z

Young Writers Society

Dark Beginings

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:22 pm
Kitty says...

Kit silently flew above the two. She could sense Cloud and Snow in the bushes, following her. She took small notes in her brain as the two carried on about some vault and revenge. She smiled at the thought of her current 'boss' rewarding her for this great information.
A room without books is as a body without a soul.
---Cicero

Merry Christmas Yall!!

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:28 am
Maybe says...

Rask-

Bella and I made out way through the forest, the light dimming rapidly. I mulled over her plan in my mind and when i came upon a flaw, i pointed it out and we quickly fixed it. By the time the sun was just above the horizon, we had our plan perfected and ready for action.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:36 am
Bella says...

Bella~

The sun was bright on the horizon, and I squinted against it. God how I loathed the day light.

"Shall we rest for the day?" Rask asked. "I prefer traveling at night."

"That sounds nice," I agreed. We had just entered a town, and quickly found the nearest inn.

"How many rooms?" The innkeeper asked when we told him we wanted to stay for the day. I looked at Rask, allowing him to handle this.
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

116 Reviews

Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:41 am
Maybe says...

Rask-

I felt around in my pockets and looked over to Bella.

"How much money you got?" i asked.

"I'm broke."

I sighed. "One room, please." i said, handing over one of my last coins. The innkeeper gave us directions to our room and we made out way up the stairs. I opened the door and allowed Bella to enter before me.

"Not too bad," i commented, looking around the room.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

12 Reviews

Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:45 am
Kitty says...

Kit still followed them, But she had her wings folded away and was now following them on foot. The room door slammed in her face. She scratched at it and mewed. The door flew open and Bella stood there.
---Cicero

Merry Christmas Yall!!

142 Reviews

Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:56 am
Bella says...

Bella~

I chuckled, noticing something long before Rask did.

"Whats so amusing?" he asked, looking at me curiously. I nodded to the single bed that sat in the far corner.

"One bed, two people...there's something coincidental about that, don't you think?" I chuckled.

116 Reviews

Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:13 am
Maybe says...

Rask-

I gave a low laugh. "Yes, very coincidental indeed."

I glanced around again. No other furniture stood in the room except a old desk and a stool.

"I'll take the floor," i said finally.

Bella was about to protest when a soft scratching at the door accompanied with a 'mewling' caught our attention. She went over and opened it.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:30 am
Billy says...

*I thought we could run into Maybe and Rask at the inn*

Dakto pushed the inn's door open, holding it for the others as they walked in. He looked around, turning to Tanis.

"Where are they? Didn't we agree to meet them here?"

"I think we just said the village, anyone want to go and find them?"
He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt. - Yossarian, Catch-22

Wide-eyed stupid.

If you're gonna rule the world, you've gotta get up early! - Joel S. Dickens

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:12 pm
sylverdawn says...

*i'm with him, let's meet up at the inn*
<Rain>

Waiting, waiting, and more waiting! GOD I hate waiting. I jumped up and winced as Fire dug his claws into my shoulders. I look over at Arastone "Maybe we should try the village inn, even if they aren't there we can at least sleep in beds.

Arastone nods and the two of us head towards the center of the village, where the inn was. As we're walking down the street I notice some of the others up ahead. We hurry towards them but I get cut off by a bunch of street rats. Kids raised in the slums, they were begging for money while they tried to pick my pockets.

I look down at them and bare my teeth, out of habit I slipped into thieves cant as I talked to them. "Try someone else ducks. I'm no more an eye for you then the lady moon."

Surprised to hear a traveler talk like a rat. The gang backed off, and when they saw my friends nearby they took off down a nearby alley.
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

12 Reviews

Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:49 am
Kitty says...

Kit looked up at Bella with soft, kitten eyes. Suckers she thought to helself. Bella picked her up and began to stroke her back.

"What a cute cat!" Bella exclaimed.

'What are you doing Kit? You need to hurry.' Kit heard Cloud say to her in her mind. 'I'll be back later.' She said back to him as she purred.

>>All I can think of. Sorry.<<<
---Cicero

Merry Christmas Yall!!

142 Reviews

Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:39 am
Bella says...

Bella~

"What a cute cat!" I exclaimed, holding the kitten in my arms. It purred as I stroked it's soft fur.

"That's not a cat," Rask replied quietly, taking it out of my arms.

"Then what is it?"

"The thing we met in teh woods. I'm not sure of an exact species."

116 Reviews

Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:43 am
Maybe says...

Rask-

I examined the 'cat' as it hissed and spat at me. Bella giggled.

"It doesn't like you," she noted.

"I should think not. I discovered it's secret."

The cat hissed again and swung a razor sharp claw at my arms and face. I scowled.

12 Reviews

Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:50 am
Kitty says...

After a while of hissing Kit finally calmed down. That idiot! He should know to grab a cat by the scruff and not just the fur. She thought angrily. He also figured me out. I should act more like I cat. Kit barried her small kitten face in his arm and began purring.

>>>Ugh my writing brain isn't working right now. Sorry.<<<
---Cicero

Merry Christmas Yall!!

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:48 pm
seeminglymeaningless says...

----------- **** Just so Maybe and WriterChick13 know, if you guys spring a "trap" on Kahlak and the Kender, don't expect to get away scott-free. Seriously. Be prepared to continue the story with one less hand because the orc bit it off, or a missing ring finger that the Kender stole. I didn't like how Light_Devil used my character to hog tie Bella, but so what? Don't "come after us" if you're not ready for a fight. *evil smile* Ok? **** ----------

<Kahlak'tisht>

Kahlak glanced at the Kender.

"Let's leave questions and vhatever for later, alright?"

The Kender pouted, "But - "

"No buts." The orc growled, "Let's just find a place on the side of the road and stop for the night - we've surely gained enough distance between the Dark Elf and that disgusting human. I hate humans."

"Why?"

"I said no questions!"

"Why?"

"Listen, you." The orc rounded on the small creature, "I can swallow you WHOLE!"

The Kender considered this for a second, "I don't think that'd be very good for me right now, Kahlak, maybe next time."

Kahlak groaned in exasperation and asked his god, Torc, what in the world he had done to deserve this.

"Hey look! An inn!" Flint cried.

Kahlak'tisht didn't bother looking, "The inn is probably the first place that weird pair will come looking - let's not stop for the night. If we're luck, it'll only take a few days good walking till we get to the King's Keep."

Flint the Kender pouted again, "But I'm hungry. . ."

Kahlak flapped a hand at him, "Go steal yourself something to eat then. Hurry up."

-----------

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:13 am
seeminglymeaningless says...

------ Ok, here I bring everyone together - maybe the story will make more sense then. -------

<Completely unobjective third-party member with absolutely no interest in the matter of this story ---- the InnKeeper>

The Innkeeper scratched his head, his inn had never been more full.

At one corner, eating the lamb stew (special of the day) was the odd couple that had checked in earlier that day, paying with half-bits and quarters. The girl was dressed in a purple cloak and had long black hair fastened with a golden clasp. Bella - a strange name for these parts - it even sounded human. The boy sitting opposite her, but staring lovingly into her eyes was quite clearly a Drow. . . Or Dark Elf as they were liked to be called. If the Innkeeper's tastes ran to men, he'd find this dark-skinned, white-haired, black-eyed boy very tasty. Rask he said his name was.

The Innkeeper looked in distaste at the horrible being that smelt like something dead. The thing was at least 10 ft tall - the reason why the Tavernkeeper let him in - with long black curly hair and red eyes. A dark being if the Innkeeper had ever seen one. Went by the name of "Tavis". Sitting with him, shying away from the glow of the fire was what had to be a vampire, what with her dead straight long brown hair and green eyes and clamy white skin. The Inkeeper shuddered and hoped he wasn't to be bitten by the so called "Serena" tonight.

An Avian shifted uncomfortably in an arm chair, her black wings tucked behind her back. She had brown eyes, black long hair and a fair completion. Known as Arastone. Pretty pretty princess, the Inkeeper thought. Standing behind her arm chair was a stormy young looking man. 7 ft tall, with golden hair, blue-green eyes and standing proud in a leather vest and black pants, his hands rested on the Avain's shoulders. Drakto Taos, was the name in which he introduced himself.

Sitting at a table not far from Bella and Rask was a half elf with brown hair and green eyes. His brown leather armour looked well-worn, but the forest green cloak resting across his back looked mighty fine: Tanis.

Ordering some Elderberry Wine, the full elf known as Karana with short blonde wavy hair, blue-grey eyes rested against the bar, her eyes roaming around the room. The Innkeeper's eyes finally caught hers, and she nodded slightly, looking mighty fine in a plain brown leather vest and tan pants.

The Innkeeper went out to the stables to check on the horses.

Settled in the warm hay was a - the Innkeeper did a double take - female nestled with two - TWO! - snowy white tigers.

"Well, I say!" The Innkeeper said.

"Say what?" The woman asked, revealing pointed, slightly feline teeth.

The Innkeeper paled, "Nothing."

"I'm Kitnea." The woman who looked half-cat said helpfully to the shocked man.

"I'm - I'm - oh, I'm the Innkeeper. . ."

He gazed into the distance and his heart lurched as a strange looking female on a DRAGON - what in the world was going on today!? - landed in the courtyard, making all the stabled horses whinny and kick with fright.

"What now?!" He muttered to himself, and cowered as the woman walked the dragon over. It was a magnificent beast with red scales and full wings.

"Hallo."

On closer inspection, the strange looking female had white-gold hair, pointed ears, and amber eyes, with lovely brown skin.

"Y-y-y-yes?" The poor Innkeep stuttered as the red dragon took flight, snorting a line of flame at a dead bush which instantly crumpled and blew away in the wind as dust.

"Can I book a room?"

--------------

<Kahlak'tisht>

Flint, the red-headed, green eyed Kender watched the dragon take flight, "Ooooo, pretty." Munching on the hank of bread and cut of cheese which he had just stolen, he skipped back to th orc.

With leather-brown skin, deepset grey eyes and a ferocious scowl, the orc greeted the Kender, "What took you so long?!"

The Kender jumped up and down, "Bella and Rask are in the inn, just like you said! And there's this bird-woman, and this guy that smells like something dead on the side of the road, and wow! This were-cat lady with two tigers!"

The orc snorted, "So?"

---------------

**** now, I hope that helped some. . . and I hope I didn't miss anyone out! Merry Christmas! ****
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

Mr. Scorpio says productivity is up 2%, and it's all because of my motivational techniques -- like donuts and the possibility of more donuts to come.
— Homer Simpson