z

Young Writers Society

Arranged Marriages (second try...) ~Restarted~

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:04 pm
Liv says...

Yeah - like....is Katrina in and Rosie out....? Do we need another Prince? I know Fic or myself would be willing to make one if needed....

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:54 pm
Shadowlight says...

Well actually Cecily is no longer working for me- so how about Lady and Yubbies pair up those characters?

Cecily just never sprung off the page like Briac and Saja did for me. :3

Because I LOVE the Vibes between Briac and Rosie and I'd hate to lose that. So I will gladly give Lady my Princess slot- either to make a new character or keep her old one and there is just only one prince For Bryni :3
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:08 pm
yubbies21 says...

awesome! Sounds great!
beep

11 Reviews

Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:45 am
Liv says...

Perfect! Because I love Rosie and Briac :3 That okay for you, Lady?

And where are we going to resume from? Where we left off or some place else?

170 Reviews

Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:49 am
yubbies21 says...

Just exactly where we left off should be good. Lets move this to the DT, okay?
beep

11 Reviews

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:39 pm
Liv says...

*are you starting off, yubbies?*

170 Reviews

Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:11 pm
View Likes
yubbies21 says...

Yeah, It'll be ready in a couple hours!
beep

170 Reviews

Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:57 am
yubbies21 says...

Dancing with Jackson was wonderful. I floated around the floor, my green eyes never leaving his silver ones. Music played, people laughed, everyone danced. Time seemed to have no meaning while I was dancing with Jackson.
“I’ve danced with a lot of lords, nobles, and dignitaries, but never have I danced with anyone quite so amazing.”
His smile shone brightly. “Thank-you Aris, but I will also say, I have danced with many ladies, noblewomen, and royal figures, but I’ve never danced with anyone quite like you.”
Shyly, I ducked my head as my cheeks grew warm. “Thanks. It means a lot.”
“So,” Jackson began, “tell me about yourself.”
“I love the ocean. Almost more than anything, I love the salty waves and cool breezes from the sea.”
“I’ve never seen the ocean, but I hope too. I’ve read all about the tides and the amazing animals found in their waters.”
“Back at the Yililian palace, in my chamber, there was a white washed window looking out over the ocean. I played my flute and the music would drift over the water in a haunting way. Probably more than anything, I’ll miss the sound of the ocean and the eerie melodies of my flute mixing together.”
“You play the flute?”
“Yes, yes I do.” The music shifted to a slower pace. “I’d love to show you some time.”
“I look forward to that very much. Please, tell me more.”
I bit my lip. Should I tell him about my passion for archery? No, not yet. Soon though, very soon. “I know I’m a princess and that I’ll be, you know, your wife and everything,” That was smooth… “but I’m not interested in ruling any country, anywhere. I don’t want to be tied down. I like my freedom, plus, I don’t think I have very good judgement.” He nodded thoughtfully, spinning me around. I searched for something else to say about myself. “I love purple lilacs and seashells and I want to go on great adventures. I want to see the whole world for myself!” Jackson grinned like a little boy. “But enough about me for now. Tell me about you. Who are you Jackson?”
beep

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:00 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

I straightened my light blue dress then I made my way through the crowd of people greeting a few of the princes and princesses I knew. I wasn't sure where my husband to be Rhay was at the moment and was honestly wondering where he was. I wanted to get to know him but wasn't sure how to approach that subject. I saw Briac dance by with Rosemary and he smiled at me. I smiled back he seemed happy which made me happy as well. "Milady are you alright?" A maid asked and I smiled knowing she was referring to my fear of being confined. "For the moment I am thank you for your concern." I replied my voice sweet. I felt confined now that she had mentioned it. I noticed the balcony doors were open maybe to let in some fresh air. I walked out onto the balcony leaning against the railing. I felt my nerves stop trembling like harp strings and sighed in relief. I didn't mind parties even things like this if it had been for anyone else honestly but I didn't mind if it was for the good of the kingdom though if I could I'd leave the ball behind completely and just go riding on Evans. I missed him but the ball would be over soon so I might be able to slip to see him. I straightened then went back inside determined to try and enjoy myself. I wandered through the crowd and spotted Rhay. I smiled and walked over to him. "Hello Rhay don't suppose you would like to dance before the ball ends?" I asked softly smiling a bit shyly at him. "If not we can just talk if you prefer." I added a bit energetically.
Spoiler! :
Sorry if this is a bit to short I'm really tired its about 1 a.m. over here. And my shift key is busted or just sticking not sure so if I forget to caps something its because I didn't hit the capslock
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

Reviews: 0
Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:46 am
Skyguy says...

I have been given permission to create these guardsmen, bodyguards of the royal children. Really, the point theyre there is so no one snatches up a royal child. Its up to you guys if the guardsmen will be friends or babysitters.

Randall Carn, Master Guardsman, The Red Talon of Draconia. 37, red hair, green eyes. Very protective. Doesnt fell the need to have an assistant guarding the children. Mean....

Master Shota Ferris, female. Yililia. Black hair, green eyes. 35. Tempermental, but very kindhearted. Welcomes the oppurtunity to meet the other royal guardsman of the other countries.
Apprentice Travis Thompson, male. 21. Excellent hunter and tracker. Has a falcon named Dragon. Excellent archer. Blond hair, blue eyes. Not dressed in the regular Yililian military uniform. The Blue Hand of Yililia. Good friends with prince August. ( Hope its not to much.)
Very friendly.

Natsu Dragneel, the Eagle. 21 Harrow. Very loyal to Harrow. The Bladed Finger. More of an assassin than guard but would do well in any position. Know Travis from a.... previous encounter... :pirate3: Black hair, brown eyes.

Mariana Clava, 25, Bryni. The last of the line of Caldur, a very... well known mercainary guild that was destroyed a while back. Mariana owes a favor to the king of Bryni, and is now a royal guard.

Gray Fullbuster. Happy go lucky guard . Very good with a bow and arrow. Stays close by, always watching... sadly, he sleep walks, with his eyes open, so it annoys the giards because you never know if hes awake or asleep, and hes always watching.... hehe.

So let me know if you would like the characters to react or interact in a certain wayto your characters. Thanks
I will never give up... I will never give up! As long as I'm still breathing in this world... as long as I'm still standing in this world I will never give up!

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:42 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Jackson

Aris' response worried me. What was a man from the desert to do with a girl in love with the ocean? What was a man first in line for the throne to do with such a free spirit, one that had no urge to rule? Her love of adventure, however, made me smile, for at least we shared that, and at least going to Harrow could be just that for her - an adventure.

"I spend a lot of time reading or playing some sort of instrument, or talking with my sister. My favorite color is blue, as you can't find much of it in Harrow, and like most Harrowians (?) I have an obsession with water, because we don't have much of that either. Though I really do prefer to be outside. You really do get used to the heat and sand, though." I added that last bit as reassurance to her. "I spent most of my life doing as I pleased, going where I pleased, as it was my brother who had gotten stuck with the treacherous lessons on how to be king and how to rule a country. But life happened, I suppose."

Grinning, I laughed, "The first time I snuck out I was six years old, me and my brother Tristan decided to ride our Camels in only our underwear because it was so hot. My nurse, Lissy, who you can find right over there , found us out when we got back and gave us a good smack right across our sunburned cheeks. That didn't stop me next time, though, or any time after that. I've always taken a liking to adventure and getting my nose in to things I'm not supposed to."

"You still have your nurse?" She questioned, grinning with amusement.

I blushed, "She's around, but more as a companion now. She claims she's not leaving until my children...our...?" My blush deepened, and I stammered, now fully embarrassed and making a fool of myself, "Not that we have to...well I guess we do...wait, that didn't come out right, we don't HAVE to, I just mean..."

I trailed off, my cheeks on fire with embarrassment, realizing that I more or less just told the young princess that we would sleep together and have children. It was expected of us, of course, and we both knew it, but none the less I vowed I wouldn't touch her out of the mere need of an heir. Besides, I doubt a girl with such a love of adventure and at such an age would like to be held down with one kid tugging on her skirt and the other on her hip.
Live, Love, Laugh

Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:48 pm
Skyguy says...

Natsu walked up to Travis, grinning bashfully. He wasnt wearing his military uniform, but he long flowing robe of a nomad from Harrow. He wore his sword expertly, and poked his dagger softly at Travis."Travis! Those lin ng years of guard duty under mistress Shota have made you fat!" Travis grinned back, though keeping an eye on the room. Natsu sat on a table, picking up a roll and began lathering it in butter." We dont have such great feasts back home" he said, adding honey to his bread. Travis smiled wickedly." You mean one that youve been allowed and invited to?" Natsu grinned, swallowing his roll. He turned around as Jackson spun by with Aris. Natsu winked at the prince. "Hehe, they just grow up so fast, dont they?" He said, batting his eyes at a noble woman who passed by. She sniffed and turned away. Natsu glowered as Travis behan laughing. "What happened to the good old days, when you, Grey, and I traveled the country, fighting bandits?" Travis glowered.

"You mean when his majesty ordered you to help us recover a jewel that was stolen by you, then sold to a Bryni black market dealer, and Grey helped us? Oh yes, I remeber it quite perfectly. You tried to kill us, 3 times I believe." Natsu grinned." Oh, I wasnt trying to kill you, just ... no way, thats Randall Carn. Wow, didnt know that the old dog was still fighting. Ah, princess Saja. I must go say hello." He whisked off.

Just then, Grey walked up, his long sword strapped to his side, and crossbow in hand. He smiled in greeting at his old friend." This makes me slightly angry. We're supposed to be at peace, yet they have us walk around in full armour. Its like the royalty expects a war anytime.... whats Dragneel doing.... Carns going to kill him. Saja... Draconia I believe. Wheres her guard... wait, Carns doing it by himself. Well, hes more than enough." He stated, catchimg his breath. Travis raised an eyebrow, then turned away, smirking. Grey glared then walked off. Oh please dont let anything happen, Travis thought to himself, watching the royalty dance. This land can not sustain another war.
I will never give up... I will never give up! As long as I'm still breathing in this world... as long as I'm still standing in this world I will never give up!

11 Reviews

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:36 pm
Liv says...

*So I decided that even though I already posted this pre-pause I'd post it again 1) because it was my last post and never got responded to, and I don't want to respond for shadow and 2) I really like it and if memory serves correctly, pre-pause shadow said she loved it....so I hope that's okay, shadow xD*

August

Saja and I danced beautifully together, so perfectly it was as if we were siblings who had been dancing together our entire lives - yet I had barely said a thing to her. I was completely nervous. My hands, the one she held and the one on her waist, were too worked and calloused. I stood about two inches taller than the girl and was able to keep my eyes locked with hers the entire time - her sweet, doe like, innocent eyes that belonged to a girl of fifteen. A girl of fifteen who hadn't even grown up enough to see what I have - war, fighting, death. I had gone to war once, just once, when Yililia was attacked, a small village on the outskirts raided, men torn from wives and children from mothers. Sweet Saja couldn't even imagine.

It wasn't until I felt a gentle hand on my cheek that I realized I had drifted off. I turned my gaze back to Saja and stopped dancing, giving her a sheepish smile.

"My apologies, princess. My mind got the best of me." She bit down on her lip and squinted up at me, but then gave a bright smile that lit up her eyes.

I returned the smile, but for God knows what reason instead of continuing to dance I loosened my grip on her hand, letting her arm fall to her side, and reached up to her face. Gauging her reaction, I trained my eyes on hers and reached up to her cheek. I rest a hand on it for a moment, watching her eyes for reaction, for anything telling me to stop. Her fair skin was soft to the touch, and I felt as if I should barely touch it.

We stood there for a moment, my hand on her cheek and hers still on mine, and my eyes trailed down to the ribbon around her neck.

"When I was a boy one of my father's knights told me a story," I said, moving my hand carefully to the ribbon and tracing its outline with my finger, still watching her reaction, "of a princess who had her throat taken out. 'Sir Richard,' I said to him, 'how can a girl live without a throat? How does she eat, how does she talk? Can she still play?' 'Little prince,' he said to me, 'they didn't take her whole throat. Just a little bit, to keep her from getting sick - you see, she was dying. But she can still eat, she can still play. She just can't talk.'"

I took the ribbon between two fingers and moved it slightly, revealing a scar and continued, "Then Sir Richard said, 'But most importantly she can still laugh.'" With that last detail I gave her a smile, put the ribbon back in its place, and lightly tickled my fingers under her chin, winning a brilliant smile that flowered on her face a charming giggle that filled the room.

Rosemary

Briac and I danced silently for a long moment, my arms around Briac and his arm wrapped around my waist, and the song ended. Another quickly began, but I still took my arms from around Briac's neck. He loosened his arm from around my waist, stood straight, and shot me a questioning look.

Biting down on my bottom lip I looked up at him and grabbed his hand, "I'm thirsty, come get a drink with me?"

He nodded and we weaved our way out of the dancing couples. Briac got a pint of ale and I simply requested water. Once I held the cup in my hands and we sat I stared at it for a moment, then turned to look up at Briac.

"Briac, do you think you could love me?" I asked, and in response he nearly choked on his drink.

Setting it down carefully, he questioned, "What? Rosemary, I've only just me-"

Shaking my head I cut him off, "I'm not asking if you love me right now, what kind of question would that be? It's just....I'm sixteen years old. Even if it weren't for the arranged marriages I would still be marrying within a few years. The only difference would be that he probably would love me before we got married. I just want to know if you think you maybe could, maybe some time after we're married?"

He opened his mouth a few times to say something, but finally settled on, "It's been a day."

I placed my cup down and swallowed a lump in my throat. Laying my arms on the table I rest my chin ontop of my hands, closed my eyes, and whispered, "I think I could fall in love with you."

What I didn't say, however, was that I thought I already was.

*did I mention how glad I am we restarted this xD
And Skyguy, I was a tad confused about your post, so I hope I didn't interfere with it :D I didn't really change it from the last time I posted it :D*

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:45 pm
Skyguy says...

Liv, thats totally chill. Lets just say natsu, was er.... prevented by carn. Hehe. Natsu has silver eyes... idk, didnt know it was reserved for royalty. He ismt from harrow originally though, so he doesnt know anyone really.
Last edited by Skyguy on Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:12 am, edited 4 times in total.

11 Reviews

Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:06 am
Liv says...

Thanks, dear :D and don't worry, I'm sure August and Travis will catch up with each other later xD

*cues shadow*

i love me some swole chickens
— yosh