z

Young Writers Society

Love is So Unfair

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:49 am
Alice says...

Brent jumpped up and stood next to her, "we meant that they wouldn't bother you if you came with one of us."

"Speak for yourself," Colt said, "I'll make sure that nobody bothers you if you come with me or not."

Brent laughed, "how will you do that?"

Colt gave him the mini death glare, and it was enough to shake him to his core. He didn't doubt that he could do it.

"Ah."

"Exactly."

"We will need directions."

"I'll just come pick you guys up at six," Brent said, "make it easier." Then he walked away before she could contradict him.

Colt walked up to her, "I'll stop by at five thirty and you guys could follow me if you don't want to ride with him."
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:00 am
TNCowgirl says...

"We will only have to follow you?" She asked.

"That's what I said." He smiled. She nodded,

"Alright, but if Cale doesn't come I won't." She replied crossing her arms.

"Why not?" He asked. He looked in her eyes. "Are y'all dating?"

"No, just I don't know if I can trust the two of you." She repleid.

"Why not?" He asked tucking a lose strand of hair behind her ear. She nearly forgot what she was sayin gby his closeness.

"Because I still say something is up with you two." She whispered.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

110 Reviews

Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:25 am
TNCowgirl says...

Pippa looked at Cale.

"What do you mean you don't want to come?" She asked.

"Pip, these are the same guys that have always been rude to you." Cale argued. "I'm not going to some party with them."

"Colt is different then that, I'm not sure baotu Brent yet." She said.

"I don't believe it!" Cale growled. "I don't trust them and you shouldn't have either!"

"But I do trust them. Please jsut come for me." She begged.

"No! You can go on your own." He turned and took off to his house. She frowned and jumped as the door bell rang. She opened it and saw Colt standing there.

"You and Cale ready to go?" He asked.

"Cale said he's not going, he went home. That means i"m not either." She said.

"Come on, it'll be fun. Don't worry, no one will mess with you. I swear."

"I would rather Cale be there." She said crossing her arms.

"Please." He said stepping towards her and stroking her cheek. She felt heat rise to her cheek and she could barely talk. "It'll be fun, I promise."

"O-O-ok." She managed to stutter.
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:47 am
Alice says...

Colt smiled and took her hand, he squeezed it reassuringly and then losened his hold so she was free to pull away any time. He was surprised when she didn't, and was grateful too. He loved the feel of her hand against his.

He shook his head trying not to get too caught up in it. remember you've got a bet riding on this. Don't mess it up by telling her about it.

"What kind of party is this?" she asked as he opened the door for her.

"Just a party." he closed the door after her was sure she was in. "Music, beer, dancing."

"Beer?"

"Ever had any?"

She shook her head, "never."

He debated for a while about his opinion of her trying it. "Would you like to?"

She hesitated. "I dont know"
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:56 am
TNCowgirl says...

"You don't have to. DOn't worry." He smiled.

"I'll figure that out when we get there." She repleid as he led her out to his car and then opened the door for her. She slipped in and thought about what was happening. Why was he being nice to her. Why had she agreed to come without Cale. She was leaving her life line behind. She pulled her phone out and texted Cale.

You sure you don't want to come? She asked him. I'd rather you be there.!

Why should i? Cale texted back as Colt climbed in and started the engine driving away from her house.

Cause your my friend, and I need you there.
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:03 am
Alice says...

Colt took every oppertunity to look over at her, she looked nervous, sad, afraid, and almost angry.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"I'm fine."

"That is not the face of fine."

"Yes it is." He pulled into a random parking lot and stopped to look at her. She started to look even more afraid, it was dark, and they were secluded. "Why did we stop?"

"Because something's wrong, and I want to know what."

"I'm afraid," she squeaked after a moment of silence.

"Of what?"

"The party, leaving my whole life behind, not having Cole coming."

"Would you rather we do something else?" he asked, "I'll even go personally kidnap Cole. I'm pretty sure I can get him in the car..."

She smiled, "go do what then?"

"How about the carnival?"
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:08 am
TNCowgirl says...

Pippa bit her lower lip thinking. "Alright." She said softly. "That'll be better."

"Why are you so worried about the party?" He asked backing out of the spot and then driving the opposite direction.

"I've never been to one." She replied. "I was really scared."

"We'll have fun at the carnavil." he smiled back at her.

I'm not coming period. I'm mad at you. Cale replied.

Fine, I'm not going to the party anyways.

"So, who are you talkin to?" He asked.

"Cale. I was trying to talk him into coming, but he said no. It's ok now I guess." She smiled at him.
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:16 am
Alice says...

Colt looked at her, "do you want him to come?"

She nodded.

At the next crossings Colt did a U-turn. "What was that?" she demanded.

"We're going to go get Cole."

"He won't like this."

"I'm sure he won't. He pulled into his driveway, "this is it right?"

"Y-yes," she stuttered. "what are you going to do? Don't hurt him."

"I promise, I won't, unless he goes for the groin, then I reserve the right to pound in his face."

She smiled, he doubted she could blame him for that.

Colt strolled up to the front door and knocked, Cole answered. "Are you gonna come or what?" he asked.

"No I'm not."

"Why not?"

"I'm punishing her."

Colt's face drew more serious, "for what? She looked like she was on the verge of tears on the way to the party."

"So why are you here? Don't you want to hurt her?"

"No!" Colt was starting to get impatient with him. He had already determined that when he won the bet it was going to be because he fell for her, and he wasn't going to let her go. "I never want to hurt her."

Cole snorted.

"I promised her that I wouldn't hurt you, so I'm going to ask nicely, come to the carnival with us, for her sake. She'll have so much more fun if you're there, and you're happy."

He glared at me, but then nodded, "fine."

As they walked back to the car Colt couldn't help but ask, "you love her don't you?"

"What?"

"Pippa, you're in love with her aren't you?"
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:23 am
TNCowgirl says...

Pippa listened to the music as she watched them talking then she watched them walking back They were talking about something then they stopped and she tried to listen in. She oculdn't hear them though and it was near going to drive her up the wall. SHe saw Cale shaking his head yes, then explain something. She gave up and laid her head back. When the door opened Cale climbed in the back and she smiled at him.

"Thanks for coming." She smiled.

"Whatever." he grunted. She frowned, he didn't want to come. Colt climbed in and she looked forward. She didn't want Cale to be unhappy. She thought that him and COlt would get along, they were so much alike.
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:31 am
Alice says...

Colt and Cale locked eyes in the rear view mirror.

"I think you two will get along," Pippa said trying to fill the awkward silence. "You've got a lot in common."

Like the fact that we're both in love with you, Colt thought with a cynical smile.

"I don't trust him still," Cole maintained.

"Thats a shame," Colt said, "seeing as you willingly climbed into my car."

He glared and rolled his eyes.

"Cale," Pippa said pleadingly, "please try to have fun."

"What's fun about the carnival?"

"How you make it," Colt said. "THey've got a lot of cool rides this year, there's this thing called the Freak Out. It spins you back and forth and round in circles at the same time."

"Sounds frightening," Pippa said.

"I'll sit next to you," Colt promised, "unless Cale would rather?"
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:39 am
TNCowgirl says...

"How many seats are on it?" She asked.

"I'm not sure." Colt replied with a shrug.

"THen we'll see." She replied as she closed her eyes. They pulled up to the carnavil and climbed out. They paid for the tickets then went it.

"Wow, it's a lot bigger this year." Cale said lookin garound.

"No joke." Pippa smiled. "Come on, let's go ride something." She said grabbing both their hands and pulling them towards a ride.

"Alright." Cale laughed as they got to the ride. She looked at it. There were three seats per section. They all climbed on and she got in the middle waiting for it to start a little nervous.
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:52 am
Alice says...

Colt climbed into his seat and helpped Pippa with her struggling with her belt before putting his on. "Frightened?"

"Terrified," she said with a shaky laugh.

He held out his hand, "will it make you feel better?"

She took it and held on tight, "yeah, kinda."

The ride started, it was exilirathing and over soon. When the three of them hopped off Colt looked at Cale and Pippa, "did you guys enjoy that?"

"Yes!" Pippa shouted spinning around, "that was amazing."

Colt looked at Cole, "you?"

"It was pretty cool."
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:55 am
TNCowgirl says...

Pippa smiled and grabbed their hands again pulling them back in line.

"let's try some of the other rides." Cale laughed. "That one will make me sick."

"Fine, but we're coming back here." She smiled as she looked for another cool loooking ride.

"How about the one you talked about earlier?" Cale said looking at Colt.

"Alright, sounds like it will work." He nodded as he led them towards the ride. She closed her eyes and stopped.

"I'm not sure I want to ride that." She said softly.

"It'll be fun. Just don't think about it." Colt said wrapping his arm around her shoulders and pulling her to the ride.
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:15 am
Alice says...

Colt waited for her to protest, he would let her go if she did. But never did it come.

"Are you sure that it'll be fun?" she asked.

"Yes, and if it's not, I will win you a giant stuffed animal." He didn't want to point out that he would anyways if it was enjoyable.

"Nobody can win the games," she pointed out. "Not even you."

"Haha," he chuckled, "we'll just see about that. Can you win them Cale?" Colt was finding it hard to believe that she was ignoring Cale, or at least not paying much attention to him. Until she grabbed his hand instead of his he felt a little better about dragging him a long.

When the ride was over she didn't look too good. Cole helpped her to a bench where she could sit down and held her tight for a moment. Colt knelt by her feet and looked at her face. "I am so sorry Pip," he apologized.

"It's okay," she assured him. "You owe me a stuffed animal, we made a bargin its fine."

Cole brought a whole new defination to the phrase "if looks could kill" with his glare at Colt.

After a few moments she had her color back and said she was ready to keep going. They came to a basketball pit giving away insanely large stuffed animals for a five for five shot.

"Think you can do it?" she asked with a smile.

"I know I can." Five shots later, they were lugging around a teddy bear that she could use as a bed if she wanted.

"I want to try now," she said, and bought the tickets.

She got all but one, and got a smaller one. "Here," she said hading it to Cole, "you can have this one."

"You won it," he protested.

"He won this one," she said pointing to the thing thrown over Colt's shoulder.

"She's got a point man," he said.
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:21 am
TNCowgirl says...

She smiled at the two of them as they grabbed some cotten candy and then went on a few more rides before some fire works started. She used the huge bear as a pillow watching the fireworks light up the sky in an ary of beautiful colors.

"Their so pretty. "She whispered.

"No joke, this was so much better then the party. His phone ran g and he picked it up.

"We're at teh party.......no I didn't want to come.........No cale didn't want to go........so?" He hung up and smiled.

"Who was that?" She asked.

"BRent." he replied with a laugh. "Said you two were supposed to come."

"Oh well, he'll live." she smiled as she pulled the bear to her chest and looked up at the sky. "This thing is comfy."
Want a Readers crit???

It's a dramatic situation almost every time you answer the phone—if you answer the phone.
— Matthew Weiner