked a stick up keeping an eye on Tristian, she carefully started wittling carefully zoning out of what was going on and watching Tristian intently.
Want a Readers crit???

194 Reviews

Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:06 am
View Likes
greenjay says...

Mathias

I tapped her lightly on the shoulder and Alana spun around quickly, her knife outstretched. I smiled, pleased.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes," she said, lowering the knife.

Quin and Tobias had returned and along with Jade, were waiting for us at he edge of the forest.

"Alana, from now on we are partners. We are the assassins, Quin and Tobias will set things up for us, distractions and whatnot, Tas is our spy, and Jade is our fighter. She will be the ultimate distraction, along with as many Rogues as she needs to back her...if she even needs any."

Alana shuddered, knowing what I meant and knowing what the native could do.

"Are we going right now Head?" she asked.

"Yes..." I smiled. "Call me Mathias. I have not heard my name in too long." I would throw it into their faces, along with the king's dead body. All would know that Mathias had finally completed his last mission!

110 Reviews

Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:12 am
TNCowgirl says...

Alana

Alana nodded,

'Tristian, lets go.' She called. Tristian dove down towards her and landed softly on her outstreched wrist. He was careful with is claws not to dig them into her skin. She turned to Head, Mathias.

"So, Mathias, where to now?" She asked as he started walking. She followed,

"We wait for Tas and Jade." He replied, she nodded.

*sorry*
Want a Readers crit???

84 Reviews

Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:53 am
Knurla says...

She approached the group, stopping next to Alana. She raised her hand and gently stroked the side of Tristian. Jade was different now; She was wearing her battle armor. It was a dark purple, covering her from neck to foot. Her hair was pulled high atop her head, stacked into two or three buns and held into place with multiple black sticks. Her daggers were on her back, waist high.

"Don't worry about me, I'm here." Alana seemed to tense when Jade touched Tristian, but she meant no harm to the creature, and was simply informing Alana of such.

194 Reviews

Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:51 pm
greenjay says...

Mathias

I walked toward the group riding the wolf. He growled and Tas jumped, turning around to see me aproach.

"Are you ready?" I asked the trio, and they all nodded.

"Then let us go."

We went along the path at a quick pace. We rode in silence until finally I spoke.

"Now," I said looking back at them, "we must plan!"

194 Reviews

Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:20 pm
greenjay says...

Mathias

We heard the wagon approaching before we could see it. Eventually it rumbled over the hill before us, and Quin and Tobias looked at me surprised.

"Leave the wagon and turn around...the mission is on!" I said with a grim smile. "Now Alana, look at this map with me."

I pulled a map out of my small pack; it was of the palace of Xnrom.

"See here?" I said pointing at one of the many entrances/exits. "This is the entrance to the royal gardens. We can easily pick the lock there and enter. Then we will climb up the vines on this wall," I said pointing to the wall indicated, "and get on the roof. Quin and Tobias have made a little entrance into the palace from there for us."

"What then?" asked Alana as I put the map away and we began to move on.

"I know that palace like the back of my hand...we will have to see when we get there, though I do have a plan in mind."

We walked on.

110 Reviews

Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:39 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"So, should there be gaurds in the garden?" Alana asked picturing the map in her head.

"Shouldn't be, only if someone is in there that needs them there wont be." He replied, Alana nodded, the vines would be thick, easy to climb. Tristian flew above them and went ahead to make sure it would be clear. "Where is he going?"

"To the garden, to make sure no one is there." She replied smiling. She unsnapped the gaurds to one of her knives so that she could get it out quickly. "He should be back in a little while, probably before we get there."
Want a Readers crit???

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:07 pm
Layleun says...

Quin got off while Tobias rode the horses on. She walked along Mathias and his wolf, "Did we miss something while we were gone?" She asked quizzically.

Mathias smiled under his mask, "Yes, you actually missed a great deal, friend. You and your partner are helping me on a mission."

Quin walked on. She opened her mouth but heard a yowl from behind her. Ina came flying up the path with Sirius bolting behind. Everyone stopped, Mathias went ridged. "Hey!" Sirius exclaimed loudly, he stood with his hands on his knees, panting, "Can I be of service?"

His wolfish grin made some of his scars turn white. Quin frowned, "I'm sorry, Head," she said formally, "I didn't know my friend would be tagging along." She narrowed her eyes at Ina. She licked her paw contently, apparently unaware of Quins accusation.

(Do we need Sirius at all? He could be a guard, he's a heavy fighter but light on his feet.)

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:21 pm
piepiemann22 says...

Tas looked at the boy and sighed. He decided to walk onward by himself. Alana came up beside him and they walked on. he felt like she was there to make sure she was there only to keep and eye on him so he didn't bolt.

They stopped at the top of a hill with a distat view of the walled city. Looking at the ground he thought of all the innocent people who would die because of this. Still, he had friends in the gaurd who were suspisious of the King just like him. They would help keep the civilians out of harms way.

Alana put her hand on his shoulder and sat next to him, "You okay?" her voice was soft and conferting.

"No, but I will be when this it all over."
I will always fight back, no matter what.

84 Reviews

Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:01 am
Knurla says...

She followed closely behind the group, keeping to herself. New additions kept popping up here and there: Sirius, Quin, Tobias, who else was going to join their little parade? When, low and behold, the natives wildcat friend Josten came popping out of the trees. Everyone in the group turned to Josten, eying him.

"Hello Jade. Where are you off to this evening? Who are your friends?" He tilted his head slightly to the side to see around her, examining the group.

"That is...classified." She grinned, "Go to my village and tell them I shall be gone for...fourteen sunrises." Josten looked a little disappointed, but nodded and disappeared into the forest again. No one asked her anything, just turned and continued their journey. They understood the relationship between the native and the wildcat.

That, sir, is the most frightening battlefield in the world: the blank page.
— Larry McMurtry, Comanche Moon