z

Young Writers Society

Camp Creativity [Accepting]

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:45 am
Cspr says...

((Well, I hope not. I'm still here if you'd like to write a post involving my character...or mine could catch up with yours...? Either, or. *is bored*))
My SPD senses are tingling.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:56 am
MilkNCookies says...

Can I join still?
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:18 pm
Sunshine says...

Dead or not you can still work on posting for Beau and get it back going, eh fiction!
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

180 Reviews

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:00 pm
Cspr says...

((I agree with the above statement. Now...who should start this again...?))

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:04 pm
fictionfanatic says...

I shall!

Beau:

Suddenly, I got an idea.

Bliss' beautiful eyes widened and she asked "What?"

Giving a chuckle, I shook my head and said "Nothing. Nothing at all"

"Gosh darn it!" I yelled, my voice filling the wooden room.

For the fourth time, my pencil broke and graphite sprinkled over my paper. Taking a deep breath, I clutched at the pencil so tightly it broke. Setting it down with the other pencil fragments, I grabbed a pen.

Writing is something I enjoy doing, but only when it's a play. I can't stand writing stories for some reason.

Bliss rose her eyebrows and said "Chill out Beau."

Giving a sigh, I threw my pen onto the tabl and said loudly, not caring who heard "I need stage directions! Give, me, stage directions! I can't do this! I need to plot out the lighting, I need to say they're at center stage."

My hands flew up to my hair. Pulling at pieces of it, I said over dramatically "Look at this! It's giving me grey hair!"

Letting my hands fall, my head dropped to the table with a thunk.

After a second, I monotonusly said "Ow"

*Sorry if this is bad. Couldn't think of anything*
Live, Love, Laugh

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:43 pm
Apple says...

Erhm, guys, I feel very bad. You're all to kind and talented and you're just great! Milk, sure you can join, I would never say no to you! My post is going to be short though, gotta clean. :D

Slade:

Dammit! Why can't I get this right, it isn't symmetrical. My hand shook above my paper as I slowly began to raise it. I could've broken down into tears if Caris hadn't been next to me. Lois stared at his paper and tapped the desk he sat under, a look of thought crossing his mind. I stared at his paper to see it full of words.

"Slade, are you okay?" Caris asked.

The others sat at our desk. Each one was writing on seperate peices of paper though when Caris spoke they all looked up at me. I froze again, great now they're looking. Lois craned his neck and snorted with laughter. Did he see the bad condition of my paper where I had been rubbing for the past half an hour?

"Yes, I'm fine, dove." I managed, my voice hitching.

"What?" Lois raised his eyebrow. "Can't get your ideas onto paper?"

I wish it was that, but it wasn't. The problem was I couldn't get my name right. It kept skewing this way or that and it was beginning to truly annoy me. Beau and Bliss looked up from the little corner they were huddled in and smiled. Isodore looked up from her own paper and frowned.

"Why did you try to rub it out so much?" she asked.

"Oh, I get it now!" Lois said loudly. "You can't get your name right!!!"
I spy!

Reviews: 1
Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:25 pm
AEROSMITH says...

Isodore:

With soft eyes, I didn't allow any pity to seep through. Was there something wrong with him making him inable to write his name?

With a kind touch, I slid the paper away from him, grabbed a freash, clean sheet, and neatly wrote Slade in the upper right hand corner.

Carefully, I slid it back to him. He must have sat there for five minutes after I gave it back to him, just staring at his name.

He looked up at me.Giving him a kind smile, I turned my attention back to my own work, which was a dreaful story about a dancer. The only parts that made sense were the ballet terms.

Giving a small sigh, I erased the last sentence, which made no sense at all.

*Sorry it's short...don't know what else to say*
Check out my novel, "You're-"
novel.php?id=788

131 Reviews

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:01 pm
Sunshine says...

Yeah! Is back! :D I was worried there...

~Bliss~

Poor,Poor,Poor Beau. I grinned at the back of his head.
"Yikes."
Beau lifts his head and gives me a sad smile.
"I know I'm pitiful."
"Nah."
He gives me a oh-yeah face and I giggle.
"Ok so your just-out of your territory."
He runs his hand through his brown hair, leaving it sticking up all over his head.
"Do you think you can fix me Dr. Lotin?"
I scootch closer to him and catch a wiff of his musky scent.Foucus.I try and ignore my beating heart.
"Uh. I'm an artist but maybe... maybe you could write a play?"
Lord I sound like an idiot. Words most certinatley not my thing.He gives me a hopeful glance.
"You think so? Or are you just lying?"
Putting my hand on his crossed over notebook I grin.
"Try putting a play in maybe..."
I wasn't sure what to tell him but... A lightbulb goes off.
"Put your favorite play and put a minor charecter in place of a major one!"
That came out really intelligent.
"That may just work."
"You doubted me?" I ask.
Beau didn't answer, he was to busy scribbling away on his page. A shaft of light hits hits him and I have a sudden urge to hug him.Bliss.I warn myself.Don't even.Suddenly I realize something.
"Um...Beau?"
"Yeah," his eyes stay on the paper.
"Do you have any ideas for... My paper?"
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

84 Reviews

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:47 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Beau:

I felt a laugh run out of my throat.

Thinking or a second, I said "Take your favorite work of art, whether it be your own or someone elses, and make up a story about it. Tell a story about the man screaming in The Scream, about the city in Starry Night, a story about what Makes Mona Lisa smile, anything."

"Brilliant!" She cheered.

"Why thank you!" I said, purposely being concieted.

Kissing my fingers, I said in my best italian accent "It was easy. I just thought and the idea popped in my head, ya know? Itsa like boom! and it was there."

Bliss giggled, causing my to drop the italian act and smile.

In the italian accent, I said "You have a very pretty laugh, no? Very pretty laugh for very pretty girl, jes?"
Live, Love, Laugh

49 Reviews

Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:19 am
MilkNCookies says...

Thankies!

Name:blossom Quitesli
Appearance:
Spoiler! :

She's distinctly Irish. She has blue eyes, and honey-brown hair. She's roughly 5"5

Personality: She's sort of solemn, unless you're, of course, a writer like her. She tends to blame others for her own folly, to run away from it. She never accepts no, and sometimes she pushes it way to far. She'll only accept no if it's personal about you. She's actually nice when she warms up to you.

Talents: Writing.

Weaknesses: Can never keep a cool head, very stubborn, only will be loyal to few. She doesn't get along with girls.has a lot of enemies.

Packing:
Spoiler! :
Image The blue one. It's an ipod bracelet.
Clothes.
notebook where she's writing her story.

Theme Song: here comes the sun, Beatles
Other: She doesn't get along with girls, only boys. Very athletic, on most of her school's teams.
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

180 Reviews

Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:46 am
Cspr says...

Louis:

I glanced over at Beau and Bliss and I just shook my head. "You never give up," I say sadly. "Always with the courting thing-y you youngsters do."

I grin cheekily at them, then turn over my finished paper--based of of something else I had memorized I called "Nighttime" (a very Stephen King piece of work). I'd gotten attacked (about literally) by the school counselor last time I wrote it up for a Creative Writing class.

I figured it might be fun to see what their reactions to it would be.

Of course, only the first scene would work. The rest wouldn't be suitable in a play.

((I called him K.J. last time. -.- I fail. Lol.))
Last edited by Cspr on Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

84 Reviews

Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:52 pm
fictionfanatic says...

I'll bring MilkNCookies in.

Beau:

A girl walked into the room, someone I have yet to see here. She seemed to be a little lost. Looking her over, I decided she might be someone I could become friends with.

Standing up, my head just an inch or two from the low ceiling, and I called out to her "Hey!"

Her head whipped around to face me. Giving her a soft smile, I said "Want to come sit with me?"

*And I shall leave the next part to you Cookies...take it away!*
*Yeah, I know it's short. Sorry.*
Live, Love, Laugh

131 Reviews

Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:52 am
Sunshine says...

~Bliss~

Just as I was about to say something in reply to Beau's Italin accent-in a perhaps a English accent-Louis says:
"You never give up," he said sadly. "Always with the courting thing-y you youngsters do."
He gave us a cheeky grin and goes back to his writing. I blush, ever so slightly. Then a girl walks in. She has one of those Yes-I'm- gonna-kick-you-in-the-face-how-do-you-do postures. I don't USUALLY get along with people like that.
"Hey!"
Beau yells, shocking me.
"Want to come sit with me?"
Me?I feel a slight stab of pain.Stop that you wimp! Beau's just being nice. You should be to. Giving my mental self an eye roll I say,
" US," I give Beau a sassy smile,"We'd be glad to have you. I'm Bliss, by the way."
Beau glances over at me and rolls his eyes before glancing to the girl.What was she gonna say?

---The Book Thief---

49 Reviews

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:32 am
MilkNCookies says...

Blossom Thanks!

"Um... sure, I guess." I said, walking over. I had NO IDEA what I was doing, anyways. I was only here because of my novel. They seemed nice enough.

"I'm Beau." HE said. We stood quiet for a secound, me ready to pounce. I slowly relaxed.

"Oh! Sorry. I'm Blossom." I said, realizing what they quieted for. If I was lucky, i found some friends. But... you never know.

"Are you singing, dancing-" Bliss began.

"Writing. I'm published." I explained. They nodded. I quieted, just looking around.

~Dr.Seuss.

84 Reviews

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:54 am
fictionfanatic says...

Beau:

"Writing? That's cool. Bliss and I were just talking about being awful at it."

A chuckle slid from my mouth and I said "I personally am an actor."

Reaching over to Bliss, I flipped her hair in the air and said teasingly "And Blissy here is an artist."

Blossom didn't really say anything, so we went back to writing our stories.

"I've got it!" I yelled, holding my papers in the air, a smile on my face.

Pulling the pencil out from it's place behind my ear, I placed it on the table and continued "I've finished the play. It's a continuation of the play I started in this book," I said, placing my leather bound play book on the table, and continued "I had no idea where I was going, but I've finally finished it! It's taken me four months, but I've finally finished it."

Bliss gave me a smile and replied "Can't wait to read it!"

Giving an over exagerated look of possessivness, I snatched the book from its place on the table and held it tightly to my chest "What? Are you crazy? I don't let anyone read them! Why do you think I told you to burn it if the zipline killed me? No on reads it but me!"

Bliss got a twinkle in her eyes, but when I asked her what she was thinking, she said nothing.
Live, Love, Laugh

As a writer, I'm more interested in what people tell themselves happened rather than what actually happened.
— Kazuo Ishiguro