z

Young Writers Society

The Opression

Reviews: 1
Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:35 am
Rasi says...

Jules the jester wrote:Perhaps the good fellows can be forced back and all take refuge in the same village where things begin to form. Whereas the evil people are beginning to get confident and big headed. They send a force without any proper support which is destroyed. A small group of bad guys hide out.

TheGood guys hear of a rumour of a cache of legendary weapons that will help them defeat the dashuben. so set out on this search. whereas the bad dudes see them, going and say Ah ha we shall follow them.

So wam bam. we ourselves a nice little story =]

P.S this is only a rough plot. by god do change it old boy/gal

Ok, heres what I think, if anyone thinks we should change it again, just say somthin and I will!! From where we are in the story we should pick it up here,

Dashuben full out attack a small Elven village, ( our hq so far ), fully destroying it and killing almost everyone in it. The Dashuben get 'big headed' and think they can completely destroy the Elves. So, the Elves are forced back to their home in the mountains ( much safer in battle ), and are aiding a dieing Elven king, Galina is forced to take over the Elven army during battle as their King is unable.

( I am tired and need to go , so if anyone wants to add on to this please do! )
I would rather you hate me, than love me.
If you never really know me.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:31 am
Nutty says...

All able bodies that escaped the destruction joined the army, as there was nothing left to go back to. Farmers put down their hoes and rakes and took up swords and bows.
A few deserted, preferring to flee. With them went the cripples, the elderly and the very young.
There were even fewer, however, who were specialized. The army, was after all, just an army.
There were mages, an assassin, The gryphons, a handyman, some all rounders, and, to mixed emotions from this group, a rogue.
So, with an army and this group of mixed race, profession, and values, they defend the mountain village, and look for ways to get back what was lost.

(Is this okay?)
Last edited by Nutty on Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:45 am
Griffinkeeper says...

I think it would make more sense for it to be a gryphon Aerie (collection of nests). They tend to nest more often in the mountains. Being allies of the elves, they probably wouldn't object to it.

Also, there is a big difference between a rouge and a rogue.

Galina tries to take over the duties of her dying uncle, the King, but when she learns that his son is alive in enemy territory, she and a special team assemble to rescue the Prince.

This mission is but the first in a long series of missions.

There are certain benefits to this plot: Galina doesn't become a stationary character (she can do stuff) there is plenty of room for expansion down the line, and most of the characters will have room for growth as well.

There is a down side to this though and it is a serious one. Jules character would become a dead end. Having Beare chase a highly mobile group wouldn't make sense and having his character continually thwarted would mean a very boring writing experience for Jules.

For Jules to stay interested in the storybook under this scenario would mean having him create a new character in the elf alliance.

Thoughts?
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

280 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:00 am
Nutty says...

whoops... thanks griff.

*changes spelling*

Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:48 am
Rasi says...

Sounds good, I would definetly rather not be a stationary character, it gets qutie boring! :D

And Jules will need to respond, then we can probably start.

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:42 pm
Dark Lordess says...

It sounds good but don't we need someone to play a bad character?
If you have to ask me why I write, you would never understand...

Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:55 pm
Rasi says...

So, just thought of this, who si going to be the Dashuben character if Jules switches? Jules would you be willing to keep Beare, and create another character so that you dont have to play only the dead end character?

And who is the Rogue? Just curoius!

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:03 pm
Jules the jester says...

Ok then I shall make a new chracter. No worrys :D i just wanna be involved and write something.

Name- Bruin
Race-Human
Skills- a canny swordman who fights with two short swords.
Clothing- brown leather armour, a iron reinforced helet. two sword sheaths across his back.
Appearance- Tanned face. A long scar runs down the side of his face. has long black hair that is tied back.

Bio- Is a young traveller from a different land across the sea. Angered some Dashuben noble after he was attacked by the nobles son, accidently Bruin killed the man. The Dashuben want him dead as a result. He found his way into Elven lands by mistake and now fights with them. Fiercly loyal to his friends and very vengeful.

48 Reviews

Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:34 pm
Dark Lordess says...

Hey Jules, are you still keepeing Beare too?

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:52 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Evil characters aren't necessary to a storybook and I'm sure Jules can write for Beare if an evil post is required.

So, can we post now?
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:27 pm
Goldenheart says...

Oh dear. I am getting dreadfully confused.

It seems to me that I ought to back out. I don't think a gardener has much of a place in this sort of plot, and if I try to comprehend any more of this intricate story, my brain shall explode. I wanted to see what you guys thought about my ejecting Pinkle from this story.

All the best,

Goldie
"I hate the word 'Truce'. It means 'Fun's over'." ~My little sister

280 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:09 pm
Nutty says...

Handyman could become engineer-we may need to make a fort or siege weapons at some point.
I think there's always room in an army for those who can tell one end of a hammer from another.
But, if you think you want to go goldie, all the best :lol:

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:25 pm
Rasi says...

Goldie as Nutty said if you want to stay we will be glad to have you, but if you wish to leave we can not stop you! We will find room for you if you stay!

Jules, that sounds good, glad to hear you are staying!

And you guys can start whenever you want, this will most likely be my last post of the day though! If Galina needs to do something Dark Lordess will take over for me, she has my ok!

48 Reviews

Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:21 pm
Dark Lordess says...

Hey Goldie

More ideas instead of dropping out - He's a gardener. He could be a healer. (You know with herbs or something) Every army needs a healer.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:06 am
ELven-Maiden says...

Hey, could Dria fit in here? This seems so much fun!

I won't be much trouble, I promise!! :Puppyface:

However, If you really think another character will disrupt things, I'll shut up and go away.
Give me time, i'll crit your work XD I promise.
GO HORACE!
I have some IA on Venus, but I don't know how long it'll last. my com's getting crushed.
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."~Carl Jung, psychologist and psychiatrist.

"I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul."
— Pablo Neruda