z

Young Writers Society

The Six

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:30 am
SisterItaly says...

Lulu

I'm on the ground. Thankful that anyone came to get me at all. Ticked that Zabe is ignoring ME. Me! Of all people. I pull myself up slowly, staring him striaght in the eyes, chest, whatever part I'm staring at.
"You listen to me." I said pointing a finger at, what I was hoping was his face. "You are getting irrating. Get back with the others, and behave." I don't care how attractive his face feels. speaking of which. I pulled my hands away, realising I was feeling his face agian. I had to admit, I liked the feeling of his stubble.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:35 am
eldEr says...

ZABRIEL

Zabriel watched nervously as Cypress darted through the trees, debating whether or not to follow or take care of the threat at hand. If he followed, that would mean abandoning the six and Lulu, but if he didn't... If Cypress went back home this mad, if the people found out what she was capable of they would tear her limb from limb. He should know, he had been in that position before.

But now wasn't the time to dig up horrible memories. There were much more important things to focus on. Zabe turned back to the two strangers. They seemed stunned, which was good.

"I don't cast out members of my flock," Zabe stated absently. He didn't know why, but he felt fully responsible for Cyrpess' pain. The fact that at the moment he couldn't do anything for her made him feel guilty.

"That's sweet," the girl said sarcasticly.

Zabe set his lips into a firm line and drew his sword. He didn't know who these two were, or what possessed them to think they could mess with the six, but he was determined to put an end to it. Of course, there was the whole two-on-one problem... Then again, he was a Walker, and unless he was mistaken, he had never seen these two inside the city before.

And yet he found that he was sweating. Something wasn't right here, it just wasn't right. Lulu, we have trouble. Big trouble. Cypress has run off, and I'm facing off with two strangers. Get the six moving NOW! He demanded silently, eyes darting between the two.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:41 am
Chupatoasta says...

Audrey~

Audrey yawned her wide cat jaws as she lept from a tree, hitting the ground with a thud. Now, to find Barke or Cypress. She opened her jaws and turned her head skywards, scenting. She continued as she padded forward, walking into a clearing. The boy the squirrel had told her about had his sword drawn, and was facing two women, who had that inmistakable evil look in their eyes. Audrey, shifting her body into that of a golden lion, padded into the clearing, a growl rippling through her throat.

Go.

The man's voice hissed in her mind. Audrey glared up at him, her lip pulling back over her teeth.

And leave you here to face these people alone? I think not.

"Can we get this show on the road? The reunion is touching really, but I'd like to see some blood." The smaller of the two exclaimed, a smirk on her face. Audrey growled lowly and shifted into her human form, two wolves appearing on command. She drew her sword, a glower on her face. If these people were going to harm anyone around her, she was going to jump in regardless... even if she was over her head at all.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:50 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Cypress

I clamped my hands over my ears. I didn't know what was going on. One minute I'm crying, choking on my breath, trying to forget this past night, the next, I'm hearing voices.

I need to follow her...

What's going on?

Lu looks so sad...

The last voice I recognized, and with that, I howled. I held my head and balled up, hidden amongst castoff crates and blankets, my breath ragged. My breath grew shallow- I couldn't breathe- something was wrong, very very wrong! My body lurched away from the wall, and half a second later, the bricks had collapsed.

The wall behind me shook, and I scrambled up and ran. Knees scraped, calves bruised, I ran. I threw a glance behind me, and saw the alley- or where it should've been. Mounds of bricks had filled the alley- the walls were no longer standing. I whimpered.

I had done this.

I had to get away- far away.

People were waking now, pointing, shouting to get the witch. "Please, no! I can't control this! Help me, please!" My voice was cracked, ragged, as I pleaded. But still, torches were picked up and hurled at me. Several heavy rocks struck my torso, legs, everywhere. Planks of wood with nails still attached made gashes on my arms, shard of glass made tiny cuts on my face.

But all it did was make the destruction worse.

I ran further, to the outskirts of the city. Just as I dashed over the border, a dense, heavy rock hit my spine. I cried out and fell to the road, rough grass burning my face. After two attempts, I got to my feet again. Three hours later, I reached a small town, and saw myself in a window.

The flow of hot tears started again.

My clothes were tatters. My tunic was torn almost completely down one side, fluttering open. The left side of my cut at the knee trousers was slit mid thigh to hem. There was a large gash in the front of my tunic, exposing my stomach. The sleeves had been ripped off completely, and my shoes must have fallen off. My skin was smeared with ash, bruised and cut.

I sprinted away from my reflection, into a world I didn't know.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:23 am
ScarlettFire says...

Charna|Forest-Clearing:

The boy drew his sword and I laughed, gesturing to my brother, who had recently joined us. I grinned. The boy was sweating, I could smell it. I had a feeling this would be fun.

"You?" I sneered, drawing my own sword. "You think to challenge me?"

I gave the girl with the wolves the barest glance before returning my attention to the boy. He was the threat.

"Brother, if you will."

Chiekh stepped forward and twisted their weapons into useless hunks of metal and then he made the girl forget why she'd come. Her wolves hesitated, looking back at the girl, who was staring down at her weapon in confusion.

"Now, just you and me, stranger," I said and pointed my sword at him. He glanced towards the girl and I grinned. "She's no help now, boy."

The boy stepped forwards and I quickly wrapped the shadows around us like a fence. The boy hesitated, looking at the thick black wall surrounding us. I straightened his sword and gestured for him to pick it up.

"Now," I said, grinning like a maniac. "It's time to play."
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

384 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:56 pm
eldEr says...

ZABRIEL

Zabe was cursing inwardly. Of course they were Walkers, they just had to be Walkers. He wasn't supposed to make contact with his mentor unless he had no choice, but Cypress was gone, possibly dead if she had made it back to the city, and he was facing off with two Walkers he hadn't known existed until just then. It seemed like a very appropriate time to contact his mentor. Can you hear me?

Zabriel, you are fearing. What's happened?

He knew he was afraid? Wonderful. Cypress, the youngest, she ran. Back to the city, and she's upset. They'll kill her. He left out the fact that he was now facing off with two Walkers who evidently wanted them all dead.

Send Lulu after her, considering you've already failed part one of the mission. There was a chuckle. Zabriel cursed, how had the man figured that one out?

Lulu's got her hands full. I can't go anywhere. He cut off the thoughts then, realizing he was waisting time. It had only been a few seconds, but every single moment mattered.

The girl seemed so unafraid, so sure of herself. Zabe needed something to throw her off-balance, like a whirl wind. But he quite honestly lacked the energy to create one of those at the moment. First he'd have to create it, and then he'd have to hope neither of them had a power that could stop it, and then he'd have to hope to remain conscious long enough for them to get caught up in it.

Nope. Not happening.

Zabe sized up the girl again. She was patient, most would have attacked right away. It had only been thirty seconds or so, but still... She was obviously smarter than that. Audrey go. Now. Or I'll let her kill me. Zabe ordered.

He was panicking on the inside, but he put on an amused expression nonetheless and held his sword ready.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:33 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Charana|Forest Clearing:

The boy gave me an amused smile and picked up the sword, holding it ready. His eyes were on me, though, as I sized him up. He'd be easy. A pushover. God, what kind of Walkers were these? Annyoing, that's what. With their drama and their tears and stupid conflicts.

"Keep an eye on her! She's likely to run!" I yelled at my brother, not breaking off the staring competition. He didn't answer so I turned my attention to the boy in front of me. "So, what do they call you?" I asked, circling him.

The boy watched me, eyes narrowed. "That's need to know only," he muttered. "And you don't need to know."

I sighed, shaking my head. "So insolent. So childish..." I paused, shooting him a wicked grin. "So damn annoying," I growled, and launched myself at him.

He was ready for me. He knew what I was going to do before I did it. After a few minutes of not hitting him and him dodging only to hit me before I could block, I got angry.

"How are you doing that?" I panted and stepped back, wiping sweat out of my eyes. "No matter. We'll sort this out." I tossed my sword through the wall of darkness, my bow and arrows following it. Then I twisted his sword into a useless hunk again. "Let's see how you do with this," I muttered and closed my eyes, dropping my dagger to the ground before swiftly changing shape.

I took the form of a large Prakfura, a creature much like what some would call a panther, except it had two tails and claws twice as long as usual. Now cover in black fur, I shook my head and looked up at him. He'd just tossed his sword aside and was looking from me to the dagger I stood over.

I growled at him. Not so fast, boy, I thought and crouched down low, ready to pounce.

"Fast enough," he muttered and suddenly the clearing was lit up with blinding light, scaring away my shadows and blinding me. I turned my head away, eyes closed against the brightness and heard him run. Straight for my sword. Damn it, I thought, growling.

And then I heard him sneaking up on me. Still blinded, I twisted my head round, trying to sniff him out when something suddenly collided with my head. Painfully. I collapsed, whining and heard him straighten up, breathing hard.

"You should learn to never underestimate your opponents, Charnette," he said. Then he started walking away.

How the hell did he do that? I thought, still dazed from the hit to the side of my head.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

384 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:10 pm
eldEr says...

ZABRIEL

Zabe glared at the boy for a moment, contemplating on what to do with him. Audrey was still looking slightly dazed, but that was alright. Zabe could fix that later. He created a strong wind, blowing dust and loose bits of derbis into the boy's eyes and elbowed him in the head.

"Audrey, go. Now. I'll catch up," Zabe demanded. Audrey hesitated before taking a few steps back.

Zabe slung the boy over his shoulder and ran after Audrey, back to the six. Now they had a hostage, and they could get answers. Answers were something Zabe needed desperately right now and so help him, he was going to get them.

Lulu came into view, talking to Barke which didn't surprise Zabe much anymore. "Lulu!" he hissed.

She turned. "Where the hell were you?!"

"Fighting to save your life thank you." He walked over to them, ignoring Barke and Audrey. "Take this thing and get everybody moving. Fast. I've got to go find Cyrpess before they do."

"They?" Lulu and Barke said in unison.

Zabe sighed. "Listen, I'll explain later. Please just go." He set the unconscious boy on the ground and ran in the direction of the city, the whole time trying to contact Cypress. She never answered, and he couldn't pick up anything that was related to him in any way.

Zabe neared the city and saw why. He stopped just out of view of a very angry-looking mob of people and a very broken, bruised Cypress. Tears sprung to his eyes. He had been here... he knew. GO NOW! He commanded the people. Some shrieked, others just looked around in confusion. Time for a bluff. You have angered me! Your god of wind! Go before I smite you all! It was corny, but it worked. The people seperated and Zabe walked over to Cypress, tears streaming down his cheeks.

He picked her up, and whispered her name. There were gashes everywhere, not unlike the burns Zabriel had recieved in the fire. Memories taunted him from every which way. "Cypress," he whispered again, dodging a few branches. "Come on, wake up." He was still crying. He knew her pain, the way she felt. It had happened to him by fire. Fire that was meant to take his life, that left him scared and alone.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

57 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:29 pm

Cypress

I wasn't conscious, that much was true. All I knew was that I was... broken. Cracked ribs, gashed skin, bruised, scraped. And that there were tiny streaks of air, wisps of life, tickling me. I was in thick darkness, warm, but biting. A warm bath that was much too hot. I tried to speak, the darkness easing off.

"Voi..." I managed to murmur, seeing the face of the mystery voice man. And then I was sucked back under. Memories flooded over me, pushing me further into the dark.

"Girl, where is your mother?" a boy asked. asked. I was six. Proud, the queen of the world.

"I don't have a mother," I had said matter-of-factly. At the time, it was a thing of pride for me.

"But, where do you live, then?"

"Oh, wherever. Usually in a hammock in an alley. I can go wherever I want!" I said brightly. Even then my hair was braided- not like it was now, darkened and moist with blood, sticking to my arms and back.

"But that's no proper place!" And then it had dawned on him. "You're- you're a thief, aren't you? Or-or you're a street rat!"

The term had been new to me. Street rat? I didn't want to be compared to the scary red eyed creatures that gnawed at my hammock! I shook my head.

"I'm not a rat!"

"Yes, yes, you are!"

I kept shaking my head, screaming that I wasn't a rat, I wasn't a criminal, I was a girl who could do anything she wanted!

The air picked up around me, whipping at the boy's skin. The ground splintered, bricks fell, glass shattered. "Witch!" he had cried, pointing as he ran away. I begged for this to stop, for someone to help. No one did.

And ever since, I had never been ashamed to be called a street rat.

The memory stopped, and the darkness returned, now chilly and sharp. I swam in and out of consciousness, murmuring that I wasn't a witch, to let me escape, to let me spare the city I loved.

Murmuring that I was just the nobody girl.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:30 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

OK, so here was my big idea of bringing my charrie in! Not that great, yea, I know.

~Kassie~

My eyes opened with a flash. Where was I? Definitely not in my home. I felt that my sword was at my side, and my bow was slung over my shoulder. At least I had those. I unconsciously felt for the key around my neck, wondering still what it was for. I heard something move under me, and realised I was in a tree. Looking down, I saw a boy walking around, seeming lost. I pulled out my sword, not trusting anything in this God forsaken forest.

Jumping down, I landed behind him, my sword pointed out to him. He turned slowly, concern on his face. I kept crouched a little, knees bent. My face was serious completely.

"Who are you?" I glanced around, still seeing him in the corner of my eye. "And where the hell am I?" He had his hands raised in front of me, like telling me to put it away.

"Rule Flayes," he answered. "And I have no clue where we are, I just woke up. Who are you?" He put his hands back at his side. He didn't seem to be a danger, and he looked way too fragile to hurt me. I had my fire just in case. Or maybe my lightning. I shrugged, putting the sword away.

"I'm no one important. But we do need to find someone to help us." Or I need to find someone to help me, I thought. There was noise behind me, and I turned slowly, drawing my sword once again.

OK, there we go. And I know it's not the best, but it's better than my kitten conversation! OK, now DUCKY!!
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:08 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Audrey~

Audrey was walking with Lulu and Barke when Zabe appeared beside them, an unconsious Cypress in his hands. Audrey's fingers tingled in sight of Cypress' form. "What happened?" She asked sharply, glaring first at Zabe, then Barke, who shrugged. Zabe sighed and Audrey quickly told a hawk high above them to circle around and make sure nobody was coming. He laid her down, and Audrey was immediately beside her, surveying her wounds.

"A mob attacked her inside the city." Of course they did. Cypress wandered the city alone and always in danger. Audrey remembered a nun once offering to take her in, but Cypress had spat on the nun's shoe and ran off, saying something about her not needing any help.

"She's got broken ribs, at least three, and pretty good injuries, but I can fix her up." Audrey smiled weakly.

*Gotta go*
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

66 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:23 pm
SisterItaly says...

Lulu

I guessed Cypress was hurt. I couldn't tell. Heat patterns didn't change just because of injury. I put a hand on who I was hoping was Zabe's shoulder, deciding not to strain myself with focusing on the heat patterns anymore. Which meant now, everything with heat was a dull yellow glow and everything that wasn't was black.
"Zabe, I think we should just skip the test." I said. "If the six are in danger it wouldn't be smart o keep them out in the open."
"Speaking of the six, two of them are missing." He said, matter-of-factly. not coming from beside me. That meant my hand wasn't on his shoulder. I quickly pulled my hand away, and realised, he was right.
"Then we better find them." I said, turning and beginning to run, but I ran right into a tree.
"What use is the ability to run fast if you can't see where your going!" I shouted. Trying not to cry.
"We'll get them don't worry." Zabe reassured me. I just sat on the ground where I had fallen. I didn't want to stand, just yet.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:04 pm
Razcoon says...

Barke

"Hey Lu how's this - I can send thoughts, being a mind freak, so I can send you what I'm seeing. Does that work?"

"You can do that?" she asks in awe.

I press my lips together and nod, then remember she probably can't tell and say, "Yep!" She looks thrilled but her thoughts say she's slightly skeptical. "Look," I say and stand next to her, hand on her shoulder.

I send the picture I'm seeing to her, and her expression turns from thrilled to ecstatic. She reaches out to touch a nearby tree, and is surprised she really knew where it was. My gaze turns to Cy, and Lulu's happy thoughts turn to shock and empathy. Zabe is looking at me, so I take his thoughts of what he sees and send them to Lulu.

Wow, he really is attractive...his stubble looks as good as it feels. I grin smugly and she slaps me. "Get over yourself," she growls, and I laugh.
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

66 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:16 pm
SisterItaly says...

Lulu

"Zabe, why dod we never think of this?" He turned to me. Wow, so that's what Zabe really looked like. That's what everything really looked like! colors I could have never imagined existed! I felt a tear trickle down my cheek. It was all so beautiful! I whipped my face and turned my attention to cypress. I heard something move nearby. I didn't move my head, out of habit. I wasn't used to having my own personal pair of eyes. I honestly was a little pissed at Zabe. He was supposed to be the smart one.

*sorry, it's short I know*

The Book.

57 Reviews

Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:19 pm

Cypress

I heard a girl's light voice- "Get over yourself." And then rich laughter- Barke, definitely. My throat tightens and my gaze turns to stone. I remembered now, why I was like this. Because I had run, and because I was overemotional.

Because I found that what I needed most was snatched away.

My jaw locked, and Audrey looked up. "I'm sorry- did that hurt? I didn't-"

"No, Audrey. Just thinking." I paused. "I never thanked you for trying to get me to go with the nuns."

"You spat on Sister Maria's shoe!"

"She was... okay, so I wasn't exactly appreciative. But I was glad- am glad- someone cared about the street rat." I flashed a smile before memories of that one day, nine years ago, wiped it away.

"Please, help me! I didn't mean to!"

My six year old words rang in my head. My eyes misted up. I would always be a freak, a monster. No matter what I did, I would never have myself under control. I learned that today. I winced as Audrey tore off the lower part of my shirt, exposing my stomach, gashed, bruised, and scraped. I turned my head away. I had brought this on myself, truly, I knew that.

I'd known that for nine years.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

*surprised scream* Aaaaah, NaNo!
— spottedpebble