z

Young Writers Society

Out of body Experience

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:11 pm
kokobeans says...

This looks like a really fun book to join, but thus far i'm confuse. Is there any chance somebody could let me know who's who when what's where and why?

Profile:

original body:
name: Lii Walker
appearance: messy brown hair, stubbly beard, really dark eyes and glasses
occupation: dog-walker (with a secret underground base where he works with scientific computer jumbo and pledges alliegance to the highest bidder)
personality: A sharp, witty, sarcastic know-it-all university graduate who can't, and doesn't want, to get close to anyone

New body:
name: Still calls himself Lii
appearance: looks similar, but with longish hair, just as dorky looking
personality: See above, though with the time he's spent as a child, he loves things like being mothered, and accepts a childs role

Addition: I'm not sure this is allowed, but for the sake of throwing in my own plot twist - Lii's body was switched on the 9th of february 2118, for a reason he's still not sure of.

<Lii>

I looked down at my little brother, of course, biologically, I was the little brother. Whilst nurses and doctors where hurrying around trying to organise their own little dilemas, I was keeping watch on the life support that kept my brother alive.

A little while ago, I would have looked at other people and thought, "you fools don't know how good you've got it". Now? It wasn't not as sweet as I thought it would be, seeing them suffer in the same way. It was actually quite pathetic.

'I'm glad you're asleep,' I sighed, whilst tired doctors in the form of children, adults, even one clown (literally) scurried back and forth, unable to distinguish between staff and patient. 'I'll fix us soon, just a little longer.'

With that I left. Yes, I loved my brother, but I was never compassionate enough to wait with him all day.

I left the hospital, and with the aid of a pistol kept in my back pocket managed to get a kind woman to lend me her car.

I drove up to the field near the old war shelters. As usual it was still fairly empty, except for a group of roughed up people in the middle of the field, standing around. Waiting.

With all this mess, what could they possibly be waiting for? I opened the car door and stood outside it, my hand on the gun in my back pocket.

'This should be interesting... Stop talking to yourself idiot...' I shrugged. 'Old habits die hard.'

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:52 am
RoryLegend says...

*alright there is my character who is now just going by MJ and Jack (the government agent), there is a toddler, two girls, one of which is crazyi think, another guy, and a girl who is in a guy's body.. sorry I am having a hard time with names...*

[MJ]

We were still in the feild when a car pulled up and a kid, about 7, pulled up and got out. We all took a confused take in his direction as he appraoched us.
"What're you all waiting for?" He asked in an annoyed tone.
"Our ticket out of here." One of the girls answered.
"To where?" He asked.
"That's classified." Jack said harshly before turning his back to the kid.
"Jack, lay off, he is just a kid."
"Maybe he is not just a kid," Jack pointed out, "Besides we can't take any more people." He was whispering this to me.
"So what we just leave him here?"
"He'll be fine, we will get this all sorted out."
"Excuse me," The kid said, walking even closer to the group, "are you all government?"
"No, not all." Jack replied.
"Are you?" the kid asked.
"Maybe, why?"
"Cause I'd like to know why thsi whole body switch thing happened to me before it happened to everyone else."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean I used to be 21, but for the past three years I have been in the body of a seven year old."
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:54 pm
Rydia says...

Alexia now unknown male.

"Got to be better than being a baby," Steve scoffed, waddling over towards the group. I followed him absently, still feeling rather light headed.

"But you've only been that way for a few hours, right?" the boy protested.

"Good point," Steve conceded, "what's your name kid?"

"Lii and as I've already stated, I'm twenty-one and..."

"Young enough," Steve grunted, "now when's our transport going to show up? I don't know about you but I'm starving and we didn't bring an awful lot of food." Jack appeared to be taken aback by the man's boldness but then regained his composure.

"It's coming soon and I suppose you'd better join us then Lii."
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

114 Reviews

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:05 am
RoryLegend says...

[MJ]

The helicopter alnded about 15 minutes later. We were all relieved to be climbing into a big steel bird that would-hopefully-take us someone safe where we could get answers. Jack had to prove his identity by stating a whole bunch of codes and when he did the officer he stated them to grinned widely and pulled Jack into a hug. He looked about 40, maybe late 30's, and he seemed to know jack pretty well.
"Jackie-boy, look at you, you should consider keeping this body." He teased turning Jack around, "Uh, Jackie whats with the entorage?" He said noddign towards the mismatched group.
"We can't leave 'em Hobbs." Then that was that. We all climbed into the helicopter and were off. More riding. More riding, meant more waiting which meant more time to wait. I hate waiting. And I was feeling sick again, darn pregnancy. I just wanted to wake up and all of this to be a dream, no matter how much I liked Jack and the fact that if this had never happened I would have never met him. I also would still be alive though. I leaned my head back against the seat and closed my eyes, praying sleep would take over.
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:18 am
Sleeping Valor says...

Wanda settled into the helicopter, contemplating her situation. Marge had helped her out again, somehow. Once again she contemplated how it was possible for someone who didn't exist to know that--if followed correctly--a certain combination of seemingly random choices would lead to an ultimate solution.

Keith sat, tense. On the one hand, he was on his way to answers. He also had just committed to memory a number of codes that might prove useful if he could just verify their meaning. Amazingly, a few of them sounded familiar. Which lead to the other hand: he was on his way to the government. He shouldn't have been worried, but old habits die hard--as to first impressions. He had not made a very good first impression. He sighed, telling himself he was untouchable and unrecognizable in the body.

"Hey," he said, directing his attention to Wanda. Her eyes flickered to him for a moment, then she looked away again. "Hey!" He accompanied this objection with a very firm nudge. Wanda looked at him.

She wasn't used to people talking to her, not since things had changed. She was also unused ot people bugging her--she suddenly remembered she had not missed this.
"What?" She asked, keeping her voice flat and shifting away and out of his reach.
"How did you know about this?" He demanded. She blinked. He sighed. "This. You knew this was going to happen, how?"

Wanda looked at him oddly, bemused but uncertain if he was allowed to know she found him amusing. She looked away, covering a smile by pretending to yawn. She turned back to him. "I didn't," she said simply. It was the truth, sort of. Unless Marge could be considered a part of 'her', at which point she had known. Unconsciously, anyways. It was easier to just pretend Marge was a spirit.

Keith felt like groaning, but stopped himself. He should be grateful. He just didn't like that he owed his gratitude to someone who seemed to know more than a normal person should--to the point of predicting events before they happened, which was impossible. Unless she'd caused them. He groaned, earning a few odd looks. This was too complicated.

OOC: For our new member, Wanda hears a voice (Marge) that tells her how to go about living her life and handling situations. Just in case you get confused when I mention her.
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:49 pm
Rydia says...

Alexia now unknown male.

"How's the head?" Steve asked, leaning casually against the frame of the helicopter, the sort of pose that makes you think drug dealer on a street corner or teenager with an attitude. The sort of pose that looks real funny when done by a toddler. My face split into a grin and I laughed, annoyed to find how heavy and grating it sounded. How I missed my soft, pretty laugh.

"Head's fine, it's the body that's messed up," I told him. And I'm going to need the bathroom soon, I added silently, wondering how the hell I was going to cope with that. It wasn't just the prospect of looking at the body again that repelled me - okay so the guy was hot but looking at another's body and looking at one you're inhabiting are both very different situations - but also the question of how exactly do guys use the bathroom?

Oh sure, I'd seen films and at least a few of my new aquaintances had the ability but... I wasn't about to admit that I was a girl now, was I? How embarressing would that be?

"You sure you're okay?" one of the others asked, "only you look a little... off."
Writing Gooder

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:36 am
Loose says...

Sorry guys, but I am officially pulling myself out of this story book.

Too much going on in my life to concentrate on a storybook.

Say bye bye to the old guy.

114 Reviews

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:41 pm
RoryLegend says...

Alright if were letting this die do you think you guys could all write like a "5 years later" thing for your character, assuming everyone is back in their body? Unless you want to keep this going..

-Benjamin Mee

220 Reviews

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:55 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Well I just didn't want to post again so soon after I'd just posted. Seemed very selfish to hog every other post. If no one minds then I'm up for continuing. =P maybe PM everyone and see who's still up for it?
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

114 Reviews

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:59 pm
RoryLegend says...

i would love to continue lets just give it a few more days and if no one posts..its dead

-Benjamin Mee

220 Reviews

Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:19 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Alrighties. If it's dead, feel free to join the one i just started. Or even if it doesn't die! :D *shameless advertising*

=P This would make for a great story, btw. It's a pretty awesome plot.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:39 pm
Rydia says...

I posted last so I can't post again but I don't want it to die...
Writing Gooder

114 Reviews

Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:52 am
RoryLegend says...

(I'm gunna speed it up a bit so it can get more interesting-i am changing the disease from airborn to "in the water" hope it doesnt confuse ppl)

MJ-

The helicopter had landed about half an hour ago. They were standing in an underground facility. It was so white, everything was so clean. It seemed unnatural. A young woman had led them into a small white room and gave them food and drink. It was cold underground and I rubbed my ahnd along the goosebumps on my arms. Jack wasn't with us though, he had gone off with Hobbs to talk. All we could do was wait.

Jack-

"Nice touch remembering to use my fake name." I said punching Hobbs lightly in the arm. He had been my supervisor for eight years now.
"Do I ever forget to use your fake name- Jensen?" He handed me a beer.
"You know I don't drink Hobbs. I can't get any water?" Hobbs' face fell.
"You see that's the problem Jensen."
"The water? That is why everyone has..changed?" I popped the top off the beer bottle figuring I would need it.
"Yes, we have underground plants like these all over the world. They were all trying to figure out how to make this drug work. And they did. But there was a..problem?"
"What drug? What problem?"
"The drug was a government design, it was going to be used to get ins at other national headquarters. If we could switch you into the body of one of our enemy countrie's leaders do you know how much insight that could give us?"
"That is pretty amazing. What went wrong."
"The drug was too powerful and they couldn't figure out how to control it-that's what they were working on. It ate right through the piped and leaked into the world's water supply." I rubbed my face with my hands and breathed out.
"So what are we going to do? How do we fix this?"
"We have clean up crews all over trying to get all the drug- B6189- out of the water, but it is not enough. Also scientists are working on a reverse drug, it is going pretty well. But people are going crazy out there. We can get control."

-Benjamin Mee

220 Reviews

Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:39 am
Sleeping Valor says...

Wanda shifted from foot to foot, looking around. She noticed Keith's bright eyes looking around subtly, but keenly. Marge was right--he was very smart. She closed her eyes, rocking on her heels. She wondered what their purpose was here, but she didn't dare ask Marge. Either because she knew she would only agitate her constant companion, or because she was afraid she'd convince everyone she was insane.

(sorry, it's short. Horizon has me all tired out. =P)

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:43 pm
Rydia says...

Alexia now unknown male.

"Uh... is there a bathroom nearby?" Alexia asked one of the supervisors who was dressed in a white lab coat, her dark hair pulled back away from her face and covered by a net as if the colour alone might cause contamination of the white, sterile atmosphere.

"Yes," she replied simply. "Alberto will show you." A youthful man looked up and nodded.

"Anyone else coming? This way," he said. He took me, Steve and one of the others down the corridoor and entered the room with us. So this is a male bathroom... I thought to myself, approaching one of the urinals.

"You go first, then you can change my nappy," Steve declared, causing the other man to chuckle. I rolled my eyes and tried not to be obvious about watching the other guy approach the urinal and remove his trousers.

"Could you...." the scientist turned around. That was something at least. I really didn't feel comfortable with this situation, with this body, with this procedure. Now I stand like this? Oh dear...
Writing Gooder

The reason a boat sinks isn't the water around it. It sinks when water gets into it. Don't let what's happening around you weigh you down.
— dalisay