z

Young Writers Society

~The Everyday Survivors~ (Started but still accepting)

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:57 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Brady:

"You and I... well," I scratched the back of my head. "We're sort of like 'pets', as bad as that sounds. If you don't have a Darkling protecting you, you're as good as dead, in some cases, if you aren't looking about you."

"Dead?" she asked. "Isn't that a little extreme?"

"Imps are extreme," Leah muttered, crossing her arms over her chest. "And they'll kill. Don't expect to get through that as a seer."

"But why does it matter if I'm a seer?"

This time, Titus answered. "Well, my dear, because we can't steal the souls of just any human."

Once again, his words made the group silent. The awkward tension could easily be cut with a knife.

"Don't act as if I'm not an imp," he chuckled, resting his hands behind his head lazily. "My whole lot in life may not depend on the need to kill, but I'm not ignorant to it."

Emma came to my side once more, her hand reaching out to touch my shoulder. The look her in eyes made my stomach knot. I felt instantly sorry for running out as I did.

"You're cold," she murmured. "You need to go home soon."

I nodded, not wanting to worry her anymore than I had already. "As well as you, Emma."

"Leaving so soon?" Leah asked, brow raised. "If so, I should probably give you my real number... that might be more appropriate."

"Yeah, I think we'll stay for a bit," I said, smiling softly before taking my seat once more. Emma floated down beside me, her small shoulders slumped in a disappointment manner.
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:04 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Leah

I scrambled my real number another scrap of paper, and passed it to him. "If it means something to ya, I can protect Adelina for a while." I said to Brady, while glaring at Titus threateningly.

"Like you could stop an Imp." He muttered.

"What did you say?!" I screeched, appearing right in front of him, fuming with anger.

"Oh, nothing, nothing." He said, in a self-confident sort of manner.

"You want to see what I can do?!" I screamed into his face.

"Leah. Take a chill pill, will ya?" He asked, taking a step back. "And a breath mint, while you're at it."

This made me all the more angry, but I stepped down.

"Fine." I hissed.

"Now, would you be alright with that, Lina?" Emma asked. She seemed sort of depressed, for some reason.

(Arg... writer's block.)
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:55 pm
Camulaeus says...

(Apparently Lady of the death roses isn't replying to my interaction with Morgan, so I'm going to change course and go where the action is)
Ean

I watched from outside the coffee house. The conversation inside seemed pretty intense. Leah handed another scrap of paper to the Imp. I wondered what was on it. The Imp muttered something; probably a threat. I couldn't stay out here a moment later. I burst into the coffee shop, and marched right over to their table.

"Now, would you be all right with that, Lina?" Emma asked the human. Emma seemed sort of depressed, for some reason.

"I'm sure whatever it is, I won't be" I said and took the last available seat next to Leah.

"Oh look who decided to show" The Imp said sardonically.

"Shut it scum bag" I replied.

"Woah, calm down you guys" the girl human said. I regarded her unbelievably.

"Calm down? This, this demon was just trying to kill you!"

"For the record, your'e the one who came with a knife" she replied and crossed her arms.

"To protect you! This thing is a murderer!" I accusatorially pointed at the Imp.

"As I have already mentioned to your dear friends, I am no murderer. I also have a name; Titus"

Leah seized the opportunity to side with me (for once) " There is still no proof on your side Titus" she said it with a bitter edge. The Imp twisted his face.

"And there is no proof on yours either" he replied with a smug tone.

The girl said "Look, this is entertaining and all, but I really don't want to be on TV"

Leah whipped around furiously and screamed "For the last freakin' time, THIS IS NOT A TV SHOW!"
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

489 Reviews

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:02 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Brady:

"Could you all please be quiet?" I asked, shaking my head in dismay. "We are in a public place, if you haven't already noticed."

This statement really didn't seem to affect them.

"Are you sure we shouldn't just go?" Emma asked, brows furrowed. "It seems to me like this is getting out of hand, and I really don't want to subject you to any danger."

"Its okay, Em," I murmured under my breath. "I'm fine. Really."

She didn't seem pleased with this.

"I don't see why any of you should usubject yourself to passing pleasantries with an imp," Ean snapped, obviously displeased. "I don't know about you guys, but this sure as hell doesn't seem normal."

"He hasn't done anything wrong," I pinched the bridge of my nose. This was starting to get annoying. "Have you not already seen for youself that he's still not a human? Doesn't that say anything to any of you? He hasn't murdered anyone."

Leah looked as if she was about to say something but stopped herself, the tilt to her brow surprisingly downcast as opposed to what it had once been only moments before. When she spoke again, her voice was calm. "I suppose you're right."

"And anyways," It was Titus who spoke now. "I'm not here to be a pain. I'm just lonely. Be calm everyone."
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

49 Reviews

Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:29 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Leah

"Yea. Lonely." I snorted, wondering where the hell Ean came from. But at least someone here understood what I was talking about.

"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye." He retorted, bored.

"Maybe we ought to!" Ean exclaimed.

"Calm down, dude. Seriously." Titus replied. "We're in a restaurant!"

"An empty restaurant." I retorted. Everyone had left long ago.

"Excuse... m-me?" A meek voice asked. We all whipped around to see a small cafe worker. "I'm going to have to a-a-ask you to l-leave."

"We're not going to lea-" Ean began.

"Our apologies. We'll go at once." Both Lina and Emma said at the same time. I dragged Ean from the restaurant, our little parade behind us.

Hey, at least the rain stopped.

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

5 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:20 pm
Camulaeus says...

Ean

I was keeping a wary eye on Titus. Lonely? Sure. And I'm a Pink Elephant with three eyes. He probably had at least three humans locked up somewhere with the promise of freedom for saying his name.

"Hey at least the rain stopped" Leah said in a fragile attempt to lighten the mood.

I rolled my eyes at her. "Well, we wouldn't have noticed that already"

Her features darkened. Ugh, this was turning out to be much more than I could take. Lina noticed the tension and added her attempt. "Hey, at least you don't have to be wet and miserable"

Titus smirked. I felt like wiping it off his face but their we're to many people around. Just like Emma had said, I would be sent to prison; and that was an experience that I strongly tried to avoid. Speaking of Emma, she seemed to be colder and paler than usual, and hung onto the human, Brady I think, for support. They were whispering to each other. Typical Human- Darkling Bond; becoming so obsessed with each other you would never be able to stand on your own.

"So, as we were talking before your, noisycompanion has us kicked out, I mean no harm. I just seek company"

I shot him dagger eyes. "And as we pointed out before, we're not interested" I replied. I took a wider, fighting stance. I noticed Leah take a step behind me, she knew what I was about to do. Adelina unfortunately did not and continued to stand in reach of the Imp. How could I get her to move with out alerting the demon?
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

49 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:03 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Leah Lets get things rolling, hmm?

No, no, no. Not here, Ean, not here! I thought worriedly to myself. "Um.... ummm..." I though out loud, trying to get some way to keep Ean from attacking Titus. And crap, Lina was right there too! He'll probably attack her!

Am I her temporary guardian or not?!

I *nervously* strode between the two, just as Titus began to recognize the glint in Ean's eyes. "Stop. Not here, not now. Else... I'll throw you in the jail. Both of you. I'm protecting Lina, and I'm not about to let her 'friend' be killed. No matter how much I dislike him." I said to them both as a small crowd gathered.

"Get away from here!" Ean belched, making every bird and its mother fly away. The crowd scattered quickly. "You, too, Leah! Take your little human with you!"

Ean meant business now. I grabbed the struggling Lina by the hand and dragged her back to where Brady and Emma stood. My hand tried to worm into Brady's open one.

He jerked it back, before using that hand to wrap around Emma. He glared at my threateningly.

I sighed. My heart may have cracked, but it did not break... yet.

~Dr.Seuss.

489 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:06 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Brady:

Well that was bold. Other than Emma, who was so apart of me now that it really didn't matter whether I held her hand or not, it wasn't something I was used to, nor did I really care to be used to such a thing. I was much too 'out of mind' for that sort of attention.

"Really now," I said, stepping forward. "I, if anything, would rather a fight not take place in public. That being said, if this is how things are going to be then I think I may just have to leave. Fight your own battles. I give up."

Emma was at my side, nodding her head in approval. "It is not worth the anger one feels. We should give one another the benefit of the doubt, whether or not you suspect poor behaviours in someone who so far has been nothing but kind."

"I agree as well," Lina nodded. "No offence or anything but isn't this getting a little carried away?"

Titus smiled, resting his hand on his hip. His eyes held a glint of amusement. "It is nice to see that some of you think before you act."

Ean's lip curled back in anger. "I really wouldn't be talking right now if I were you."

"You think a Darkling such as yourself should scare me in any way?" Titus asked, gesturing mildly with the back of his hand in a sophisticated manner. "I, myself, couldn't care less about any of this. In fact, I'm quite frankly appalled at the behaviour displayed in public. If you ask me, I would have to say that this hatred is quite unfounded."

"[i]Unfounded[/b]," Ean muttered, teeth clenched. "Son of a-"

"As I said before," I cut in, trying to calm things down as best as I could before they got out of control. " Let's calm down and take a chill pill. If he should turn his back on us, I would easily condone actions against him, but until then it would appear that he is correct. It is unfounded."

5 Reviews

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:33 am
Camulaeus says...

Ean

"As I said before," Brady cut in. " Let's calm down and take a chill pill. If he should turn his back on us, I would easily condone actions against him, but until then it would appear that he is correct. It is unfounded."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Couldn't he sense the aura of evil lingering around the Imp? Couldn't he notice the way the Imp studied his every move? Like it was some sick hunter and Brady his prey?

" I agree with Brady," The Imp decided to speak up. "and frankly, I would be wondering whether or not I'm the murderer, when you've obviously keeping company with someone as violent as him!" the thing gestured to me. "C'mon, think about it! How many Imps do think this man has murdered? How many innocent lives has he taken?" I rolled my eyes. Like anyone was going to listen to this thing. Yet, Brady now seemed more wary of me than the Imp. The thing smiled devilishly, it knew he almost had Brady under his power.

"How many innocent lives have I saved is the real question! I'm protecting the humans from bloody soul-suckers like you!" The imp took this passively, still wearing that stupid smile. I clenched my fist and gritted my jaw.

"And how many Imp's have you "saved" from humans?"

"24 of your demonic spawn have fallen by my hand" I said it proudly, I had saved 24 human lives. Yet Brady and Adelina looked on me with shock. Couldn't they see I was the one trying to help them?

"And how many of them were in human form?" The Imp's smiled had grown into a big-time Devil grin. Crap, he knew he had me here. Should I lie? I had the feeling it would only make things worth.

"Three.." I mumbled.

"So, correct me if I'm wrong, but that means you have killed 21 un-changed Imps?"

"Yes.."

"So you supposedly killed 21 innocent beings?" The humans were starting to back away from me. Crap! Adelina was practically touching Titus.

"21 potential threats, yes"

"Ah, but that's where ethics comes in. So you naturally assumed that all Imps were evil? And that all deserved to perish?"

The other's couldn't really be listening to this guy right?

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:02 am
View Likes
SisterItaly says...

Lina

I stared at the darkling. Panic was beginning to set in, but I bit my lip and took deep breaths to hide my fear. This wasn't a T.V. series where any second the host would jump out and yelled 'Prank'd! or You've just been taken in by the prank patrol!' this was reality.

"How could you just kill innocent beings who have done no wrong?" I asked quietly, taking another step back.

"Those demons don't deserve to live! They take the lives of innocents!" he screamed back at his, his finger flying in the direction of the attractive one.

I flinched at the rising of his voice. His face was turning as red as his anger. It was actually kind of frightening.

"Yelling doesn't make your point right. Nor does it make you seem like a bigger man." I spat.

I was trembling slightly. It did make him appear bigger in the sense of more frightening, but not in the sense of maturity and righteousness. His eyes held pure rage towards me. Maybe I shouldn't have provoked him. He was using scare tactics, and they were working.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:32 am
Kamas says...

Emma

I was cold, and shaking violently, nothing good would come of this.

"Stop it." I said softly, my voice cracking as I began coughing.

"We both know both sides are equally guilty of terrible things. We aren't going to start this age old battle when I feel like I'm about to croak up my death here."

I frowned at Titus who's eyes continuously flicked over to Brady before turning to Ean.

"If you're going to kill him, do it somewhere secluded and when he's done something worthy." and turning to Titus, I let out a little cough. "You, don't you start getting witty, you're not typical company."

"You got it doll." He grins.
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:26 pm
Incognito says...

Titus

Well wasn't this a little bit of an adventure. He wasn't used to so many Darklings being in the same place and he found it almost comical how they all rendered the others efforts useless, leaving him protected and able to do what he wanted. To be honest, he was very bemused. He was deemed untouchable.

Gently, he strode over and place a hand on Brady's shoulder with a warm smile; 'Thank you Brady, for understanding where I am coming from. And you too Emma." Titus added that last fraction when he saw Emma's dismay at seeing him close to Brady. It made Titus curious, after all she said she wasn't his bonded Darkling, and yet she was incredibly over protective. Their hushed words of comfort and gentle touches just increased his curiosity more.

In her frailty, he found her appearance quite different from others. It was intriguing.

"Shall we be off? I have no interest in standing in the middle of the street. Its kind of chilly," Titus said as he gently put his sunglasses over his eyes even though the sky was still grey and laden with clouds.

"Well, we shall be off, but you aren't wanted," Ean hissed, though his words weren't as harsh as before. It felt as if he had given up temporarily. They lacked conviction.

-----------------------

Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:58 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

O.O I"m lost help please?
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:46 pm
View Likes
Incognito says...

We are all chilling on a random road. So just make your character walk by or something. Nothing special has happened really. Just a lot of squabbling and bickering.

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

489 Reviews

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:37 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Brady:

Even if he killed them, it did not make much of a difference to me.

"I am only standing up for both perspectives," I stated mildly, the smile a thin line across my face. "It just so happens that I'm not really the type to care. Theres too many problems already in this world. You cause me none, I'll have none for you."

With that, I turned my eyes towards Ean.

"And you," I said, my voice strong. I moved my shoulder just enough so Titus's hand fell back to his side. "You need to calm down. I know its been a bit of an... interesting day to say the least, but we can't lose our heads over something so small. There are a lot of Darklings and only one imp. If he should decide to attack, there is in no way that he could get through this alive, ne?"

I crossed my arms over my chest, pinching the bridge of my nose. The headache that had previously interrupted my cool composure was seering with pain now. "So, if anyone has complaints with this, please say something now. I'd rather deal with this now then at a later time, seeing as now that I've found so many of us in one place, I'd rather not lose this chance. What say you?"

The group was silent.

Always do what you are afraid to do.
— E. Lockhart, We Were Liars