z

Young Writers Society

Axcel: The World.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:48 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Zech squinted. "No, it has to be you," he said after a couple seconds. "Lunis taught me to recognize things like that. You talk like him, you make the same faces he does. I don't know how you changed your look that quickly, but I have to say, it isn't really diplomatic anymore, is it?" He knew the last sentence was likely to scare away Maahes if this was him, but it'd be harder to identify if this was Maahes without a probing question or two.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:54 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I don't want to be diplomatic right now-" he started to say, only for his eyes to widen and for him to slap his hand over his mouth. He had made a mistake, and he knew it. He hadn't expected Zech to catch on that it was him; the Alterans tended to not realize it. Even Odris took some time to recognize him. But Zech had figured it out, thanks to whoever that Lunis person was and the lessons they had taught Zech.

His shoulders slumped. It wasn't fair. He had honestly been trying his hardest with this, even though he had forgotten to come up with a good alias and had ended up using the name of the character he had read about last week instead.

His hand returned to his side.

"You're right," he said. He frowned. "I'm Maahes."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:37 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Good," Zech said. He internally breathed as sigh of relief - he'd figured he had a 50/50 chance of being right. Still, he looked back at the route he'd come from, biting his lip. He couldn't quite see his path. Suddenly the forest felt like it was surrounding him, trying to swallow him up. "Can we go back now? The others are probably waiting for us."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:19 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He crossed his arms.

"I'm not going back," he said. "I don't want to. I'm going to stay on my own and find Odris, and then I can forget that everything here happened."
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:37 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Sure," Zech said, glancing from side to side with each sentence. "I want to forget about all this too. But what do you think you're going to do out here? We don't know where we are, we don't know what's lurking around here, and the only people that do are somewhere else in this forest. And I'm not going back there without you."

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:50 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Tamika stumbled through the thick trees for awhile, the rising dread in her stomach only reminding her of the obvious: she was only getting herself more and more lost. However tired and grumpy she was, however her scar stung, it was wiser at every angle she could think of to go back and join the group.

She had just been making the decision to turn around when her foot landed in some sort of hole. She tripped and fell to the ground with a thud.

Fighting back tears, she gingerly pulled her leg out of the hole and glanced down. Her ankle was already swelling, the pale skin revealing the start of a nasty bruise. Great. Just great. She couldn't fly, and now she couldn't even walk properly.

Sucking in a breath through her teeth, she made her way into an upright position and then set off very painfully in the direction she assumed she'd come from.
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:43 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes frowned. "You can go back without me-"

There was a loud crashing noise from somewhere nearby. Horrified by the noise he heard, Maahes let out a terrified cry and instinctively clung to the thing closest to him - that thing being Zech. "Did-did you hear that?" he stammered. His grip on Zech tightened. "Do-do you think these woods are h-haunted? Odris says that ghosts don't exist, but some of the other scholars do think they exist. And I-I think I'm one of them!"
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:27 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Zech raised his shaking staff and pointed into the trees. "A what?" he stammered. "What's a ghost? And you're one? Can you talk to those things?" He didn't have a clue what, if anything, was in the woods, but that didn't stop his mind from trying to fill in the blanks.

9 Reviews

Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:03 am
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Tamika hobbled a ways, and then started to hear voices. Sighing in relief, she located the direction and stumbled through to a clearing, pushing branches away to better see the boy and feline standing there.

"Thank goodness," she gasped, feeling more appreciative of the people stranded here with her, "I thought I was lost. I mean- more lost than we already are."

She peered at their faces, and the way the blonde-haired boy was clutching the other one.

"Uh... is something wrong?"

299 Reviews

Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:48 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Zech breathed a long sigh of relief. The fur around his cheeks bristled. Of course there wasn't actually anything in the forest. Just more people who were as lost as they were. That he could deal with.

Actually, judging by the girl's ankle, he could do more than deal with it.

"Need any help?" Zech said, voice still slightly high-pitched. He pointed towards the ankle. "I can fix that."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:49 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

When Maahes saw that the source of the sound had been the lady with wings, he hesitantly pulled himself off of Zech. He crossed his arms again as he took a step back from Zech, though this time it was out of fright and not stubbornness. He could still feel his arms shivering, though no goosebumps formed - it was something he would have had to put thought into, and he was still too much on edge to think of something like that.
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:12 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"A voice..." Rose mused. Ryder squinted at the ground.
"Might be one of the Aetherborn," Rose said simply. Ryder nodded.
"Yeah...it might be."
He looked up to the sky.
"We should...probably get going. Exter's already out."
Up in the sky, there was a large moon, while this world's equivalent of a sun was past the midway point.
Ryder adjusted his backpack.
"Let's go. We can talk about the artifact on the way. This forest isn't safe at night."
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

9 Reviews

Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:33 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Tamika nodded and awkwardly sat with her back against a tree, her leg jutting out.

"That would be nice." she tried very hard to keep the sarcastic tone from creeping into her voice. "Are we talking magic, or?"

299 Reviews

Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:50 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Zech nodded. "I'd usually have my bandages and splints around, but, uh, I didn't have them on hand when I ended up here. I'm guessing the magic won't fix all of it, but it should get rid of the swelling and bruising."

He stepped forward. Fear crept back into his voice when he saw Maahes shivering. "But if you're not fine with that, I don't want to be rude." Ugh, he hated how fake he sounded. But anything was better than thinking about the woods.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:18 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Siren hopped up to Ryder, and began to follow him.

"What is a Eeeetherborn? is it the spirit voice?" she asked.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

"Everything you can imagine is real."
— Pablo Picasso