z

Young Writers Society

To Have and To Hold (*coco + soggypoptart)

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:07 am
*coco says...

Naya’s heart raced as Julian took sat next to her. “Had a good morning, angel face?” his voice was completely blank of any emotion. His cat-like green eyes pierced Enzo’s gentle brown ones. “I see you’ve made a new friend...”

Naya just stared at Julian. He looked like he was about to beat Enzo to a pulp.

“Aren’t you going to introduce me?”

Naya struggled and threw Enzo an apologetic look. “Uh, Julian this is Enzo...we met on the plane yesterday. Enzo, this is Julian ...”

“Her husband,” he added dangerously.

Enzo's face instantly fell...
Last edited by *coco on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:55 am
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian wasn't going to be an ass. Okay, he was going to be but how dare she sit there and flirt with someone while they are married. No, they weren't happy and no they didn't have to act like they were happy. He was just angry that she didn't respect that whole rule. In fact, it bothered him so much he swore he wouldn't let her see how much it bothered him.

He did enjoy Enzo saying something along the lines of "I must be off." or something like that. Naya didn't talk to Julian even when they arrived to the hotel. She just stomped up the stairs and had a grim line on her face. She looked like she had just recieved the news that she was dying. Julian just walked behind her. He didn't say a word, he kind of looked like a bodyguard. Another night fell on Rome, all the lights were up and the water fountains going. Finally they reached the hotel room. Naya jinggled the handle, but the door was locked.

She let out a frusterated cry. "Damnit, Julian! Open the door."

Julian was walking up the final steps he kind of smiled, but made it disappear so she didn't see it. "Say please."

She stomped her foot like an angry toddler. "You just can't stand to see me happy can you? Can't stand to let me have friends."

Julian lifted an eyebrow while searching his pockets. "No, you can have as many friends as you want as long as they are the same gender as you are." He said.

"WHAT?!" Naya squealed. "Excuse me, mister but you are not the boss of me."

Julian put the key in the lock and twisted. "Angel Face, we're married I own you."

Her eyes went wide. "You wish! You honestly wish! You don't own me, you don't even like me." She grumbled. She wasn't even up to his shoulder and she was arguing with him.

He used his size in height to intimidate her. "Who said I don't like you?" He walked into the room. He left her standing there with confusion written all over her face. She looked like she was super surprised.

"I never got the hint that you liked me." She looked dumbfounded. He honestly could laugh at the expression on her face. In fact he thought it would be fun to confuse her a bit.

"I never said I liked you." He looked down at her with a smirk.

"No, you didn't... You don't." She shook her head, still really confused.

"I do like you." He said picking up his bag.

"You do?" She asked again. Ugh women and their questions.

"Sure." With that he went into the bathroom. A nice shower is what he had in mind.
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. Life is more like a jar of Jalapenos, what you do today might burn your rear tomorrow!

130 Reviews

Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:48 pm
*coco says...

He was making fun of her, Naya was sure of it. The asshole. And to think that she almost believed him...

She paced around the hotel room, just about ready to rip her hair out. She suddenly approached the window at the far end of the room and spotted a group of young Italians her age roam the streets below handing out flyers for what looked like a party. Her eyesinstantly lit up.

Perfect...

With her war-face on she changed into a little black dress that fit her in all the right places. Julian was driving her up the wall. She needed a drink to make her forget.

Putting on a long gold chain and some heels, she grabbed a clutch bag, popped the hotel key inside and slipped out of the room. Her heels clicked and clacked as she walked down the steps and approached the hotel lobby.

“Excuse me, could I have the number for the internet cafe on...” she tried to remember the name of the road, “Piazza Campo de’ Fiori?”

The man nodded and checked through his book.

She had to admit, she was a little nervous, she felt like she was like disobeying her parents or something, but she quickly snapped herself out of it.

“Here you go, signora,” the man placed a piece of paper with a number scrawled onto it. “Would you like to use the telephone?”

“Yes, please,” Naya smiled as the man handed her a telephone. “Grazie.”

She dialled the number on the piece of paper and waited. After several rings, someone picked up.

“Salve,” came the familiar voice.

“Hey, Enzo, it’s Naya, I was just wondering...are you doing anything tonight?”
Last edited by *coco on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

33 Reviews

Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:48 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian was in the shower when he heard the door slam shut. Whatever it was, he really didn't care. He was a little frusterated with that brat right about now. He took even longer.

*I really have no idea what to write.*
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. Life is more like a jar of Jalapenos, what you do today might burn your rear tomorrow!

130 Reviews

Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:49 pm
*coco says...

A loud chorus of “CHEERS!” was heard around the bar.

They all raised their shot glasses into the air in unison and drained the colourful content in one go. Naya practically gagged from the taste of her drink. Enzo, who stood beside her, laughed.

“Not much of a drinker, I’m guessing?” he shouted, over the loud House music.

“I totally am!” Naya responded, her words slurred. “I drink lots...but never eight...”

And she could slowly feel the effects of those eight drinks, the pink one, the blue one, the vodka, the bloody Mary, the one with the lollipop...it was official: she was stoned!

She quickly grabbed Enzo’s wrist to read his watch. Her eyes had become quite unfocused but she somehow managed to read that it was almost one in the morning.

“Oh, hell,” she groaned. She clumsily gathered her things together and turned to face Enzo. “I really should get back to the hotel...” she told him.

“But we’re just getting started!” Enzo's friend Luca shouted, drunkenly handing her another drink. “Stay...”

Naya felt her legs wobble. “I can't...” she held on to the side of the bar to steady herself, “It’s getting late...”

Enzo drained his beer and nodded understandingly. “Come on, let me give you a ride home.”

Naya gave a lazy smile in thanks and let Enzo help her out of the crowded club. They got onto his moped and whizzed down the narrow darkened streets until they reached the small hotel.

Naya pulled off her helmet and handed it over him.

“Thanks for today,” she smiled at him before hiccuping. “I haven’t had this much fun in, like...forever!”

Enzo laughed at how wasted she was. “Well, thank you for the invitation, I know you’re uh husband isn’t that fond of me...”

Julian. Naya had almost forgotten about him. Suddenly she didn’t really want to go back to her hotel after all...

“Well, I should be off, I need to make sure Luca doesn’t overdo it with the drinking...he has work in the morning...”

Naya gave another lazy smile as she watched Enzo ignite his moped.

“See you soon, Naya?” he asked her, hopefully.

Naya didn’t really know how to respond to that so she just nodded. Enzo nodded back and then drove off into the night. Naya heaved a deep sigh before entering the hotel, her head was spinning and her legs were still wobbling. She pulled her heels off before trudging up the hotel stairs barefoot, hardly noticing as she knocked her heel into something hard on the way up. Once she was outside her door, she took the hotel key out of her clutch bag and attempted to put the key in the lock. But her eyes were still a little unfocused, all those colourful drinks had now blurred her vision. Every time she tried to put the key into the lock it would miss.

Aw, come on-”

Suddenly the door opened. It was Julian.
Last edited by *coco on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.

33 Reviews

Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:05 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian had gotten out of the shower, put on a snug black t-shirt and jeans. He didn't bother with a shave, his usually lasted a good three days. He'd ordered pizza. He was kinda of worried about Naya, and that scared him. He'd never been so worried about someone since his mother, Jace, Jessica, and Jennifer... That was a long time ago. It was already reaching one in the morning. Julian guessed he'd put it off for too long. She was out there, what if someone had kidnapped her? How would he explain that to family.

"Yeah, we just went to Italy and she got kidnapped... It's okay 'cause her holders only wanted about oh I don't know the whole damn company!" He yelled to himself. She had managed to get under his skin so easily. He considered himself a patient man dealing with Jace all the time but this was just insane. Julian grabbed his room key and was headed for the door when he heard a scratching sound near the door. He yanked opened the door to see Naya.

Her high heels were on the floor, the key in her hand. Julian noticed her lipstick was smeared and she was wobbling to keep herself up. Her right heel was bleeding badly. She glared up at him when he opened the door.

"Where the hell have you been?!" He ground out.

She rolled her eyes and tried to stagger into the room, Julian's body blocked her from doing so. "I asked you a question."

"I'm not answering." She mocked him. She mocked him.

"Are you serious?" His eyebrows clashed on his forehead. She backed up a bit and tried to walk into the room again. Again, Julian blocked her. This time she fell, actually she fell right into his chest.

"Mmm, you smell good." She laughed. She actually laughed as if it were a joke! "I just wanted to have fun and you are just so boring." She shook her head.

"BORING! Oh my God, I'm talking to a drunk five year old." He growled.

130 Reviews

Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:40 pm
*coco says...

“A drunk 23 year old...actually...” Naya slurred, wagging her index finger at him while trying to balance herself - she just realised that she'd somehow fallen onto Julian’s chest.

Whoops!

She looked up at him and placed both her hands on his cheeks with a look of dead-seriousness on her drunken face, “Don’t look so worried...I mean, look at me...I’m totally fine...” unfortunately her head chose to droop at this precise moment. “I’m just a li’l...sleepy...that’s all,” she yawned.

Julian glared at her. “You’re pissed out of your mind,” he said.

Naya giggled and then hiccupped. Julian pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. “Are you gonna tell me where the hell you've been?”

“I so totally wanna puke...” Naya grumbled, miserably.
Last edited by *coco on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

33 Reviews

Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:49 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

Julian glared down at the little pixie in his arms. He wanted to punch something, not her but the wall... Or something. Yeah, the wall lets go with that. Some hell of a honeymoon. He dragged her into the room and set her on the floor, in case she puked. He slammed the door and cursed, like a sailor. He took off his shoes, planning that he would be staying there for a while. He picked her up.

"Julian..." she spoke and she sound worried. "I'm... Going... To... Pu-puke." she groaned. She had already started (trying) to crawl to the bathroom, she looked like a snake trying to crawl in zig zags.

Julian felt a muscle tick under his eye. He hoisted her up under her arms and ran to the bathroom. He held her over the sink, too afraid that she'd drown in the toilet bowl if he left her in there by herself. ( :wink: ) She started puking a second after they reached it. He was lucky. He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her hair out of her face. He felt her stomach clench-he sort of felt bad for her. Nope! It was her fault. He felt his inner-devil say. By the time she was done, he made her wash her mouth out with listerine. She happily took it and used it.

Julian took her into the kitchen and lifted her onto the counter top. She was still moving around she looked really dizzy. He grabbed her right foot and began to put a couple of bandaids on her heel, some how she had managed to cut her heel. It looked like an angry dog had at her foot.

"Are you going to tell me where you where?" He asked, for the third time. Julian hated repeating himself!

She put a small finger to his mouth, "ssshhhhh. You just needa... You just needa be quiet." She closed her eyes and rocked back and forth. She fell asleep less than five seconds later.

"Damnit! You know what I deserve to be married to you." He grinded his teeth. Julian carried her to bed and pretty much tucked her in. He was so angry. He didn't know with who, her, himself, or his damn emotions. Pride is everything. He took a key. Didn't leave a note and left into the warm Italian night...

130 Reviews

Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:33 am
*coco says...

Naya woke up the next morning with a terrible hangover. Her head was pounding and she felt sick. She lifted her heavy head and patted down her body, realising that she was still in last night’s dress, although she spotted a couple of bandaids on her heel. She carefully peeled one back and saw an awful looking scab.

Gross,” she whispered, placing the bandaid back down to her skin. How on earth had that happened?

Suddenly, she looked around the hotel room and realised that Julian was nowhere to be seen. Oh, crap...

She pushed back her covers and practically fell out of the bed.

She quickly popped her head into the bathroom, the kitchen area and even opened the hotel door to see if he was just out in the hallway, but he was gone. Feeling more than just a little bit scared, she undressed and headed inside the bathroom to see how bad the damage was.

She stared into the mirror and groaned at what she saw. Her face was pale, her eyes were swollen and her hair was a complete crap fiesta. Resisting the urge to bang her head repeatedly on the bathroom door, Naya ran the hot water, brushed her teeth and frantically scrubbed her hair and body.
Last edited by *coco on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

33 Reviews

Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:46 am
SoggyPoptart says...

The night to Julian seemed like a blur. It had been unwanted and not what he had expected in any way shape or even form! He knew this couldn't go on. Not for much longer, he was up all night booking a flight back home and some other things... Julian was stomping back the hotel like an angry toddler. He looked up at his room on the third floor and was imagining jumping off it. Seemed like a better thing.

Remember when you said 'til death do us part?'... Later you realize you are setting a goal. Julian was almost foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog. He slowly walked up the steps. He hadn't gotten any sleep and anyone who knew Julian well enough without sleep, he was even worse than he was with sleep. He unlocked the door and say Naya walking out of the bathroom. She was fully clothed and had make-up on. She looked perfect and he looked exactly the same from the night before.

His expression he let show, it was like a cat ready to pounce. He was that angry. He realized he was married to her, it actually hit him when he was out last night. "You don't know how to hold your booze." He whispered. Knowing Julian whispering is way way way worse than yelling. It meant he didn't trust himself to speak.

"Julian I-" she started, getting an innocent look on her face.

"Shut up." He whispered. "Pack your stuff. We're leaving."

She hesitated. Looked down and then up. "But-" She started again.

"NOW!" He boomed.

Her eyes went wide, she straightened up and she immediatley started packing.

130 Reviews

Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:09 am
*coco says...

Julian was more angry than Naya could've ever imagined. When she got back to the hotel she'd expected yelling, maybe even objects being thrown in her direction but no way had she imagined the look on his face when he saw her. It was an anger like no other.

You can kindly explain to our parents why we’re back so early from our honeymoon,” he said to her bitterly on the plane.

Naya glared at him. “I'll be more than happy to!” she growled, furiously. “While I'm at it I’ll also be sure to explain how much of a jerk you were the whole time we were there!”

Julian raised an eyebrow. “Excuse me?” he glared. “You left the hotel without telling me risking my neck and yours and I’m the jerk?”

“I wouldn’t have left if you hadn’t been such an ass to me!” Naya snapped, her eyes brimming with tears.
Last edited by *coco on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

33 Reviews

Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:30 am
SoggyPoptart says...

Honestly?! I mean are you f-ing serious?! This was pissing Julian off. He shouldn't be driving right now, they were home after only three days. He was madder than a hatter. Hell, he was even madder than he was five mintues ago. That shouldn't even be possible! He shouldn't be madder than that. This whole marriage was a total crock! He was going to end up commiting suicide. Muscles ticked every where in his face. Along with her babbling and her tears.

"Oh, Jesus..." He started. He began to pull over.

Naya finally snapped. "Don't you dare stop this truck!"

He still was about to anyways.

"I want you to apologize because your being a total ass and not because I'm crying." She sniffled.

Julian nodded. "I am deffinatly being an ass. I'm sorry. Just, don't talk while your crying." Julian meant it. He guess he'd been a total ass but he didn't believe in love! It wasn't going to happen. He didn't want her to get hurt because he couldn't love. Julian pulled back onto the road and began driving home. A good hour and a half.

130 Reviews

Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:38 pm
*coco says...

After an hour, they pulled up to the Anderson manor and Naya's heart was pounding. How was she going explain to her in-law’s (and her parents) that she was responsible for their early return from their honeymoon?

She watched Julian turn off the ignition, take off his seatbelt in silence and get out of the truck. She heaved a deep sigh, checked her reflection in the side-mirror and then got out of the truck too.

Julian's parents and his sister, Jennifer, came out of the house immediately.

"Julian? Naya?" Sergi Anderson's eyes moved from one face to another. He looked horrified. "What the hell are you two doing back so early?"

Naya swallowed hard. "Actually, Mr Anderson," she spoke up nervously, "it was -"

"It was my fault, father," Julian stepped in.

He glared at Julian dangerously.

"Our trip had to be cut short because I managed to secure a long-term investment deal with our Italian friends from SGR Industries. Their representatives will be arriving next week to finalise the deal."

"Oh, Julian..." Linda Anderson shook her head in dismay. "You let a business deal get in the way of your honeymoon?"

Julian shrugged. "It had to be done."

Sergi looked torn between being angry and relieved at the same time. "Well, then..." he struggled before finally coming to a decision. "What's done is done. At least Anderson Corp. will have something to look forward to in the coming weeks. You are aware of course, that you will have to present this news to The Board tomorrow..."

Julian nodded, "Fine..."

"Right, Jennifer..." Sergi turned to his daughter. "Take Naya to Julian's room, she must be tired after such a long journey..."
Last edited by *coco on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

33 Reviews

Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:51 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

Jennifer was smiling. She nodded for Naya to come to the room with her. Naya looked a little sad. She knew Julian had probably done something. Oooh, when was that boy going to learn? Jennifer and Naya walked up the stairs in silence. It didn't seem much of an interesting time, in Rome that is. Once they got into the room. Jennifer shut the door. She turned around.

"What happened?" Jennifer asked. What was going on?

Julian was really frusterated. With life and all it's damn curveballs. He went into the house and fixed himself a drink. When, Jasper walked in. Julian rolled his eyes, he didn't want to put up with his annoying shit today.

130 Reviews

Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:18 pm
*coco says...

“Nothing,” Naya replied a little too quickly.

“Oh, please...” Jennifer folded her arms. “I know my brother more than he knows himself. The business deal wasn’t the only reason why you two are back so early.”

Naya but her bottom lip.

“Come on, you can tell me, what’s going on?”

“I tried, alright...” she finally blurted out. “I tried to listen to you, I tried to give your brother a chance but...” she faltered, “I just couldn’t take the way he treated me...”

“So what happened?” Jennifer asked.

“Well, last night I left our hotel without telling him and went to this party...I must’ve come back really wasted because the next morning he got really angry with me, telling me to pack my things and now, here we are...”

“Oh...” was Jennifer's only response.

“I mean, who are we trying to kid?” Naya asked. It was more of a rhetorical question. “This can never work! It's not even his fault, we’re just too different from one another...”
Last edited by *coco on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
— Woodrow Wilson