z

Young Writers Society

Anything Goes

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:53 am
RoryLegend says...

bria-

I stood up toy full height. I realized now the chance of the djinni actually helping me kill whatever djinni killed my parents was slim to none. I paced back and forth for a few minutes before deciding.
" I want you to train me. Help me with my magic and tell me more about djinni."
"and why would I do that?"
"because in return I will give you my mothers magic. She was a powerful witch and I know this magic is worth a lot."
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:37 am
Maybe says...

Nic-

I laughed softly. "You really do need lessons on djinni."

She stared at me. "You don't believe me?"

"No, no, i believe that you'll give me your mothers magic, but i don't need it. It has no value to me. I am an immortal, i can call upon magic as i wish."

She dropped her head. "Then what can i do to get you to help me?"

"'Please' would be a good start."
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

114 Reviews

Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:10 am
RoryLegend says...

Bria-

I rolled my eyes and looked down at the ground. "please help me djinni?"
"Thats another thing. Stop calling me djinni, my name is Nic."
I could feel everyone's eyes on me. "Please help me," I swallowed, "Nic."
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

116 Reviews

Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:57 pm
Maybe says...

Nic-

I gave a long, dramatic sigh. "Well.....I suppose I COULD help you, seeing as i have nothing better to do, really. But, you will have to help me in return."

"With what?" she asked, looking up, her eyes brightening.

"We'll talk about that later, but it is only a small price to pay for everything i can teach you."
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:10 am
MidnightVampire says...

*ok, I hope this will be ok, I don't know what to do, but go to the forest, where all the other characters are gathered*

Kira-

I ran as fast I could, my energy was drained because of hunger. The forest was calm and quiet. There was something though, something barely audible, I couldn't make out the words yet, not with so little energy. I tried to tune out the noise, and listen for animals. I heard a rustle somewhere to my right, not that far away. I turned around silently. I inched closer as slow as I could stand. I could sense their fear, I could hear their heart pounding. I lept, I had pinned the animal down fast. I went for their necks, my fangs breaking skin. This was the part of me that I didn't want to many people to see. The side of me that wasn't quite human. Once I had had my fill, I heard the noise more clearly. No, not a noise, a voice. Not a voice, but two.

I turned into panther easily, something I could only accomplish if I just had a drink of blood. My eyes turned saphire as I got closer and closer. I was on a branch, over looking a large group of humans, no, they weren't really humans, not even close. Then, annoyingly, the effect of the animal blood wore off-human blood lasts so much longer. I changed back into my human form and jumped off the branch into the middle of the clearing, my eyes slowly turning back to normal color. "So," I said, "Does anyone want to fill me in on the action?"
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:34 am
Bella says...

**This is back tracking a bit, because I missed a decent amount**

Bella~

My fingertips continued to glow, and I slowly walked backward, until I was behind Nic. Then I stopped, sitting down slowly. In the long silence, Nic turned to look at me.

"Are you okay?" he asked, touching my shoulder lightly.

"Fine," I replied softly, watching my hands. Oh Goddess, the indescribably pain. I cringed involuntarily.

"I could fix it, if you'd like," he offered.

"No. Tis my magic, and I must learn to control it better than this," I replied, glaring at my searing fingers. Slowly, the pain and the glowing died down.

~~~Everyone does the huge talk and Nic and Bria come to an agreement~~~

I stood up and came to stand behind Nic. He glanced back breifly. Then, a person landed in the center of the clearing.

"Does anyone want to fill me in on the action?"
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

116 Reviews

Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:16 am
Maybe says...

Nic-

I blinked and cocked my head to the side, still the young boy. My bare feet made no sound as i came to stand before the new girl that had dropped from one of the branches. I pulled out the bronze dagger again and held it at my side.

"And you are...?"

114 Reviews

Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:00 am
RoryLegend says...

bria-

I became annoyed as we recaped on all of the events so far. I wondered if Nic realized that I couldn't live as long as him and would need to be trained immediatly. I wondered what the training would be like. I worried about how much I would have to pay in the end.

-Benjamin Mee

200 Reviews

Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:37 pm
MidnightVampire says...

Kira-

"Me of course, and I am Kira, for all of those folk who can't read minds," I said. I looked at the boy who was before me. As I examined him closer I saw he was holding a bronz dagger. "Don't worry, I won't harm any of you." I continued, then I wispered ," Unless things get a little out of hand." Wouldn't be that hard, either. I thought to myself. I saw more people, these people would be harder to take down, if need be that is.

Everything smelled so good. No, don't do this. It'll just make the situation worse, I thought. I clenched my teeth together, my hands balled up into fists. I didn't breath a few minutes, and I slowly began to relax. Gosh, why did magical blood have to smell so good?

I looked around, who was the blood witch?
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:43 am
Light_Devil says...

<HA! I BE THE STARTER OF THE STORY BOOK!>

Something jumped out of the forest and onto the nearest person, it became obvious this thing was utterly dangerous and evil. It stank of dead things and and the malice of a thousand angry souls.

The one it had jumped on was Kira, who was unfortunately the one who was closest.

The thing that had attacked was a chimera, a monster with three different heads and three different kinds of magic. it would take more than a bun ch of people just to take this down.

------------------

HA! Random monster attack to liven up the story, since . . . well i'm not in it!
"Eat, Drink, Play"- National Pub Poker League
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
You wanna go to sleep? Click this --> http://qinni.deviantart.com/art/Timeles ... -102881379

142 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:43 am
Bella says...

Bella~

I had come to stand behind Nic, and was watching everyone speak. I remained silent, feeling awkward again. (This happened sometimes). Nic turned and looked at me, but said nothing.

Screams....something had attacked...a Chimera, from the looks of it. It had attacked the new comer.

I was running, immediatly. I knew what to do during crisises...I always did.

I attacked the Chimera with a fireball, and it jumped off of Kira's back. It turned to face me, and I shot another fireball at it. I noticed Nic moving out of the corner of my eye.

116 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:59 am
Maybe says...

Nic-

I slunk around behind the monster as Bella shot fireball after fireball at it. I saw the others spring into action behind me, one or two going to see it Kira was alright.

"What would be strong enough to take down a chimera..." i muttered, racking my brain to find a beast.

Dragon...nah, too bulky. Dire wolf...not big enough. Crocodile...already used that tonight. Skeleton warrior...too overused. Cyclops...too much brawn, too little brain and they're horribly clumsy (even when YOU were the Cyclops).

Why'd I have to be so damn picky?

"Just pick something!" I screamed mentally to myself.

Fine, i'd just have to go with the dragon. First thing that came to mind.

Changing quickly, i lunged at the chimera who was rapidly advancing on Bella.

200 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:00 am
MidnightVampire says...

Kira-

This just wasn't my day. First I lost the girl that smelled so good, then I'm attacked by a chimera. I quickly got off my feet and tried to turn into a cheetah, something fast.Instead I turned into a panther. "Not a cheetah, but it works," I thought. I tried to pounce on it, but I didn't have enough power. Sadly, the only way I could get enough power to even have the hopes of helping to kill the chimera was to get blood. To get enough blood, I would have to kill an inocent animal. Well, it's either that or more people die. I sighed, why did this have to be complicated, isn't it complicated enough being a vampire? I stopped thinking, I remembered how a wise witch had said,"You never know who's reading your thoughts. No where is privet in the world of magic." I din't want people to know I was a vampire, that would be more suicidal than facing the chimera alone. So it was settled, I had to go out and drink more blood.
"I'll be back!" I called to them and ran into the forest. Hopefully no one would follow me.
I listened closely, trying to ignore the noise of people fighting me, that was torture. Then I heard it, something near. Something that smelled good. Very good.

142 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:14 am
Bella says...

Bella~

The Chimera was getting closer...too close. It made it harder to attack it with magic. Nic changed shapes and attacked it, getting it away from me.

I backed up a bit, trying to think of a good way to attack. Chimera's were at least part cat...

I began throwing water on the Chimera, soaking it as much as I could.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:21 am
View Likes
Light_Devil says...

HAHAHAHHA!

Whoops, Kira, bad mistake!!!! *laughs evilly*

<AUTHOR OF THE STORYBOOK!>

No one followed her, they just watched surprised she would run. Kira sniffed something smelt good to her vampire senses. It shifted suddenly, it didn't smell so good. It smelt like . . . like . . . like that chimera.

Her eyes widened. It's another chimera, except it was bigger, stronger . . . angrier! No wonder why, they were attacking it's mate!

No one, in the heat of the battle realized Chimeras travelled in pairs, their mates. It lunged at her.

-------------

AHAHAAHH! Being the Author is so fun!!!!!!!! No offense, MidnightVampire I hope you kill it. Oooo yeah theres a terrified bunny sitting next to you. It's to afraid to move.

;)
"Eat, Drink, Play"- National Pub Poker League
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
You wanna go to sleep? Click this --> http://qinni.deviantart.com/art/Timeles ... -102881379

Be steadfast as a tower that doth not bend its stately summit to the tempest’s shock.
— Dante Alighieri