z

Young Writers Society

The Loyals

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:18 pm
Saphira says...

Alaura followed Eliera in silence for awhile. As they neared the edge of the city Alaura felt something and she turned to look at Zander. He was standing still far behind the group and he had gone rigid. Alaura caught Eliera and Hendreas attention and they all froze looking at Zander.

'Zander?' Alaura said walking forward. Zander head turned sharply and dark, blank eyes stared back at her.

'What is wrong with him?' she asked Eliera in a whisper as they all looked at Zanders still figure, just visable in the rising sun. To Alauras suprise it was Hendrea that answered.

'There is alot of magic surrounding us, maybe it affects him more than others'

Zander suddenly advanced on the goup and they looked at his blank face.

'What is happening to him?'

Eliera turned to face Zandr and throw her bag aside as though preparing to use magic.

'Its the high mages'

*hope that is alright*
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:57 pm
Firestalker says...

**no its not but its okay.**

Zander ran towards Eliera then suddenly disappeared.
"What happened" asked Alaura
"I don't know" said Eliera

**Thats all i have got for now.**
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:07 pm
ELven-Maiden says...

*Sorry I haven't posted here since forever. Thanks for not killing Hendrea, guys!*

"He didn't belong here," Hendrea answered, feeling fear crawling towards her.

Aluara turned to here. "Pardon?"

"He didn't belong here..." the dread was getting worse, she felt her senses fray. "I don't belong here..." slowly, dread grew to panic, and she struggled to control her own mind. Swiftly, she made a small depression with her heel into the sand, hurriedly muttering a waterproof charm. She hoped that her fear hadn't clouded her thinking. Hands shaking, she poured the water into the small hole and dribbled some powder in it until it was so black that it no longer reflected light.

Vaguely, she heard someone say something, but she could tell who. She heard voices echoing in her mind, pressing against her skull until she was sure her head would burst. Muttering quickly, she grabbed a handfull of dried dark blue petals, crumbled htem in her hand, and dropped the powder into the makeshift orcale.

Everything grew quiet.

Hendrea felt her breathing and her heart slow down. This is where she, as a seer, belonged.

Glancing behind her, she saw the faint blue portal flickering behind, then glanced around at her surroundings.

She was in a white maze, and though there were no lamps or candles or any other means of light, strange shadows were cast on the maze. And all around her, shreds of colors passed by. She knew what they were and was wise enough to avoid them. Even in shreds, Chaos can do a lot to you.

But what she noticed most was the doors--everywhere. On the ceiling, on the floor, on the walls, crooked, straight, small, big, uneven, perfect, fancy and plain...

She took a deep breath and walked a long the hall, looking for the right door. She knew very well what it was, and she recongized it instantly; a very wide, plain door without a lock, it's doorknob loose and easy for chaos to open.

She felt her heartbeat quicken, but she kept it down. she gripped the metal firmly--even though she felt nothing, no even the cold metal--and focused on what she wanted behind the door.

closing her eyes, she opened it and stepped in. If her eyes were open, she wouldn't have been able to see. but her eyes were closed, and she could see very clearly.

She was in the Abyss, the red sand under her feet and the waste all around her. She could no longer smell, feel, or taste. All she could do was hear.

She saw her form, still bent over the black puddle, and the backs of Eiliera and Alaura.

She smiled. "I'm not there anymore," she said calmly.

They spun around. She knew they could see her. "Where are you?" Eliera asked.

"A different portal," she answered simply. "One seers go to regularly."

"Which is...?"

"The Realm of Dreams," Hendrea said. "Or, as some people call it, the Realm of Chaos. My father told me that all dreams were real, but they were different mixes of reality, carried by strings of chaos. I belonged in the Relam of Dreams, so I went there, found my mind, and recreated the dream." She glanced around, trying to think. "Zander didn't belong here either, obviously. I wonder where he belonged..."
Give me time, i'll crit your work XD I promise.
GO HORACE!
I have some IA on Venus, but I don't know how long it'll last. my com's getting crushed.
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."~Carl Jung, psychologist and psychiatrist.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:14 am
Maybe says...

omg, thank you all for not letting this die!!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------

Eliera glanced around but found no trace of Zander. She shrugged.

"Who knows. He'll show up again." Eliera said.

"Well, in the meantime, what now?" Alaura asked.

"Now we find my father and kill the people who did this to him." Eliera said, her lip curling into a sneer as she thought about what she would do to the mages once she got her hands on them.

"How...EXACTLY do we get to where your father IS?" Alaura asked.

"It is simplicity itself. We find the portal, the one going to the abyss, and we enter it. The demons and monsters inside will try to stop or hinder us, but do not fear because they cannot kill us. They can inflict pain, stop us from getting back, but they cannot kill us. So we locate my father and free him, while escaping back out here." Eliera explained.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:08 am
Firestalker says...

**Where do i belong anyway??**
***I have no idea. Please give me one***
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:34 pm
Maybe says...

Do something like you did in captured, fire. Make it so that you teleported somewhere, had a conversation with someone(s) and decided to come back to us because those someone(s) put some sense back in you. Try something like that...or make something completely random up!
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
— William Shakespeare