z

Young Writers Society

Fandom Block Party

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:56 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

"You're welcome," said Athena. "And it's not bending, as you say, it's magic." She showed him her wand. "This is my wand. I got it from Ollivanders, a wand shop when I was eleven, the age every child gets a wand before starting Wizardry school. As Mr. Ollivander said, "the wand chooses the wizard."

She jumped over a mud puddle.

'And I love Hogwarts, my school," she said. "It's a great place, and I met so many wonderful friends. But things aren't looking so good right now...Er, anyway, what's bending?"
Last edited by Valkyria on Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:58 pm
View Likes
izzywidgeon says...

“I dunno. I guess this place is magic..though, I can make things like this happen at home too, but only little things.” She blushed. “You know, like this.” She made a few little hand movements and lifted a stick up in the air. “But only little things, y'know. I guess I'm less normal than I first thought, huh?"
izzywidgeon

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:05 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Kuzon blinked.

"Mag-ic?" he slowly repeated, testing out the unfamiliar word. He was starting to get that sinking feeling in his gut again. Maybe this wasn't the Spirit World. Maybe this was somewhere else. He didn't know how something like that would even be possible, but...

"I'm not sure how to explain bending to someone who's never heard of it before," Kuzon admitted. "It's just...there. Benders are able to have manipulate air, fire or earth. They used to be able to bend the air, too, but..."

He closed his eyes, trying to block out the memories he never could erase from his mind. The rushing of wind, the roaring of fire, the darkness - they all felt so real, even though they had been left behind in the distant past.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

4237 Reviews

Reviews: 4237
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:10 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Harriet rolled her eyes at the girl. She had no idea what she was talking about and was clearly a mortal.

"Names have power," she said simply, "be careful when you throw them around."

She turned back towards the moron that had threatened her with the knife. The girl interrupted her again.

"Stop that," Athena, "We're not here to fight. None of us know where we are, and I for one am hungry and soaked to the bone. Can we please find some shelter?" She raised a wooden stick that she had somehow managed to vanish objects with. She'd never met a child of Hecate capable of doing that much magic, well except for one girl, but that one was a rare one. She's not mortal, but then also not immortal. Ahh...well I guess I did ask for a less boring day.

"Look here, I didn't ask for a fight," she said, "and in any case, I'd appreciate you not pointing that thing at me because it appears to be fairly dangerous. As for being soaked to the bone."

She pointed an arm towards the goal and concentrated. Harriet herself was still bone dry as always but making someone else dry was another matter. She'd learnt a lot over the last year but it was still finnicky at best with balancing all the powers she'd inherited from her very complicated ancestry.

Then she felt a sudden warmth, and Athena's clothes dried instantly, and the rain suddenly shuddered to a stop. Whoops I overcorrected. Oh No A wave of fatigue rolled through her. It wasn't as bad as it had once been but she still stumbled a couple of steps before she caught herself.

"Okay, I don't know how long that'll last. It might possibly even come back worse. I also vote to go find shelter."

Spoiler! :
Harriet having to get defensive very fast here lol...she never got to make a shy introduction thanks to Dally who managed to get her angry right away. Also she's got ancestry to Zeus and Hades, its a lot of details but let's say she's got quite a few powers down and is a little more durable than regular half bloods.

Update: I typed this before the previous three posts...xD...assume this happens before then...
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:13 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

"Ooh you guys are so COOL!" Pinkie took no notice of Athena's words, strolling around happily. "And yes, let's get to this house and get this party started!"
Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

56 Reviews

Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:14 pm
View Likes
izzywidgeon says...

Ana ‘dropped’ the stick and squinted at Kuzon. “…You’re saying you can manipulate elements..at your own will?” She squinted. 
“Oh, I remember this now, from the show. The air nomads all..well, they, er..you know..” She quieted, turning her attention to a flower bud that was just about to bloom. She knelt and held and hand over it, causing it to blossom.
“Woah. That’s new,”
izzywidgeon

160 Reviews

Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:19 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Athena took a deep breath and smiled at the redhead.

"Thank you, and sorry for pointing this at you," said Athena. She pocketed her wand. "As for names, I know names have power. Believe me, I do. But, my name is Athena Halliwell. And if I'm lying," she shouted to the sky, "then strike me down or punish me!"

When nothing happened, she looked back at the girl. "Look, we are all clearly from different worlds. I mean, look at that." She gestured to the pink pony. "That's not something you see every day. Let's start over, agreed?"

She raised her hand and smiled.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:21 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Quick question before I post again: Would it be okay if Ana doesn't mention too much about the Avatar show around Kuzon? I'm trying to keep him oblivious to who the avatar is right now because he thinks it's someone other than Aang - and actually thinks that Aang is dead because ~angst~. It's been really difficult making him an oblivious dummy in his actual fic, so it would be awesome if it didn't really come here. :P

Unless he's sharing his tragic backstory later on. >>

Edit:

me: calls Kuzon an oblivious dummy
the world, spiting me: makes me the oblivious dummy by making me use the wrong code when trying to throw my question into a spoiler
mage

queer and here.

56 Reviews

Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:23 pm
View Likes
izzywidgeon says...

Spoiler! :
Yeah, that's fine. Sorry 'bout that, :?
izzywidgeon

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:26 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

Pinkie smiled at Athena. "If I'm not something you see everyday, then I feel sorry for you."

She nodded her head rapidly. "Yes, let's! My name is Pinkie Pie and I love cupcakes!" She munched on the pink cupcake she made earlier. "Everyone else?"
Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:29 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Thanks, @mintyleaf! And don't worry about it - I never said anywhere that he didn't know about the whole Aang in the iceberg part of the show, and we never talked about if the other characters would be aware of each other's fandoms if it made sense in their stories. Thank you again for being so understanding! :)

For a moment, Kuzon almost said the truth.

He almost said his name wasn't really Lee. He almost said that he was firebender - not the nonbender he was going to pretend to be. And he almost admitted that he had originally thought this was the Spirit World.

But then he looked back at the man with the light hair, and all of his bravery vanished in an instant. He just couldn't stop thinking about the boy that the Dai Li had taken away. Their personalities were too similar for him to ignore, and he couldn't run the risk of saying the truth when someone who hated firebenders - for good reason - could be right nearby.

So he didn't say anything at first. He just gave a little tiny nod of his head, carrying the tea set and getting partially drenched in the process because it was difficult holding an umbrella when his hands were already full with other things.

When he finally did speak, he offered the same name he had before.

"My name is Lee," he said. "I work at a tea house in Ba Sing Se."
mage

queer and here.

56 Reviews

Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:33 pm
View Likes
izzywidgeon says...

“Well..I’m Ana, obviously, and I’m training to be a ballerina.” Ana looked down at her bare feet. They had been washed clean by the rain.
“Ballet slippers, please?”
A pair of slippers showed up on her feet promptly. “Thank you!”
izzywidgeon

4237 Reviews

Reviews: 4237
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:37 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Harriet took the offered hand and shook it firmly, anger now gone. She suddenly realized she was in fact surrounded by strange people in a strange land.

"I'm Harriet Danvers, and looks like we definitely are in a different land because believe it or not I have seen a pink flying pig before, a pony's not that much of a stretch," she said, her mind vigorously analyzing everything she'd said, hoping she hadn't said anything silly. Oh God. I acted like a total cheesy action hero didn't I? If Percy hears about this.

"Um, so you're a umm...witch?" she asked, tentatively, hoping that she wouldn't take that as an insult.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

160 Reviews

Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:58 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

"Um, so you're a umm...witch?" Harriet asked, tentatively.

"Yup, I'm a witch," said Athena brightly. "And, technically, I'm not supposed to use magic outside of school until I'm seventeen, the age I become an adult. But there haven't been any repercussions so far, so..." Athena laughed.

Curiosity getting the better of her, Athena pointed to Harriet's mechanical pencil. "Is there a weapon inside of that?"

56 Reviews

Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:05 pm
View Likes
izzywidgeon says...

“Ugh, I hate walking.” Ana pouted. “Honestly, I could just-“ She levitated off her feet again and grinned. She whirled around and started to moonwalk. “There we go..” She laughed. “You guys should try this, honestly.”
izzywidgeon

GET ON IT PEEPS
— Nate